let the games begin

Another Love Story

"Let the games begin!!" The principal said through the microphone at the fun fair. 

 

 

 

Bom, Top, and Mason were starting in the Child Baton Relay Race. Each parent had to run from one point to another with their child on their back and then pass it off to the husband or wife at the next point. They had to run two laps. 

 

 

 

"Ready....." One of the teachers said. 

 

 

 

 

Mason and Top looked at each other and did a 'fighting."

 

 

 

"Set......" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They looked at Bom and gave her a thumbs up. 

 

 

 

 

"GO!" 

 

 

 

 

 

All the husbands sped off with Top and Minhas husband in the lead. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Come on Seunghyun ah!!!" Bom cheered at her checkpoint. The moms were waiting at checkpoint 2 for their husbands and their children. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Here here here here. Take him quick!!" Minhas husband said reaching the moms. 

 

 

 

 

 

"See you at the finish line Bom ah." Minha said before dashing off. 

 

 

 

 

"Aish chincha." Bom cursed before Mason and Top reached them. 

 

 

 

 

"Palli!!!" Bom said as she took Mason. She ran off closing the gap between her and Minha. The husbands cut through the circle to get back to the first checkpoint to wait for the second lap. 

 

 

 

 

Bom ran as fast as she could with Mason on her back fnally catching up to Minha. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Omma we're gonna win!!!" Mason cheered. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Of course we are sweetheart." Bom smiled as she ran.

 

 

 

 

 

Another couple that Bom didnt know surpassed Minha and Bom both and was in the lead, but Bom didnt care. She just wanted to beat Minhas family. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Go!" Bom said giving Mason to Top. 

 

 

 

 

"You cant lose to them!" Bom heard Minha say to her husband. 

 

 

 

 

 

The wives quickly scurried back to the second checkpoint. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Top and Minhas husband battled it out on who was going to get second place. 

 

 

 

 

 

Minhas husband beat Top by a few feet in passing their children off but Bom quickly closed the gap and lead them to finish before Minhas family. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kim Family wins!!! Park family second place, Song family third place!!!" The teacher said as the wives passed the finish line. 

 

 

 

 

 

"YEAAAHH!!!" Mason cheered jumping up and down. 

 

 

 

Top ran over and hugged them both as they all cheered in glee. 

 

 

 

 

"Pabo yah." Minha cursed at he husband. 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom and Top were hugging when she opened her eyes and noticed how close she was to Tops face. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ehem..." She cleared and went to the next contest with Mason holding her hand. Top smiled to himself before walking after them. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you sure you wanna come?" Young Don asked Minzy as they walked in to the hospital.

 

 

 

 

"Yeah, i feel bad if i dont come and see her. I mean, she must be pretty sick if you had to miss our anniversary." Minzy said bitterly. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah, you said you were over that." He told her as they walked to Lee Hi's room.

 

 

 

 

"I am." Minzy said innocently. 

 

 

 

 

 

The two walked into Lee Hi's room. They saw her eating and watching TV. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hi yah." Young Don said when they walked in. 

 

 

 

 

"Oppa!" She smiled. Her smile soonfaded when she saw Minzy walk in behind her.

 

 

 

 

"Annyeong. How're you feeling?" Young Don asked her. 

 

 

 

 

"Um, fine. Why are you guys here?" Lee Hi asked. 

 

 

 

 

"We came to see how you were feeling." He answered. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh, thank you. Im fine though." She said not taking her eyes off of Minzy. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-RING RING- 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh, hold on. I have to take this." Young Don said picking up his phone. "Oh omma." He said as he walked out into the hall closing the door behind him.

 

 

 

 

 

"So, Lee Hi, are you sure you're ok?" Minzy asked trying to make it less awkward. 

 

 

 

 

 

"What do you think you're doing?" Lee Hi suddenly said crossing her arms. 

 

 

 

 

 

"What do you mean?" Minzy furrowed her eyebrows. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you stupid?" Lee Hi coldly said. 

 

 

 

 

"Excuse me??" Minzy crossed her arms. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What dont you understand?? You need to leave him alone. Now. Im back, for good. I thought you guys wouldve been done when he stood you up the day of your anniversary." Lee Hi responded. 

 

 

 

 

Minzys mouth opened completely dumbfounded but she didnt get a chance to beat the living daylights out of Lee Hi because Young Don came in at that moment. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Mianhe. Omma called." Young Don said to the two girls. "Lee Hi will you be alright? Me and Minzy have to go. We have work soon." Young Don said. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Deh oppa. Call me later ok?" Lee Hi smiled. 

 

 

 

 

"Of course. Feel better." He patted her shoulder before Minzy and him left. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom and Top were eating with another family that Bom and Mason were friends with. Mason and his friend Haru had gone off to play by the pond with the fish. 

 

 

 

 

 

"So how did you guys meet?" Hye Jung asked as she fed her husband Tablo a piece of watermelon. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Well, um, He- er," Bom stuttered. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Well I had leg pains and so i went to the hospital and hwak!" He snapped his fingers, "she fell me for immedietly." He said. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah." Bom looked at him. 

 

 

 

Top ignored her and continued. "And so i told her i wasnt interested her in that way but she just would not leave me alone. And so i pitied her and finally agreed to go on a date with her. And somehow, i guess i kinda fell for her." Top said. 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah, thats what happened with me and Hye Jung as well." Tablo said to Top. 

 

 

 

"Yeah, women are like that." Top nodded. Hye Jung and Bom both hit Tablos and Tops heads. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We would like to announce first, second, third, and fourth place for the games today." The principal said through the microphone. 

 

 

 

 

"First place, Kim Lee Sol, Kim Su Joon, and their daughter Kim Yi Soo!!" The principal said. Everyone clapped and the Kim family stepped out and bowed and thanked everyone. 

 

 

 

"Second place, Park Bom, Choi Top, and her son Gong Mason!!" The principal said. Almost everyone in the school knew what had happened to Boms family so no one questioned why the three of them had different last names. 

 

 

 

 

"Mason we won!!" Bom cheered as she hugged Mason. Top put his arm around Bom and hugged them as well. 

 

 

 

 

"Third place, Kang Hye Jung, Lee Tablo, and their daughter Lee Haru!!" Everyone cheered for them as well. 

 

 

 

"And finally fourth place, Song Minha, Song Young Suk, and their son Song Young Jae!!" 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom and Top smiled to each other happily clapped for the Song family. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

-KNOCK KNOCK- 

 

 

 

 

 

"Coming!" Dara said in her apartment with the girls, Mason, and Top. After the competition, Top dropped Bom and Mason off at Daras place and Dara invited him in much to Boms protests. 

 

 

 

"Ommoni!" Dara greeted Jiyongs mom who was at the door. Dara walked her in to the living room. 

 

 

 

 

"Ommo Bom!" Hai Lee omma said when she sw Bom.

 

 

 

 

"Annyeonghsayo Ommoni." Bom bowed. "Mason ah, bow to ommoni." Bom said to him. 

 

 

 

 

"Annyeonghasayo." Mason did a 90 degree bow. 

 

 

 

 

"Aigoo, who is this?" Hai Lee omma asked. 

 

 

 

 

"My son, Mason." Bom answered. 

 

 

 

"Aigoo, so lovely." She gushed. "Tabi!" She noticed Top. 

 

 

 

"Ommoni!!" Top ran and hugged her. 

 

 

 

"So big." Hai Lee omma smiled. "And who are these two lovely ladies?" She gstured towards Minzy and Cl. "Omo!! Aren't you Cl???" 

 

 

 

Cl blushed and nodded. "Deh." 

 

 

 

 

 

"Dara yah. I didnt know you were friends with Cl!" 

 

 

 

"Well, i am." Dara laughed. 

 

 

 

 

"And whos this?" She asked towards Minzy. 

 

 

 

"Gong Minzy imnida." Minzy bowed. 

 

 

 

"Aigoo, yeopo yeopo." Jiyongs omma said to Minzy as she clasped her hands together. "Oh right! I almost forgot why i was here." She giggled as Dara handed her a glass of juice. "Gomaowo Dara yah." She said drinking it. "So, every year, Tabis family, my family, and four more of Jiyonggie and Tabis friends go on a trip to Jejudo for two weeks. And this year, since me and Hyo Jin are the only women there, we talked it over and decided to invite you as well Dara." Hai Lee omma continued. "But since I see these other three girls here, it would be even better if they came along as well." Hai Lee omma explained. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Deh? You want us to come on your family trip with you guys?" Dara asked. 

 

 

 

"Deh! The house we rent out every year is big enough for all of us and me and Hyo Jin omma thought it would be a good idea to invite you as well. What do you say?" She told them hoping they could accept. 

 

 

 

 

"Ommoni, are you serious?" Top asked. 

 

 

 

 

"Of course! Why wouldnt i be?" She answered shushing him. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Um, ommoni. I dont know..." Dara looked at the other girls for help. 

 

 

 

 

"Oh come on! It will be so much!" Hai Lee omma said to them. 

 

 

 

 

"Ahh...guys?" Dara asked the other girls. "What do you think?" 

 

 

 

 

"Come on guys. Ommoni came all the way here." Top urged them. 

 

 

 

 

The girls thought for a bit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ahjumma, can i go too?" Mason asked Jiyongs mom. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Aigoo of course!! You have to come Mason!" She smiled at him sweetly. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Omma! We have to go!" Mason told Bom. Bom smiled and looked at Dara. "What do you say Dara? I can take a couple days off from the hospital." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah, and i can get a substitute for my class." Minzy added. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"And my vacation starts next week as well." Cl said. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara looked at Hai Lee omma and nodded. "Arasso, we'll go." Dara smiled. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wonderful!!! We leave Monday, everyone should come meet at our place arasso? We live in the building right next door, room 13, floor 5." Hai Lee omma said. "Make sure you pack your bathing suits and other things!" She said super happy. 

 

 

 

 

"Deh ommoni." Dara smiled.