Chapter 34 - Only Love (Part 8)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I focused on my bracelet and a talisman appeared before me. I chanted some spell before tossing it onto the ground. Soon, green lights appeared and started to spread outwards; slowly a pond was formed with the shimmering water casting it's lights all around. I heard gasps and whispers but I ignored them. I continued chanting my spell till 2 hazy images appeared in the water. The official held his breathe and came closer to the water. When the images were clear, his had the unbelievable look on his face.

The images were a young woman and a little boy playing happily. "My wife and my son!" He shrieked and was very emotional. When the images faded, he stood there still.

"Now, what do you think?" King Minu smirked proudly.

"I..." He was unable to speak.

"Wait. I am not done yet." I waved my hand and suddenly, the water rippled. Stalks of white lilies sprouted out of the water and they started to bloom. In the middle of the hall was a flat pond, bursting with blooming lilies. I bent down and plucked a stalk of lilies and placed it in his hands.

"Please take this lilies with you when you returned home as this symbolized Egypt's warm friendship with your country." I smiled brightly.

Suddenly, he fell on his knees," Forgive me. You are indeed the Messenger of Bastet. I should not have doubt you." 

I was at a loss at his sudden actions and before I could react, I saw everyone kneeling down to me. " Messenger of Bastet, please bestow us with the white lilies which marked as the friendliness of great Egypt!" I nodded and flicked my fingers. Soon the lilies in the water flew up and into the hands of the officials in the hall.I waved my hand away and the pond disappeared. My talisman came flying back to me and I secretly shoved it into my bracelet.

"I wanted to announce something." Queen Torya stood up." Messenger of Bastet will become part of my Royal family. He will be King Minu's concubines !"

"Huh what!" I felt my brain frozen for a while. The ancient Egyptians were so open minded? I am to be part of King Minu's harem? I hoped I heard wrongly!

"Mother, this decision was too hasty. His Highness had not indicate his acceptance." Queen Nafada's face was pale. 

"Minu, what say you?" Queen Torya smiled at King Minu.

"I had no objection." King Minu replied calmly and sipped his wine.

Soon, shouts of congrats and blessing came from the officials.

"Your Highness...." Queen Nafada's expression was horrible.

"Nafada, this is for the good for great Egypt." Queen Torya replied with a flash of triumph in her eyes.

Suddenly, I realized that the old woman had made use of me as her pawn. She wanted to use me to get even with Queen Nafada. King Minu agreeing to this absurd marriage had his personal agenda. I guessed he wanted to use the image of Messenger of Bastet to make the neighboring countries to be fearful of him and Egypt. This was totally crazy!

"I am against this!" I yelled.

Queen Torya trembled and looked at me while King Minu was still relaxing with sipping his wine. However, I could see the anger in his eyes.

"Dongwan, what are you saying?" Queen Torya maintained her smile (fake to me) while speaking to me.

"I can't marry King Minu." I paused, trying to find a good excuse to reject the marriage while at the same time, not causing embarrassment to King Minu in front of the envoys and officials. King Minu tilted his head to one side and was looking forward to my explanation. "I am the Messenger of Bastet and I could not have any relationship in human world. Because, soon, Goddess Bastet will be summoning me back to her. I do not belong here and I was to return to Goddess Bastet to serve her and she will watch over and bless Egypt." I spoke seriously and trying hard to keep a straight face. I was amused at the lies that I conjoured.

Well since they were awed with Goddess Bastet and so I had to make up this story. In fact, I was telling a bit of truth here because I would definitely be summoned back but not by Goddess Bastet; by Hyesung. Suddenly, I imagined Hyesung with whiskers, cat ears and a tail and I almost burst out laughing. I was trying very hard to keep my posture.

King Minu looked hard at me and I saw his iris getting deeper and darker. I returned the stare and tried to warn him to agree to cancel the marriage. We had a staring match for a short while before the corner of King Minu's mouth curved upwards. "Fine, the marriage is call off." 

I could not believe that King Minu was so decisive. I also saw that Queen Nafada was delighted upon hearing this words and started to purring against King Minu affectionately. As Queen Torya, she did not seem too pleased by this and she looked angry.

i heaved a big relief except patting my wild beating heart. I looked at King Minu at a friendlier tone and found that he was not so mean after all. I believed King Minu knew that I was spinning a lie but he still agreed to call off the marriage. I was suspecting that maybe I was not that attractive enough for King Minu and he might not have lay his eyes on me. I can't say I was disappointed but I was relieved that I escaped this time.

The function ended and everything resumed to normal. I continued spending my time at the Royal Shrine and training Warrior. My sparrow reported to me regularly on Andi's every single movement but there was nothing extraordinary or weird. I strongly believed that I would have some peaceful period as Andi had not step into the Palace for a while as he was away and Queen Nafada did not summon him at all.

I was a bit surprised that Queen Torya did not bear any grudges against me after the incident at the function. She was as usual kind and warm towards me. Well, I acted along and being nice and polite to her.

                          ***********************************************

Today was another bright and sunny day and it seemed to be so everyday in Egypt. I was taking a nap underneath the tree in the garden while leaning against Warrior. It's furry mane brushed against my face and it felt itchy. I was dozing off and in my slumber, I think I heard footsteps. It was getting closer and closer. I started to snap out of my sleepiness and wanted to open my eyes. However, I realized that Warrior was not moving at all and I figured out that the person approaching me was King Minu. Besides me, King Minu was the only person whom Warrior was comfortable with for it to continue to sleep.

Knowing that he was King Minu, I did not bother at all and continued to shut my eyes. I was too lazy to be bothered to greet King Minu. Though my eyes were shut, I could sense him standing before me and probably staring at me. Suddenly, I felt a warm hand brushing away my bangs and the hand started caressing my hair. I became to tense up, thinking that should I wake up or continuing to pretend to be in slumber land? The feeling was nice as if it was like a cool breeze on my face in a hot lazy afternoon.

While I was deciding what to do, hot air blew into my ear " Are you intending to pretend to be sleeping, Wan?" I heard King Minu's husky voice.

I sighed and opened one eye. Immediately, I saw King Minu's dark handsome eyes.

"How can I help you?" I snorted at him.

King Minu smiled and took away his hand on my hair. He sat next to me and smiled," Wan, why did you come to Egypt?"

I hesitated," I came here for sight seeing and I would be going back."

"Going back?" King Minu raised his eye brows," You do not like Egypt?"

"No. Egypt is nice and I like here but nothing beats my hometown." I ruffled Warrior and he wagged his tail playfully. Suddenly, Warrior pouched on me and rubbed itself on me. "Keke, hey stop it." I was giggling but Warrior was too heavy for me to push it away. I spied at King Minu who was finding me amusing and I yelled at him.

" You.... make Warrior.... move away... keke... It is .... making me..... itchy." I was giggling away.

King Minu looked at me for a while more before he called out to Warrior. Warrior merely looked at him before continuing to play with me. King Minu was shocked and came to push Warrior away. Warrior was agile and it head King Minu before escaping away. King Minu lost his balance and landed on me.

True enough, I could feel his heavy body on me. " Get up Minu, you are so heavy. Even heavier than Warrior!" I tried to push King Minu up.

King Minu raised his body with the support of his arm but he did not get entirely off me. He stared at me with a weird look and I gulped.

"What are you looking at? Hurry up and get off me!" I sensed danger as he was very near me. Our faces were not that far from each other and he was staring weirdly at me.

"No one dared to call out my name except my mother. Not even my Queen and the concubines. You are the first to do so." After his words, he turned his head and kissed me!

"Buzz" this was what I heard in my brain when I felt his kiss. It was sizzling hot like the weather here and his tongue was at my lips playfully. I was rationally trying to reject his advances but I felt dizzy and hot. It seemed as if his kiss was making me to melt away.

I regained my senses shortly and pushed King Minu away. " What are you doing!" I glared at him while I stood up.

"Aren't you enjoying earlier?" He shot an evil grin at me.

"What nonsense are you talking." I shot my deadly glance at him," go to your harem!"

King Minu just stood up and came close to me. " You taste like honey." I heard his whisper in my ear.

"What?" 

"I say your lips tasted like honey. I want to taste it again."

"You low life creature." I stomped my feet at him and ran out. I did not know how far had I ran till I stopped to catch my breathe. Unconsciously, I touched my lips. I almost succumbed to his passionate kiss....

                                      *********************************

Later that night, Queen Torya summoned me to her chambers. I hesitated but I followed the attendants to see Queen Torya. I was told to wait for Queen Torya at a waiting room while I was served with some drinks and snacks. Queen Torya knew that I loved the snacks and she would readily get the attendants to prepare them for me.

After I finished my drink and snacks but Queen Torya had yet to appear. I had waited for sometime before I decided to call the attendants to check. While I turned my head to speak, I felt my vision blurred and a sharp pain arose from my abdominal. I felt weak and feverish all of a sudden.

I supported myself on the table while closing my eyes. I heard footsteps approaching and the door was opened. I curled myself in the seat and I felt that I had no energy left in me. I was panting and sweating profusely. I forced myself to see who was the person and my heart stopped.

"Minu...."

"Wan, why are you here?"

"Queen Torya summoned.... I felt very uncomfortable."

I felt King Minu touching my forehead," You are having a fever. Are you unwell?"

"I don't know. I felt very uncomfortable. I felt my innards are burning away..." I gritted my teeth.

"What have you taken?" He shook me but I was too weak to respond. King Minu sniffed at the remaining drink and his face turned pale. "Datura juice was added to your drink!"

"What was that?" I asked weakly.

King Minu's face darken. " It was a kind of drug, used by couple to engage in ual activities."

"What!" I was shocked. "Queen Torya..."