Chapter 26-Forgotten Love (Part 13)

The Pre-existence Seekers

The moment we stepped out of the castle,  M stopped me. "Just plucked from here and do not venture out far." M started looking around us. At this instant, I realized that  it was not that M did not trust me but that he was looking out for the Culleningham. I felt something for M. M  bent down and plucked some flowers, carefully removing the thorns for me. I started my actions. I grabbed M's collar and pulled him, crashing our lips together. 

M was surprised at my boldness and he did not react for a while. However soon, he responded to my kiss and gathered me to his chest. M's tongue started invading my mouth and we battled for dominance. I heard dropping sound as M dropped the flowers on the ground. I opened my eyes slightly and saw that M was deeply engrossed in our hot passionate kiss. M please forgive me. When our lips parted, I chanted some spell and pasted a talisman on him. My talisman worked and M could not move. 

"Wannie?" M looked at me.

"M, I am sorry. You are excellent in every way but I did not want to become a vampire." I believed that I did nothing wrong but I felt terribly guilty towards M. The softness, confusion was gone and fury took over his expression. I could not think much longer. I ran into the castle to rescue Jane. I came out again and summoned my Phoenix. "Take her and leave here." I ordered and my Phoenix spreaded it's wings and flew off. I breathed again. My task was completed.

I turned to M but he was no longer to be seen. Suddenly, I felt strangling on my neck and I saw M's sharp glare at me.

"You could move?"

"Your little trick could not bound me for too long. To think you did this on me!" M used some strength and I felt that I could not breathe. I began to pry open his hands and struggled.

"I could not marry you as I did not want to be a vampire."

M slammed me to the ground instead. " You do not want to marry me. Why did you save me? Why are you treating so nicely. Why did you kiss me earlier? You mean all your actions were lies to me! Waiting for your escape plan!" M yelled at me. His icy blue iris began to burn with fury.

This time, I would be dead for M was definitely angry. " Yes, I want to escape from you even if you turned me into a vampire, I will still escape." Since, I am doomed and so I was bold.

"Fine! I will make you into a vampire now! Very soon, it will be over and we could be together eternally!"

"Why did you force someone who is not willing to become your kind?" A strange voice came from the back. No, that voice sounded like Eric hyung. I must be hallucinating since I am near my death. I felt M releasing me and stood up. I looked behind. The beige trench coat, the short black hair and smart skinny jeans. A guy was leaning lazily against the tree trunk with a smirk. It is Eric hyung!

"Erowan, you okay?" Eric hyung raised his brows and winked at me. 

I pinched my face. Ouch, it hurts! I am not hallucinating! It was Eric hyung! I scrambled up and started running to Eric hyung. After a few steps, I was dragged back by a strong force.

"Let go of me."

"No. Don't you dare go to him."

"Say, shouldn't you let go?" Eric hyung smiled but his eyes were shooting deadly glances.

"This is my bride. You should be leaving."

"But Dongwan mentioned that he did not want to be your bride."

"It is none of your business anyway!"

Eric hyung and M smiled while they conversed but I could feel the burning fire from them.

"Stop it! " I faced M," He is Eric hyung and he is here to fetch me home."

"I will not allow that to happen!" 

"You better let go of Dongwan, else I will not go easy on you." Eric hyung kicked a stone over.

"I will like to see you trying to take Wannie away."

The two of them got into defense mode and they were about to battle out with each other. I did not want Eric hyung hurt and I did not want anything to happen to M as well. I had to do something. "Stop!" I started to walk in between them. However, I could not move at all. Geez, when did Eric Hyung cast a shield over me? 

I saw golden light and black light battling out. Oh no, they really PK each other. A sudden loud sound and both of them were sent moving a few steps backward. M flew to me and wanted to grab me but Eric hyung's shield prevented him. So, there was some shield that M could not break through. M became furious and he concentrated hard causing his golden light to increase their intensity. I felt the shield was under pressure and was twisted. M put his hand into the shield and was trying to reach out to me. Eric hyung placed his right index and middle finger on his lips and chanted something. M was bounced off by a black light.

M snapped his fingers and soon millions of vampire bats appeared. The sight was frightening coupled with the loud flapping sounds of the wings. Eric hyung  took out his talisman and attacked the bats. The bats turned into pieces whenever Eric hyung's black light hit them. M looked grim and he waved his hand and the pieces joined to become into a huge bat. Am I watching some hollywood blockbuster movie with super special effect? The gigantic bat attacked Eric hyung viciously and caused him to fall. When Eric hyung got up on his feet, there was blood at the corner of his mouth.

"Eric hyung." I was worried for him.

"Leave here at once or else, I won't show mercy even if you are related to Wannie." M retorted coldly.

Eric hyung stood back a bit and took out a crystal ball from his inner coat. I was totally shocked as I recognized that crystal ball- Soul sealer. It belonged to Hyesung, one of his 3 most powerful weapons. Unless situation called for such, Hyesung would never use his 3 weapons. Thought Soul sealer was ranked third among the weapons but it's lethality should not be underestimated. Eric hyung was going to use it? Did he had Hyesung's consent to use Soul sealer?

Eric hyung chanted something and sent Soul sealer spinning towards M. When nearing M, Soul sealer shattered in pieces and its white light illuminated the night. M raised his hands to block the glaring lights and the pieces flew at M like flying daggers.

"M." I shrieked to warn him.

M managed to dodge the pieces but his arm was scrapped by one of the pieces. Blood was oozing out from the  wound and the shocking thing was that, the wound did not heal by itself.

"Any injuries or wounds caused by Soul sealer could never be heal instantly. If a piece pierced through your body, it would fused into your vein and aimed straight to your heart! You want to taste Soul sealer again?" Eric hyung waved his hand and the pieces merged together again.

M glanced at his injuried and snorted," I will never let you take Wannie away. Over my dead body!"

"Fine, seek your death then!" Eric hyung waved his hand, sending Soul sealer at M again.However, it did not shattered into pieces but it just hit M at his chest. M cluched his chest and collapsed onto the ground. "Now for the final hit."  Eric hyung said sternly and was about to wave his hands.

"No,  stop please. Eric hyung." I screamed from my  spot. " Don't hurt him."

"I had anticipated that you will do so." Eric hyung stopped and Soul sealer flew back to him.

"Eric hyung, removed the shield." I was worried about M but Eric hyung was hesitating. " Eric hyung, faster! He is badly injuried." I yelled again.

 Eric hyung sighed and pointed at me. I felt the shield being removed and I ran towards M.

"M, are you alright?"

" This can't claim my life yet. M replied. "Wannie, you cared for me. You had feeling for me, right?"

I bit my lower lip," M, I admit that I did have special feeling towards you but we are different. You are a Pure Blood while I am a human. We could never be together. I did not wish to spend the rest of my life in darkness, feed on blood. I did not want immortality if I could never go out in the sun. Even with my limited lifespan as a human, I alway wanted to walk in the sun with my loved one, hand in hand. That is all I wanted but M, you could never give me that."

"Do you really treasure being able to walk in the sun?" M's body shook and his face sadden.

"Yes, that is very important fof me. Besides, I do not belong here." M looked at me confused. " I came from the future some 500 years later. Previously, you asked for my purpose here. Well, I travelled through time and I am here to complete a task."

"No wonder, you are so different and special." M did not looked too shocked at my words. " Since you valued sunlight so much, would you remain by my side as a human?" M's hair fluttered with the night breeze and he seemed so sad.

"Dongwan has to return back." Eric hyung interrupted us. " If Dongwan remained here where he did not belong to, his soul would disappear forever once his life ended here."

M's expression changed drastically," Dongwan, is this true?"

I nodded. It was true that if I remained here, I could not be reincarnated again. Thus, this is the reason that we had to return immediately after conpletion of each task. Hence, Hyesung always warned Eric hyung and me that we should never gotten ourselves involved with anyone during our task. We could not stay for anyone.

" I had to bring Dongwan back! If you love him, let him go." Eric hyung gave a faint smile to M.

M looked at me, I saw his expression in his icy blue eyes. Depressed, longing, sad and finally gentleness. "Wannie, how does being in the sun feels like?"

"You want to know?" 

"But I will turn in ashes if I come into contact with slight not of sunlight..."

"Sunlight feels like this..." I hugged M tightly.

"It felt so warm and nice..." M buried his face into my chest. I could not see his expression except his comments. My heart suddenly ached, aching for M...

" We have to go." Eric hyung whispered and placed his hand on my shoulder.

M held me tightly for a while before releasing me. "M, I should return this to you." I started to take off the necklace but M stopped my movement.

"Keep it with you. Think of me watching over you and that you will not forget me." M smiled bitterly.

"M..." I felt my nose sniffing and hung my head low. M chuckled and ruffled my hair gently," You can still change your mind and join me, you know." 

"I..." Before I could finish, M leaned froward and kissed me. A goodbye kiss. The next thing that I knew, Eric hyung had grabbed me with him. Eric hyung called for Hyesung and our bracelets glowed. The uncomfortable feeling seized me again and I knew that I am going back soon.

"Wannie, I will find you even if it take me 100 years, 1000 years or forever...." I could no longer hear the remaining sentence. I closed my eyes as I did not dare to look at him, fearing that I would remain here with him. Goodbye M, take care. My heart ached. I wish, if that is possible, to meet you again under the warm sunlight and blue skies.