Chapter 7 - Undying Love (Part 6)

The Pre-existence Seekers

Once we entered into the city, the stallion slowed down and I was fascinated by the sight in front of me. The prosperous city in ancient China which I only read in books or seen on television but now, I am seeing it for real! There were a lot of people in the city, men, women, young and old and they were in bright and colourful clothings. The bustlings of hawkers, haggling noise of the customers and street acrobats performance amazed and I was simply too stunned for words.

"Its is simply grand and magnificent right?" a voice whispered in my ears. Aishi, I forgot that the man was just beside me and my face blushed again. I could not speak but merely nodded.

"Oh may I know if this is AD 630?" I had to make sure that Hyesung did not send me to the wrong era and it played safe to check first.

"What are you talking about? You are weird as well as cute." he looked at me amused.

"Aishi, I mean who is the current Emperor ruling this era?" I quickly changed my question. I knocked my head as I had asked a very stupid question. I came from the future and of course he would not know what is AD 630.

"If you keep hitting your head, you will turn into an idiot. hahahahaha, you are very funny." the man laughed at me till he was resting his chin on my shoulders." The Emperor ruling this state is Emperor Lee. Why did you need to know?"

"Well, I er respect your Emperor very much and I wanted to get his autograph home to sell."

He looked at me strangely and shook his head. "You can get off now. I kept my promise and sent you to the city." His voice resumed the coldness when we first met. I nodded and jumped off, patting my jeans. Before, I left, I remembered something importantly and I turned back to him, "Would you have any idea where the Court official with a daughter called Qin stayed?"

"What? I do not know."

"Oh, thank you anyway. By the way, I am Kim Dongwan." I smiled at him.The man simply looked at me and tugged his stallion, prepared to gallop off.

"Hey, I told you my name and it is rude if you do not tell me yours. Its basic courtesy." I called out to him.

"I suggest you buy a set of the clothings before you are perceived as a weirdo." He said arrogantly. I looked around me and I saw that the passerby are making some conversation and pointing at me. I better change my clothings else, i would look weird here and would not be able to complete my mission.

"I better get going. Thank again." I gave a bow.

"Minwoo. My name is Minwoo." He rode off immediately after saying his name. Very soon, he disappeared from my sight. Minwoo, it seemed to be a common name, I guess. Quickly, i regained my sense and started to find a boutique to buy some clothings???? I managed to find a clothing stall and there were a lot of different type of clothings, of various design, print and colours. I was choosing for a long time, trying to find something that looked stylish and nice on me. Eventually, I chose a white set of clothings with black finishing at the collars and the sleeves and at the hems. Immediately, I put on the clothings and the fat lady boss was looking at me deliciously? She was staring her eyes wide and her lips and I seemed like some kind of appetising food to her. (> <)ll.

"Er excuse me pretty lady boss, do you know where the official with a daughter, Qin lived? I really wanted to vomit at the tone and the words that I used on her.

"Oh, they lived down that lane over there." She pointed with her fat, finger with a huge ruby ring. I thanked her politely and i received a smack on my backside from her and she laughed happily. "Are you going there to become their servant?"

"What?" I was shocked. Do I look like a servant huh, I could jolly well pass off as a young master? Have anyone seen such a handsome dashing servant like me?

"Well, the daughter Qin will be marrying off soon and they are employing short term servant for the wedding preparation. You look so handsome and I bet that you will be employed" The fat lady gave me another smack at my backside while I just smiled weakly at her but I was cursing her and Hyesung in my heart.

But, I thought that it was rather early for marriage as it would not be so in another 2 months' time? I could try to become a servant whereby I could watch over Qin and General Jung Hyuk's brother and to stop the tragedy from happening. After thinking this way, I felt happier to become a servant. I thank the lady boss for the information and paid for my clothings and she brushed her chubby hands on my arms and winked at me. I quickly withdrew my hands and fled away. "Come again, young man." I heard her calling out to me and also a smooching sound as if she was sending me a flying kiss. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Everything went smoothly and I was indeed employed as the servant of the Ming family. I was led to the servants' quarters in the manor. Well, the manor looked posh and the Ming family treated the servants well as my servants' quarter was clean and airy. I shared a room with another young servant called Sun Ho. He was roughly about 17 years old, looked cute and adorable, very friendly and chatty.Well he had been working here for about 1 year.

"Brother Wan, do you know that the young lady, Qin, was the famed beauty of this city? And she will be marrying General Jung Hyuk soon. Oh what a perfect match. General Jung Hyuk is tall, muscular, handsome and knowledgable. He was the eldest son of the prestigious Mun family here. The Mun family had served the Court for many years and the Old Master Man is the Prime Minister of this state." Sun Ho rantled off endlessly.

I gasped after hearing Sun Ho's words. General Jung Hyuk came from such a prestigous background which shocked me. I laughed at Sun Ho for I learnt that the ancient man was as busybody too.

"Well, I heard that Lady Qin and General Jung Hyuk were childhood sweet heart and grew up together?"

"Yes, that is what I heard from Jun Jin too. They grew up together and fell in love with each other too."

'Who is Jun Jin?"

"He is the Chief in charge of us, servant. He had been serving the family for many years too. He is a bit temperamental but overall, a nice person."

"Oh, does General Jung Hyuk had a younger brother?"

"Oh you mean Master Ji Hoon? He is a year younger than General Jung Hyuk and he was a refine scholar. Well he is as handsome as General Jung Hyuk and he is serving the Courts too. What a prestigious family to be assuming important post in the state." Sun Ho said dreamily like a star struck fanboys of some girl idol pop group.

"Refine and scholarly? That is not what I know about him. He was the one who did the unethical thing to lady Qin and caused misery to them." I pondered before I drifted into dreamland on my first night here.

After working for 2 days, I finally saw Lady Qin. She was indeed beautiful and she did resemble Steve Jung in some way. Maybe they were thousands of years old apart and through the 3 rebirth, they did not look exactly the same. Maybe General Jung Hyuk loved that soul and not that appearance. The looks may change but not the soul...Speaking of huge age group, the name Minwoo came to my mind. I shook my head and laughed at my actions.

"You are call Dongwan?" Lady Steve spoke gently at me (well I knew Steve Jung first and hard for me to call her anything else.)

"Yes, I am Dongwan and at your service."

"It is rude to say I infront of lady Qin. And what is that meaning of 'At your services'?" Jun Jin interrupted and gave me a disapproving look. I had been on good term with Jun Jin after 2 days and it was thanks to Sun Ho. I managed to gather a lot of information from Sun Ho and especially Jun Jin.

"It is alright. Dongwan is still new here and let him get used to the work here. Jun Jin, can you arrange for Dongwan to work at my side?" Lady Steve smiled sweetly like a cherry blossom and I was mesmerized by him, I mean her. Oh god, I think I am blinded by her warm sweet smile. (*...*). If she was a Kpop idol back home, I bet the males and females will like her - both genders killer.

"Lady Qin, General Mun Jung Jyuk is here."

Upon hearing a servant's announcement, Lady Steve's eyes glowed and a hint of blush crept to her rosy cheek. Soon, I saw a silhouette of a tall man, walking briskly across the garden towards our direction.

"Qin." He called out. I finally seen General Jung Hyuk alive! because back home, I saw his spirit only. Well General Jung Hyuk looked the same except that he looked glowing pink here while his spirit looked greyish (what do you expect from a dead right).