Niel’s effort

My perfect boyfriend~

It had been over 4 months since the Jo family left you. Not a single call from Kwangmin. After getting a call from your school regarding your change in behavior in school, your appa and umma had to return from their business trip in Japan. They made you move out of the Jo family’s house with much persuasion. You cried almost every night when you thought of the words you said to Kwangmin. Regardless, Niel still constantly checked up on you, making sure you were fine.

In school, everyone was talking about you; about how you cheated on Niel with Kwangmin, about how you cheated on Kwangmin with Niel. Everything you did was wrong. Your ‘fan club’ was growing weak. You don’t think you even had a ‘fan club’ anymore. To you it meant that, you weren’t sure you even had friends in the school anymore… Kwangmin’s ‘fan club’ blamed you for his disappearance. Everyone was wronging you. Everything was wrong. The only thing that didn’t go wrong was your studies. Your studies always kept your mind off things you didn’t want to cry over. Niel protected you from rumors. Teen Top were your bodyguards now.

You had lunch everyday in school with them. You would talk from time to time. It was an improvement. The first few weeks, you were practically like a mute in school.

“_____, do you want to go out after school?” Niel spoke during lunch when Teen Top was busy discussing.

“Yeah, ____! Let’s get new clothes, you’ve grown so skinny. You need new clothes,” Chunji winked at you.

Normal girls would scream and die over his smile. You just shrugged and looked away. You weren’t normal. You were depressed.

“That’s it. Since ____ won’t say anything, we shall drag her along,” L.Joe smiled cheekily at you.

“Yay! Are you happy, noona? We’re going to go out! Let’s go karaoke!” Ricky cheered.

“Wow, it’s a long time since I’ve been there,” C.A.P spoke.

“Yeah, noona, you should spend time away from thinking about… Studies,” Changjo decided not say ‘Kwangmin’.

You sighed and nodded. They cheered and smiled at you. Niel glanced at you quietly. *Although it isn’t much, it is an improvement since he left. It’s still very obvious that you can’t forget him. If only… It’s okay ____... Just hold on there. I’ll get him back for you* Niel spoke in his mind.

--

After school, like usual, you would slowly pack your things after you took down the notes. You would slowly look at the empty seat next to you. Like always, your eyes will start to well up with tears. Your heart kept aching at the sight of the empty seat next to you. Then, a voice snapped you out of your deep thought.

“Noona! I was looking everywhere for you!” Ricky came in running with Changjo by his side.

They knew you were going to cry so they quickly made a ‘grand’ entrance which would always cause you to forget about your need to cry. You smiled a little at the sight of Ricky running to you like a little boy playfully with Changjo. Then, L.Joe and Chunji came in. C.A.P followed behind them. Niel went to your table and smiled warmly at you. *Well… at least I still have some guardian angels around me… Thank you…* you sighed and thought.

Teen Top brought you to Myeong Dong. One of the shopping districts in Seoul. One of the places you didn’t really like going.

“Let’s get for _____ new clothes!” Chunji dragged you to one of the boutiques and decided to get you many dresses and shoes and you can imagine it…

L.Joe and C.A.P picked hats for you. They remembered Niel telling them how you like wearing beanies a lot. Niel smiled as he saw you smile a little when Ricky rushed to you while Changjo wanted to give you scarf. Ricky and Changjo started to bicker making you smile again. You made eye-contact with Niel who gave you a weak smile. You smiled back and sighed a little.

*How can I be happy now? I can’t stop thinking of him although I have so much to be happy about here…* you thought as you watched the scene of Teen Top trying to do things to help you.

*It may not be much. Keep trying to smile, _____... I’ll keep trying to get him back* Niel spoke softly in his heart as he watched you by the side.

--

That night after Niel sent you home from the outing you had with Teen Top, he went to his dad to ask for something really important; the whereabouts of the Jo family. Niel entered his dad’s study where his dad was having his cup of tea.

“Ah, Daniel. What brings you here?” Mr. Ahn spoke.

“Dad… Can I ask for a favor?” Niel hesitated.

“What is it, son? You aren’t asking for something to get _____ again, are you?” Mr. Ahn raised an eyebrow.

Niel cringe by that remark. Yes, he knew he did bad things to you in the past. That’s why he has to do this to make it up to you. *Not anymore… She has to be happy.*

“Tell me the whereabouts of the Jo family,” Niel spoke.

“Well? I just got off the phone with Mr. Jo a few days ago… It looks like they’re in Japan because due to some business arrangement. They’ll be heading to Taiwan soon,” Mr. Ahn said flatly.

“What? Taiwan? They’re not coming back to Korea?” Niel asked.

“By the looks of it, they aren’t coming back for a long time. How does this concern you?” his dad asked.

“It’s just… that… never mind,” Niel sighed and turned around to exit the study.

“Wait, hold on a wait there. I heard that _____’s parents are back in Korea. You know they’re really important people, why don’t you get close to them? It’ll benefit our family’s company,” Mr. Ahn said.

Niel clenched his fist and tried to hold in his anger. *My _____ is facing a terrible depression and that is all he can think of? Money?* Niel yelled in his mind. Then, he remembered that his dad didn’t know what was going on.

“I’ll think of it,” Niel spoke quietly before leaving.

Niel went to his room to think. *The only way for them to come back is after they’ve finished their trip in Taiwan… Maybe, he’ll come back for sure afterwards… Unless, something happened here that would make him come back even if it was for a while. I think to act fast. Think fast. I need to do something about this. I feel so useless…* Niel thought.

Comment! :D

Deanny~