Chapter 3 - Undying Love (Part 2)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I was stunned with I saw. All the time, only one past live appeared from the clients after Hyesung chanted the spell but now there were 3 past lives from Steve. Oh gosh, do I have to travel thrice for my first mission? 

After the third Chinese word faded, Hyesung released his touch on Steve and muttered under his breathe. "You and Mun were indeed bitter lovers for 3 past lives." Hyesung turned around and pondered for a while before he spoke again," Steve, I need to talk to Mun to gather more fact."

"Dongwan, bring my talisman on the table to me." 

I complied and took a piece of talisman in the wooden case on the table to Hyesung. Hyesung held the talisman between his index finger and middle finger and he chanted a spell silently. Thereafter, he flipped the talisman up in the air and it burnt. Once the ashes landed on tbe floor, there was a thin smoke rising.

"Teacher, have you summon Mun spirit?" I asked timidly as I do not see anything in front of us.

Hyesung nodded his head and pointed at me, " Dongwan, look behind you." Hyesung replied nonchantantly and brushed his fringe aside.

I turned my head swiftly and saw a tall man which made me squealed in a high pitched voice like a teenage girl and I took a few steps back from him. I am not frightened by him but the hell, he appeared before me startled me a little. I bet anyone would behave the same as me. (x_x) and I could guarantee that some might even faint on the spot.

After I calmed myself down, I scrutinized at this so call Mun spirit. He seemed to be in his 20s, awesomely handsome and manly. He wore a weird clothing but definitely belonging to an era in ancient China but momentarily, I could not figure out which dynasty his costume was from.

" You look exactly the same in my dream." Steve whispered while looking at Mun.

I rolled my eyes at Steve. " It absurd that he does not look like the one in your dream. My teacher is not a con artist or what." I thought aloud, feeling hilarious at Steve's words.

" You had heard everything that we spoke earlier. What do you have to say, General Jung Hyuk."

Both Steve and me froze after hearing Hyesung's voice.

"Dongwan, can you close your jaws as you look hideous." Hyesung shook his head at me.

General Jung Hyuk! Did I hear correctly? Isn't he the most famous and courageous General in Tang dynasty? I only heard about his great achievements in history book and oh my, I am seeing him in real person! Oops, correction: it should be his spirit for he was dead probably a few hundred years ago. But I would love to take a photo with him, using my latest Canon DSL camera which cost me a bomb...., and get his autograph. Hey this was priceless okay! As compared to getting your idol's autograph at the usual 'meet-the-fan' session'....

" I thought you say you are Mun? So, so you are such a famous person...." Steve stammered in his sentence.

Mun or General Jung Hyuk did not deny this and neither did he say anything except looking tenderly at Steve. I could see from his eyes that he had a lot of things to say to Steve but he was hesitating. Steve remained shocked and looked back.

"Hellooooo... Earth calling to you two love birds..." I snapped my fingers at them.

"That was my real name. Whatever name I am known as, I am still me." General Jung Hyuk said miserably. "You are indeed formidable," He turned to Hyesung before continuing," I will tell you the details that you wish to know."

Hyesung smiled and this was very rare," General Jung Hyuk, I need to know what happen between you and Steve in your past lives."

"Our tragedy first began more than a thousand years ago. Steve was the only daughter of an official in Tang Dynasty, known as Qin while I was a General Jung Hyuk then. We knew each other since childhood time and grew up together...."

"What, Steve's past life was a female? No wonder he looked so femine and pretty now and...." I cut General Jung Hyuk and blurted out.

"Dongwan, it is so rude to interrupt others." Hyesung scolded me before gesturing General Jung Hyuk to continued while he glared at me.

"We fell in love and made a pact to marry each other. We were the ideal couple and a match made in heaven. Before we could announce our decision to get married, I was called to the frontline of the war zone. I wanted to end the war in victory so that I could ask for Qin to be my wife." General Jung Hyuk paused and he looked tormented while trying to recollect the past. "Upon my return, I was not greeted by Qin's sweet smile but rather her cold tomb. When I learnt the cause of death, I became insane and was in great despair. I killed my brother and I ended my life in front of her tomb, following Qin."