Chapter 9 - Undying Love ( Part 8)

The Pre-existence Seekers

Soon, General Jung Hyuk was about to be departed to the warzone and he came daily to see Lady Steve. They alway whispered sweet nothing to each others and their eyes were overflowing with love and it was very mushy. However, they were conservative towards each other for I did not see them hugging at all. Back home, probably the first day of dating, the couple would have engaged in french kiss and later the er hmn thing already.. (*///*).

Jokes asides, I did catch glimpse of Ji Hoon hiding in a corner watching the lovers. I could not really see his expression clearly but I saw that he clenched his fists real hard and he would walk away after sometime.

"Qin, while I am away, please take care of yourself. If anything, you can tell Ji Hoon as I will get him to visit you daily." General Jung Hyuk smiled to Lady Steve and held her hands.

"I will, Hyuk. Ji Hoon is like an elder brother to me as we all grew up together." Lady Steve blushed and looked down at their hands.

Oh my, General Jung Hyuk trusted Ji Hoon so much but did he know how he was betrayed later. I could not say anything to him at all and I sighed.

"What are the two of you talking about? Not about me, I suppose?" A mischevious voice sounded and I saw Ji Hoon walking towards them grinning.

"Ji Hoon, I told Qin to tell you anything or seek your help when I am away." General Jung Hyuk smiled to his brother.

"Oh, don't worry brother. I will come by everyday to look after my sister-in-law for you." Ji Hoon's smile was still on his face but I could see that he was trying to suppress his inner feeling. His mouth was smiling but not his eyes and definitely not his heart.

After General Jung Hyuk departed for a few days, Ji Hoon came once to visit Lady Steve but he was polite and well-mannered towards her. I do not understand why he would turn out such a way and caused tragedy of 3 lives for the couples?

Would Love really change a person, his character? I do not know for I have never fallen in love anyway. No one could give me proper advice, not even Eric Hyung or Hyesung. Eric Hyung changed his girlfriends faster than changing clothes and I did not bother to consult him on the boy-girl relationship matter. Hyesung was even more hopless for he did not seem to be interested in females. I had seen many females confessed to Hyesung but he turned them down coldly. I wonder if Hyesung was interested in guys....... oops, back to serious matter.

Thereafter, I had not seen Ji Hoon anymore as I heard that he was travelling out of the city. During one fine day, Lady Steve and her mother, Madam Ming wanted to go out for 'shopping' and brought me and a few other servants and maids along. This was a such entourage for a simple shopping trip? We shopped at the textile store, jewellery store, cosmetic store, accessories store, shoe stores, bedding stores, wedding items store and gift stores. I am feeling very tired with the walking, standing, waiting and carrying of the stuffs. Something never changed in the women's DNA and it was shopped till they dropped. They even have similar credit card services and home delivery services here for the merchants would send the bill to Ming Manor after they delivered the goods and stuff. Well, who doesn't know Ming Manor and no merchants would be scared that we defaulted the payment for we are their VIP customers.

Finally, we stopped at a posh resturant for our meal and I was fainting from starvation. Halfway through eating, Madam Ming realized that she left something in one of the shops earlier and sent me to retrieve it. I had no choice to stop my meal but cute Sun Ho promised to save some food for me later when I returned. What a good boy and I pinched his nose before I left. I was still not comfortable to have Lady Steve out of my sight in my mission but the situation was very calm. Thus, not wanting to take any risk, I took out my talisman and summoned a sparrow to look after Lady Steve when I am away. If there is any situation, the sparrow could alert me immediately.

I stretched out my hand to the little sparrow and it came obediently to me. "Go to Lady Steve's side and watch over her. To report to me at once if there is any matter. Understand?" I whispered to the little thing and it chirped loudly and flapped its wings as if it was acknowledging my question. "Good, now go." The little sparrow took off and disappeared among some trees. That should do it and I hurried to the last shop to retrieve Madam Ming's item.

Luckily, the last shop was the gift store and it was not too far from the restaurant and I ran towards it, hoping that I would return fast to resume my feast that Sun Ho would reserve for me. I ran at top speed to the store and I was panting hard. When I was about to step into the shop, my legs gave way and I landed on my bum. Think I need to exercise more and this mere run made my legs becoming jelly. When I was about to get up from the floor, I heard a chuckle and I turned to find out which idiot was laughing at me. "Ah it's you Minbongie?"

Minwoo looked down at me rather amused. He was dashing in his outfit and looked fresh. I had bumped into him thrice after I came to this Tang Dynasty. "So you are a servant from Ming Manor?"

"Yes, I am one. Do you have any issue with it?" I shrugged my shoulders while looking up at him.

"A servant." I saw a surprised look in his eyes but it faded quickly. " Do you like to sit on the floor?"

Suddenly, I recalled that I was still on my bum sprawling on the floor after that fall. Gosh, this was so embarrassing and especially, ifront of Minwoo. I quickly got up and I felt my face turning red while he just smirked at me. "You sneak out? Your baddie uncle bully you again?" I remembered what he told me some time back at the stream.

"I am afraid that his lawless days will be over." Minwoo said coldly. I shivered at his tone and the sudden change of his expression. He really looked like those rich man's son in the drama who became revengeful to get back to reclaim his rightful place. Minwoo definitely look like one now. So the script writers of such dramas wrote real stuff and not something fictitious....

" Ya I sneaked out but with great difficulties. Come, let's go somewhere out of the city with me."

I shook my head. " I can't as I came out with my Madam and Yound lady. I had to get back to them. I will accompany you another day."  I replied apologetically to him.

"What!" Minwoo looked angrily at me " You dare to reject me."

"Gee, I told you that I cant accompany you today."

"You..."

" Excuse me Sir, I had to get going. Good day." I am really pissed at his attitude. Really attitude of Rich Man's son like the drama, looking down at me and ordering me as if I am his servant.

"Wannie, I remember you for this." I heard him yelled behind me while I went into the store. 

" Whatever, Minbongie." I just waved my hand without turning back.

It was after about 15 minutes that I came out of the store with Madam Ming's thing. I looked around and could not see Minwoo anymore. I felt a sense of disappointment that he was gone. Before I could think further, I saw my sparrow flying to me frantically. Oh no, Lady Steve.