Chapter 24-Forgotten Love (Part 11)

The Pre-existence Seekers

M raised his brows and snorted,"Who said that we could consume only human blood?

"You mean this is not human blood." I heaved a sigh of relief. "But why are you consuming blood now? I thought that you should be drinking at night?" I asked casually because I am surprised that M took breakfast as it was not his wake up time till nightfall.

M looked at me intensively and something flickered in his large bluey iris. He broke into a devilish smile and bent down to my ear. "When A Pure Blood is in action, he feels hungry. And do you know, Pure Blood seduce humans. When the human are lost in the ual paradise, we end their lives by biting into their necks." 

I trembled not because of the icy breathe on my neck but by M's words. I put my hands around my neck to protect it. I quickly stood up," I am leaving." I returned to the room and tried using spells but to no avail. I had 2 days left and I was going crazy.

When night came, the vampires woke up and the castle was bustling with activities. If I was not in the company of M, I would enjoy my meal better. M looked at me throughout the meal which weaken my appetite because the way he looked at me made me felt like he was feasting his eyes on his cusine.

"Can I talk a walk outside the castle?" I wiped my mouth after my food.

"Sure and I am coming with you."

"Whatever. I felt bored staying inside the whole day." The truth was that I could not find my exit out at all.

"Oh is it? Or are you thinking that there is no barrier outside this castle?" M supported his chin and twirled his glass of red wine.

In front of M, my little tricks could not escape his eyes. Well, I am just 20 years while he probably lived a few centuries already. "You need not worry, I would not attack you. Plus, I am no match against you."

M smiled and he stood up, coming to me. He took my hands into his and guided me outside. Once outside, I could sense that there was no barrier here because the slight suffocating feeling was gone. I withdrew my hands and looked around at the surroundings. Alas, I could not see anything in the midst of the darkness and the mist. I could only see Queen of the night growing around the castle. Under the moonlight, the pale whiteness had a shimmering silver tone and I was tempted to pluck one. When I was reaching out my hand, M caught it and shook his head.

"Be careful, you might be pricked by the thorns on Queen of the night." M let go of my hand and plucked a budding Queen of the night. He picked away the thorns thoroughly and looked very serious in doing so. Occasionally, he looked at me and smiled. His icy blue iris did not seem cold anymore but rather like the warm summer blue skies.

Actually, M was gentle and handsome, if he was not a Pure Blood, I would have fell in love with him. I mentally slapped myself at my thoughts, what was I thinking about!

"For you, my dear." M gave me the flower, gathered my waist and gave me a kiss. " I dio not want to see you bleeding due to being pricked by the thorns." He looked at me lovingly and brushed my fringe away. "My dear, I believe that you have not tell me your name yet."

I  rolled my eyes at M and to think he wanted to marry me when he did not know my name! " My name is Dongwan."

"Dongwan. What a weird name. You came from Asia and why are you here?" M looked curious.

"Ya, my name is not weird and you are so rude! I can't tell you why I am here as it is my secret."

" It is fine with me as we have plenty of time to know and find out more about each other. You can tell me slowly in future." 

I gulped. If I become a vampires then I definitely will have a lot of time for I would be immortal." But it is unfair to force an unwilling person to become your kind. Why are you deciding my life?"

" If you do not become my kind, you will aged and died. I will be alone by myself. I can give you immortality and we could be together till end of time."

I sighed," Yes, many will die to gain immortality but not all human think this way. Seriously, M, tell me: are you happy all this centuries? Only endless loneliness and nightfall accompany you. Have you ever miss the time before you become a Pure Blood? The past happiness, the feeling of walking under the sunlight? I hope to walk under the sunlight with my loved one, feel the warmth and breathe in the fresh air. I...." I stopped as I saw sadness in his handsome face and eyes.

"Those happiness, my past?" M muttered to himself.

"I will be willingly to hear you if you choose to share with me." I reached out to his cheek as I could not bear to see those sad expression on M. I prefer his evil and naughty looks.

There was a sudden softness and confusion in him. He opened his mouth but suddenly, he hugged me. "Go back into the castle, we have company coming. They managed to come here."

They? I also sensed some strong aura from far. "There are 2 of them." After hearing M's sentence, I saw 2 silhouettes in the distance from the moonlight. As they advanced closer, I saw their faces. The taller one was muscular with brown hair and green eyes. He donned a black armour suit and he had a red whip. He looked around my age and was handsome. The slightly shorter man had blond hair and green eyes. He resembled the taller male but he looked chubbier and cute.

"Who are they?" I whispered in M's embrace.

"They are the Culleningham." M spoke and his gaze never left the 2 people. " Dongwan, go into the castle first. They can't enter due to my barrier."

The Culleningham, I remembered that they are a very famous noble clan or they were better known as - the Vampire hunters. Vampire hunters were the arch enemy of the vampires. Vampire hunters seek out their target in the night and they were merciless. The Culleningham was  the most powerful and skillful vampire hunters clan. 

"Well, welcom my rare guests to my humble abode." M spoke sarcastically.

" Tonight, you will face your death." The taller man spoke in a low gruff voice.

"JJ, save your breathe in talking to this creature and let go." The shorter man advanced first. JJ Culleningham, the famed No 1 Vampire slayer. Rumours had it that his mother, a Culleningham, fell in love with a vampire. So JJ Culleningham was a half human and half vampire. Due to his unique parentage, he had special power and no wonder he was the fearless and formidable. I had the honour to see him in real life.

"Sun, wait. That is my prey." JJ stopped the shorter male, Sun.Sun was JJ's cousin and he was quite famous himself for being a prodigy at a young age.

JJ waved his whip and it came to us at lightning speed. Before it could hit M, I was pushed aside whole M was floating above ground. M shot a golden light at JJ but his dispersed the light with a single whip. I was amazed at JJ as I had tasted that attack before and I was totally unable to fight it. This time, Sun also joined in the fight and he raised his hands into the skies, sending several shiny cross towards M. They were silver crosses, a deadly weapon against vampires. M managed to dodged the spinning cross and was at a distance from them. M glanced at me and motioned me to get into the castle.

I refused as I did not want M to be slain by them. I knew that M was very strong but I could not help feeling worried for him as his 2 opponents were the famed vampire hunters and they were no less weak. While I was lost in my thoughts, I heard swinging noise towards my direction and instinctively, I dodged. I saw Sun was glaring at me and summoned more spinning crosses at me. Wait, did he assume that I was a vampire as well? 

Great, it time for me to exercise myself since I could use my spells here. I summoned my talisman to counter the spinning crosses. I held one between my right index and middle finger, standing in my defence stance when a figure came to me. M was standing in front of me and he easily hit away the crosses. 

"Go, I can handle here."

Looking at his broad back, I had mixed feeling. M had just risked his life to protect me. " M, I want you to stay alive."

M turned his head at me and seemed very shocked. Next, his expression overcame with a smile," Don't worry, my dear Wannie. They could not hurt a single hair of mine." 

M just gave me a pet name at this critical situation?! But I loved his aggorant expression just now. " Ya, I am not worry about you and I am not Wannie!"

"Your end is now." JJ cracked his whip and I saw that it had changed to silver. Oh no, is this the legendary weapon that had terminated countless vampires and it was the most powerful weapon of Culleningham. I heard that the weapon had its own spirit whereby it could power up upon meeting strong vampire. M flung me far away and met the attack head on.

This time, the whip bounded M and I wanted to rush forward  to help M. I had taken a few steps before seeing M freed himself from the restraint. I saw some wounds to his face and hands but they healed instantly. I was definitely very shocked. I knew that M was strong but I did not know that he was this strong! I recalled that the higher breed of vampires had healing power but once their heart was pierced, it was the end, for the heart could not heal itself.

"You can't escape this time." Sun came towards me and his spinning crosses were coming again. I smirked and chanted my spell. I summoned a Phoenix and it soared against the crosses. Soon an explosion was heard and my Phoenix was going after Sun. Sun was shocked at my summoned spirits and he quickly summoned more crosses. I could not underestimate this cute little boy beacuse in the next moment, my Phoenix was gone. Sun had a triumphant look on his innocent face and sent his crosses at me. I dodged them but sadly, one of them hit me and I felt blood trickling from my neck. 

I cursed at the innocent boy and tumbled backward. Sun made me angry and I am going to make him pay.