Chapter 62 - Forbidden Love (Part 3)

The Pre-existence Seekers

After returning to 'Twist of Fate' from M's place, I fallen ill out of a sudden. Hyesung said that this was the after effect of being to the Underworld. Even though I had the bracelet, the aura of the Underworld affected me and so I fell ill when I return to the mortal realm.

I felt my head heavy and groggy but I was enjoying it. You see I am being pampered like a young master. Eric hyung followed my craving and to buy the food that I wanted. Hyesung started to fuss over me like a loving mother. I think this illness was still okay for me.

My thoughts drifted to M, and I had a strange feeling . Maybe I should avoid seeing him for a while because if this continued, what if I fell for him.... What should I do? M was a Pure Blood while I am a human. We would not have an ending and so we should not started with anything.

"Erowan, what did you want to eat today?" Eric hyung's cheery voice broke my thoughts.

I thought for a while," I want chicken ramen from that famous stall at the corner of the street.. But there is alway a super long queue..."

"Okay." Eric hyung smiled," I will be back shortly.

"Eric hyung, you are the best!"

"Yah, who ask you to be my life saviour." Eric hyung lamented sadly but he was ruffling my hair affectionately.

Seeing Eric hyung leaving my room, I looked out of the window and I saw the cherry tree in our small yard. The soft golden sunlights showered on the pinkish petal, emitting a sense of peace and tranquil. Time seemed to have slowed down and everything became slow paced and lazy. The cherry blossom gave out a faint sweet scent which flew to my nose.

"Want to go for a stroll?" Hyesung's low voice sounded.

"Teacher." I squealed in delight and happily nodded," But I am feeling weak with little energy."

Hyesung looked at me and bent down. He scooped me up in his arms and I was shocked. Instinctively, I held onto Hyesung's neck.

"Er Teacher...." I whispered in embarrassment. In my 20 years of memories, this was the first time that I had such intimate moment with Hyesung; despite the occasional hugs... I felt so warm and happy.

Hyesung easily carried me out of the house and into the yard," Sit here." Hyesung placed me under the cherry tree and the ground was covered with a thick layers of fallen cherry blossoms. Hyesung went into the house again before he came out with a blanket to cover me. Hyesung was different today and I felt slightly uneasy.

"Teacher."

"Hmmn."

"You are not opening 'Twist of Fate' today?"

"Hmmm."

"But what if we have clients seeking our help?"

"It will not happen anymore."

"Huh?" I was stunned," What about the last task?"

Hyesung looked deep into my eyes but his gaze seemed to pierce through me and into faraway place.

"Erowan. Teacher. You are here?" Eric hyung came bouncing to us and shook the plastic bag in his hands," Erowan, eat it while it is still hot."

"Yeah." I stretched my hand happily but Hyesung took it.

"Be careful, it is hot." Hyesung said calmly," You are alway so careless." Hyesung started scooping the food and blew at it before feeding me.

I was shocked. Hyesung was feeding me!

"Why aren't you opening your mouth?"

" Er." I quickly opened my mouth and ate the food and I looked at Eric hyung. He was equally surprised. What is wrong with Hyesung?

Hyesung did not seem to have noticed our atonishement but continued to feed me. After I ate the last scoop of food, I saw sadness flashed across Hyesung's face," Dongwan, when you have fully recovered; you had to complete the last task." 

"The last task?" I was still thinking of Hyesung's word when Eric hyung interrupted," Teacher, I will go for the last task. Erowan is still weak."

"Eric, you are not doing the last task." Hyesung resumed his serious tone," Dongwan had to do this."

"Just let me do it. Erowan is..." Eric hyung exchanged a look with me.

"My word is final!" Hyesung glared at Eric hyung," Dongwan had to do this."

"I will do it." I gestured Eric hyung to remain quiet," it is the last task and how difficult can it be? Don't forget that I been to the Underworld. I am the almighty Dongwan... Keke." I tried to lighten the mood.

Hyesung patted my head and left the yard, without saying a word.

It had been about 2 weeks and I am recovering well. However, the last client had not turn up and I wondered where would the destination be? Thinking of it, I felt a sense of lost because, I would not be able to do time travel and visit the historical place and the famous people.... Maybe it would good as well so that I would not feel the hurt and heartache.

I wondered how M was doing because I had not venture out since I fell ill. I walked to the window and wanted to close it, retiring for the night when a sudden chill hit me. Next, I yelled when a white slim hand grabbed my wrist. Before I could yell out, the owner of the hand emerged and came into my room.

"M!" I quickly covered my mouth because I did not want Hyesung to find out. M grabbed my wrist tightly while worries showed in his eyes," You are ill?"

"How did you know?"

"If not for Eric, I still would not have know that you are ill." M tugged at my wrist and I fell into his embrace. M moved his hands over me," What illness you had? Are you feeling uncomfortable anyway? Here? Here? Or here?"

I struggled out of M and glared at him. "Stop being touchy ok. You need to use your mouth and a..."

M gave me an evil grin," Your wish is my command." Thereat, his lips swept over my face," you said use my mouth..."

"You! I wanted to say use your mouth to ask!" I rolled my eyes. " You better leave before my teacher see you and it will be disasterous. My teacher is very powerful and you are not his match."

"Relax. It is no big deal if your teacher see me. We just fight it out to see who is better." M smirked," Wannie, you are worrying for my safety."

"I...." I hesitated," Yes, I am worried for you because you are my good friend."

The disappointment in M's eyes was not unseen by me.

"M, I know that you travel all the way to my time for me. Whenever I am in danger, you will come to rescue me no matter which dimension I was. I am very grateful and touched. You are a kind person but as I mentioned, there is no outcome for us. M, stop all your feeling for me because I can't promise you anything in return. This is unfair for you." I blasted everything that had been on my mind but why did I feel aching in my heart...

"Wannie," M suddenly laughed out loud," Promise. My Wannie, don't you know me well enough by now?"

"What?" I did not expect such reaction from M.

"Love, does not require something in return. If it is for the expectation of the return for one to love, then that is not Love! There is no regret in Love. Love is all about giving and not expecting; Love is seeing the person that I loved being happy and I will feel the bliss. This is the Love that I am seeking." M caressed my face," Do you understand now, my dear Wannie?"

I did not speak because I was afraid that I was unable to control my tears.

"Wannie, why have you turn silent?" M lifted up my chin and gave me a wink. " Touched by what I said? Then marry me."

I was about to scold M for ruining the ambience when a cold voice sounded," Dongwan will not be with you!"

Fear struck my heart and I turned around. Hyesung was standing outside my door. I am a goner, Hyesung saw M....

Hyesung shot his hostile glance at M and there was a sparke of bright light in his iris. On the other hand, M became serious and stared at Hyesung. There was awkwardness in the air or rather vacuum. A doomsday feeling was what I felt at that instant.

"Teachet, M is not a bad guy." I started and gestured M to flee.

Not long after, that sparkes disappeared in Hyesung and the usual cold expression returned," You came in the end."

M was surprised while I was confused.

"Maybe it's is fate. All will be revealed soon. The past should come to a close now." Hyesung continued to speak in the manner that we could not understand.

"Teacher, what are you saying?" Eric hyung questioned too after seeing him rushing into my room.

"All this while, I am sure that you want to know the reason for Time travel and complete tasks just the sake of a tears drop. Then let me answer you that, all this will be unveil after the last task is done. Everything will end and the truth will be out." Hyesung paused and looked at M," 12 midnight in 2 nights' time. Come."

"Me?" M asked but nevertheless he acknowledged.

I really did not ubderstand. It was obvious that Hyesung disliked M but why did he invite M here, 2 nights later. Will something happen then? I hope that Hyesung and M did not result in a PK session....

                              ******************

It was 11pm, 2 nights later. I was sitting on the sofa, wondering about the reason for getting M here.

"Dongwan, get prepare to set off."

"Teacher, there is no client."

"Yes, there is no client for this."

"But, what task will Erowan need to do?" Eric hyung was curious too.

"I can't say anything for now."

"What! Teacher, you can't be kidding me right? I mean how can I complete this last task?"

"Dongwan, it's your decision whether to go or not." Hyesung looked at me," what I can say is that you will have answers to all your questions after this last task."

"I will go." To be honest, I was extremely worried because I had never experience this situation before. Unknown task, unknown destination but after this, everything will end and truth will be out. I did not want to waste this chance.

The double coloured iris held complicated emotion. Hyesung nodded and chanted.

Eric hyung came and hugged me," Erowan, be careful. If there is any danger, just come back. It is okay if you never know the truth as I did not want you to come to any harm."

I nodded," Eric hyung, if M was to turn up later. Don't let them be alone with each other...."

"Noted." Eric hyung patted me.

My bracelet warmed up but the heat was extremely scorching like I was burning up. " Teacher, it... Hot... Painful...."

Hyesung stopped chanting and hugged me strongly. I felt my bones were going to break and I heard Hyesung's hoarse voice," All this will come to an end... I promise. All will end, our punishment will end. Your life will change. Dongwan, remember this: think carefully before you act! You must remember this..." I did not catch the last part because I lost conscious.