I kept my promise, didn’t I?

My perfect boyfriend~

“Shouldn’t you be smiling? We’re going to announce your engagement. I remember that time when you were so in love with Niel,” your mom asked you as she your hair.

You winced at the memory when Niel hurt you so badly. However, none of your parents knew what you’ve went through. And being you, you would definitely not tell them what kind of a person Niel was before. You hesitated as you watched your mom combing your hair in the mirror.

“Mom, can I not marry Niel?” you asked like a kid.

“Then, who do you want to marry?” your mom sounded amused.

“Jo Kwangmin,” you blushed as you thought of him.

“Are you talking about my best friend’s son?” your mom laughed.

You nodded as you played with your fingers.

“I don’t mind dear, in fact I like him. However, this deal is between Mr. Ahn and your dad. I don’t have a say in this,” your mom sighed.

“I asked dad already… he doesn’t want to cancel the marriage. He says it’ll benefit both the companies and also benefit me in a way since he thinks Niel is such a …good person…” you mumbled.

“Your dad has good intentions, dear,” your mom softly comforted you.

You sighed as well as you stared at your reflection in the mirror. You were in your sky blue dress, ready for a company dinner which your parents have organized. You were wondering why they made extra effort to dress you up for this dinner. When you asked, they said that the media would be present so you would have to be extra pretty for this dinner.

“Ladies, are you ready? The car is here,” your dad knocked on the door.

You nodded and sighed. You went into the car, sadly.

--

Mr. Ahn helped Niel with his bowtie as Niel stared nervously in the mirror.

“You should smile, dear. We’re going to announce your engagement to the media. Didn’t you want that?” Mrs. Ahn said as she his hair.

Niel nodded and tried to smile. *Will the plan work?* Niel thought anxiously. Mr. Ahn smiled as he patted him on the shoulder. Mrs. Ahn walked out of the room with her husband. Niel paced around anxiously. Just before Niel could face the mirror, Mr. Ahn walked into the room again.

“Son, please do remember that the media and reporters are present during the dinner so no funny business,” Mr. Ahn spoke sternly.

“I understand… dad,” Niel spoke.

“Very well, I’ll see you downstairs. Hurry up. We don’t want to keep you fiancé waiting, do we?” Mr. Ahn spoke before heading out.

Niel sighed and turned to the mirror, stressed. He faced himself and searched for something in his eyes, which he didn’t even know what it was.

“Jo Kwangmin, you better do your part of the plan,” Niel muttered under his breath as he styled his hair in the mirror.

--

Mr. Kim snapped his fingers and immediately, the light dimmed. He went up on stage with a card in his hand and made his speech. The music died down gradually as all eyes went to your dad who was proudly standing on the stage. You crouched down a little as you saw him. Your mom squeezed your hand and gave you a assuring smile.

“Good evening to all my fellow colleagues, family members and friends, welcome to K. Enterprise’s social dinner. Actually, the main reason for the gathering today is to share excellent and proud news. As you all know, there were news about my daughter getting married with the son of Ahn. Company,” Mr. Kim paused for a while as he scanned the floor for Mr. Ahn.

Upon seeing him, he smiled and nodded.

“I’d like to announce that they would be engaged as soon as they end high school and would be going to College together,” Mr. Kim said.

Everyone clapped and some cheered. You frowned a little but forced yourself to clap for the sake of media. The reporters rushed your dad for questions which were gladly answered. You sighed a little as you turned your head to search for Kwangmin. Instead, you met eyes with Niel who was looking at you. You gave him a quick smile before looking away. Niel approached you and stood next to you.

“I know you’re not enjoying this,” Niel whispered in your ear, letting some reporters take photos of the signs of affection.

“I guess I’m just not fated with Kwangmin, huh?” you bitterly said.

“Don’t worry, I talked to Kwangmin. We have a plan,” Niel spoke.

*Plan?* you thought. Just before you could ask, someone pulled your hand away to join your dad on stage to snap some photos. Then, Niel and Mr. Ahn went on stage to take photos as well. Kwangmin watched from afar. He met eyes with Niel who only nodded back at him. Kwangmin looked away and looked at his watch.

“Please hurry up,” Kwangmin muttered under his breath as he eyed the doors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVdSl0E0hqU

(Kelly Clarkson – The trouble with love)

Then, all the commotion died down as the music continued to play. You and Niel went down the stage together as some reporters still managed to snap photos. You saw Kwangmin at a table with Mr. Jo and Mrs. Jo. Youngmin was missing but his absence was the last thing you would want to worry about. Just as you were to make your way towards Kwangmin, Mr. Kim cleared his throat.

“Why don’t you dance with Niel?” Mr. Kim suggested.

You reluctantly looked at Niel who also quiet. He nodded and held out his hand for yours. You took his hand as he brought you to the dance floor.

 “I’m sorry,” you sighed.

“For?” Niel spoke as the both of you swayed slowly to the music and cameras were on you.

“For making use of you and for hurting you like this. I feel so bad. It’s as though I’m asking you to kill yourself for me,” you mumbled as you leaned against Niel’s shoulder.

“I would if I have to. I think I’ve made you suffer enough in the past, it’s the least I can do for you,” Niel smiled bitterly.

“Aren’t you tearing inside?” you asked quietly.

Niel nodded. You punched him a little and he chuckled.

“I’m not going to lie to you, I am actually suffering inside,” Niel laughed.

“You’re not helping me,” you rolled your eyes.

“I was finally getting over you and actually I almost believed I didn’t need you to live but, you smiled at me and ruined it all,” Niel spoke.

“So, you’re blaming me?” you replied.

“Yeah, kinda,” Niel chuckled.

“So much for making me feel better,” you grumbled.

“Can you promise me something?” he quietly muttered.

You nodded.

“Answer this question that I’m going to ask honestly, don’t consider my feelings in your answer,” he explained.

You nodded again.

“Would you try to fall in love with me if this arranged marriage continues?” Niel hesitantly asked.

“I-I… It’s not that I hate you, Niel… In fact, you’re like my closest friend now, helping me during my depression. The thing is… I want to fall in love with you, but I’m afraid of getting hurt, afraid of lies and afraid that I’ll end up with tears in my eyes,” you mumbled.

Niel nodded and chuckled.

“That’s all I needed to hear. Thank you for trying,” Niel sounded amused.

You tried to smile but ended up sighing as you continued dancing. You watched Kwangmin who was watching you back. Kwangmin gave you a warm smile and gave you a sign which looked like; “wait”. You looked at him questioningly but he just smiled and winked at you. You laughed a little, making Niel startled. You apologized quickly before looking back at Kwangmin.

“Does he make you happy, ____?” Niel hesitantly said.

“Yes,” you said.

“Good,” he laughed.

You couldn’t help but laugh along and smiled a little. *Yeah, laugh like that… I kept my promise, didn’t I?* Niel smiled. Then, the doors opened and in came Youngmin and 4 other guys and a couple of people who looked like trouble.

 

Who do think they are? OOOOHHH *dramatic music plays* HAHA, sometimes I wondered if I did meet Kevin woo but then, I found out that Kevin Woo was tweeting in Korea HAHAHA~ So yeah, case closed. It wasn't Kevin -__-

Comment please <3 Subscribe if you have yet to!^^ Tell me what you think!

Deanny.