Chapter 48 - Dark Love ( Part 8 )

The Pre-existence Seekers

"M, I am elated to see you again. But...." I raised my eye brows," If you started to get touchy on me, I am going to punch you flat!"

M looked surprised and smirked," Oh I will just greet you with my lips... Chu chu."

"You..." I was appalled by his lusty words," Not your lips either! That is the last thing I want!"

I was fuming mad when I made my way home. I could not believe what had happened to me today! M really found me in my time but come to think of it, I had a lot of questions in my mind that I wanted to ask M... Aishi, I would ask M when I next see him.

I was sleepless that night and I stared at the ceiling. My mind could not calm down as everything seemed so unreal, like a dream to me. I really could not believe that M was here and a lot of questions haunted me: Where was M staying? Was M getting used to my time? Was M talking to me in Korean? I did not know that a Pure Blood was a language expert. Or did he use his power huh? I did not know how I drifted to sleep later.

While I was asleep, I felt the edge of my bed dipped a bit. I wanted to open my eyes to check and I heard a distinctive soft sigh. Hyesung! I was debating if I should continue to pretend to be asleep?

"Dongwan, have you.... Have you totally forgot about him?" Hyesung was whispering softly.

Forgotten? Who had I forgot? I was about to scream and ask Hyesung when I heard him sighed.

"Of course you have forgotten about him. You have forgotten about me too and everything. Because you are not who you used to be." I heard helplessness in Hyesung's voice.

I was waiting for Hyesung to continue his sentence but I heard the opening of my room door. Apparently, Hyesung left. I sat up on my bed and my mind was running crazy. What was Hyesung saying earlier? I am getting more and more confused by Hyesung's words and behavior. Just who exactly had I forgotten?  Wait, was this in relation to my past life?

The next morning, I saw Hyesung and he looked as usual. Was last night incident being my hallucination?

                                    *****************************

Time flew and it was the day that I was supposed to meet M. I recalled that I had to wear his necklace for the meeting. I tip toed to the stairs and saw that Hyesung was busy tending to his plants in the balcony and I quickly sneaked to his office. I felt guilty for doing this but I really did not wish to see the image of M PK with Hyesung and caused unwanted blood shed! I opened the top drawer with trembling hands and I screamed silently in my heart that my necklace was inside. I slipped it into my pocket and sneaked out of the office.

When I came to the meeting place, I saw a smiling M. His smile became wider when he saw the necklace on my neck. I hesitated before asking M," M, how did you know Korean?"

M chuckled," Wannie, you forgot that I am a Pure Blood? One of my powers was that I could speak all languages in the world."

"Wow!" I clapped my hands," I am so envy of you. How nice if I had this power too."

"Wannie, how about we discuss about you being my mate, or bride?" A devilish grin spread on his face.

"Nope! Don't even think about it! I will not want to become a vampire." I pouted.

"It is okay my dear Wannie. I can wait till you change your mind because I had all the time in the world now since I had found you." He gave me a wink.

"So what you find me? I am not related to you! I am free to date anyone I wish." I stuck out my tongue at M.

"Date anyone?" M's iris darkened," Whoever dare to come close to you, I will make sure that they become vampires!"

I rolled my eyes at M and started to change the topic," M, are you getting use to my time?"

"Wannie, your time is so interesting. There are a lot of new things which I have never seen before. Though I am still not used to all this, the moment my mind tells me that you are living here and I felt at ease. I missed you in my time and now I am not going to let you go in your time! I will cherish now and our future."

After hearing his cheesy words, I felt slightly disgusted. However, I felt somewhere within my heart, I felt warmth. M came to find me and was thrown into this unknown time and place. Maybe I should be nicer to him. "Don't worry, you will get used to my time. How about I show you around here?" I smiled at M and he was frozen in his expression. Slowly, he gave me his brilliant smile and nodded.

It was still early in the night but the street was packed with shoppers. Even though, M had his his hair hid in his hoodie; his unique and handsome features still attracted stares from others. I could not imagine if he let his long hair hanging down and the chaotic situation that he would cause.

"Wannie, what are those thing? I do not like them." M whispered to me while pointing at the cars on the road.

"Oh, those are a form of transport which is similar to horse carriage in your time. But they do not require horses to run but run on a substance call petrol."

"I know." 

"You know?" I was shocked at M's proud look.

"Those things are cars." M looked proudly like a 5 years old who came in first in class.

"Wow." I was impressed.

"Well, while I was searching for you for the past few days, I contacted the Pure Blood living here. They briefed me about your place and time."

"You mean there are Pure Blood living here! Where and who are they?" My eyes became wide.

"Pure Blood is present in your time but majority of them resided in Europe." M hugged me," No matter what era, I am still their ruler."

We walked along the street and I guided M before we stopped in front of a big screen of a shopping mall. M stopped and looked at the gigantic screen.

"What is wrong?" I went up to M and looked at where his gaze was. I realized that the screen at the shopping mall was featuring a classic horror movie - Interview with the Vampires.

"What is that?" M pointed at the screen.

"Movie. Didn't your people tell you about it?"

"No, what is movie?"

"Er..." I scratched my head," It is a kind of motion picture which entertained us and it had sounds."

M remained silent," I want to see the movie."

"Oh, are you sure?" I felt my eyes twitched when I saw M nodded his head vigorously. I looked at the time and dragged M to the cinema to purchase the tickets. When we stepped inside the theatre, the movie had started for a while and so it was dark.

"Wannie, why is it so dark? Your people like to see movie in this dark place?" Before I could reply, M was attracted to the screen," Wow, the image is so big!"

"M, we need to find our seats first." I tried to control my laughter upon seeing M's ridiculous behavior. I pulled M along while I was navigating in the dark. I never knew that M had such a cute side. I missed a step on the staircase and I expected to fall flat to the ground but I felt 2 arms holding my waist. M pulled me up and I was leaning against his chest.

"Er, you can let go of me now. I am okay." I felt my face turning red and luckily it was dark.

"Follow me. I can see in the dark." M turned and grabbed my waist and directed us. I followed him to our seats. After we sat down, M had no intention to let go of my waist.

"Geez, take your hand off me. We are seated in our seats already." I hissed but M's eyes were glued to the screen. "M, if you do not let go, I am going to bite you!" I raised my voice slightly and threatened M.

"Excuse me, can you lower your voice, please." The audience in front of us turned and spoke. I apologized quickly while M merely chuckled.  I sweared that I would not watch movie with M again!

Halfway through the movie, I heard strange noise and I looked in front of me. Oh my god, the couple in front was kissing passionately away. I cursed at the guy who was telling me off earlier for being loud and he was now kissing away madly! I looked at them furiously.

"Why are staring so hard? Wannie, are you hoping to be like them?" I felt M whispering into my ear.

"Shut up!" I smacked M's hand which was still on my waist.

"Now, I know why your people like to see movie in this dark place....."

"Stop being ert. Only a few did that! Just focus on the movie!" I turned to the screen and ignored M.

After a while I heard M whispering to me," How?"

"What how?" I looked at M.

"I had a sudden urge to kiss you madly and....." My face burnt up hearing those words. " Wannie, so that I know that you are really by my side and I am not dreaming." I did not say anything but scooped a bit further from M. However, I did not catch what the show was as I was not focusing on it....

After the movie ended, we walked out and M yawned," Boring. This is totally nonsense. Our kind is not like that and that 2 vampires are not handsome!" M shook his head.

"What! Do you know that the 2 actors (A/N : Tom Cruise and Brad Pit. The show was showed in the 90s in case you are too young or not born yet) are the most handsome in my time. Many females loved them so much!"

"You call this standard handsome?" M snorted. " A lot of people here like vampires?"

" No you idiot. They loved the actors who played the role of vampires!" 

"Actors? Playing the role of vampires. You mean that they are not real vampires?"

"No they are not!"

"But they are blood. How can they not be vampires?"

"I told you that they are acting as vampires and they are not really blood!"

"They are blood and so they must be vampires!"

"You stubborn head, I told you that they are acting! They are NOT vampires and NOT blood!" I was about to pull out my hair when M kept insisting that they are real vampires. I am going crazy or rather driven to madness by M!