Chapter 44 - Dark Love (Part 4)

The Pre-existence Seekers

Very quickly, I sneaked up to Edward and took out the small knife from my hair. I aimed at the marking and plunged into it. "Ding" the dropping of the knife on the floor made a loud sound, I felt pain at my wrist. When I traced the pain, I saw Edward seized my wrist. Instantly, my mind was blank and I could only managed to call out," Edward?"

"What are you doing?" His iris burned with anger.

"Edward, I was just fooling around." I gulped and I could felt swear trickling down my forehead.

"Oh is it?" Edward smirked and whispered in my ear," Imposter? Or Kim Dongwan?"

I almost jumped when I heard Edward saying out my name. My palm turned cold! How would Edward know about me and my name?

Seeing my expression, Edward chuckled but his eyes were dead cold," If I remember correctly, this is how Eric call you."

"Edward, what are you talking about? I am Lynn, your beloved sister." My heart was about to jump out of my mouth.

"Oh? I do not recall Lynn having black eyes iris." Edward stared at me.

Black iris? I stop breathing! Could it be... Could it be my iris.... Oh no, I forgot that the spell had it's limitation and time constraint. Why did my charm had to lose its power at this critical moment! Am I so unlucky? My mind was buzzing away.

"Melissa was tracking on Eric's movement. I did not know how you managed to wear Lynn's necklace... Since you are here, we shall not waste the lovely night." Edward started to flung me across the room and I hit against the wall. Edward came and hit me hard till I felt blood sipping out of the corner of my mouth. Edward yanked my hair and I was pulled up abruptly before he grabbed my neck, choking me.

Would I lose my life here? Lost the chance to break the marking? Lost the chance to save Eric hyung? Suddenly, all the past memories of Eric hyung and me at 'Twist of Fate' appeared in my head. I could not lose Eric hyung, never! Thinking of this, I summoned my last ounce of strength and pushed Edward away, freeing myself from him. Edward lost his balance and fell flat on the floor. I saw the marking and I pounced on him, not caring that I did not have my weapon anymore. I sank my teeth onto the marking. I bit hard and I heard a loud yell from Edward. When I released my bite, I saw blood oozing out. I felt relieved.

My happiness lasted for a few seconds before I was grabbed and flung again but this time I landed on the bed. I saw death aura emitting from Edward," Do you think you could break the marking this easily? Haven't you hear of twin seals?"

Twin seals! My heart sank. It could only be broken by using powerful spells.

"Your plan is up!" Once again, I felt pressure on my neck. I was slowly losing my conscious. No, I was reluctant to end my life like this, not until I freed Eric hyung's soul. I am sorry Eric hyung, I was useless and I could not save you. Never had I felt so despair in my heart, I just could not stand it. I felt a wave of coldness from my body and I was feeling that the freezing waves would be exploding from my body. 

A sudden blue ray shone from my chest, or rather from the locket. Edward was repelled by the light and was sent flying across the room. The light enveloped me and I was puzzled. The light gotten brighter and it blinded me. When I opened my eyes again, I saw a figure in front of me. I stared hard at the silhouette and I was trying to figure out the person. I also noticed that Edward was staring at the figure with a shocking expression.

When my eyes adjusted itself after the glaring lights, the figure became clearer. He turned around and faced me with his snowy white hair and icy blue iris. He had that same smirk on him.

"M! Is that you?" Oh my gosh, the Prince of Pureblood! Why was M doing here?

"Wannie!" M seemed to be elated to see me as well.

"Why are you here?" We spoke in unison.

M could not contain his delight in seeing me and he came to me with a tight hug. " Wannie, tell me that I am not dreaming about this, about you." His embrace was still as cold as I remembered and I caught the scent of Queen of Midnight on him. I did not care how and why M appeared here. He was the only one who could help me. I grabbed M and whispered," I needed your help."

 M calmed down after his excitement of seeing me. Slowly, he grinned," My dear Wannie, you are still as as before and needed me."

"M! Stop fooling around." I gave him a deadly shot with my eyes. M my head and looked at me. The next moment, his tenderly expression turned into fury. 

"What happened? Who did this to you!" M held my chin and inspect my neck and my mouth.

"M, can't you tell? Someone is hurting me." I spied at Edward. He was looking at us but the horror, earlier on his face was gone.

M turned towards Edward and deadly freezing coldness shot from his glance. If looks could kill, Edward's blood would probably be dry by M. "Who the hell are you? How dare you hurt my previous lover!" M pointed at Edward and a red light flashed at Edward. When the light was nearing Edward, it was deflected by another light.

A girly laughter was heard at the doorway and a little girl appeared. Melissa!

I pointed at Melissa and spoke to M," Be careful of her. She is quite powerful. Eric hyung was hurt by her as well."

"Duke, please leave and let me handle everything from here." Melissa helped Edward up. Edward nodded his head. 

I could not let Edward escape, Eric hyung's soul was sealed in him. " M, you deal with this witch!" I found courage as M was with me. I concentrated and clasped my hands together. I chanted a spell and white mist appeared. Rapidly, Edward was surrounded by the mist. This was no ordinary mist and it was only useful to deal with the twin seals on Edward. Edward's movement was bounded by the mist. Melissa tried to come to Edward's aid but was hindered by M. Eric hyung was no match for the witch's scheming skills while I was no match against her power. M was different, given his ability; he could effortlessly defeat Melissa.

I continued to chant my spell and my mist tighten around Edward. I saw a faint, translucent figure trying to get out from Edward. It was half of Eric hyung's soul! But it could not so quickly, Eric hyung's soul was struggling with Edward. I just need to concentrate harder and Eric hyung's soul could be freed!

"Edward!" A shriek came from the doorway and I looked in the direction. I saw Lynn and the more surprising thing was that Eric hyung was here too. Eric hyung leaned against the doorway and he looked pale.

"Erowan, you are a fool. You never ever listen to me at all!" I saw a faint grin on Eric hyung though he was scolding me.

I did not say anything but concentrated on my spell. Edward turned pale and he groaned before collapsing on the ground. I had broken the twin seals and now I had to 'extract' out Eric hyung's soul and guide it back into Eric hyung. 

When I was about to 'extract' Eric hyung's soul, an unexpected thing happened. Lynn hugged Edward and wailed," Edward, are you okay?"

"Lynn, you are finally back." Edward smiled and patted her cheek.

"Edward, you will be alright." Lynn turned to me," Please, do not hurt Edward. I beg you."

"Lynn, I am not hurting him. Now, go away!" I yelled at her. Lynn was obstructing me from 'extracting' Eric hyung's soul. Lynn sobbed loudly and refused to move away. I was worried as the time passed, and from the look of them; Lynn still had feeling for Edward. Woman are very complicated.

Suddenly, I felt strange sense from Eric hyung's soul and the sensation was getting stronger. Eric hyung's soul started to devour Edward's soul! ! I looked at Eric hyung and saw him staring hard at Lynn. Eric hyung could not control his jealousy and was it due to this that caused the strange sensation? If this went on, Edward's soul would be completely devoured by Eric hyung's soul! Though I disliked Edward, I could not let this thing happened. However, I realized that I could not stop Edward's soul from being devoured.

"Stop!" A small figure stood in front of me. Melissa had escaped from M. 

"It is too late." I bit my lips. I knew I was selfish but at least Eric hyung's soul was safe.

Melissa took a long look at Edward and I saw determination flashed in her eyes. She closed her eyes and chanted. Slowly, black mist appeared from her and I faintly heard her chanting. I had heard it somewhere.... I saw a blue firefly flew out from Melissa and flew into Edward's body.

Everything came clear to me. Melissa was using the Black curse! It was a dark spell and was a forbidden skill. It could stop and sealed anything, including Eric hyung's soul! The soul which was attacked with Black curse would be eternally banished into darkness. And the person who used such skill had to give up her life and soul to the demon!

Was Melissa intending to seal away Eric hyung's soul? Why! Was Edward's life worth the risk!