Chapter 43 - Dark Love (Part 3)

The Pre-existence Seekers

In the night, I tossed and the soft large bed, unable to fall asleep. Suddenly, I heard the room door creaked open and someone walked in. I closed my eyes and pretended to be sleeping and sensed that the person was sitting on the bed. The person sighed and I tensed up, Edward! Just recalling that he and Lynn were involved in .... I felt my heart skipped a beat, I hoped it was not what I was thinking about.....

"Lynn, my dearest Lynn." Edward whispered and my hair. I was stupefied by Edward's actions as he continued to call out to Lynn and my hair. I bit my lips and endured his advances. If I had to find the blood drop marking, it was now or never. 

Suddenly, I turned around and stared widely at Edward. He did not seem to be surprised but chuckled," I knew you aren't asleep yet. Do you remember when we were younger? I used to sneak into your bedroom and you alway scared me with this action. This trick will not work on me anymore."

I just stared at Edward. He bent down and kissed my forehead," Lynn, it is good that you to be back. I miss you." With that Edward left the room. 

I saw his fading figure and I felt both disappointed and relieved. I wanted to see his body but was afraid what Edward will do to me.

I had been here for 2 days but I did not have my opportunity to look at Edward's body. I wanted to sneak in while Edward was bathing but he did not allow anyone near his room while he was bathing. Plus he had soldiers standing guard outside his room and I dared not force my way in.

However in the evening, Edward sent someone for me. I was to go to his room. When I stepped inside, I saw Edward having a serious meeting with his subordinates and I turned to go. Edward stopped me and gestured me to come into the room.

"Duke, who is next?" One of his subordinates asked.

Edward held onto a scroll and looked into the distance. I saw that power thirst in his eyes.  " I will lead the troop for the attack to conquer this place." I saw Edward pointing to a map which was spread on the table." But we have to take down this place first as well as they were alliances."

" Duke, I heard that the people are not pleased with Max whom you sent to govern the town. The people are displeased with his ruthless governance."

"Oh? So how the town?" Edward raised his eye brows dangerously.

"Well the town is in order of which credit goes to Max's ruthless governance. However, the displeasure is getting stronger."

" Easy. Just appease the people and it will solve all our problems." Edward's smiled evilly.

"Duke, you mean..."

"Sent my order: To behead Max. To appease the people." Edward spoke out coldly and without any expression.

"Duke, you order Max to be ruthless while sending him to rule that town..."

"You just follow my order will do! Go!" Edward's face darken and all the subordinates ran out of the room panickily.

Just the short conversation sent shivers down my spines, this man was indeed bold, decisive and cold blooded...

Edward saw me standing at a corner of the room and gestured me to go over to him. He pulled my hands and sat me on his lap and circled his arms around my waist. "My dear Lynn, how are you these 2 days?" Edward's warm breathes was on my neck. Though I was uncomfortable in this position, I could only nod my head.

"If only I could hold you like this forever, keep you by my side.... But," there was hesitation in his voice and a slight pause before he continued," Lynn, for me, for the great Italy, I had to let you marry Duke Raymond."

I looked at him silently. For his power thirst, Edward once again forced his sister to marry someone else. What a heartless man! To attain his goal by sacrificing his sister. If the real Lynn was here, her heart would be shattered again.  I just could not stand Edward's action for hurting Lynn though he was Eric hyung's past life. How totally different they were.

"You are so mean. How could you send me to another marriage again...." I tried to squeeze out a tears, which after great effort, landed on his palm. I sensed Edward tensed up and hugged me tighter.

"It will be the last time Lynn. I promised that this will be the last time. I will not do so again. Forgive me.... I will made you stay by my side... Forgive me...."

"You are really heartless. I just want to be with you and I did not want to go anywhere, away from you." I continued with my acting to torture Edward. To punish him for being such a rouge towards Lynn and to hurt Eric hyung! The sadder I cried, the more torturing it would be for Edward.

Suddenly, Edward carried me and the next moment I was plonked on the bed. Edward lie on top of me and showered kisses on my face. Instinctively, I pushed him away and Edward appeared shocked. "Lynn, don't you love me anymore?"

I was lost at this sudden move and I could only pretend to cry. This was the best idea that I could think of at the moment. Well, no man could withstand a woman crying. I think. I myself could not withstand a woman crying or being sad.

"Lynn, I know that you hated me for what I had done. Trust me, I still love you. It breaks my heart for me to send you away to other men!" Edward sighed. " Go rest early Lynn. We are setting off tomorrow to meet Duke Raymond."

When I reached my bedroom, I blamed myself for being so stupid. I did not seize the opportunity earlier. Tomorrow, me and him would be setting off for the marriage with Duke Raymond. Edward was indeed a cad! To me, tonight was the only chance that I had to save Eric hyung's soul! Else I would not know when will I be coming back here.

I rummaged my room and found a small knife. I hid it in my braided hair and I decided to go to Edward again. No matter what, I had to succeed tonight. Eric hyung's life was more important than my life.

It was past midnight when I was outside Edward's room. I took a few deep breathes to calm my nervous feeling. After a while, I turned the knob and entered into the room.

"Lynn." Edward was surprised but happy to see me. Edward came and carried me in his arms," why are you barefooted? Do you feel cold?"

I stared at Edward's emerald green iris and spoke slowly," I love you."

I could see warm glow from his eyes and he started to plant kisses all over me when I was gently put on the bed. I could only told myself to endure all his advances. I opened my eyes and smiled at him while I started to his shirt. Edward grabbed my hands and smirked at me," when did you become so impatient?" But he did not let me speak but place my hands on his chest," Lynn, did you feel it? My heart only beat for you, solely for you!"

It was a rather touching moment but not to me. The man in front of me would not hesitate to sacrifice anything to attain his goal and power. He would not allow anything or anyone to get in his way! Edward would perish in the near future, perished for his beloved land. Perished due to his ambition! I felt sorry for him now. If the females were longing for their Prince Charming, Edward would definitely be out of the category. He was like the dark flame! You could not receive any warmth from this dark flame and you would only get hurt.

Edward continued to guide my hands to roam over his body while whispering sweet nothings in my ears. I was cursing him to stop doing all this stupid actions and to hurry up in removing his clothings. "Edward." I withdrew my hands from his and resumed to his shirt. I could only hope that the blood drop mark would be at a prominent place.

Edward grabbed my hands again and tighter. " Someone is getting really naughty." Edward locked my hands by my sides while he started kissing again. I cursed again that this ert was wasting precious time doing such thing! I closed my eyes again and endured.

All of a sudden, Edward released my hands and I opened my eyes. My prayer had been answered. Edward had taken off his shirt and I widened my eyes to look all over his body. I heard a faint laughter," Lynn, what is the matter with you today? You seemed impatient and inviting?"

"Er, I just wanted to be with you for tonight because I would not know when we will see each other again." I lied and I really praised myself for my wittiness. "Can you lie down and let me have a good look at you. Just to remember all of you till I return to your side?" I really felt like vomiting when I said those mushy lines. 

I saw Edward's iris turned into a darker tone and I definitely saw lust in the eyes. Looking into his eyes, I felt my palm sweating but I tried to remain calm by faking a smile. Edward flopped us over and he was lying on the bed with me on top of him. 

I supported myself instead and my finger glided over Edward's face, neck, chest and body. I was searching for the mark but I could not find it. I was worried that the mark was at some sensitive part of his body. Oh no? I screamed in my head and blushed.

Edward grabbed my hands and pulled me to him. I suspected he was getting impatient when I stopped. I felt that his body was burning hot. Edward dived to my lips but I blocked his lips with my hand. He was puzzled but I smiled," It is too bright. Can you turned off the light?"

Edward grinned and nodded. He got up and went towards the door. The moment, he turned and I saw the marking on his back. My heart beat madly! I found it.