Chapter 59 - Dark Love ( Part 19)

The Pre-existence Seekers

When I opened my eyes, I was at the Forest Valley.

"Dongwan, wake up. What happen in the dream?" I heard Yesung's worried voice.

"I am okay. Hades told me about Kibum and him."

"Oh." Yesung felt relieved," I was worried that Lord Hades would get terribly mad."

"But Yesung..."

"But what?"

"I felt something amiss but I just could not pinpoint it. Something is just not quite right." I mumbled," It is extremely difficult to obtain the orange Manjusa. In order for me to lay my hand on it, Hades had to release Kibum...." I stopped abruptly. I spoke too much and I forgot that Yesung did not know anything that happened to Kibum.

"Release Kibum? What do you mean?" Yesung looked confused.

I let out a long sigh," Actually Hades sealed away Kibum and his mortal lover in the orange Manjusa."

"WHAT!" Yesung was very shocked," How can it be?"

"It is true. Hades could never forgive Kibum and thus forbid them to see each other for eternity."

"If this is the case, Kibum had been sealed away for more than 10,000 years?"

"I find Kibum pitiful. Yesung, I need a favour from you. I need to get into Hades's dream tonight."

"Okay. I got it."

After Yesung left, I looked at myself and I felt funny at my legs, like something was moving on my legs. Oh no, it could not be that I am rooting in the ground now! While I was panicking, I heard a lazy voice above me.

"Is that true?"

I jumped in fear. I tried to tilt my head and look up but I was not able to. The next moment, I saw a white shadow in front of me.

The sea blue hair and the deep eyes - Leteuk.

"You have been eavesdropping?" I rolled my eyes.

"Eavedropping?" Leteuk snorted," I was here sleeping." Leteuk bent down to reach my eye level," Is it true? Whatever you said earlier?"

Since Leteuk heard everything, I had nothing to hide and I nodded. Leteuk's face changed.

"So all this while, Kibum was here..." Leteuk grabbed my face forcefully. "Where is the orange Manjusa?"

I was puzzled at Letuek's reaction. The Leteuk that I knew, could not be bothered with anything except sleeping. Why did Leteuk behave this way? Wait, had Leteuk got something to do with Kibum?

"I do not know." I lied.

"How can you not know? Yesung refused to say anything. His punishment is definitely related to you!" Leteuk eyed me angrily.

I looked away and ignored him. I was recounting what Siwon had said to me in his dream. "I instructed Leteuk to bring Kibum back and he fought against Leteuk. Kibum said that he had never love him at all and he rather perish with that mortal!"

Siwon mentioned about Leteuk. Plus the weird behavior displayed by Leteuk; I had a vague idea.

"Hades mentioned that Kibum betrayed him and so Kibum had to suffer for eternity." I blurted out.

"Suffered for eternity." His blue iris flashed an expression which I could not comprehend. Leteuk did not say anything and he just vanished from my sight.

That night, I entered into Siwon's dream.

It was at the same lake and Siwon seemed to  be expecting me.

"So, are you intending to enter into my dream every night?" He faced the lake. "Even so, I will not give you the Manjusa!"

"Have you, stop to think that Kibum loves you?" I asked.

Siwon's body stuffed and he turned his head at me," What are you saying?"

"Just like what you had mentioned. Kibum wanted to transform the Underworld to a huge garden. To someone who is willing to do so indicated that he loved you. How would Kibum fell in love with someone just because you two had a quarrel? There must be some misunderstanding." I walked to Siwon's side and blurted out my suspicious.

"Misunderstanding? Kibum said all those words!"

"Seeing is believing. You merely hear all this from Leteuk. Maybe Kibum was saying this in fit of anger? Then it can't be the truth."

Siwon's grey iris darkened. "You suspecting Leteuk? No, he is my loyal subject and had been serving me for centuries. He will not deceive me."

"There is a way to find out if Leteuk deceive you." I recollected all of Leteuk's action and assumed my assumption was right.

Siwon thought for a while," How?"

I smiled," First, release me from the Forest Valley."

Siwon stood up, expressionlessly," I can do that but..." He stared at me sternly," You must remember, if Leteuk is truthful; you will be punishing for falsely accusing a god!"

I calmed myself," Deal!" I had to take the gamble. I only know that I had to in order to save Eric hyung and to leave this place.

Soon, I was back to Yesung's palace. Yesung was happy to see me again and he was shocked that Siwon let me go so easily. I smiled bitterly, if only Yesung knew the price that came with the release.

                                                                          *******************************************************************

"Dongwan!" Yesung shouted loudly as he ran to me.

"What?" I gulped down my drink.

"Something got into Hades! He ordered that all the Manjusa to be destroyed. Leteuk and Heechul could not dissuade him from doing so."

"Oh. Let go and take a look then."

Outside Siwon's palace, a few attendants were plucking the Manjusa. Heechul was sighing and kept shaking his head, not forgetting that he wiped his eyes with his handkerchief. Leteuk was standing there with his fists clenched!

"Strange? Lord Hades dislike the flowers but he still kept them. What happen to him now?" Yesung spoke to Leteuk and Heechul.

"The amount of hatred and dislike would explode after accumulated to a certain extent." I replied non chalantly.

I saw Heechul and Yesung looking confused while Leteuk looked uneasy.

"That is right! I had withheld something from you all and it is about Kibum. He is here all the while." Siwon emerged from his palace and took his left earring down. He blew at it and an orange Manjusa appeared. Only Yesung and me were not surprised. Leteuk was looking horrified at the flower and his eyes widened.

"I had been thinking for a long time. If I kept Kibum's soul by my side, I would keep remembering the past. Hence, in order for me to let go and move on, I would make Kibum's soul to vanish from the 3 realms. This would be the final punishment for him."  Siwon stretched out his hand towards the Manjusa. His fingers were getting nearer while my heart was pumping faster. Just before Siwon could crush the flower, someone dropped on his knees.

"Leteuk?" Yesung called out to his elder brother and I heaved a sigh of relief. I think I had won the bet.

"Lord Siwon, please...." Leteuk raised his head," I should be the one to take the punishment."

Siwon looked at Leteuk," Why should you be punished?"

"Lord Hades, I am sorry. I deceived you. That mortal is not Kibum's lover." Heechul and Yesung were gasping after hearing Leteuk.

"What did you just say!" Siwon was trembling.

Leteuk looked straight into Siwon's eyes," That mortal is not Kibum's lover. I deceive you."

"Why? Why did you do this to me?" Siwon was yelling.

Leteuk laughed," Siwon, I am in love with you all this time. I....."

"Leteuk, what are you saying?" Heechul wanted to stop Leteuk from saying further to anger Siwon.

"Heechul, let Leteuk continue." Siwon motioned to stop Heechul from interrupting.

"When you abducted Kibum into the Underworld, I was hoping that he would not fall in love with you. In the end, both of you fell in love with each other. Your devotion towards Kibum is killing me slowly like poison. Jealousy made me lose my mind. When you sent me to get Kibum, he told me that you are the only one that he loved."

"That mortal?" Siwon asked. I was in admiration that Siwon was calm after hearing so much.

"That mortal, Ryeowook, happened to be a fisherman who ever saved Kibum's life before."

"So, whatever you told me was lies!"

"Yes, only about the lover part. I was out of mind then due to jealousy."

"Then why did Kibum said that he would perish together with that Ryeowook? Why did Kibum said that he never love me?"

"Because I said something to Kibum...." Leteuk tried to recall but suddenly, he held his head." What did I tell Kibum? Why I could not recall anything? My mind is total blank. I am sure that I said something to Kibum to agitate him and so he replied those words." Leteuk mumbled to himself," What exactly did I tell Kibum?"

I felt creepy at this situation. Siwon, Leteuk, Heechul and Yesung and the rest of the Underworld had an important part of their memories being erased. I recounted M's power of dealing away memories and in this situation, everyone's memories was sealed away perhaps? If this was the case, it was a formidable power which could seal away Siwon's memories. They were gods anyway. Whoever was responsible for this, was a scary being....

Siwon fondled the orange Manjusa and muttered something. I saw 2 flashed of lights shot out and turned into human forms.

One was a young man in tattered clothings while the other was in long gown. Kibum. Kibum's black hair covered part of his face and his eyes were closed. Despite the paleness of his face, he was indeed handsome.

"Kibum, I am sorry.... I did not know it would turn out like this... I just could not stand that Siwon loved you.... I did not know...." Leteuk's expression was of guilt and remorse. Leteuk merely took two steps forwards but Siwon lifted Kibum in his arms. Anger flashed in Siwon's eyes and he flicked his finger. A dark purple light hit Leteuk which made him flew a bit away and a trail of blood was seen at the corner of Leteuk's lips.

"I hereby sentenced Leteuk, God of Sleep to cross the river of Hate." 

Heechul and Yesung fell on their knees immediately to plead for Leteuk. River of Hate.... The water could neutralize any power of gods. Was Siwon stripping Leteuk of his title of a god?

"There is no need to plead for me." Leteuk smiled and resumed his lazy self," I am tired of being the God of Sleep."

"Leteuk!" Both Yesung and Heechul shouted.

I felt guilty too. If it was not for me, Yesung would not lose his elder brother. Am I doing the right thing?

"Lord Hades, I feel you but Leteuk was in charge if the sleep of the 3 realms. If he was stripped of his post, chaos would ensued in the 3 realms." Heechul spoke with a chocking voice.

"Lord Hades, let me take my brother's place in the punishment! Let me cross the river of Hate instead!"

"Yesung, are you out of your mind!" Leteuk roared.

"Yesung, what makes you think that without you; there would not be chaos on the 3 realms? At least, I like the dreams that you created." Heechul smiled at looked at Siwon. This is the first time that I saw such a brilliant smile from the god of Death! I believed I saw his sadness more than happiness.

"Love, to us - the gods in the Underworld is an unthinkable thing." Heechul continued," what Leteuk had done was serious and it could not be undone. Lord Hades, you are still fortunate that the misunderstanding had cleared up. You still had the chance to be with...." Heechul's expression darken," Unlike me...."

Did Heechul had a sad love story himself? Before I could figure out, Heechul took out his handkerchief and dabbed at his eyes.

Siwon's expression softened but the fury in his eyes remained. "Leteuk, you are to remain in your post but I did not want to see you again. Heechul, bring Ryeowook to Bliss land to be reborn." Siwon turned and entered into his palace with Kibum.

Yesung was squealing with delight and he ran to Leteuk. Leteuk was expressionless.

"Wait." I called out to Siwon," The orange Manjusa?"

Siwon gazed at Kibum in his arms and muttered," I had Kibum already and I do not need that anymore."

I turned crazy and thanked Siwon repeatedly. Eric hyung could be save. I felt hot tears rolling down my cheeks. I had waited so long for this moment to come. I just needed to complete one last mission and everything would end. Hyesung, Eric hyung and me would live happily ever after.

"Dongwan, you are leaving?" I looked up at the voice and spied sadness in Yesung's face.

"I..." I was about to nod but I realized something, I did not have my bracelet. Aishi, I would ask Siwon for it tomorrow. He would have a lot of words to speak to Kibum today.

While Yesung and me reached his palace, he remained silent still.

"Yesung, I am sorry. Whatever happened earlier was my idea. I wanted Leteuk to tell the truth." I spoke in the smallest tone possible.

Yesung shook his head," Everything is over. My brother did commit a mistake. Kibum suffered for so long due to his mistake."

"Leteuk is pitiful too. Love, is such a difficult thing." All of a sudden, I felt slight aching and I seemed to have flashback of something.

"Yes, it is difficult and painful. You worried for him all the time and you just hope for his happiness. You hope that to be together forever but it is not possible. Once the feeling of apart, you feel the pain here." Yesung spoke everything and touched his heart.

"How do you know...." I chuckled and looked at Yesung. I saw his shady iris which reminded me of the change of season, last spot of green before Autumn approached. I could not say anything.

"Create a dream for me tonight?" Yesung resumed to his child like innocence.

"What dream do you want?"

"A dream.... With you in it."

"...... Alright." I had an unknow stir in my heart, Yesung was also lonely.

                                                             *****************************************************************************************

The next day, Siwon summoned Yesung and me to his palace.

Siwon did not seem to have sleep last night as his long purplish hair lay scattered and weariness was seen in his handsome face. However, there was happiness in his grey iris.

"Lord Hades, is Kibum alright?" Yesung asked.

Siwon nodded. "Kibum was imprisoned by me for thousands of years so his soul and body were weak; hence he would revive later." Siwon turned and looked at me," Thanks to you, I had Kibum back. I would spare you of trespassing into Underworld and you are free to return to mortal realm."

"Really?" I was squealing like a 5 years old kid upon hearing the good news.

"I believe you need this." Siwon flickered his fingers and my bracelet appeared on my wrist. I was touching my beloved bracelet and I was overflowed with happiness. It was great that I could return home now. My gaze met Yesung's but somehow rather, I felt a slight sadness.

"I am unable to trace the identity of the person who help you to get in here. I had to warn you, Dongwan, your bracelet is a treasure from the Heavenly realm. Hence, whoever that person is, he or she is not so simple. There is a possibility that he or she is not a mortal!"

My heart stopped. What! This bracelet was from the Heavenly realm? Hyesung was not a mortal? It was hard to believe but..... Hyesung never aged, he had the ability to send Eric hyung and me travel through time and dimension; even to the Underworld. If Hyesung was not a mortal, all those traits were easily explained. I shook my head, nope.... Hyesung was just a genius mortal...

"You can return back." Siwon slashed through the air and a familiar door appeared in front of me.

"Doraemon's dimension door." I yelped and opened it. At the other side was 'Twist of Fate'.

"But I thought you said that Kyuhyun can't trace anything about me?" I looked confused at Siwon.

"I found it from your bracet. The last place before you came here." 

Wow, Siwon was amazing. I needed not call for Hyesung to fetch me back. I touched the earing on my left ear. Heechul had mended it for me and the orange Manjusa was in it.

"Dongwan, do you remember you still owe me something when I brought you to the banquet?" Yesung raised his eye brow at me.

I turned around and rolled my eyes at him. This brat still remembered that.

There was an evil gleam in his eyes and he grinned," I want you to stay!"

"You!" I was stunned," I can't fulfill your request."

"Not now Dongwan," Yesung's expression turned blank," When your mortal life came to an end and when you come here, you are not allow to leave me. You will stay here forever."

I was lost for words and it was a long while that I managed to reply," But I will be an old man then."

Yesung smiled faintly," How would you know if you can live till that long to be an old man?"

I became frightened. Would I die young?

Yesung chuckled loudly and gave me a tight hug," I was just kidding you so as to see your fearful expression. You will live to ripe age and you will be the funniest and adorable old man."

I let out a breathe which I held," Fine, don't you dare run away if you see me."

Yesung stopped his laughter and kissed my forehead. It was a light peck but I was shocked. How could Yesung do this in front of Siwon. Did Yesung treat Siwon as invisible?

"You receive a kiss from me, God of Dream. Your soul belonged to me when your life ends." 

I felt my body trembled again, Yesung was scary.... I got off from his embrace and turned towards the dimension door.

"Dongwan, I will wait for you when you come." Yesung's evil words sounded behind me.

I turned and wanted to glared at him but I saw him leaning onto Siwon's chest and burying his face into Siwon's shoulder. I could only see Yesung's long hair and the trembling shoulders while Siwon was patting his back gently. I grabbed my left chest and I felt little waves of aching.... Yesung, was he crying?

"Yesung." I called out softly.

Yesung did not lift his head from Siwon's shoulders but he merely waved.

I continued my way. Just when I was about to step into 'Twist of Fate', I heard Yesung's whisper," Dongwan, that kiss is the mark of Eternal Dreams. From now on, sweet dreams will accompany you because I will be the one who will be creating them."

I felt my nose itched and I frozen in my steps for a few seconds before I nodded my head. I stepped into 'Twist of Fate'.

Farewell Yesung.

If I could,

I hope that

I would be able to create sweet dreams for you

So that your nights ...... would not be lonely.

 

 

 

A/N: I think this is the longest chapter that I wrote and I was sniffling hard to prevent my tears from falling when I wrote the last part.....