Chapter 13 - Undying Love ( Part 12)

The Pre-existence Seekers

"Ji Hoon, you disappointed me greatly. To think that I looked highly upon you but you did such a thing." Minwoo spoke coldly at us.

"Pardon me, Your Majesty." I quickly released Ji Hoon from the spell and he immediately knelt in front of us.

"Minbongie, no.. I mean... Your Majesty, pardon Ji Hoon." I turned and knelt down too. There is no right or wrong when it comes to the affairs of the heart. I am sure that Ji Hoon realized his mistake and he had his due punishment from my slappings. Luckily, no grave mistake was committed here, so....." I saw Minwoo looking at us but I could not comprehend his expression. Minwoo just turned and stepped out of the room without saying a word.

"I better get Lady Qin back."

"My carriage is outside. I lied to Madam Ming that my mother wanted to see Qin so there should not be any problem." I nodded and went to carry Lady Steve out. I saw Minwoo next to the carriage, handling the rein. After placing Lady Steve inside the carriage, I joined Minwoo in front and he drove the carriage off.

 It was silent and awkward along the journey and I decided to say something to break the ice. "Your Majesty, how do you intend to deal with Ji Hoon?"

"Now, you knew my real identity, will you be like others? Be caution and fear me? And never to talk to me as before?" Minwoo looked in front.

"I am really slow and stupid. To think that I did not realize that the Minbongie I knew was the Emperor of Tang dynasty." I chuckled," but I will still behave as before unless you promise....."

"Unless, I promise?" Minwoo turned and looked at me, rather confused.

"Unless you promise me that you will not beheaded me for being rude to you in the past and that I gave you your nickname as Minbongie." Minwoo let out a hearty laugh after hearing what I said and he ruffled my hair. "Stop it, Minbongie. Don't touch my precious hair."

"Minbongie?"

"Ya, to me, you are the unreasonable, heartless Minbongie that I knew from day 1." I disliked anyone to touch my precious hair.

"Ha ha, I like you Wannie." He laughed and piched my red cheeks playfully. I looked at Minwoo under the gentle moonlight. Minwoo had a faint smile on his face, this childish man was really the great Emperor of Tang dynasty? I felt a weird feeling towards Minwoo, that I befriended a great person.

"By the way, I saw you using spell and summon that sparrow..."

"Yes, I learnt some little skills and Taoist spells."  Minwoo saw everything just now as I was too focused on saving Lady Steve.

"Yes, I heard of Taoist spells but it is the first time that I witnessed it. And when are you leaving for your hometown?""

"Probably in another 2 weeks or so." I felt sadness when I replied.

"Do you want to come to my palace before you leave? I wanted to have a hearty drink with you." Minwoo looked at me with his crystal clear eyes. 

"Alright." I nodded my head," Because Minbongie is my first and best friend here."

"Right. I will send someone to fetch you in 7 days' time.

I smiled at Minwoo and peeped into carriage. Lady Steve was still sleeping soundly. I heaved a sign of relief as I had successfully completed my mission here. Steve and General Jung Hyuk would not be facing their tragedies anymore. I hope that they would live happily for their next 3 lives.

        *************************************************

A few days later, General Jung Hyuk returned back. The Mun family sent the betrothal gifts and Ming family reciprocal. Their wedding was scheduled in the following month which was an auspicious day but I did not think that I will be able to attend. Also I did not see Ji Hoon anymore after that day and I wondered how he was coping. After staying here for 2 months or so, I missed 'Twist of Fate',  home, Hyesung and Eric hyung.

True enough, on the 7th day, Minwoo sent someone to fetch me and it was Ji Hoon. I changed into formal attire that Ji Hoon handed to me and we set off in the carriage to the palace. We were silent throughout the journey and I break the awkward silence.

"I hope that His Highess did not punish you severely?"

Ji Hoon shook his head. " His Highness did not pursue the matter any further and I must thank you for it." Ji Hoon smiled at me. I saw him biting his lips and looked away from me. I guessed that he probably wanted to ask about my relationship with Minwoo but he dared not do so. "We have arrived." Ji Hoon spoke after some time.

I stepped off the carriage and I was stunned by the grandeur of the palace and the magnificent sights that greeted me.I finally got to see the past grandness of Tang dynasty. I could not describe my feeling now and no words could describe the scene that stood before me. I followed Ji Hoon into the palace and I behaved like a curious child at everything that I came across. I believed we turned left and right several time before we reached a chambers, it was plain compared to the rest of the other buildings but it was still awesome.

"You just wait inside. I am going to see His Highness." I bowed slightly to Ji Hoon and he nodded, before leaving. I looked around the room and wandered around to explore the painting, the antiques and the interior design. I was fascinated, touching, looking and peering at the items.

"Wannie, you arrived." Minwoo's voice was heard.

"Yes, Minbongie...." I stammered and stopped when I saw Minwoo entering. He looked handsome and domineering and royal in his robe. I guess it was the Emperor's robe for it was red and embroidered with dragons. Minwoo looked very different when I saw him in the city.

I saw a grin in his childlike innocent eyes. " Wannie, you looked dashing in this attire."

"Of course. Minbongie, I looked good in anything." Suddenly, I covered my mouth. " I am sorry, Your Majesty." I wanted to kneel before Minwoo but he grabbed my hands and chuckled.

"Wannie, it is okay. Dispense with the ceremony and I prefer you not to call me, Your Majesty." For a moment, I was mesmerized by his husky voice and gentle expression. I blushed when I realized that Minwoo was still holding my hands in his.

" Your Majesty. May the feast be served." I quickly pulled out my hands when I heard a palace maid speaking as she bowed down. I think I saw a slight disappointed look in Minwoo's eyes when I withdrew my hands.

"Yes. I ordered that no one is to come in without my permission." Minwoo flicked his hand and tbe maid bowed, acknowledged before leaving. I was delighted to hear that a feast was to be served soon and I took a seat at the table while Minwoo sat beside me.

" Do you like my palace?"

"It is so grand. I bet you must be so happy to live in such a big place?" I squealed like a child, excitedly.

" It is boring to stay in such a big place, alone."

"Minbongie, do you know that you are so lucky to be living in this luxurious place. If It was me, I think I would laugh in my sleep."

"Wannie, if you are willing, you can enjoy all this with me." I felt a warm palm covering my hand and our eyes met. I felt blood rushed to my face as I felt hot. "Minbongie, I er...." At this moment, the feast was served.

Minwoo withdrew his hand and poured some wine for me into a small wine cup. I drank it and it was too alcoholic for me and I coughed. I could not hold my liquor well like Eric hyung. Judging by this wine, I believed that I would be drunk with 2 cups. "Minbongie,  can I don't drink this wine? It would not be nice if I am drunk here." I gave my puppy eye plead at Minwoo.

"No. You have to drink it." Minwoo poured some more wine for himself. " It is alright if you are drunk as this is my place. Trust me and don't look at me with that expression. Aishi..." Minwoo drank his third cup of wine. I could not help but admire Minwoo for he can really drink without getting his face flushing red like me. I had no choice but to drink my second cup and I felt tipsy already.

"Minbongie, how many wives do you have in your palace?"

Minwoo looked shocked and he held my red hot face. " You are drunk Wannie? I had about 10 to 20 lovers."

"Oh." To me, it was considered a small number as I read that tbe Chinese Emperors had hundreds or thousands of wives or concubines

"Oh? What you mean by that reply? " A smirk flashed across his face and he came close to my ear." Wannie, would you like to be one of my lovers?" I could felt his warm breathe on my ear.

"I would not want to share my love with others." I quickly looked away for I am embarassed with my words. I took my third drink and my head felt like it was going to explode.

"Wannie, I loved you for your frankness. I still remembered the slaps you gave to Ji Hoon and it let me see the fearless sight of you. However, I prefer to the gentle you now." Minwoo cupped my chin and made me look into his eyes. I felt lost in those alluring gaze and I decided to stand up to return to Ming manor.

"Minbongie, it is late and I have to return back. I believed that it was fate that brought us together and become friends. Goodbye and take care for we will not see each other again."

"Wannie, we will never meet again? If only you are a female.." Minwoo whispered sadly.

" We can be soulmates, regardless of gender and race and religion. I should get going." When I stood up, my vision went blur and my gaits was unstable. The wine was indeed strong. Luckily, Minwoo caught me before I fell. I am in his embrace as his hand was around my waist.

" Could you not leave. Stay by my side as soulmate which you mentioned earlier." Minwoo looked at me tenderly.

"Minbongie, I do not belong here at all and I must leave. I hope you can remember me fondly in future. That would be enough for me." I gave him a hug.

"Wannie, I had to let you go though I can't bear it. If we remained like this, I will change my mind, you know." 

"Minbongie, I will remember you. Goodbye." I turned away from him, not wanting him to see my tears.

"I will get someone to you back. Go."

It was Ji Hoon who escorted me back. " You did not stay?"

" His Highness will not want me cos I am strange, knew taoist spells and most importantly, I am a man! I am not his destinated one."

" Beside those points you mentioned, anyone will fall for you. Aishi, I think I should try to find my destinated someone too." Ji Hoon smiled at me.

I alighted in front of Ming manor and rejected Ji Hoon's offer to send me in. I waited till Ji Hoon's carriage left my sight. "Hyesung" I concentrated at my bracelet.

"Dongwan, Has the mission been  settled?"

"Yes, teacher. I am returning."

"Okay."

I felt bright lights engulfing me and the terrible feeling returned. The next thing when I opened my eyes was that I am at 'Twist of Fate'. Next, I saw the purple and pale blue iris of Hyesung. "Welcome back, Dongwan."

" Teacher, I missed you so much." I ran and hugged Hyesung. He crossed his arms to block my hug," Dongwan, you are gone for 2 days only. Don't get so emotional here."

" My dear Erowan." I was being hugged by Eric hyung.

"Hyung, I can't breathe." I managed to say out in Eric hyung's super tight hug.

"Dongwan, I told you not to get emotionally involved with anyone while you are on the mission. You have  disobeyed me." Hyesung's cold voice shot at my back and I gasped.

" Teacher, I only made friend with Minbongie. No big deal." I pouted. I bowed my head down after seeing Hyesung sharp piercing look at me. I felt that his look could pierce through my body, it was scary.

" Teacher, give Erowan a break as he just returned. It was his first mission and I was like that when I started my mission too. Let go for celebration for Erowan's successful first mission. My treat." Eric hyung ruffled my hair.

" You two go ahead. I had business to attend to. Enjoy yourselves." Hyesung's tone turned softer.

" Okay. We will buy your favourite strawberry ice cream home later." I spied a faint smile at Hyesung face, a very very faint smile. Eric hyung pulled me out of the room.

"Eric hyung, did you see the smile on Teacher? He was so happy, like a kid, when you promise to buy his favourite strawberry ice cream. I can't believe that he was older than us despite his youthful looks. I suspected that he is not a human being for a long time." I whispered to Eric hyung.

"Ya same sentiment here, Erowan."

"Stop calling me Erowan, it is so disgusting!" I frowned.

"Aishi kid, you are my brother. My name started with letter 'E' and so your name should start with 'E' too. Besides, I knew you have been secretly watching those rated movies at night...." Eric hyung hissed and hung his arm over my shoulder, sniggered at me.

"I did not. Let's go now as I am hungry." I changed the topic when Eric hyung sort of found out my little secret. (~.~ll).

" Wait Erowan, are you sure you are going out like this?" I looked down and saw that I am still in the formal wear from Minwoo. I quickly went to my room to change. I wondered how is Minbongie doing.......