Chapter 54 - Dark Love (Part 14)

The Pre-existence Seekers

The journey seemed to faster since I had Yesung's company and we passed through some horrible places. When I passed through the last place, I could not hold back anymore and I vomited badly. After vomiting for a long time, I was so drained that I had to sit on the ground. I felt so tired, so miserable and so frightened that I did not want to move an inch.

"Yesung, you go ahead. I can't move anymore." I waved my hand.

Yesung pulled my right hand," Dongwan, we will be reaching the first plain. If we pass the 4th plain, we will reach Bliss land, to be reborn...."

I did hear the remaining sentence. I recalled that Hades and his men lived inside the plains. I gulped and so the God of Death and God of Sleep were also living inside here! I felt my future in a turmoil.

"Oh no... Inside lived God of Sleep and God of Death..." I think my face must have turned pale and cold sweats rolled down my forehead.

"Don't worry. They are busy everyday and were hardly seen inside." Yesung smiled and patted me.

I did not think that God of Sleep was busy with his work unless you counted him to be busy searching for places to sleep. I chuckled when I recalled this. I looked at Yesung and he did not seemed to be afraid that we were be going into the plains. 

"Yesung, how did you know all this information?"

"I heard this from others." Yesung tugged at my hand again.

We entered the first plain and we saw a palace which belonged to God of Death, Heechul. Just like what Yesung mentioned, there was no one in the palace. I could not believe it that we went through the first plain simply like that. It was also the same as we passed the second plain, whereby God of Sleep, Leteuk resided.

We came to the third plain and I saw ghost fires floating all over the place. I felt uneasy about it.

"Yesung.." I wanted to call out to Yesung to leave this place quickly but I saw a stony looks in his eyes.

"Dongwan." He called out to me suddenly.

"What is it Yesung?" I stared at Yesung and felt worried because he looked dazed.

Yesung resumed to his merry self and pulled my hand," Do you know who resided in the third palace?"

"Er..." I think hard at what Hyesung had told me. Apart from God of Death and God of Sleep, there was another god.... I gasped," God of Dream?"

Yesung nodded.

"What about that?"

"Do you know anything about God of Dream?"

"No." I shook my head.

Yesung's expression was calm," God of Sleep is called Yesung."

My mouth was wide open and I could not utter anything out. "You... You are God of Dream! Why did you do this to me!" When I regained my senses, I felt my mind burning, a feeling of betrayal.

"For fun..." Yesung chuckled," It was fun."

"All for fun!" I screamed at Yesung. Now I understood what it meant by having angelic face but demonic heart.

"Kyuhyun mentioned that he could not see the cause of your death and I suspected that you faked your death to enter the Underworld. I had to check out myself to prove that I was right." Yesung came closer to me," To think that Kyuhyun and me were taken in by you. Whoever helped you is not a simple person."

"You brat! You really acted well...." I saw that the injuries on his arms were gone.

"Keke, if not; how can I make you trust me." Yesung smiled innocently," I just used hypnotizing spell and so the injuries that you saw were merely illusion."

I glared at that child like face and I felt like punching him. "I also felt bad that a god like you have to go through so much troubles on a nobody like me." I snorted.

"Usually, I can't be bothered with such thing." Yesung's gaze pierced through my eyes," I just want to see who was so bold to kick my elder brother."

"Your elder brother?" My heart stopped beating because I recalled kicking someone. "You mean God of Sleep, Leteuk is your elder brother?"

Yesung nodded," I am taking you to see Hades."

I felt something just landed on my head. " See... see Hades."

Yesung gave me another of his disgusting innocent smile. "Kyuhyun can't see the cause of your death and sent you to the second Hall. You ran through all the Halls, valleys... Plus you kicked my brother. You don't really think that Hades is ignorant about all these?"

I started to shiver," So, what will Hades deal with me? Kill me?" I did not wish to die yet.

"You will find out after you meet Hades." Yesung grinned and smiled happily.

                                     ***********************************

Hades's palace was much grander than the palaces of the other 3 gods. The whole palace was built from black crystal! Black crystal flooring, black crystal walls, black crystal furniture, black curtain and even the candles were black. Only the flame on the candle was orange.

In the black crystal throne sat a man in black. There were 2 persons on both his sides, one in white and the other in black. I took a glance at the man in the throne and I lowered my head. Using my toes to think, the one siting in the throne was definitely Hades while on his sides were God of Death, Heechul, and God of Sleep, Leteuk.

"You are very daring indeed, to barge into my territory." A cold voice sounded and I am very sure it was Hades talking. His voice pierced through my heart, coldly as his voice sounded. Hades really lived up to his name for his mere words could freeze anything.

"My Lord, this chap could remain awake after my spell indicating that he was no ordinary beings." Leteuk spoke lazily.

I looked up and stared angrily at Leteuk. He let out a smirk and showed his dimple. He was seeking revenge on me for kicking him earlier.

"Yesung, who is he?" Leteuk spoke again.

I was screaming silently in my heart. I am in trouble because Yesung knew that I am a living being. If he revealed that, I think I might not get out alive. I felt sweats formed on my forehead and I grasped my bracelet tightly.

"I do not know, my dear brother." I looked shocked with Yesung's reply. Yesung winked at me discretely. I wondered why he did not expose my identity. Could he really be scared that he would turn into a dung beetle???? Thinking about this, I covered my mouth to prevent my laughters.

"What is the cause of your death?" Hades spoke again.

My mind started thinking fast. Should I cook up a lie and be as pitiful as possible? I started recalling the korean drama that I watched before.

"Oh great Hades. I stayed in the countryside with my family and I led a carefree life. However, a disaster strike my family and I was the only survivor. I did not eat and drink for days and then I die." I blurted out quickly in a single breathe and it was dead silence after I finished.

"I never... I never know that there is such pitiful incident on earth." Heechul spoke first and pulled out his handkerchief to dab at the tears at the corners of his eyes. "My Lord, he is so pitiful, please let him go to Bliss land and to be reborn again.

I spied at the others, Leteuk's face was twitching while Yesung was trying hard to control his laughter.

"Heechul, do you intend to send all the souls to he reborn?" Hades spoke with a sigh.

"You, raise your head." Hades commanded.

Was he commanding me? I raised my head slowly. Finally, I saw the look of Hades!