Chapter 68 - Forbidden Love (Part 9)

The Pre-existence Seekers

When I returned to Heaven, I am not looking forward for my birthday. I would rather remain here than to return to the Underworld, after so much thing had happened. I grew closer to Aska and Freeya. Sakan did not seem so irritating. It was peaceful and carefree here.

"Delia, why are you spacing out? Quick tell me more of the love stories of Underworld." Freeya loved to listen to the love stories which I made up myself. She loved to listen and yet cried badly for a few days. She was really a funny and cute girl.

"Well, what story will you be telling this time?" Aska grinned and came to us.

I was amazed with Aska as he alway brought us to the beautiful places in Heaven. Now, we were near a large pond which was full of water lilies. Basking in the sunset, the white lilies became light gold. The water resembled a mirror as Aska's wonderful reflection was cast on the water surface. It seemed like a painting.

"Er, maybe I will talk about the love story of Donghae and Eunhyuk. Their love story happened in Ancient Greece......." 

When I finished the story, Freeya was a crying mess while Aska was still smiling.

"Poor Donghae. He is still in the Underworld with Eunhyuk? Delia, can you plead with your father to take pity on them..." Freeya wiped the falling tears from her eyes.

"Haha. I lied to you. Donghae and Eunhyuk have return to the mortal realm safely!" I chuckled.

"Freeya, I remember that you are having classes later?" Aska looked at Freeya.

"Ah! Oh no, I almost forgot about it." Freeya quickly stood up and walked a few steps before she gave me a stern look - the 'do-not-steal-my-Aska' look. I burst out a soft laughter after seeing her look.

"Suitable place with the special someone." Aska beamed," I think I understand from Donghae and Eunhyuk's story."

I nodded.

"So Delia, you might find your special someone here."

"Here? No way. I am returning back."

"Returning back? To Underworld?"

"Er yes." I meant to say to return to my time, to 'Twist of Fate' cafe.

"Can't I be your special someone?" Aska looked at me dreamily.

"Of course not."

"Why?"

"Because you are a god and do you can't be someone. Haha." I joked.

Aska looked confused before he laughed along as well.

"Delia, you are so funny." Aska stopped and he seemed to be deep in thoughts," Then I will be the special god for you Delia."

I laughed to mask the awkwardness.

Aska sighed," I am leaving Heaven for a few days and I think I will only see you, maybe after 3 days."

"It is just a few days Aska. Why are you sighing?"

Aska shook his head."Delia, how could I possible not see you for so long! To lovers, it is century."

I blinked," who is your lover?"

Aska smirked," Delia, I will ask Siwon for blessing to let us get married soon after your birthday."

I coughed," Aska, don't joke because it is not funny. I have weak heart and I can't stand such a shocking news."

"Shocking news?" Aska held my hands and looked very serious. " Delia, I am not joking. I am serious!"

I think I am really shocked.... I never think of marrying a god!

"Release Delia's hand now!" A sharp voice sounded and a ball of light flew to Aska, pecking at his head.

"You, Sakan's bird!" Aska released my hands and looked behind me," Sakan?"

I turned around. The golden hair and iris. The fabulous man now was emitting deadly aura out. The temperature seemed to have drop drastically. Sakan looked at me and his face darken.

"Delia, follow me back."

I hesitated before I stood up. Sakan would be the future King of Heaven and I guessed that I could not afford to offend him.

"Sakan, I see that you started to regret." Aska blurted out.

Sakan paused," So what I am regretting. It is still not too late."

"But you don't forget that she is..."

"Aska! Something is best left unspoken!" Sakan turned," Don't forget who are you and your position here."

Aska did not speak but his silver iris showed fury.

I followed Sakan back and we were silent during the journey. I did not ask anything though I was very curious to find out what Aska and Sakan were talking about earlier.

After feasting on a sumptuous dinner, I had sort of forgotten about it. While I taking a stroll to digest the food, I saw 2 female attendants went to a deserted forest, sneakily. Well, I followed them because I was curious. I saw them entering into a hole in a large tree in the midst of the dense forest.

It was another world inside here. The place in the tree hole was bright and it was getting wider as I walked further in. Soon, I heard voices.

"Bring her here." I peeped out from my hiding place. I was shocked at the owner of the voice. It was Queen Yana and her beautiful face was replaced with a menacing looks.

A few female attendants brought a and dying lady.

Queen Yana's eyes shown hatred and a long fire whip appeared in her hand. "You can't blame me. How dare you seduce the King!" 

Queen Yana flogged mercilessly at the lady and loud pitiful of screams pierced through the air. I covered my ears to stop that heart shattering screams. The whip landed at the lady's body and it was getting faster and heavier. Soon, the flesh broke and blood splattered all over. I had to cover my mouth to prevent myself from vomitting, especially I had a heavy dinner earlier. The lady became motionless and it was then I realized that Gods could die too.

I decided to leave this horrid place and I traced my way back. While I was climbing out of the tree hole, I stepped on some twig and loud cracking sound was heard. I could not wait to find out if I was discovered and I ran for my dear life.

"Who? After the person and so let the person get away!" Queen Yana's voice echoed.

I dared not look back and kept running till I was grabbed by someone," Ahhhh." 

I was about to shriek when I heard Sakan's voice," If you want your life, listen to me!"

I nodded. I valued my life and I could not think of anything now. Sakan forcefully pushed me onto the ground while he took off his robe. Thereafter, his body landed on me and our lips touched.

I struggled and I heard a voice," Who is there?"

Sakan threw his robe on me and got up," Look carefully at who you are talking to!"

The female attendants turned pale and quickly knelt down," Pardon us Prince Sakan. We did not know it is you."

"So, you all know what to do?"

The female attendants turned paler.

"Or do I have to do it myself?"

The female attendants looked at each other before they jabbed their fingers at their eyes. Instantly, blood flowed out from their eyes. I was too horrified at the sight and looked away. Sakan remained emotionless. I recalled the night that I bumped into Sakan. I was shivering. So it was true that he would gouge my eye balls out if I did not pretend to be blind then.

"Go!"

 The female attendants bowed and fumbled their way about.

"Even if you pretend to be blind this time, you can't save yourself." Sakan helped me up,"You really do not learn from your lessons."

I snapped back from my fear and remembered what I seen in the tree hole. "I...I...." I started to feel nauseous. "It was too scary! Wait, you knew?" 

Sakan laughed," Tell me what I did not know in Heaven."

"Why didn't you report to the King if you knew what she did? How could you tolerate her doing all this things?"

"Even if she killed more, what had it got to do with me?"

"You are so heartless and cold blooded!" I spat out," Those that died at her hand were your people."

There was a glow in his golden iris which scared me.

"Anyway, thank you for saving my life." I passed the robe to Sakan.

Sakan took his robe," Delia, forgot what you see tonight!"

"How can god die? Aren't god suppose to be immortal?"

Sakan looked at me with a strange look," Siwon did not tell you? There are 2 ways that God can die. First is by Soul fire and all of the weapons in Heaven were created from Soul Fire. Secondly is from a strange disease. Once contracted the disease, there is no cure."

"How?"

"You will die within 10 days as your body will shrink till your body turned to ashes." Sakan's face laced with a bit of sadness," My mother gotten this disease."

It was the first time that I saw Sakan had this painful expression. " Don't be sad. The King dotes on you and so he definitely loved your mother deeply, isn't it so? Your mother must been very happy. Sometime an eternity of loneliness can't match an instant of happiness."

Sakan gazed at me and the corner of his mouth curved upwards," Who say that I am sad? You just blabbered something weird and boring."

"Ya! I am a weird. Happy? You cold blooded creature." I gave him a stern look.

"Let's go." He held onto my waist gently and the faint fragrance attacked me sense. In a blink of an eye, we reached my palace.

I was about to walk into my palace when I thought of something," why didn't you use this power of teleporting to avoid the attendants?" I blushed when I recalled the kiss earlier.

Sakan's golden iris reflected a mischevious light and he just walked off to his palace.

"Ya! You have not answer my question!"

                                                                   ************************************************************************

Time flew rapidly and my birthday was approaching. My emotion adjusted from the initial shock, anxious to the current calmness. I think I would be stuck in Delia's body forever? I wondered how Hyesung and Eric hyung are doing? And M too....

I was lying lazily in the valley of the white roses when I heard foot steps but they were not approaching in my direction. 

"Prince Sakan's birthday is coming."

"Yes. The King favorited him and his celebration would be very grand. I heard that this time, he will get to choose his bride."

"Yes, all the clans will send the most beautiful candidates. Prince Sakan will be the future King and so the chosen candidate will be the future Queen."

"Prince Sakan is so charming and handsome and the chosen one must be very beautiful to get his attention."

"But I had never seen Prince Sakan smile. Not even once and I heard his temper...."

The conversation faded as the footsteps was not heard anymore.

Sakan's birthday celebration and there seemed to be a beauty contest... Keke. I am so looking forward to see all the beauties at the event. Hey, I am Kim Dongwan but stuck in Delia's body. Who won't want to see beautiful things Huh.

It was dark when I returned to my palace. Just when I entered into my room, Ray flew right into my collars.

"Fatty Ray, you are tired of living is it? Why did you alway want to get underneath my clothing!" I pulled Ray out by his chubby body and pointed my finger at him.

"Delia, put me down. Prince Sakan is looking for you urgently." Ray looked very serious.

I let go of Ray," Ya. I am not going to be trick by you. The last time, you made me crash into his bathroom and I had yet to settle that score with you!"

Ray flew to my shoulder and shook his big head vigorously," Delia, I am not tricking you. Prince Sakan is looking for you."

"I am not going." I turned my head.

"Delia, you are so heartless!" Ray flew to my face and his black iris stared at me," if not for Prince Sakan, you are dead meat now. If not for Prince Sakan, how can you get to the mortal realm. Now, Prince Sakan is looking for you and you ignored him! You are heartless, wicked, cold blooded,....."

"Ya I will go okay." I stood up," Ypu don't have to say all those nasty thing at me. If you trick me this time, I will grill you and eat you!"

Ray happily flapped his wings and flew out.

The moment I stepped into Sakan's room, a strong wave of alcohol greeted me. "Ya Ray, how could Sakan been looking for me if he is drunk? Where are the attendants? Get them!"

"No need....." Sakan was lying on his bed and his eyes were closed.

"Are you drunk?" I looked at him. Sakan opened his eyes and I walked over to his bed," Are you feeling alright?"

Sakan's golden hair messily cover his face and I could hardly see his expression.

"Delia? Why....why are you here?" Sakan turned his head and his hair glided down. I saw surprise in his eyes.

"Wasn't you looking for me?" I jerked my head and realized that I had been tricked," Ray, get your fat here!" 

Ray did not appear and come to think of it, I had not seen him once I entered the room.

"Ray tricked me again." I whispered at Sakan," You better take a good rest. I should be going.

I felt a strong tug on my gown when I stood up. "I am going back. Let go of my clothes. Why are you behaving like a brat?" I was alarmed at Sakan's action.

"Nope." Sakan pouted. He exerted a bit of strength and pulled me closer and grabbed my gown tighter.

I pity my poor gown....

"Just stay like this. I like it.. I like it when I can hold onto something when I sleep..." Sakan fell asleep at the amazing speed.

I felt my mouth twitched. What happened to Sakan? The usual arrogant Sakan was sulking like a spoilt brat. Was it due to the alcohol influence? I tried to pull my clothes out from his hand but he was too strong.

I sighed and sat down by the edge of his bed.  I looked at Sakan's sleeping face. A few strand of hair covered his forehead and his nicely shaped eye brows. His long eye lashes fluttered when he breathed. His sharp small nose and the attractive thin lips. The milky skin which peeped out from his half opened top and his alluring collar bones.... He looked exactly like Hyesung!

This sleeping form of Sakan did not seem so irritating. The faint flora fragrant in the room made me sleepy too and I closed my eyes.

I woke up to the first ray of the sun. I opened my eyes and saw a pair of gentle golden iris looking at me.

"Good morning." I yawned and was going to go back to sleep when I remembered that I am in Sakan's room. Instantly, my sleepiness was gone and I opened my eyes.

"I....." I did not know what to say. I saw that Sakan was still grabbing onto my gown.

"Ya, can you let go of my clothes!"

Sakan smirked and complied.

"You are so stupid to sit the whole night." His voice resumed to the usual coldness.

"You...." I am lost for words."If you didn't grabbed my clothes, I won't be stuck here!" I was so pissed off with this person.

"You can just take off your outer clothes." He added softly.

I stared at him. I wanted to smack myself. Sakan grabbed my outer gown and I had another layer of clothes underneath.

"I am going off!" I raised my voice and stormed out. Before I left the room, I heard his hoarse voice.

"Yesterday is the death anniversary of my mother." 

I paused and smiled before I walked out. No matter how cold hearted he was, he still had the soft spot somewhere in him.