Chapter 35 - Only Love (Part 9)

The Pre-existence Seekers

King Minu smirked," I was puzzled why mother send for me at this time and mentioned that she had a very important and urgent matter to discuss with me."

So the wicked old lady conned me to be here and she spiked my drink with '' drug (*O*)! Thereafter, she got her erted son here. Was she seeking revenge when I rejected her proposal to marry King Minu? She wanted me to agree to the marriage after her son er ahem to me! Noooooo..... I am getting horrified and at the same time very drowsy. I had to protect my ity ('///') now.

"You! You go out now!" I spoke feebly.

King Minu stood still and looked at me, there was a sinister gleam in his expression. I was curling my body up in a feotus position. I felt sudden waves of disconfort in me.

"Wan, you sure you do not require my help?" King Minu came close to me."You will be danger if this continued."

"It will be danger.... If you are here." I tried to stare at him.

"Why don't I accompany you tonight so as not to disappoint my mother." King Minu chuckled and touched my cheeks. Strangely, his touch alleviated some of my discomfort. Unconsciously, I let out soft moan. Oh my gosh, I felt dying immediately on the spot. I am still a bit conscious but I could hardly control my body.

Slowly, his hand travelled down to my neck and collarbones, causing hotness with his touches."Wan, you are so sensitive? Are you feeling hot?" When his hand lingered slightly longer at a spot, I let out moan again.

"Wait!" I struggled to think of something to get out of this situation. " You are the greatest King in the history of Egypt, no one could surpass you in any way in the history. Also you are the respected son of the God of Sun whereby many worshipped you! You are charming and handsome and many pretty women would be dying to give their love to you. You do not have to touch someone like me who are drugged. This would tarnish your reputation as the great ruler! I strongly believed that your taste would not be do low..... I am nothing but a log in bed... No worse still like a corpse..."

I managed to say everything in one breathe. My heart was pounding hard and this was the first time that I had ridicule myself so low and worthless. I am crying and bleeding inside, to think I pride myself as dashing, charming, hard to resist guy....

"Haha..." King Minu laughed out loud and carried me up in bridal style, walking out of the chambers.

"Let go of me." I was pleading him. However, King Minu did not say anything and carried me to the garden. However, I felt secure and nice in his embrace. Ya what the hell I was thinking about?

King Minu kept walking till he came to the pond. Without any alert, he dropped me into the pond. The water splashed and the water was so damn cold at night that I trembled. Luckily, the water was not too deep as it reached my chest level.

"Minu, you are too much!" I yelled at him and showed my middle finger.

King Minu smiled and bent down at me, patting my head. "You don't feel hot anymore right?"

I did not realize it until he mentioned. True enough, the hotness in me was gone after the dip in the pond. I felt a lot better now.

"You could be more gentle and not so brutal." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Fine." He smiled at me but rather devilishly. " I get it. Next time, I will do it in the way you want it." He even winked at me!

"There will never be a next time!" I shrieked.

King Minu stood up. " It had been a interesting and unforgettable night. I am turning in now." With that he turned and started to walk.

" Hey Minu. What about me?" I was horrified that he was leaving me in the pond like this.

" You?" He turned back and raised his eye brow at me," if you hope so, I could carry you out but I could not guarantee that I can control myself against you." King Minu looked at me seriously. I was stunned at his sudden seriousness till I spotted him trying to control his laughter.

"Jerk. Go." I scolded him.

"I think you should remain here and cool down." King Minu waved while he walked off. I could see that he was still trying to control himself from bursting out in laughters.

"You are a total jerk!" My loud voice echoed in the garden. I am very pissed off. How could a noble and great Pharaoh behaved like this! I sweared that I would take my revenge for this insult.

I do not know how long that I was in the pond while I cursed and sweared at King Minu. I felt that the heat in my body was gone and my energy restored. While I was thinking how to get out of the pond, I heard footsteps coming in. I strained my eyes and stared at the shadows and realized that they were the guards. I was elated and I called out to them.

"Messenger of Bastet. Why are you here?" One of the guards asked me.

"Thank you for helping me." I thanked them while they helped me out of the pond.

"His Highness send us here for you. His Highness mentioned that you are plucking the lilies at the pond. We were wondering if it was true." I felt my lips quivering. Plucking lilies? Who in the right mind would be plucking lilies in the middle of the night! Only stupid Minu would come up with such a lousy idea! But come to think of it, he did not take advantage of me earlier....

                                  **************************************

Soon, I learnt that Hittites had invaded some smaller empires and were becoming more aggressive in their conquering. King Minu had decided to lead the war himself against the Hittites to maintain the situation near Egypt. He planned to divide his troops in 4 groups and to land in Kadesh area. This divisions would come to form a critical role in the battle. However, King Minu did not know that this battle was to be his one and only one losing battle.

Before leading the battle, it was a ritual for King Minu to cleanse himself in the sacred Temple, followed by performing a ritual to the various gods to pray for a winning battle. Today, King Minu seemed a bit distracted and was deep in his thoughts. I stolen glances at him and his gaze caught me. I quickly looked down.

"Your Highness, please enter to cleanse yourself." Andi spoke.

King Minu nodded and glared at me," You, come in."

Me? I looked at King Minu weirdly? But his expression did not seen to be joking.

"You should get in quickly." Andi spoke to me coldly and gestured a priest to hand me the items that King Minu required for the ritual.

"Me, I don't think I should be doing this."

"You are Messenger of Bastet and who could be more suitable than you to go in?" Andi seemed irritated at me.

Cleansing. Wait! That meant bathing? I could not think much further when Andi pushed me inside. I stumbled inside and saw that the pool was very posh and luxurious. Before I could admire it, I saw King Minu inside the pool and I dared not looked at him except to look down at my own feet.

"How long do you intend to stand there like a statue?"

I quickly took the robe and stretched it out to King Minu without leaving the sight of my feet.

"You expect me to wear it when I am wet?"

"Aishi, can't you dry yourself?" I took the towel and started to dry King Minu without looking at him.

"What are you doing?" I heard his roar and gripe on my wrist. I looked up and saw his tanned well toned chest, going down, I accidentally saw the 'chilli'. Oh no, I saw that thing which I should not be seeing.... My eyes arrgghhh....

i shifted my gaze and met his. He smirked and took the towel from me "I think I better do it mysf." I felt relieved after King Minu was dressed up. While I was adjusting his robe, he held my left wrist gently," this scar was from that incident?"

I looked at my left wrist and realized that I wore my bracelet on my right wrist instead. The reddish scar on my left wrist was visible. " I am okay, this scar is not on my handsome face. I can't inflict a scar on Warrior as revenge right. He did not mean it anyway." I pouted. 

The corner of King Minu's mouth curved upwards and he gave me his most charming smile. King Minu wore his crown, armour suit and donned his weapons. He really look majesty and courageous.

"It is time for the ritual." I bowed to him.

I noticed that King Minu wanted to say something but he stopped.

"Warrior is ready to go for the battle?" 

"If not, should I bring you along? Or are you dying to follow me?"

"I was just asking only." I sulked a bit

"Though Warrior had grew close to you but he still obeyed me. I needed you to stay here." King Minu's expression seemed grave. " If anything happen to me, my country will be in chaos. The prince is still young and the ruthless officials may seized my kingdom...."

" I understood. I will try my best to protect your loved one. Queen Torya, Queen Nafada, Prince... I give you my words that I will ensure their safety with my life. You will be alright!" I interrupted King Minu.

"My loved one...." King Minu mumbled.

"Come, it's time for the ritual." I turned and led the way. Before I could take a step, I was pulled and fell into a warm brace like falling into hot spring. "Minu... What..." I tried to speak.

I felt a hot breathe at my ear, and I heard a husky voice," You have to be safe to wait for my return." 

I felt a warm queer feeling in me. Minu, you will be alright and I will be alright too. Do not worry......