Chapter 15 – Forgotten Love (Part 2)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I nodded my head and gulped my saliva upon hearing Hyesung's words. The vampires had different breeds and the Pure Blood was superior and different in the vampire family. Rumours was that Pure Blood was actually Angels but a clan of the Angels was banished by the King god and they were never able to appear in the day, in the sunlight but to remain forever in the darkness. However, the Angels power could not strip totally and they made a pact with the evil, vowing to seek their revenge. Hence, the Pure Blood could also be said as the god of the vampire family.

"Vampires still exist in modern day and it is difficult to distinguish them." Hyesung crossed his slender legs gracefully and supported his chin with his left hand. Oh my, he looked like an Angel himself. I wondered if Hyesung was a Pure Blood himself. (X_X)

"Don't wory, Teacher. I will complete this task by rescuing Jane." I smiled as I am curious  rather than fear about my task. Well, sometime Eric hyung pointed out vampires to me when we were out late. I wondered hoe difference it would be comparing modern vampires and ancient vampires?

"Dongwan, to tell the truth; I am rather worry to send you for this task." an unusual tender look flashed across Hyesung's eyes.

"Don't worry, Teacher. I completed my last task effortlessly and so it would not be much of a problem for this. I woukd be extra careful." I gave my puppy eyes pout to Hyesung.

"You still have the cheek to mention it!" Hyesung walked over to me and smacked my head. " I repeat again, do not get involved in any other thing but concentrate on rescuing Jane." I rubbed my head and wailed at Hyesung. I saw a mischeviously grin in his purple iris while a serious expression in his pale blue iris.

"Aishi, I know Teacher. But what about the other girls that were kidnapped by Madam Victoria as well?" 

"Do not interfere for it was their fate which you could not change. We can only avert the cause of our client and you are not to interfere into the others' fate!" Hyesung returned to his usual self of being cold.

"Yes, I understand...." I replied reluctantly.

" Good, you will set off tomorrow morning. Now, go and attend to your preparation of this task." Hyesung waved his hand and I left the office and back to my room.

I checked through the items that I was suppose to bring. I also added new stuff to this mission. I shaved the old sandal wood into thin stick like form plus making one end sharp which would be easy for me to plunge into the vampires' heart. Well, I hope that I do not run into any ferocious vampires which caused me to use these wooden sticks.

                                         **********************************

The following morning, I packed my stuffs before and I went to see Hyesung. I saw slight worries in Hyesung's eyes which made felt uneasy about my task. Well, it was too late to regret now. I quickly swallowed the language pill that Hyesung passed to me. Hyesung sent me to mid century Europe using the same methods as last task. I closed my eyes tight. The same terrible feeling came to me again and I wondered how long that I would get accustomed to this time travel thing?

I was unsure how long it was before I opened my eyes again. When I saw my surroundings, I cursed at Hyesung. I really did not understand why Hyesung loved to choose to send me near nightfall and to a deserted place. If it was some other places, I could have forgiven him but this place was where vampires roamed about! The next task, I better made sure that Hyesung sent me to a populated place in daytime! I scrutinized my surroundings and it seemed that I am probably in the forest. At least my bracelet was still on my left wrist.

Suddenly, the trees rustled against the howling wind and it seemed that something was coming out. On top of that, I heard flapping of a of wings and hissing sounds from the forest. This creeped the hell out of me and I felt the hair on the back of my neck stood up. I decided to climb up to the tallest tree and spent the night there. Not forgetting to cast a strong protection shield over my sleeping place tonight. I hope I am able to sleep tonight and to explore the place in broad daylight.

When I settled myself on the top branch, I saw an old European styled castle not  far away and it was surrounded by thick thorns and some white floers. The faint moonlight casted a gentle silvery glow on the castle and if one looked at it, you would probably mistaken that you had tumbled upon the castle in the fairytale whereby a beautiful princess lived in it.

Howver, this was no fairy tale castle and definitely no princess lived in it. If I was not wrong, this was Madam Victoria's castle. My gaze lingered at the castle, bathing in the moonlight and I felt a shiver down my spines. It was not due to the strong winds that passed through but rather, I wondered underneath this castle, how many corpses of young girls were buried. And how many poor souls wandered about in the dead silent of the castle compound. I shuddered to think about it as I wanted to accomplished my task here.

Looking at the eerie castle and now the gentle glow of the moonlight became sinister. I knew that I made the right decision to spend my night out in the forest and I casted another layer of protective shield around me while I slept, in case anything attacked me. Leaning against the trunk, my weariness overcame me and I shut my eyes slowly. No matter what, I better catch some sleep and all the rest of issues could be left for tomorrow.

When I opened my eyes, it was daytime. I was elated that I spent a peaceful night in the forest. I stretched my body which was aching from my sitting position for the whole night and I felt stiff. I stood up lazily and removed my protective shields. I strained my eyes from the bright morning sun and I spied a stream nearby. I leaped down from the tree top and walked towards the direction of the stream. After walking briskly for about 10 minutes or so, I came out of the forest. So, this forest was not as dense and deep as I thought it to be. I quicken my pace to the stream and I cupping my hands to splashed some water on my face.

The water was crystal clear and cooling and I felt that my pores opened up and relaxed. It was so soothing and comfortable that I decided to take off my shoes, sock and immersed my feet into the water. I sat on the bank and kicked the water while humming a tune. Never had I felt so relaxing and carefree as though all worries were gone. I made up my mind that I would to stay around for a while longer while I think over my plan for execution. The fishes in the stream swam towards my feet and brushed against them, making me feeling ticklish. Bathing under the warm sunlight, I had for a moment forgotten my whereabouts.

Suddenly, I heard rustling noise from the forest behind me and it seemed as if someone or something was coming. My body became stiff and my heart beated rapidly. I turned around, anticipating someone or something to appear. I acted boldly and shouted,"Who is there, show yourself!" The rustling noise stopped and affirmed my deduction that it was someone in the forest because an animal would not understand my words and definitely would not stop its way.

"I know you are there, show yourself, else I would show no mercy." I concentrated on my bracelet and my talisman appeared and holding onto it, preparing to fight against whoever or whatever was in the forest. The rustling noise continued and I had a shock when I saw what appeared before my eyes.