Chapter 52 - Dark Love (Part 12)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I entered the third hall and a strong gale and heavy thunder storm greeted me. The heavy and cold rain fell on me and I soaked to my skin. I was shivering badly and cuddled myself. A sudden sense of chilliness made me sneezed a few times. The rain kept pouring on me and rolled down my face, making me unable to open my eyes. I hurried my steps in the terrible weather but I slipped and fell. When I stood up again, I was covered with mud.

My bracelet began to glow and a pale light enveloped me. A warm sensation filled me and I did not felt the heavy rain hitting on me. I started searching for the entrance to the Fourth Hall.

I passed by a hill and I heard noises. I wiped my face and tried to locate the source of the noise. I saw in a distant that there were many people or souls pushing a colossal rock up the hill but before the rock reached the hill top, the rock rolled down. They had to walked down and pushed the rock up again. The kept repeating the actions again after I watched them a few times. When the rain stopped, I realized that there were several similar hills and all the souls were doing the same things.

I recalled Hyesung telling me that those who committed greed would be trapped eternity in this Hall, moving the rock. I guessed all these souls committed greed when they were still alive.

I walked for a long time before I spotted a brown door at the foot of a hill. I was elated to enter into the Fourth Hall.

The Fourth Hall was a swamp area while the Fifth Hall was blazing flame. I was lucky to have my bracelet with me but I sustained injuries along the way.

I entered into the Sixth Hall which was the Blood pool. A magnificent scenary greeted me: a great water fall or blood fall gushing with torrent of red thick blood. This blood fall was formed from the tears and blood of the sinned souls. I shuddered to think just how many souls contributed to the formation of this large blood fall. When I got nearer, I saw a huge blood pool boiling away. Upon a closer look, I saw countless souls struggling in the blood pool and they were howling out in despair. Everywhere echoed with the howling, and shrieking which lasted for eternity. 

I felt my innards churning and it was funny that I recalled Madam Victoria. I bet she would also vomit or faint if she saw this scene. I dragged myself away and curbed the urge to pour my gastric out. I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe before I searched for the door to Seventh Hall. 

While I was making my way round the pool, I felt a tug on my right leg as if my leg caught onto something. I felt that I turned pale when I saw a pair of bloody hands grabbing my legs, trying to pull me into the blood pool. I tried to balanced myself and to grabbed onto something to prevent from being dragged down. 

An eerie laughter distracted me and the owner of the bloody hands emerged. The soul stared right into my eyes and I felt creepiness crawling all over me. Though her face had open wounds and was covered with blood, that pair of purple iris looked familiar to me. Oh my god, she was Madam Victoria! I felt my legs turned into jelly and I collapsed with my bum hitting the ground.

"Why... are you.... here?" I stammered.

Madam Victoria ' s expression was stoned but she let out another eerie laughter," Such smooth skin, come and attend to me with my bath...."

Madam  Victoria did not seem to recognize me. She was a hell of lunatic woman. Even she was here, she was still trying to repeat her evil deeds on earth. Well, this blood pool really suited her and she deserved to be here.

I had better escape from her clutch fast because I felt her grip getting tighter and stronger. I looked at Madam Victoria and smiled," My Lady, you are the prettiest woman in this world and no one is of you match with the delicate skin of yours. " I saw Madam Victoria ' s crooked smile. " But there is some dirt on your lovely face now."

Once, I ended my talk and I felt my leg was being released. I saw Madam Victoria clawing her face, desperately trying to wipe of the dirt on her face. Next, she started washing her face with the blood and her face looked even bloodier. 

I felt sick and I quickly back off till I was at a safe distant from Madam Victoria.

"Am I much pretty now?" Madam Victoria asked me after washing her face for sometime.

I gulped, not knowing what to reply to Madam Victoria. At that instant, I sort of pity her and I fought away the harsh words that I intended to say. "Yes, you are pretty now."

Madam Victoria let out a series of wild and creep laughters.

"Who dare to disturb me in my sleep?" I heard a lazy voice followed by a yawn. I turned around timidly to see who I had to face with.

I saw a man dressed in white long robe and he was leaning against a big rock. There was a stalk of red poppy at the front of his robe. His moist blue eyes were pitless like the blue ocean under the moonlight. His dark blue hair hung around his shoulders messily and enhanced his fair and handsome face. His looks could make anyone to fall in love with him, except me.

I had seen many gorgeous guys on earth plus such a angel like man appearing in this hell like place, made me uncomfortable.

"Why can't I find a peaceful place to sleep?" He shook his head slightly.

"Helloooo, this place is so noisy and how on earth can you sleep here. If you want to sleep peacefully, shouldn't you find a quiet place?" I snorted. I was appalled that he would come here to sleep!

"All the other places are too quiet and I can't sleep. So I intended to see if I can fall asleep in a slightly noisy place. But the result is still the same." He looked at me," By the way, why are you here? Are you a new soul who lost your way?"

"Er, yes. I better get going to find my way around.  Bye." I turned and wanted to get away from this guy. From his demeanour, I suspected that he was of a high status in the Underworld. 

"Hold on!" His voice expressed some doubt with my reply. He studied me from head to toe before he smirked," Kyuhyun alway send the souls to the place that was suitable for them. He could never have left you wandering about."

I frozen in my step and shivered while looking at him.

"Calm down, you need not be afraid. " He chuckled and his voice sounded lazy," It is rather rare to find such a cute guy like you here. Why don't I you to find your way?" He took out his poppy stalk and chanted before waving it in front if my face. There was a sweet scent and my eye lids fell heavy, wanting to doze off. Suddenly, I felt energy channeled to my body from my bracelet and it drove away my sleepiness.

I opened my eyes and stared at the man madly.

"Who are you? You are the first to remain awake under my spell, Leteuk, God of Sleep."

I was not fully awake and my head was buzzing slightly. I did not really think through what the Leteuk guy said but instinctively, I knew that I had to get away from him. I retreated a few steps till I was near the blood pool and I saw Madam Victoria sniggering while touching her face.

"Do you know why I remain awake?" I spoke coldly, trying to remain calm.

Leteuk nodded.

I moved my lips but made no sound.

"What? Your voice is too soft and I can't hear you." Leteuk spoke while walking towards me. I smirked and repeated my action.

"What? Can't you speak any louder?" Leteuk was now near me. Seizing the opportunity,  I pulled his long sleeves and caused him to lose his balance. With my flying high kick, Leteuk was plunging into the blood pool.

"My Lady, this man had been your secret admirer for a long time. You better catch hold of him and do not let him go." I shouted.

Madam Victoria was stunned for a while before she smiled. She shot out her arms and hugged Leteuk who had yet to recover from what had happened. 

"Let go of me!" Leteuk yelled but he was unable to do anything.

I made a funny face at Leteuk before I ran away. Not long after, I saw the door to the Seventh Hall.

Once I stepped into the Seventh Hall, I looked behind to see if Leteuk chased after me. Luckily, he did not. Oh yes, Leteuk was introducing himself earlier and tried hard to recall. Oh no, my body became stiff. Leteuk was the God of Sleep! 

Now, I remembering that the legendary God of Sleep wore long white robe and carried a stalk of poppy. Whoever was brushed by the poppy would sleep till the next day. God of Sleep was in charge of making us sleep. He would make us feel sleepy at night and awake us in the morning. Oh my god, I offended a 'big boss' here. Within today, I encountered 2 legendary gods of the Underworld.  I wondered how would Hades looked like?

Before I could think further,  I heard flogging sound and shrieks.  Seventh Hall semed to be engulf in mist and I saw many souls being flogged. I saw the whip came heavily on their bodies and the skin tin,  exposing the bones with blood flowing out. I was scared that they would bleed to death or pained to death. Wait, they were already dead in the first place. The next moment, I was surprised when their wounds healed and returned to normal before the whip came again. Their pain and torment lasted for eternity.

I was horrified to watch further and I guessed that all the souls had committed terrible sins when they were alive, to cause them to be sent here.