Mutual decision

Love Pain

Hyoyeon went to her doctor with Baekhyun and told him the good news of gaining her memory back.

A little later that day. Someone knocked on the door.

 

Baekhyun stood up from the couch, and opened the door.

“Hyung!” He smiled.

“Baekhyun. It’s nice to see you.” Yunho replied and gave the younger guy a hug.

“Ne. It’s been a while. Come in.” He welcomed the older guy.

“Bakhyunie who..” Hyoyeon stopped on her tracks as he sees Yunho right in the living room. “Oh.. Uh, Yunho oppa..”

Yunho gave her a smile. “Annyeong.” Trying not to be awkward.

Baekhyun felt the tense in the room after the silence and he just grabbed his sunglasses and ready to go out. “I’ll be back in an hour.” He said and closed the door.

 

“So.. Uh, what are you doing here?” Hyoyeon asked.

“It’s been a week since we talked. I just wanted to see how you guys been doing.” Yunho replied.

“Everythings good. You?”

“I.. I’ve been thinking a lot lately.”

Hyoyeon was not sure on how to respond to that because she was forming ideas inside her head that it’s gonna be about her, but she doesn’t want to be ahead. “Oh.” She replied, trying to avoid further discussion.

Hyoyeon was about to leave for the kitchen to get some snacks when Yunho held her wrist. She turned around and went face to face with Yunho.

She was looking up due to Yunho’s tall height. Yunho held her closer to him, one hand on her waist and the other intertwined with her right hand. Hyoyeon was surprised with Yunho’s move. He slowly leans down, closes his eyes and waits until his lips connect with Hyoeyeon’s own.

Hyoyeon’s body stiffened. She could not move, her eyes are as wide as an owl.

Yunho pulled away from the surprised girl. He smiled as he shook his head.

“What did you just do?” Hyoyeon looked away.

“Tell me..” Yunho paused. “What did you feel?”

“Mworago?”

“Did your heart skip a bit?” Yunho asked.

“Huh?” Hyoyeon got confused.

“If it was months ago, that I bravely kissed you like that. I would have treasured it.” Yunho explained. “Hyoyeon.. It’s not the same anymore.”

Hyoyeon was trying to follow what he was saying.

“The first time I kissed you.. I felt electricity. I felt the urge to kiss you more and more, to make you mine.” Yunho recall. “But now.. All I feel is guilt.”

Hyoyeon doesn’t know if she should cry or smile. If it was a compliment or insult, but one thing she knows.. Yunho helped her open her mind. He made her realize her situation.

“Oppa..”

“Hyoyeon, we will always stay the same, but the feelings changed. I.. I don't have that heart-skipping feeling anymore everytime I get close to you. Do you agree?” He asked.

Hyoyeon nodded. “I was trying to bring back the past.. because it was all blank to me. I was too intrigued about what happened between us that I thought I was cheating on Sehun..” She paused.

 “There was no butterflies in my stomach..” She giggled.

Yunho chuckled. “So youre telling me.. you have your memory back?”

Hyoyeon nodded. “And you’re telling me that.. this is over.”

“It didn’t start.” Yunho replied.

“You’re right, but…I think its too late.” Hyoyeon fell on the couch, she lost her energy.

“Mwo?”

“Sehun and I.. We broke up.”

“What?” Yunho frowned. “H-how? Why?”

“He was here the day Baekhyun arrived.. We broke up.” Hyoyeon then suddenly felt the real guilt. That she did not fight for Sehun. That she did not tried to even stop Sehun from thinking of breaking up.

Yunho placed his hand on his waist as he looks up and closed his eyes. “This is all my fault.”

“Ani oppa. Its not. Maybe.. This is good. We needed a time off from each other.” She sighed in frustration.

“Are you sure?” Yunho asked worriedly.

“Ne. Atleast now.. Im not confused.” Hyoyeon smiled. “I’ll return to Korea pretty soon. I hope you do the same. Everyone misses you there.”

Yunho smiled after seeing Hyoyeon smile. “I will..”

 

The week later, Hyoyeon has returned to Korea with Baekhyun and she was greeted at the airport by Yein and Kai.

“Well, look at this.” Hyoyeon smirked seeing Yein holding Kai’s hand.

Yein blushed. “Unnie, Im glad youre back.” She hugged her unnie.

“You have a lot of stories to tell me.” She reminded her younger sister.

“Annyeong noona.” Kai greeted her.

Hyoyeon smiled. “Its nice to see you Kai.” Hyoyeon gave the younger guy a hug as well.

 

Later that day in the Kim residence..

Yein and Hyoyeon were in Yein’s room. Sharing stories to each other.

“So spill.. What happened with Yunho oppa?”

Hyoyeon smiled at the thought of the friendly break up-make up with Yunho. They are in very good terms as friends. Nothing more nothing less.

“Yunho oppa and I are good friends.” Hyoyeon proudly said.

“That’s good to hear.”

“It is.” Hyoyeon leaned closer to her sister and placed her head on the younger girl’s shoulder. “Time and space does help a person Yein. Like what Yunho oppa said.. People stay the same, but feelings do change.”

Yein understood what Hyoyeon said perfectly. It was like what happened to her and Donghae. They just had too much time away that Yein found new warmth from another guy.

 

“Where’s Sehun then?” Yein asked.

“M-mworago?”

“Where is Oh Sehun?” Yein asked once again, starting to get confused.

“He’s not back?” Hyo/yeon asked her younger sister back.

“I thought he was with you?” Yein is now completely confused and alarmed at the same time.

Hyoyeon suddenly felt nervous. Where could Sehun be? If even Kim Yein does not know where his  where abouts are? “Yein.. Sehun and I broke up.”

“Mwo?” Yein almost screamed.

Hyoyeon pursed her lips and looked at her sister. Eyes are watery but she’s fighting back the tears from coming out.

Yein realized the change in Hyoyeon’s eyes. She saw sadness. Yein hugged her sister.

“Whatever it was that got between the two of you.. In the end, everything will turn out well.” Yein advised to her sister. “but.. where could Oh Sehun be?”