Chapter 69 - Forbidden Love (Part 10)

The Pre-existence Seekers

There was a few days till Sakan's birthday and all the beautiful candidates from the various clans had arrived.

In order to clinch the title of being the future Queen, each clan really selected the most beautiful girl and it was an eye opener for me. Imagine a beauty pageant in Heaven.

"Look, the one with red hair and honey brown eyes is from the Flame clan. She is related to Queen Yana. Oh that one with golden hair and blue eyes is from the Moon clan. I heard she had the best voice. And that blue hair and black eyes is from the mirage clan and she is believed to be a distant cousin to Sakan. And that girl with similar silver hair and silver eyes is no doubt from my clan...."

"Wow Aska, I am soooo impressed that you know them all." I whispered.

Aska was stunned and soon his silver iris gleamed," Delia, are you being jealous?"

"Oh please... I am not!" I snorted.

"Don't worry Delia, to me; you are the most beautiful girl. If we get marry, it will be the union of the Light and the Dark, Good and Evil."

"Ya, who are you calling Dark and Evil?" I joked and smacked Aska.

"Hahaha."

"If we really got together, you have to live in eternal darkness because I will never leave the Underworld." I smirked at Aska. I sort of gotten used to his ad hoc confessions. Since Aska liked to tease me and I am giving him a taste of his own medicine!

"Sure! No problem." Aska answered swiftly.

"Huh?" I raised my eye brows.

"A suitable place is where the special someone is." Aska fixed his gaze on me and became serious," I meant it."

I think my smile frozen on my face while Aska was elated. He grabbed my hands," Delia, you are my sunshine. Once you turned 500 years old, I will follow you back to the Underworld."

"Keke. Cough cough." I faked my coughs and I felt headache appearing.

"Aska, there you are. My mother wishes to speak to you." Sungmin came over to us. Recently, Queen Yana had been summoning Aska frequently but it was not surprise, considering the fact that the Flame clan and the Light clan were close.

Aska's expression dull before he smiled at me. He grabbed my hand to his lips and planted a kiss," So it is settle, my dear"

My dear, I recalled the favourite line that M loved to tease me with. I was frozen like a statue even though Aska left a long time ago.

"He has been gone a long time ago." A familiar voice sounded and I jumped, turned around. I saw Sakan standing nearby with a blank look.

"Can you stop being so creepy." I was unhappy.

"You like him?" 

"So what I like him and so what I don't like him!"

"It's good if you don't like him. If you like him, it's better that you forget him."

"Who I like is none of your concern. Prince Sakan, I think you better to place concern over choosing which beauty to be your wife. I just saw them and they are all ravishing beauties." I quickly averted the topic. 

It seemed that after the time which I bumped into him and someone, I had not seen Sakan bringing anyone to his palace. I wondered if Sakan to prefer doing those thing out in the nature, wild and ..... Yah what am I thinking of such thing!

"You seemed anxious about me getting married?" Sakan spoke plainly.

"So that you have someone for company, isn't that nice?"

His mouth curved up," As you wish."

                                                                            ************************************************************************************

It was a grand celebration for Sakan's birthday. I also saw Siwon and Kibum for the first time after that incident. I was relieved that they looked loving towards each other. By protocol, I was to sit with them.

"Delia, how have you been?" Siwon enquired.

I smiled and nodded," I am fine and I like here."

"Delia, don't worry. We will fetch you back after your birthday." Siwon patted my head gently.

"Father, I...."

"Delia, don't worry. Siwon and I are your parents, no matter what happens." Kibum gave me a hug.

I hesitated to say that I better not go back with them. I did not say it out. I looked around and saw Aska looking lost at his cup. It was rare for Aska to be so deep in thoughts.

"Your Majestic, the ladies from the clans are waiting outside." An attendant spoke to the King. Everyone's interest was focused on the news cause it was the highlight of the event.

"My King, it's time to select a suitable wife for Sakan." Queen Yana spoke ily to the King.

"Yes, you Highness." The King's first concubine,Alyssa, spoke. I shuddered upon hearing the voice. I remembered this voice and I am not mistaken, she might the one whom I bumped into that night with Sakan. I raised my head and I saw Sakan looking at me too.

I turned away from Sakan's gaze and I felt my heart pounding away. Sakan was so daring to get involved with his stepmother....

"Summon them in." The King smiled.

When the door was opened, a strong flora framgrance waved in, and the beauties walked in in an orderly manner. I heard a loud gasps and whispers from the audiences.

"Prince Sakan, this is Melody of the Flame clan. This is Luna of the Moon clan...." Lord Kangin was introducing the beauties but Sakan stopped him.

"Send them out."

Lord Kangin was stunned for a while and he did not react.

"My son, so you have chosen one of them?" The King was elated.

Sakan nodded with his expressionless face.

"Prince Sakan, may we know who is the beautiful maiden?" Lord Kangin reacted.

"My future wife is her." 

I felt giddy because I saw Sakan's golden iris looking at me. I hoped that I was wrong.

"Lord Hades, if I intend to marry your daughter; you have no issue right?" 

The whole place was in absolute silence. Everyone had not recovered from the shocking news.

Siwon looked worried and he replied," Prince Sakan, you are aware that she is your...."

"Sakan!" The King and Queen Yana were shocked as well.

"Because of this reason, I can't find anyone better than her. She is the perfect wife for me." Sakan swept his cold gaze at everyone," Delia belongs to me in the first place. No one but me had the right to her."

I sensed everyone looking at me with a very weird expressions.

"I am honored for Prince Sakan to take a fancy to me. However, I am returning to the Underworld soon with my parents. Hence, I can't agree with marrying you."

I saw fury flashed across Sakan's eyes and a crushing aura enveloped me.

"Delia does not want to marry you, Prince Sakan!" Aska broke the silent and sipped his wine," Because Delia had already agreed to marry me."

I heard loud whispers and muffled shrieks. They were appalled that I rejected being the future Queen.

Queen Yana smiled and stood up," What is all this? Delia is Lord Hades's daughter and given her status and look, she is a good match for Sakan." Queen Yana turned to Aska," Aska, your old habit is really hard to change. You like to cause prank at this time."

"Father, Freeya likes Aska for a long time. Maybe you can take this opportunity to betrothe them. So Aska would not be bored to pull such a prank." Sakan raised his eye brows. " Queen mother, I am sure that you will approve of this since Flame clan and Light clan are so close."

Queen Yana nodded quite awkwardedly," Yes, I am fully supporting that..."

The King slapped his tights," Excellent! This is so excellent. Sakan's proposal is great. Aska, I am entrusting my Freeya to you. And Delia, come up here."

I was too shocked to move and I spied at Aska and Siwon. Their expression were complicated.

"Your Majestic, I can't marry Princess Freeya." Aska stood up and in the process upset his cup of wine. I was in fear when I saw the look on Aska's face. I had never seen such a solemn and serious look from him.

Queen Yana's face seemed very bad and Aska wanted to say something more. I quickly stood up and stopped him," Lord Aska, I think you had too much wine."

Aska looked at me and did not say anything but he just slumped back into his seat. He reached for some more wine.

"Come here, Delia." Queen Yana stretched her hand and smiled at me.

I sighed and dragged myself towards the King and Queen. The King scrutinized me and kept nodding his head," Her beauty surpassed all other maidens in Heaven. Since Sakan likes you, I have no objection. So long he is happy though...."

Why was everyone talking so weirdly?

"Father?" I looked at Siwon for help.

"Prince Sakan, you are right. Delia belongs to you. She is my daughter from the time that I raise her. If she is not willing to marry you, I can't force her. My King, my answer is that unless Delia agrees, else I object to the marriage." Siwon resumed to his arrogant attitude.

I wanted to hug Siwon for being a good father but what did he meant by I belong to Sakan?

Sakan did not seemed defeated," Fine. I will wait till Delia is willing to marry me."

"Fine. When Delia turns 500 years old, I will bring her back to the Underworld if she is not willing to marry you." Siwon replied.

Sakan's face darken," I will honour the promise."

I was gleeing inside my heart. It was about 3 months later till my birthday. How on earth would I fell in love with Sakan. If I was not willing to marry him, I could return home with Siwon and Kibum.

After the event, I sent Siwon and Kibum off. I had a lot of queries in my mind and I decided to take a stroll before going back. Why did Siwon had to wait till I turn 500 years old before he could fetch me back? Why was everyone being so weird? They seemed to be withholding something from me? Just what was the secret? I was about to pull my hair or rather Delia's hair out of frustration which was a habit of mine.

"Aska! Just what are you thinking earlier!" I heard Queen Yana's voice coming from a tree just behind me. I strained my ears to listen since Aska was involved.

"That is just what I want to ask Queen Yana. Why did you agree with Sakan's proposal to let Freeya marry me!" Aska sounded not too friendly.

"What is wrong with marrying my daughter? Freeya is in love with you. There is nothing wrong to marry her."

"I will never marry Freeya."

"Aska, do you know that your action today was so foolish! You are alway calm and composed. You dare to oppose the King's order earlier. Don't tell me that you are in love with that girl?"

"Yes, she is not that girl! She is my Delia. I will not allow her to marry Sakan. Though Sakan had a pact with Hades, I am worried something will happen as you know how crafty Sakan is."

"Aska, I don't care that you like her but you can't affect our plan!"

"I know that." Aska's voice softed," Everything had to act according to plan."

I was surprised. Plan? What were Aska and Queen Yana planning? Aska loved me? I thought he was joking with me.... I felt tensed up as though something bad was going to happen.... Oh no, I alway got myself landed in situation which I should not be in.

While I was thinking, I heard footsteps and they were approaching me fast. There was no way for me to escape and I decided to say down and closed my eyes.

"Aska!" Queen Yana exclaimed," She is here all along!"

I felt Aska bending down and probably looking at me. " She is asleep and she can't hear what we just said."

"But. What if she did hear, we will....." Queen Yana sounded vicious. I felt coldness when I recalled what happened in the tree hole.

"If you intend to harm her, I will abandon the plan." Aska rebutted fiercely.

"Aska, you...." 

I did not hear anything from Queen Yana and I believed she had left.

I was feeling relieved when suddenly I felt I was carried by Aska. I dared not stir but pretended with my sleep.

"You can really sleep like this." Aska chuckled. He hugged me close to his chest and I could hear his heart beat. Now I realized that God has heart beat which was similar like human. I breathe in Aska's scent. His long silver hair brushed my face and was making me itch.

"Aichoo." I could not stand the itch anymore.

"My dear, you are awake?" Aska smiled gently at me.

"I was resting against the tree just now.... Why are you carrying me?" I faked innocent.

"I was afraid that you would catch a cold by sleeping outside and so I intend to carry you back to your palace."

"Er, you can let me down now because I am awake."

"Alright." The moment Aska let me down, I felt my legs were numb.

"What have you done to me?" I pouted and leaned into Aska for support.

"See, you are to tired to walk." Aska carried me again," Come, I will send you back."

"Aska, you are driving me crazy sometimes."

"Haha."

"You can teleport right? Just do it and it will be faster."

"Huh, I mighty Aska will not use that." He smirked," Let's enjoy the romantic stroll under the moon and stars tonight."

"Hey, you mean you are walking to my palace?"

" Yes."

"Do you know how far it is?"

"Haha."

I did not know how long the journey was because I dozed off, it was so comfortable in Aska's warm embrace. When I opened my eyes, I saw we were nearing my palace.

"You can put me down now."

"Alas, the journey is so short."

I was massaging my numb legs when Aska put me down. I glanced at Aska too.

"Just what is that expression?" Aska looked innocent.

"Just go." I pouted.

"You are so heartless. I walked this far for you. Do you know that it was the longest journey I ever walked?"

"That is what you wanted." I folded my arms.

"At least you should express some gratitude?" Aska swooned down and kissed me. He took the opportunity that I was too stunned to react and slipped in tongue inside my mouth.

Aska's kiss was warm whereas M's kiss was cold....

I pushed Aska slightly and I did not know what to do but to look away. I saw a long shadow not far away. I looked up and saw Sakan.

I was sure that Aska saw Sakan too but he did not say anything. " Delia, go in and rest early,"

"Right." 

"Delia." Aska pulled my hand and stuffed something inside. I felt that it was a necklace and I opened my palm. It was indeed a necklace with a blue gem stone! The familiar blue gemstone.

I quickly stuffed it back to Aska," Leave this for your future wife." I did not wait to see Aska's expression and I ran inside.

A lot of things happened today. I was turning and tossing in bed but I somehow managed to fall asleep.

In the midst of my sleep, I felt my bed dipped a bit.

"Delia." I heard a a whisper and I recognized it to be Sakan. He placed his finger on my lips and trailed down to my chin, my neck and collar bones. I grabbed his finger before it could slide down any further. Now, I could not pretend to be asleep anymore.

"Prince Sakan, I remember that you have a pact with my father."

"Of course I remember." Sakan had a devilish smirk," You are indeed my Delia and to think Aska also falls for you." 

Sakan stood up and resumed to his coldness," Whatever is mine remains mine!"

I saw his vanishing figure and I felt more confused. What did he meant by his? Everyone was weird here and now I am very sure that all of them held a secret from me.