Dara

Another Love Story

"Dara. What happened?" Jiyong asked her. 

 


"It's none of your business Jiyong. Just drop it ok?" Dara sat down and rubbed her head. 

 


"Drop it? Sandy Lee, the most famous model in America disappears for six years and then I meet her as a boxer going by the name Dara Park? How the hell am I supposed to drop that?" He crossed his arms. 

 


"Jiyong. Please. Not now." She shook her head. 

 


"Why can't you tell me what happened? Why did you disappear?" He asked her endlessly. 

 

"I SAID DROP IT JIYONG." She screamed. Dara sighed and buried her head in her hands. 

 


Jiyong shook his head and sat down on the couch. 

 

 

"Dara let's go!" Bom yelled from outside of the door. 

 


"Coming." Dara emotionlessly said back. Dara sniffed back her tears. 

 

 


"Get out. I have to change." She told Jiyong not looking up.

 

 

 


"I'm gonna find out." He said before walking out.

 

 

 

Dara let the tears finally come out and she sat on the floor and le out everything she was holding in.

 

 

 

 

 


---------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you for coming girls. These women need some cheering up." The lady that ran the shelter greeted them.

 


"Of course. We're glad we could help in any way." Cl said handing her the charity box. 

 

 

 

The lady put and the box into the table and looked at a Dara before hugging her.

 

 

 

"It's good to see you Dara." The lady said. "How've you been?" She said real easing their hug.

 

 

 

"Ok, thanks to you." Dara smiled slightly. The lady smiled back and continued talking to everyone else. 

 

 

 

"The girls are in the main hall, their rooms, basement. Pretty much anywhere." The lady said opening the doors for them. 

 

 

 


The models walked in and saw a few women watching TV, cooking, feeding their children, and sleeping on the couch. 

 

 

 


"These girls come here to find a safe haven until they can be on their own again. The ones with the children have it the hardest." The lady explained. 

 

 

 

"Omma!" One of the children cried. 

 

 

 

"Shhh. It's ok honey." The mother hugged her son.

 

 

The models all walked in and were introduced one by one.

 

 


"Oh my god it's Cl." The ladies whispered too shocked to say anything else. 

 

"It's really her!" 

 


"She's even more beautiful in real life." 

 

 


"She's my role model!" 

 


The ladies kept whispering about Cl. 

 

 

The girls each went around and talked to the women. Bom and Dara were listening to one of the girls stories of why she was here. 

 

 

"I kept telling him to stop, but he wouldn't." The lady cried into her hands. "No one could hear me screaming and if any one did, they were too scared to help. He ripped my clothes off and tied me up. It hurt so much. He wouldn't stop no matter how much I cried and kicked. No one would believe me."  She continued to bawl thinking of the painful memory.

 


Bom hugged the woman and cried along with her.

 

 

"And now I have to always remember what happened to me because that bastard got me pregnant." Another lady said. 

 

 

"Why the hell is this happening to me?? I don't deserve this. I'm only 23!! I tried to be the best person I could be, I really did. But, this, I don't understand. How could this happen to me??" Dara heard another girl say to Minzy. 

 


Dara could feel her breath quicken and she felt her eyes start to sting with tears. She put her hand over and walked away to the door. 

 

 

Cl saw Dara walk towards the door and went after her. 

 

 

"Unni you ok?" Cl placed her hand on Dara's shoulder. 

 


Dara breathed heavily and shook her head. "No. I have to get out of here. I can't handle this. Mianhe Chaerin ah." Dara said teary eyed. 

 


"No it's fine. Don't be sorry. Do you want one of us to come with you?" Cl asked worriedly. 

 

"No. I need to be alone." Dara said walking out. 

 

 


"Is she gonna be ok?" Minzy asked walking over to Cl after Dara left.

 

 

"I'm not sure." Cl shook her head with concern watching Dara walk to the parking lot. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Excuse me." Bom said to a different girl she was now with. She went to pick up her phone. 

 

"Yobosayo?" Bom answered. 

 


"Omma!" She heard Masons voice on the other end. 

 


"Aigoo my baby! How's your time been with halmoni and haroboji?" Bom asked. 

 

 

"It's been great but kinda boring too, can I go with Top hyung?" He asked. 

 


"Bwah? Top hyung?" She furrowed her eyebrows. 

 

 

"Hey babe." She heard a masculine voice on the other end. 

 


"Top?" She asked in confusion.

 


"Who else?" He smirked back at the fashion show hall with her parents and Mason. 

 

 

"Yah, what's going on?" She asked. 

 

 

"Bom ah, your friend Top here wants to take Mason to some fun places so me and your father can have a date night. Isn't that sweet?" Her mom suddenly said on the other line now. 

 

"Huh?" Bom was so confused. 

 

 

"So if you wanna take Mason home, call your Top arasso? He's taking Mason. Bye sweetheart, we love you!" Her dads voice said. Bom couldn't protest or even wrap her head around what just happened because they hung up before she could do anything. 

 

 

"What the hell?" She looked at her phone.

 

 

 

 

"So are you good friends with Bom?" Boms mom asked Top. 

 

 

"Deh, we're super close." He lied smiling. 

 

 

"Oh chincha? She never mentioned you before." Her mom said. 

 


"She thinks I embarrass her." He chuckled.

 

 

 

Boms parents smiled with him and they reached their cars. 

 


"Mason, be good arasso?" Halmoni said to Mason.

 


"Deh halmoni." Mason smiled before kissing his grandparents on the cheeks and running to Tops car. 

 


"There's a reservation at Kim Restaurant for two in the Choi Mall. Please enjoy your date there. Just tell the manager that you are Mr. Chois guests." Top said to Boms parents as he buckled Mason in. 

 


"K-Kim restaurant?? That's so expensive!! We couldn't possibly take that reservation!" Boms mom gasped. "What do you do that you can spend money like that?" She asked. 

 

 

"Well....it's kinda my mall." He said shyly.

 

 


"You're Choi Sang Taes son???" The parents gasped. Top smiled bashfully and nodded. 

 


"Daebak. We couldn't possibly take Choi Sang Taes sons reservation." Boms dad said. 

 


"Aniyo aniyo abeoji. Please don't think of me as Choi Sang Taes son. Please just think of me as Choi Top." He smiled. 

 

 

"Wah chincha. Thank you Top shi." Boms mom thanked. 

 


"Of course. Just think of me as your son." He smiled.

 

 

"Of course of course." The parents smiled before they all got into their cars. 

 

 


"Chicnha Bom. She did so well this guy! He is so nice and thoughtful!" Boms mom gushed about Top. 

 

 

"Mhm. He's seriously perfect." Boms dad agreed. 

 

 

"OMO! I have to go home and change!" Boms mom suddenly gasped. 

 

 

"Wae?" He asked. 

 

 

"It's Kim Restaurant! I look like a total ahjumma right now! I have to put on something fancy!" She explained. 

 

 

"Yeobo, you look beautiful no matter what." He said before kissing her hand. 

 

 

Boms mom smiled. "Gomaowo jagiya." 

 

 

 

 

 


------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

"Stupid !" 

 

 

"I won't hurt you, I just wanna play a little bit." 

 

 

 

"This will be our little secret arasso?" 

 

 

Dara thought of the things she had once heard. 

 

 

She walked along the busy streets of Seoul in deep thought. She had turned off her phone because she just wanted to be completely alone. 

 

 

She decided to go to the academy to release some anger. 

 

 


She unlocked the doors with her key and walked inside hollow building. She only saw one light on in the entire building, YG sunbaes office. She changed into her shorts and t-shirt and put on her hand gloves.

 


She first started by just tossing the punching bag around with her fist but as she built up more anger, she punched much harder and harder. She needed this. 

 

 

Dara needed to release all the anger she had been holding in. She punched and thought of everyone she hated and everyone who had hurt her. 

 

 

She panted but wouldn't stop. She didn't want to stop, she couldn't stop. 

 

 

"Ahhhhh!!!" She roared before punching the punching bag right off its chain. 

 

 

The lights flung on and she looked at the door and saw YG clapping for her.

 


"Jaraso. Good job." He clapped as he walked towards her with a bottle of water. 

 

 

"What are you still doing here sunbae?" Dara panted taking the bottle and sitting with him.

 

 

"I run the academy. What's your excuse?" He smirked. She didn't say anything and just stared down at her fingers. 

 

 


"Is he bothering you again?" YG asked.

 

 

"He's never left me alone." She responded. 

 

 

YG nodded understandingly. "You know, I knew this girl once. When I met her at first, I was thinking, 'No way. This girl wants to be a boxer?'" He said. "But she told me her story and so I pitied her. I said, 'Hey, let this prissy, over tanned, fancy finger nailed Barbie do it for a little.'" He continued. 

 


"She never had a tan thank you very much." Dara corrected him. 

 


"Fine. She didn't have a tan." YG chuckled. "But anyway, as time went on, she only got worse. She didn't even know what the ring was." He shook his head. "So I told her she , and you know what she did?" 

 

 

"Humor me." Dara smirked. 

 

 

"She put all her effort into becoming the best and forgetting who she was. But now when I look at her, that old girl is coming back. The one who couldn't stand up for herself, the one who kept reminding herself of the past. The one who couldn't let go." He said. "Remember who are now Dara, not who you were. If you forget who you were, the rest will be as if they never happened." YG said before giving her a little pat on the back and leaving to go home. 

 

 

Dara sat and thought about what he said. 

 

 

"Remember who are now a Dara, not who you we're if you forget who you were, the rest will be as if it never happened." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

-DING DONG-

 

 


"Coming!" Daesung said. He opened the door and saw Bom smiling at him. She had left wanting to eat dinner with her Mason.

 

 

"Annyeong Noona!" Daesung smiled. 

 


"Annyeong Daesunggie." She smiled back. "Is Mason here?" She asked. 

 

 

"Mhm. Me, hyung, and Mason were watching koreas next top model." Daesung explained. 

 

 

"Oh god." Bom sighed.

 

 

"Omma!" Mason exclaimed when he saw Bom.

 

 

 

"Did you have fun?" She asked smiling. 

 

 


"Deh! I love Top hyung and Daesung hyung." Mason said. 

 

 


Bom smiled and ruffled his hair. Top walked out of the bathroom and jumped a little when he saw Bom. 

 

 

 

"You're here." He said.

 

 


"Mhm." She nodded. "Mason go get your bag and put on your shoes." Bom told him. 

 

 

"Deh." He said as him and Daesung went to gather his things leaving Bom and Top alone. 

 

 

 

"Um, thanks for taking Mason. He gets pretty bored with my parents sometimes." She said awkwardly. 

 

 

"Yeah no problem." He said. "Why is it so hard to talk to her now??" 

 

 

"Thanks Daesung hyung." Mason said walking out of the room. 

 

 


"Of course Mason, come any time you want." Daesung said. Mason hugged the guys and was walking towards the door when a paper dropped from his back. 

 


Top picked it up and looked at it. 

 


"Bom, what is this?" He asked. Bom turned around and looked at the paper. 

 


"Oh. It's this family fun fair that his school does every year. The kid and the rest of the family come and play games and compete against other families for the 'best family' title." She explained softly. 

 

 


"Do you guys usually go?" He asked.

 

 

"Well we went last year, but...we couldn't really compete in anything because, well, most of the games need two parents and one child...." Bom said quietly so Mason couldn't hear. "Mason doesn't want to go this year..." 

 

 


"Oh." Top slowly nodded. "When is it?" He asked. 

 

 

"This Saturday at 5." She replied. 

 

 

"Arasso...." He nodded. She nodded back. 

 

 

"Well, thanks again guys." She smiled before they left.

 

 


"Daesung, can you get me my phone?" Top asked him. 

 

 

"Mhm." Daesung handed Top his phone. 

 

 

Top dialed someone's number. 

 

 

"Oh, Eunji yah." He said to his assistant. "I need you to cancel all my appointments after 4 on Saturday." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 


When all the girls and the models at the shelter were eating dinner, Cl excused herself and went to make a phone call. 

 


She called Dara but she never answered. 

 

 


She called someone else. 

 

 


"Yobosayo?" A mans voice picked up.

 

 

"Oppa, are you at your parents right now?" Cl asked.

 

 


"Yeah, we just finished dinner, waeyo?" Jiyong asked. 

 

 

 

"Dara told me she lived across from them. Are the lights on in her apartment?" Cl asked. 

 

 

Jiyong got up and looked across to her house. "No, why?" 

 

 

 


"Can you go over to her place and see if she's home? She left the shelter a while ago and she hasn't picked up any of my calls and I'm really starting to get worried." Cl explained. 

 

 


"Oh arasso, I'll go check. I'll call you back later." He told her. 

 

 

"Thanks oppa." Cl said before they both hung up.

 

 

 

Jiyong walked out to the balcony and jumped over to Dara's. 

 

 


"Dara?" He knocked on the back doors. No one answered. 

 

 

"Dara!" He said shaking the door handle. He shook the handle and the door opened. He looked around and peered inside. 

 

 

"Dara?" He whispered. The lights were off and no one answered. The took one more look around and slowly walked in. 

 

 

 

He the lights in her room and walked out. No one was home. 

 


"Dara??" He looked around one more time. He went back into her room and was about to leave when he saw a book on her desk. 

 


He opened it up and read the front cover, 'Sandy Lee. Model? Or Angel from Heaven?'

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong looked through the pictures and smiled at them. 

 

 

 


The wind shut the doors shut and Jiyong heard the front door open. He gasped and ran to the light switch to turn it off and then to the doors but they were stuck and wouldn't open. 

 

 

" ." He cursed. He looked around and spotted her closet and decided to hide in it.

 

 

He went inside and hid behind some clothes. 

 

 

 

 

Dara walked into her room and took her jacket off. Jiyong could see her from a crack in the door and saw that she was starting to change. 

 

 

He saw her take off her shirt and he covered his eyes but his hormones couldn't help themselves so he peeked through his fingers. He saw her bare stomach and her cleavage under her black bra. 

 

 

Jiyong slapped himself and covered his eyes again. He peeked again to see if she had changed and was relieved when she had. 

 

 


Dara walked to the door and tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. 

 

 

"Damn door." She cursed before kicking it open. 

 

 

She walked out and sighed and let the warm summer wind blow through her. She came back in a couple minutes later and walked to her closet. 

 

 


Jiyong started to pray for his life because he was sure this would be the night he died. 

 

 

Dara opened her closet and out fell a soon-to-be-dead Jiyong. 

 

 


"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Dara screamed. 

 

 

 

 


"Annyeong." Jiyong waved cutely lying on the floor.