Chapter 47 - Dark Love (Part 7)

The Pre-existence Seekers

"I will inform her to come via the dream." Hyesung's voice sounded.

"Is she...."

"When you completed the task, she was freed of her outcome. All the inferior complexity is gone."

"Teacher, you mean she will be alright when she return?"

"That is right, Dongwan."

"Teacher,...." I turned my head to face Hyesung," If the bottle is full, you will send me to the Underworld, right?"

Hyesung looked at me for a while before he nodded his head.

I had to go to the Underworld, never so desperate to go to any place before. Because, there is the cure for Eric hyung and maybe I could unveil the secret which is related to my past life. Maybe I could find out everything in the Underworld!

The next day, Yunji came and she looked very different from the first time. There was no make up on her face and she looked sweet and happy. Yaleya must be leading a blissful life in her time and her after life here will also find her happiness. When Yunji's tears dropped into the bottle, the liquid did not turn white.

                             *********************

It was a lazy afternoon and Hyesung was tending to his potted plants and his hair slipped and covered a bit of his face. 

"Dongwan, go and get me a glass of water." Hyesung spoke without looking up.

"Hmmm." I stood up lazily from the sofa and took out the water jug in the fridge. I pour some iced water into a glass and passed to Hyesung. I slouched back to my sofa and started flipping through the channels. There was nothing interesting.

"Teacher, come and take a rest." I grabbed some potato chips and started munching. I started flipping the channels till I stopped at CNN news. It was featuring Middle East and I sighed. It was a beautiful place as I recalled from my mission but now it was war torn. 

" Teacher, why did it become like this? Why there is such thing call war?" I shook my head.

"Since ancient time, war had never been ending. So long the human race exist, the war will never end." Hyesung spoke coldly.

"But it is peace time now." I munched more potato chips.

"For the time being." Hyesung paused before he continued," War will start some day. Human race is never satisfied with what they had."

"Ya teacher, don't keep on saying human race in your sentence. You sounded as if you are not human." I glared at Hyesung and momentarily, I caught a tense expression flashed in Hyesung's eyes. My heart skipped a bit. Given Hyesung's appearance and his out of this world aura, his extraordinary skills and powers, it seemed.... Hyesung was not a human being. Besides all these, there was nothing unusual about Hyesung. I did not want to think anymore because I will feel headache if I think too much on complicated issues.

I resumed to the television programme and I saw a familiar figure behind the reporter. "Ah!" I squealed. Despite that figure lowered his head and wore a baseball cap which covered half of his face. I could sense a special aura from him despite his causal attire. That figure and aura reminded me of Queen of the Midnight, M! I could not believe my eyes and I rubbed it. It could not be him! How on earth did M appear in this time and in Middle East! It could not be true.

"Bong." A crisp shattering of glass brought me back from my thoughts. I looked beside me and saw the glass in Hyesung's hand was smashed on the floor. The glass bits scattered all over. Hyesung was staring hard at the television and he had the shocked looks on his face.

"Is him... Him... He still looked the same!" Hyesung was muttering to himself while looking dazed.

"Teacher, are you alright?" I was feeling uneasy. I had never witnessed Hyesung being so emotional and lost control of himself. It seemed that Hyesung suffered from a trauma and I wondered what caused him to be so. The only explanation was that he saw M on television. Could it be that Hyesung and M were related? It was not possible: they were not from the same era. I must be thinking too much and that I could have mistaken that man as M. Maybe he just resembled M.

"I am okay, Dongwan. The glass just slipped from my hand." Hyesung resumed his calmness. " What did you see on television that made you squeal just now?"

"I... er..." I hesitated," I think I saw someone familiar."

"Someone familiar? Who?" Hyesung eyed me.

"Well, that man who appeared suddenly earlier resembled someone from one of my tasks. In fact, a Pure Blood." I smiled awkwardly," But it could not be him. I must have been mistaken."

"Pure Blood!" I saw Hyesung's different iris widened. His gaze seemed to be looking at far distance and seemed to be recalling something. Finally, I heard Hyesung whispering," Forever banished into the Darkness, never to witness the Sun. Is him! It is really him!..... Never will I imagine that the path of the two of you  crossed once again...." Hyesung suddenly jerked his head and looked at me," Dongwan! Where is the necklace that the Pure Blood gave you!"

Hyesung's loud voice scared me and I found him to be behaving oddly today. I quickly took off my locket and passed to Hyesung. The locket was given to me by Lynn Porwell and M's necklace is inside the locket." 

Hyesung immediately opened the locket and took out M's necklace. He looked hard at it and remained silent," How could I have miss this?" Hyesung spoke as he clutched the necklace. "Dongwan, you are not going to wear this necklace anymore! Do you understand!"

"But Teacher, why?" I whined.

"Don't ask anything! There are things which are best left to be ignored!" Hyesung grasped the necklace tightly in his fist as if he wanted to crush the stone. Hyesung seemed to detest the necklace or rather, he detest M? I am getting more confused....

After a few days, I sort of forgotten about this matter and no one came to 'Twist of Fate' for assistance. I am feeling extremely lazy tonight to cook dinner. I rejected Hyesung's offer to cook us dinner because his cooking really ! Trust me! Even the fast food tasted better than his steak! I decided to walked to the nearest MacDonald's which was about 20 minutes of walking. I bought 2 set meals and was on my way home.

I was strolling along a park, heading home. I was sipping my cola and humming a tune. The fresh air made me felt so comfortable and I wanted to enjoy this quiet night because I did not when I would have to do my mission. Making a turn, I passed a deserted alley and I saw a figure walking opposite me. The street light was faint and I could not see the face. As the person wore a baseball cap, I just barely make out that he was a guy.

I quicken my steps and tried not to stare at the man. When I walked past him, I felt coldness emitting from him. He was not a human! When I was wondering what creature he was, a shadowy figure obstructed me and he grabbed my wrist fiercely, causing the packet of food to drop to the ground.

"You are looking for trouble!" I was pissed and I flung my cup of cola on his face.

"Oh my honey is still as fiesty as before." The man chuckled.

That voice, it could not be.... 

The man removed his cap and snowy white hair fell on his shoulders. His icy blue iris held a thousand emotions and my brain stopped functioning. "M....M..." I could only stammered his name out like an idiot.

M looked at me longingly while droplets of cola remained in his handsome face. M did not bother to wipe then off and hugged me tightly. His hug was crushing my bones and I felt that I could not breathe. "Wannie, I found you at last." M whispered into my ears.

I was touched by his words. Suddenly I recalled what he said when he saved me in Italy and I felt happy. M really found me as he had promised. His hug was as cold as before, especially so in this cold autumn night, causing me to shiver.

"Let...Let go of me...." I tried to push M.

"No! Never will I let you go this time." I heard the determination in his voice.

"Really, I will....die. I will not go easy on you if you do not let go!" I felt my bones were going to be crushed.

"Oh bring it on my dearest." M sniggered," You are no match against me, you know. I really missed you and I had a lot of things to tell you." M sounded very gentle.

"Okay. But let go of me. I am afraid I will die any minute now." I rolled my eyes. M let go of me rather reluctantly. I bent down to pick up the packet and passed M a piece of napkin to clean his face.

"Do it for me." M gave me a sinister smile.

"In your dream!" I yelled at him.

"Er.... I felt a bit hungry now." His smile became more evil.

My brain did a fast analysis: He was hungry, he needed blood...That was a dangerous signal to me... I am alone in this deserted alley plus I am definitely powerless against him. "Fine! I do it." I sulked and wiped carelessly on his face, pretending that I am dusting the cobweb in store room. I saw M letting out a satisfied look.

"Why are you here?" I started to bombard him.

"It was a painful wait to see you again." M smiled beautifully at me," I waited for more than 300 years. The last time, I felt that you are in danger and by miracle, I came to you. I realized that there must be some way to find you quickly and so I went to see my elder, Leslie, about it."

"Elder Leslie? Was he the one that you mentioned to me, the one who turned you into a Pure Blood?"

M nodded," Wannie, remember the necklace that I gave you?"

I nodded.

"Leslie said that so long there was a medium, he could send me to you. The necklace, specifically, the gemstone was the medium that allowed me to find you."

"Oh. So that was it...." I began to understand a bit.

"Wannie, where is my necklace that I gave you?" M pulled at my collars and asked frantically.

"Oh, I left it at home." I quickly came up with an excuse, feeling slightly guilty.

"What! You left it at home? You better wear it. No wonder, I spent some time before I could track your location." M sounded irritated.

"Oh M, did you happen to appear in Muddle East?" I recalled the image that I saw on television a few days ago.

"Middle East." M nodded," Yes, Leslie sensed that you were somewhere there and sent me over. However, I discovered that it was the wrong era when I reached."

"Ya, I went to Middle East which was more than 1000 years ago!"

"You are still doing tasks?" M's expression looked complex.

"Yes, it is my job."

"So after being to so many places, you find that..." M smirked and leaned closer to me," I am the best!"

My lip trembled and I rolled my eyes," Ya, M! You think too highly of yourself." I saw an evil gleam in his icy blue iris. "I am going back else Teacher would scold me." I turned and was about to move off.

"You live with your Teacher? Male or female? How old? Still single?" M blasted out a series of questions at me.

I felt amused," It is none if your business." I stuck out my tongue.

"Of course it is my business. You are mine and how could I let you stay with someone else!" M hugged me.

"Ya, since when I am a property and belonged to you!" I pushed M away.

"Wannie, 3 days later... You come here and meet me at this time."

"I am not free." I yelled again.

"Oh then I will have to pay a visit to your place and meet your Teacher." 

"NO!" I shouted and had the eerie image in my mind. On a moonless night, with the cries of wolves behind. Hyesung in all white amour suit PK M who was in a black tuxedo.... It was too horrifying to me. I could not let Hyesung know that M was here.

"Then you better meet me here then." M grinned," And you better wear my necklace too."

"Aarrggghhh.." I pulled my hair and started walking off.

"Hold on! You forgot something." M grabbed my shoulders and spun me around. I lost my balance and his arms held onto me. Next, I felt his cold lips on mine. I wanted to yell at him and M skillfully invaded my mouth when it was opened. He at my tongue and lingered on my teeth and lips. He was the life out if me. It was after a long time that I was allowed to breathe.

"Wannie, I had waited for this kiss for a few hundred years." He whispered.

I could not get mad at M after hearing that. We lived in different era. In my time, it was a few months that we last met but for M, it was a few centuries. In the long waiting time, how did M felt? Lonely? Unbearable? Letting the time to pass through those nights?