Chapter 58 - Dark Love (Part 18)

The Pre-existence Seekers

When I woke up, I saw Yesung's excited face.

"I had a very interesting dream last night." Yesung kept blabbing off at me," This is how dreaming feels like! I want to have dream every night!"

"Huh?" I glared at Yesung," You better think of a way to help me."

"Okay." Yesung pouted.

Yesung blabbed the whole morning and I sort understood his plan. Siwon would never took off his ear studs except during his visit to the mortal realm and the Heavenly world which would take place a few days later. Before Siwon took off, he would have to have a cleanse ritual, whereby Siwon would immerse himself in the special water of the Underworld so that he would withstand the journey to the 2 realms. In this cleansing ritual, Siwon had to remove everything on himself, including his ear studs. Yesung's plan was that he would sneak me into the cleansing ritual and I would switch the ear studs.

"Dongwan, what will you do with Hades's ear stud?"

"Er...." I did not know how to answer Yesung. My plan was to call for Hyesung once I got the ear stud but I did not think it was wise to divulge this to Yesung.

"I will help you all the way. I will wait for you outside the palace. Once you got the ear stud, I will send you to the Bliss land and you can return to the mortal realm."

"Wouldn't Hades discover?" I felt so guilty because of withholding my plan and seeing Yesung helping me so much. Yesung was Siwon's man and now I am asking him to steal the ear stud, what if Siwon discovered all this....

"Don't worry." Yesung winked and smiled," Hades would not discover because the replacement ear stud was created from my dream illusion. Even the orange Manjusa can be created to appear from the replacement ear stud."

"Yesung..." I felt so touched. Yesung was indeed a kind hearted kid.

3 days later, the cleansing ritual started. I sneaked into Siwon's palace with Yesung's assistance. I entered into Siwon's chamber with my lightning speed and just after I entered, I heard footsteps and I quickly hid under the large bed.

"Lord Hades's accessories are so exquisite." I heard a female voice.

"You better be careful. Lord Hades instructed that we can't touch his items!" Another female voice sounded.

Thereafter, I heard footsteps near to the bed and they seemed to place something on the bed before they talked a bit more and left. After the chamber was silent for a while, I crawled out from the bed and scrambled to see what was placed on it. I saw a box and upon opening it, I saw a purple crystal necklace and a pair of purple ear studs. I was elated and I took out the pair of ear studs given to me by Yesung. 

Luckily, Yesung gave me a pair of ear studs and not only one, else I would not know one was the left ear stud. I could call for Hyesung soon and to be able to save Eric hyung. Just thinking of this, I quickly stretched my hand to take Siwon's ear studs. My fingers just touched one of the ear studs, a faint orange glow appeared and it moved. I blinked my eyes again and the ear stud just hopped out of the box and towards the door.

I gasped and chased after the hopping ear stud. I managed to captured it just at the doorway and I was relieved. Suddenly, I became stiff and my heart stopped. I could not think of anything as my blood just shot to my brain....... In my view was a pair of dark winged boots and I recalled Yesung telling that the boots were gift to Siwon from the Goddess of Night. So....

I panicked and the ear stud in my palm hopped out. The next moment, a faint falling sound was heard. I dropped the replacement ear studs on the floor. A hand shot pass me and picked up the 3 ear studs. I saw Siwon's eyes and I was stupefied to the ground.

"Stealing my ear stud!" Siwon sounded calm but my heart was beating madly. Siwon took one of the ear studs and blew on it, an orange Manjusa appeared. Siwon's face darken and he crushed the flower," Do you think that this trick can deceive me!"

I was scared to death! Yesung's creation of the orange Manjusa was very real and how could Siwon notice it? Yesung even assured me that Siwon would not know the difference.

"My Manjusa can't be replicated!" Siwon replied as if he could read my mind. " Only I can touch the ear stud."

I was terrified, no wonder that the ear stud hopped.

"Answer me! Why did you try to steal my ear stud?" Siwon raises his voice.

"Because..." I took a deep breathe of cold air," I needed the orange Manjusa."

I could feel Siwon's eyes piercing through me. "How do you know about the Manjusa?"

I slowly raised my body and met Siwon's frightening gaze. I remembered what Yesung told me and I blurted out," Does it have any connection to Kibum?"

Siwon's face changed," You knew about Kibum!" Anger was seen in his eyes." It must be Yesung! How dare he mention this to you!"

Oh no, I landed Yesung in trouble now. Siwon remained silent and he blew at a ear stud; the orange Manjusa appeared. "Kibum is inside, all this while."

What! I could not close my mouth after hearing Siwon. Why did he just say? Kibum was inside the orange Manjusa?

Siwon looked intensively at the flower," Kibum cheated on me. Since he loved that mortal, I separated them in the flower and leaf!

The flower and leaf! I gasped again.

"Manjusa bloomed after a century and wilted after 100 days. The flower bloom when the leaves shed while the flower wilted when the leaves sprouted. The flower and leaves could never co exist!

I felt cold sweat on my spine. From my deduction, Kibum and the mortal lover had been imprisoned in the flower and leaf for thousands of years? And they could never see each other at all," This is too cruel..." My voice cracked.

"This is what they deserved!" Siwon blew again and the flower turned back to a ear stud.

"You are punishing yourself too in all this while. You lived in hatred and longing for Kibum. I think the punishment tortured you more than..."

"Silent!" Siwon yelled at me and threw the replacement ear studs away. " Can't you shut up? I do not know why I am saying all this to you!"

When I reached outside of Hades's palace, I saw the familiar figures. Heechul, Leteuk and Yesung. They were shocked to see me coming out of the palace. I looked at Yesung and I shook my head. Instantly, Yesung's face turned pale.

"Lord Hades?" Leteuk called out.

"He tried to steal from me. What do you think I should deal with him?" All of them were shocked and Yesung looked even paler.

"Lord Hades," Yesung spoke," There could be some misunderstanding."

"Misunderstanding? Did I hear you correctly, Yesung?" Siwon raised his voice," Dream illusion indeed!"

Yesung trembled after hearing Siwon's last word while Leteuk and Heechul looked confused. Apparently, Leteuk and Heechul did not understand what was happening.

"My Lord, Highest Judge Kyuhyun is here to see you." A guard came forth and informed us.

My heart sank to the bottom pit. I am a goner! Why did all things happened to me at the same time. I looked at Yesung and he did not move. From far, I saw Kyuhyun approaching us.

"Lord Hades. This chap is weird. I could not find out what happened to him after he was 5 years old. And.." Kyuhyun paused for a while and stared at me," He is a living human being and not a dead soul! He fake his death and entered the Underworld."

I felt my brain went dead on me and I am in deep trouble....

"So, there is such a formidable figure in the mortal realm. To think that he can pull such a trick to deceive Kyuhyun and even myself!" Siwon came close to me and the next thing, my bracelet was in his hand.

Oh no! I am now in very deep ! Without the bracelet, I could not call for a Hyesung and return back! I wanted to snatch back my bracelet but Siwon had moved back.

"I should have notice that this bracelet is odd. I will find out who is this person who is so powerful to help you!" Siwon eyed me," You shall not leave the Underworld but to be banished to the Forest Valley!"

"Lord Hades, he should be sent back to the mortal realm since he is a living human." Yesung cut in.

"Yesung, be quiet!" Leteuk hissed at him.

"Yesung, you dare to speak up for him! You had commit a grave mistake and I had to punish you as well! I will sealed away your power except for your dreams creation. And I forbid you to enter into my palace for 200 years."

My knee went weak and my vision darkened....

When I regained my consciousness, it was pitch dark in front of me. It took me sometime to get accustomed to the surroundings that I realized that I was at the Forest Valley once more. I tried to move but I realized that I could not feel my limbs. Had I turn into a tree?

"Dongwan, don't worry. You have not turned into a tree." Yesung's voice came from my side. " I will try to find a way to save you!"

"How?" I was feeling sad.

Yesung bowed his head as he could not answer me. I heard the flapping of the wings and I remembered the gigantic birds.

"Oh no, Yesung..." I panicked.

"Don't worry. Though Hades seal away my power but I can still create shield to protect you." Yesung stepped in front, about to cast the shield when I saw the birds attacking other trees.

Both of us were puzzled," I guess Hades does not have the heart to hurt you." Yesung smiled. " I am sorry that I can't protect you."

I felt guilty for landing Yesung into trouble. "Wait. Hades forbid you to enter his palace but he did not forbid you to enter his dream!"

"Oh great! I can pleaded with Hades in the dream to release you." Yesung seemed excited.

"No, let me do it. This is my problem and I should resolve it myself. Yesung, send me to Hades's dream." I begged Yesung.

Yesung nodded after some time.

                               **************************

In the clear blue skies, scattered a few fluffy clouds. I was feeling confused at the sight in front of me. I was at the Forest Valley but this place looked different. I blinked and recalled that I begged Yesung to help me to gain access to Siwon's dream. Could this be Siwon's dream?

I continued walking and explored the place. I came to a large lake and I saw someone sitting by the bank. The purple hair and large grey eyes-- Siwon. It became weird for me to see a calm and peaceful Siwon here.

Siwon seemed to know of my presence and he looked up at me. He was surprised to see me," How did you get into my dream?" Before I could answer Siwon, he shook his head," It must be Yesung. Since you are here, take a seat." Siwon's tone was the same but he was less intidimating.

"Siwon, you may think I am rude but I really need the orange Manjusa. It is the only thing to save my hyung."

"Do you know the meaning of Manjusa?" Siwon did not wait for my reply," It means painful memories."

We remained silent for quite a while. "When I first met Kibum, it was near a lake like this. I was with Leteuk in the mortal realm. Kibum appeared from the lake." Siwon closed his eyes as if he was recollecting the past," He was the most beautiful creature that I encounter. In an instant out of the lake, Kibum took a human form."

I was taken aback, Kibum was a merman? It was the first time I heard of merman or mermaid.

"I was attracted to Kibum and I just abducted him away to Underworld." Siwon had the gentle smile on his face," Initially, Kibum ignored him but as the days went by, he fell in love with me."

Oh my god, Siwon became a kidnapper!

"After our marriage, Kibum made changes to the Underworld." There was a rare glow on Siwon," Kibum planted the flowers in Underworld and his favourite is Manjusa. Everyday, I will see his smile as he worked in the plains. If I did not stop him, the Underworld would turn into a gigantic flower fields. Everything was so wonderful but..." I heard disappointment in his voice," We could not have offspring."

"What happen?" I was very curious about their matter.

"It is because of the Heavenly realm..." Siwon suddenly held his head after speaking a few words," I do not understand why I felt my skull cracking whenever I tried to think of this. I just could not remember anything."

"Why did Kibum left me and fell in love with a mortal?" Siwon muttered and he looked lost and hurt. I could not differentiate if that was sadness or hatred.

I studied Siwon's expression. Though Siwon abducted Kibum here, I had no doubt that there was love between them. Else Kibum would not have plant flowers here.

"Huh, what make you think that Kibum fell in love with someone else?"

"I instructed Leteuk to bring Kibum back and he fought against Leteuk. Kibum said that he had never love him at all and he rather perish with that mortal!" Siwon became aggitated.

"Kibum said all those personally to you?"

"Yes!" Siwon raised his voice and his face darkened," So Kibum deserved his punishment for eternity.

The anger in Siwon's eyes diminished slowly and he became calm.

"Why did I tell all this to you?" Siwon looked at me," I did not know why but the first time I saw you, I felt I had known you for a long time."

I was surprised. I seemed to have heard of this words. I also felt familiar towards Siwon especially when he curled his finger. When I was about to ask something, I felt giddy and weightless and I lost my consciousness.