Chapter 57 - Dark Love ( Part 17)

The Pre-existence Seekers

The guests that Siwon invited for the banquet were from the Heavenly realm. According to Yesung, since ancient time, the Underworld and the Heavenly realm had been in constant cordial relationship.

On the day of the banquet, the whole Underworld was brightly lit with candles, laterns etc. Siwon's palace was no exception and it made his cold, dark palace to be sunny and warm. I followed Yesung into Siwon's palace and stayed by his side.

Siwon was sitting elegantly in his throne. On his left was Heechul, followed by Leteuk while Yesung was on Siwon's right. I was standing slightly behind Yesung. Heechul waved at me while Leteuk smiled at me. Siwon gave me a cold look but he did not say anything.

"Kangin, welcome to my humble place." Siwon raised his cup of wine. His greyish iris were more enchanting than usual and anyone would readily fell in love with those eyes. Beside, Siwon graceful movement when he toasted to his guest and this gesture made others tipsy even before they tasted the wine.

"Siwon, it is an honour to be invited to this banquet." The 'Kangin' guy replied. His voice sounded young and I stared at him closely. 

Kangin seemed to around the same age as Siwon and I think he would be in his 30s (human age)? His looks, thin lips, sharp nose and fiery red hair made him a handsome man. However, having F4 in the Underworld here, Kangin lose to them slightly. Probably, I was staring at Kangin for too long till he turned and caught my gaze. At an instant, Kangin's expression changed and a few drops of wine splashed out of his cup.

The other guests were whispering while Siwon looked at my direction.

"My apology for the inappropriate action earlier. I guess my hand slipped a bit." Kangin quickly spoke up and his expression was back to normal.

"No harm done Kangin. Enjoy the feast." Siwon raised his cup at Kangin and also gestured to the rest of the guests.

I did not know what happened next as I noticed that Kangin stolen a few glances at me from time to time. His wine spilled out after he saw me. Had Kangin seen me before? I did not think so because he was from the Heavenly realm. Maybe he mistaken me for someone else.

"Dongwan, pour another cup of wine for Kangin." Siwon's emotionless voice pulled me back from my spacing out. I looked at Yesung and he smiled at me. I took the crystal bottle and made my way to Kangin. I bowed and poured some wine into his cup. While I was standing up, I heard a whisper," Don't you recognize me?" I looked confused at Kangin and he seemed relieved. How would I know Kangin. I strongly suspected that he drank too much wine.

"The last time that we had a great drink like this was centuries ago?" Kangin smiled," I remembered the melodious voice of Queen...." Kangin stopped. I glanced at Siwon and his face darken. He did not say anything but gulped down his cup of wine. Yesung and Leteuk exchanged looks and seemed nervous. Though everything seemed jovial but I could sense some awkwardness.

"Kangin, excuse me." Siwon smiled and he turned around," Heechul, Leteuk and Yesung, please handle the rest of the banquet and Kangin." Siwon stood up and he stumbled a bit, probably being tipsy. I shot towards Siwon without thinking and supported him. Siwon seemed surprised and Yesung called out to an attendant to Siwon.

"It fine Yesung. I will Hades inside." I looked at those greyish iris. I could not afford to lose this great opportunity to explore the inner part of the palace.

Siwon spaced out for a while before he waved his hand," Go in." I held into Siwon and went inside. I peeped at Yesung and he looked very shocked and uneasy.

We passed through a long dark walkway before we reached Siwon's chambers. The interior of the chamber was very simple: the high ceiling, a large black velvet canopy bed in the centre and the emptiness made the chamber looked eerie. I was disappointed. It was clear that there was no orange Manjusa here. But Hyesung said that it was in Siwon's palace.

"How long did you intend to stand there?" Siwon's voice sounded. I realized that I was holding into Siwon and standing in the middle of the chamber for god know, how long.

"Oh, my apologies. I quickly helped Siwon to his bed. " Lord Hades, I shall not disturb your rest." I decided to escape since Manjusa was not here. I did not wish to be alone with Siwon here. Just when I was turning round, I heard that eerie voice behind," Did I allow you to leave!"

My body turned stiff and I turned around like a robot and gave a ugly smile," Lord Hades, may I be allowed to leave?"

"You seemed eager to come in but now you wanted to get out?" There was tipsyness in his eyes but he still looked daunting.

"Er, you were unwell earlier and so instinctly, I reacted so. But you are fine now and so I shall not disturb your rest." I spoke nervously.

"Go!" Siwon waved his hand.

"Thank you Lord Hades." I felt relieved after hearing him. I walked out of the dark walkway and recalled Siwon's last word before I left his chamber " Kyuhyun will find out your identity very soon." I knew that my time was running short now. I was reluctant to be defeated like this. I had not be able to explore this place if I just walked out. I decided to sneak back in. I slipped off my shoes and crept back again.

I saw a faint light from Siwon's chamber. I scratched my head and wondered if I had forgotten to close the door completely after hearing Siwon's threat on finding my identity. I squared in front if the small opening of the door and peeped inside.

Siwon was sitting on the edge of the bed and his long purple hair covered half of his face, whereby I could not see his expression. I squatted for sometime, observing Siwon till my legs felt numb. Suddenly, Siwon moved and I almost squealed out. Siwon removed his left ear stud and blew at it. 

The creepy scene greeted me. Something appeared out from the ear stud like a seed. Slowly it sprouted, stem, bud and finally it bloom. I almost shouted," It is it! The thing that I am looking for!

"Kibum..." Siwon whispered.

Who is Kibum? An unknown breeze blew and Siwon's hair swayed with the breeze. Siwon looked so sad especially his gaze on the orange Manjusa. I could not tell his expression: Hatred? Longing? Love?

I felt my head aching. This was seriously the most difficult and perhaps deadliest task. What I was looking for was with Siwon. If only I could get that ear stud.... My heart turned cold just by thinking of it. When I was thinking hard, a hand covered my mouth and I was dragged up. I tried to struggled from my assailant.

"Don't move and closed your eyes!" It was Yesung and I complied. He supported me through the walkway to the hall. " Leteuk, this idiot was found sleeping along the walkway. I guessed he was either drunk or fainted due to hunger Hee Hee...." Yesung was giggling away," I will just bring him back to my palace. Please enjoy the banquet, Lord Kangin."

When we reached Yesung's palace, I was thrown on the ground before I could say anything. " Yah! You are a god and how could you treat me like this!" I rubbed at my bum and grumbled. I saw a water mug on the low table nearby and I grabbed it because I was thirsty.

"You really are tired of living! How dare you spy on Lord Hades!" The usual kind and cute Yesung was replaced by a cold and angry person. To tell the truth, I was frightened by him.

"No. I was..." I explained.

"No? Lucky it was me who saw you and not anyone else! If so, the consequence will be very serious!"

"Yesung, I...."

"I find you sneaky when you volunteered to Lord Hades." Yesung bent down and looked at me," Don't tell me..." Yesung gulped," You are in love with Lord Hades?"

Ppffff. I spat out the water that I was drinking and they landed on Yesung's face.

Yesung was shocked at my reaction and I was shocked at his words. I burst out laughing after seeing Yesung's face. Yesung relaxed and became childlike again. I meant childish.

"Why are you doing that?" Yesung was wiping his face with his sleeves while feeling disgusting with me spitting the water at him.

"I...." I hesitated. Should I tell Yesung? I was running short of time and I really needed help to get Siwon's ear stud urgently. I looked at Yesung. He could easily gain access to Siwon's palace and this would be a great help for me. But Yesung lied to me before. However, he kept my identity a secret till now and he just saved me earlier on.

"Yesung, you are the only one that I trusted here. Actually, I am not here to find someone but something."

"Something?" Yesung looked at me.

"Yes, it was an important thing to save someone whom I valued a lot."

"Soneone you valued? Your Lover?"

"Ya, not that... My elder brother." I smacked Yesung's head lightly.

Yesung pouted cutely," Have you find it?"

I nodded and then I shook my head.

"What do you mean? Yes or no?"

"Yes I found it but it is simply impossible to get."

"Why?"

"Because it is with Hades."

Yesung turned serious," What is it?"

"Do you still remember I ask about orange Manjusa? That is the thing that I am looking for. It was hidden in Hades's ear stud."

"What! It can't be! Lord Hades hated Manjusa! Why will he keep it with him?"

"I saw it with my own eyes and I heard him saying a name Kibum." I saw Yesung turned very pale.

"WHAT! Kibum! No way!" Yesung exclaimed loudly.

"Why are you screaming?" I rubbed my poor ears.

"Kibum is the name of the Queen and Majusa is the Queen's favourite flower." Yesung stopped and he spaced out. " A long time ago, Hades and his Queen were a loving couple but something happened and they had a big fight. The Queen left the Underworld and went to the mortal realm. At there, the Queen fell in love with a mortal. Hades was furious when he learnt if it and sent guards after the Queen and the mortal."

"What happened thereafter?" I was curious.

"It was strange as I never saw them again. Not in the Underworld."

"Yesung, do you know what happen between Hades and his Queen?"

Yesung think for a while and he rubbed his temple," I don't know. I can't remember. I feel that .... As if this piece of memory was erased from me." Yesung looked at me," But I strongly felt that something serious happened but I just can't remember. Just like I find you familiar."

I smiled," Yesung, I felt the same way too. I felt this place was familiar to me. Maybe I died numerous times and passed by here. Haha."  I laughed," Yesung, we are friends right? The next time I come here, can you help me to find a rich family for me to be reborn?"

" No because I am selfish!"

"Huh?"

"I want to keep you here to accompany me."

"Really? Even if I am an old man?" I laughed but Yesung remained quiet.

"You needed me to help you to get the thing?" Yesung flashed his trademark smile again," I will help you on a condition!"

"What?" I was elated when Yesung agreed to help me but he blackmailed me again.

"Create a dream specially for me."

"Huh?" I think my jaws dropped. "Hey you are the God of Dream! It is your job and not mine. Plus I do not know how to create dream!"

"I never know the feeling of dreaming." Yesung bit his lower lip." I am in charge of dreams for the 3 realms but I can't create a dream for myself."

"Er, you can get help from Leteuk or Heechul or Kyuhyun."

" We known one another for centuries and their dream will be boring."

"But..."

"Please...." Yesung pulled me to his working room. He snapped his finger and a large purple crystal appeared. " This is the dream stone and you can create dreams by writing on it. At the end, you just write the person's name that you wanted this dream to be given to."

"Wow? This easy? I don't think I see you using this the last time you create dream?"

"This is a precious thing and I only use it to create dream for Leteuk, Heechul and Kyuhyun only." Yesung beamed.

"Where is the pen?"

"No pen. You just need to use your finger to write."

"Huh?" I was doubtful but I tried. Some words appeared miraculously. I was thrilled.  "Yesung, you should not be here because it will not be a surprise if you saw what I wrote."

"Oh yes." Yesung chuckled," Okay, I am going to sleep now." Yesung spoke like a kid and lie down in the corner of the room. I decided to grant him a kiddy dream. I gave Yesung a dream of Lotte world amusement park with merry go round, roller coaster, horror house, Ferris wheels, cotton candies, skating rink, games stalls and great prizes. I chuckled when I saw Yesung smiling in his sleep.

Maybe I could a create a dream to Eunhyuk and Donghae since I had not visit them for a long while. Underneath the bright spring skies, Donghae played his harp while Eunhyuk danced to the marvelous melody. Thereafter, they held their hands and enjoyed the beautiful cherry blossom.

I also gave a dream to M: Having a nice picnic with me and a bunch of adorable children in the bright sunny afternoon in the park. M's smile was as brilliant as the sun and warmer than the summer day. All of us fell asleep under the shade of the great oak tree after a big feast.

 

A/N: Churn out another chapter before I go for a long vacation :)