Chapter 1-- Introduction

The Pre-existence Seekers

Now its the beautiful early Spring in Seoul, a vibrant and busy metropolitan city. Hidden in a deserted alley, followed a short sandy path and passing through a little park with cherry blossom. Turning to your left, you would see a cosy double story shop house with black roof and white walls. Tilting your eyes up, you will see these words,  'Twist of Fate'.

'Twist of Fate' was the name of a cafe and it was also the place that I worked at. I am Dongwan, a 20 years old Unniversity student.

In this city where drinking coffee was a part of the culture and lifestyle, it was not hard to find numerous cafe joints operating around here. 'Twist of Fate' was a cafe and naturally we served coffee and pastries but beside selling coffee & sweets, we had another business. A special kind of business that dealt with the past lives and this lives. Yes, your hearing was fine and you did not hear me wrongly.

There was a saying: whatever destiny that we face in this life is pre–determined by our past lives, or commonly known as Karma. Once you did something or started the 'cause', no matter how many time you reborn, you will have to taste the 'outcome'. It seemed pretty helpless and unfair?

How do you overcome it or avoid it? I have the ability to alter your Karma. I will need to travel back to your past life and stop you from starting the 'cause' and thereafter, your this life will be changed.

Will it be expensive? Well, not a single cent will be charged to the clients and a tears drop from the clients was all that required as the repayment of the service provided. Don't ask me why, cause i am not the one pricing the services.

In order to go to past life, which sounded bizzare, therefore time travel is the only way? Yes you are right. My job was considered simple and yet difficult, Time travel.

Am I the sort of time traveller as depicted in the Hollywood blockbuster movies? Not really like that and I prefered to call myself as the Pre–existence seeker.That sounded much more cool than Time traveller, though. Jiang Jiang...  ^_^

Before any further question, well, I like to make a little tiny whiny clarification here. Actually, my teacher was the one knew how to do the time travel thing. My teacher was the owner of 'Twist of Fare' and he was also considered as my teacher, my boss and also my father. Because, he raised me up since young. I do not know anything about myself except that I am an orphan, I guess. So my teacher/boss/father was my only next of kin that I had.

By the way, my teacher/boss/father had a beautiful name as like his appearance, Hyesung (meaning cosmet).Since young, I hardly see him laughed and thank god, I had never seen him in terrible bad mood. He was alway so calm and relaxed as if nothing in this world can affect him. From my memories, the only time that Hyesung (I preferred to called him this way as teacher/boss/father was too mouthful and formal) had much expression was when teaching me about spells & charms, communication with the spirits and subduing the demon or evil. He would be encouraging me to do my best or nodded in please if I had done well.

Apart from his name and gender, I did not know a single thing about Hyesung. I did not  know his age, nationality and any other things. (*_*)?

By the way, there were 3 of us manning 'Twist of Fate', namely Hyesung, myself and Eric Hyung. Eric hyung was an Asian although he had an English name. Hyung was tall, dark and handsome, with short hair and large brown eyes. He was a few years older than me and he was a warm and cheerful person. Perhaps so, he had many girlfriends, changing one after another, till I lost count.  (~_~)||  We grew up together and we were very close as though we were blood-related brothers. Likewise as my teacher, I did not know much about his background like where is he from and why he was working here etc as he was already with Hyesung when i was adopted.

Eric hyung was talented and smart and he had been doing time travelling for sometime, started at a younger age than me. Hyung's clients had various interesting pastlives and they could found in any era or any countries. Well, according to Hyesung, I will be graduating soon and joining Eric hyung in mission too.

Will language be a barrier for travelling to the past and foreign places? Well, Hyesung had taken care of that issue. Before Eric hyung embarked on his mission, Hyesung will give him a small pill to consume. With this, he could understand and speak the language of the places that he was in. However, the effect of the pill only lasted during the mission and it was useless in present time. Arrgghhh, if only the pill worked at all time! So that I would not have to study so hard, cramming my brains in my language classes. Actually English classes to be precise... I enrolled for the course as there were so many cute and pretty girls in the English faculty in my University. Hey, don't you dare call me Erowan like Eric hyung!  T_T   Which handsome young man wouldn't like to look at pretty cute girls huh like the way the fan girls screamed and squealed upon seeing the lengendary K Pop idol group, SHINHWA....

Did I mention that I would be able to start my time traveller and lived up to my name of The Pre-existence Seeker? Well, I will be graduating the day after tomorrow! I am so looking forward to that day that I would laughed in my sleep this 2 days.  *\(^_^)/*   After hearing the wonderful experiences from Eric hyung, I am dying to start my mission as soon as possible but Hyesung said that he needed to do some preparation work before I could officially be a full fledged Pre-existence Seeker. Well I hope that my very first client's pastlife was in an era or place that I am interested in so that working would be a breeze for me. Isn't it so!