Remember me.

Love Pain

“Hyoyeon..” Jaejoong called his younger sister.

“Uhh.. ne? O…Oppa?” Hyoyeon was awkward calling Jaejoong an oppa since she doesn’t remember him.

“I brought you some snacks.” He smiled as he showed her.

Hyoyeon gave him an innocent smile. “Thank you.” She replied and accepts the food from him.

 

Yein entered the door. “Unnie.. You have a visitor.” She said.

Hyoyeon looked confused on the visitor Yein was talking about since at this very moment, she doesn’t know and remember anyone.

The door opened wider and revealed Sehun who still has his cast on his left arm, and the wounds on his face are starting to heal.

Hyoyeon frowned seeing Sehun’s face.   Her head started to hurt.. He looked to familiar for her. Hyoyeon closed her eyes for a moment to clear her head.

Once she opened her eyes, Sehun was already standing next to her hospital bed.

“Noona..” Sehun hesitated to ask first since he knows Hyoyeon will not remember him. “Are you okay?”

Once again, Hyoyeon’s head hurt. “Ahh.” She said and held her head with both hands. “It hurts..”

“Hyoyeon..” Jaejoong walked towards her.

Inside Hyoyeon’s head, flashbacks were coming. It was blurry, she couldn’t understand what she was seeing, and then she heard “Are you okay?” one more time.. The blurry picture in her head turned clear. She remembers Sehun that night of the incident, being beaten up but was able to ask her if she was okay. Her short flashback ended.

Hyoyeon opened her eyes and looked at the people around her. Once she spotted Sehun, she hugged him tight. “Oh Sehun.” She said.

Everyone in the room is surprised with Hyoyeon’s actions.

“Oh Sehun.. You’re okay.” Hyoyeon started crying.

“Noona..” Sehun pulled away from the hug. “You remember me?”

Hyoyeon nodded as tears fall down from her face.

Sehun wiped her tears. ”Thank you.. For remembering me.”

The couple stared at each other’s eyes, and Sehun leaned down to kiss her lips. Hyoyeon smiled once Sehun kissed her, she could never get over his kiss and will never forget the feeling of his lips touching hers.

Jaejoong ran out the room and called his friend Hyunjoong to see Hyoyeons status.

 

Later that day, Sehun never left Hyoyeon’s side and the families of the two are just lovingly watching them. It was truly unbelievable that Sehun is the only person Hyoyeon could remember. The doctor was also astounded with Hyoyeon’s findings. It was an unusual occurrence to have a patient with amnesia remembers one person.

“I have never imagined Sehun to be like this to anyone except for Yein.” Mrs. Oh smiled as she watches his son smile so much while talking to Hyoyeon.

“I agree Jungah. Sehun never really showed a bright side with anyone before.” Mrs Kim smiled as well.

“Hyoyeon changed my son’s personality, and its for the better.”

“They compliments each other well my friend.”

“A couple more years.. I think I’ll hear wedding bells.”

“Indeed.”

 

A week later, both Sehun and Hyoyeon were discharged from the hospital. Sehun still has his cast around his left arm but his bruises were all completely healed, while Hyoyeon was still struggling trying her best to remember anything.

 

On the day of Hyoyeon’s check up.

“Well, everything seems to be okay Hyoyeon.” Hyunjoong told his patient.

“Not really Doctor. I mean, I don’t remember anything.. It’s hard.” She replied.

“I understand, and its sad to say that there is no treatment for amnesia, but I suggest you go through occupational therapy, it helps with trying to gain back memories.” Hyunjoong suggested.

“Ofcourse I will try that.” She tried to smile.

“By the way Hyoyeon-ah…” Hyunjoong started. “I have a colleague in the States that is also specializing in Neurology. I’ve told your story to him since he has been working with various memory loss patients. He is interested on how yours is very unusual and asked me if you wanted to go there and have him regularly see you. He’s actually doing a research on amnesia itself.”

“Oh..” Hyoyeon was surprised with the news and does not know how to react.

“He is well known in the field, and actually had successful therapies with other patients. They have more advance technology and treatment practice there which might make it easier for you to cope.”

“I.. don’t know doctor.” Hyoyeon looked at her brother.

Jaejoong sensed that Hyoyeon was not sure about what hyunjoong is referring. “Uh Hyunjoong.. We will talk about this first as a family, and we will let you know.” He said as he patted his sister’s back.

“Ofcourse. It’s totally your choice Hyo. I’m not forcing you to do it. It’s just so crazy in this field to do researches. I know Jaejoong is aware.” Hyunjoong smiled to make Hyoyeon feel comfortable/

“Kamsahimnida Doctor Kim.” Hyoyeon smiled back.

“Hey, We have been in check-ups for a while, and I’m your brother’s friend. Just call me oppa.” Hyunjoong said.

“ne.. oppa.” Hyoyeon bowed her head.

 

On their way home..           

“Oppa.. Can we go to  Sehun’s place?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Wae?” Jaejoong asked her back.

“I want to talk to him.” She replied.

Jaejoong looked at his sister who was playing with her hands. Hyoyeon was never this kind of person before. She was always proper and formal due to the need to mature earlier than any other girls, but the Hyoyeon right now was very dependent and child-like. It makes him worry.

 

Once they arrived at the Oh residence.

“Hyoyeonie, Jaejoong. It’s nice to see you two.” Mrs Oh invited the siblings inside her house. “What bring you two here?”

“She wanted to talk to Sehun auntie.” Jaejoong answered.

“Ofcourse. Let me just call him. Let yourself feel at home.” Mrs. Oh stepped out from the living room and left the siblings.

 

Once Sehun entered the living room, Hyoyeon stood up and asked Sehun how he was doing. Jaejoong is still in deep thoughts on the way his sister is acting. Hyoyeon was never showy even within the family and close friends, but the Hyoyeon he is seeing is acting so different.

Hyoyeon and Sehun went to the garden area of the Oh residence.

“How was your check-up noona?” Sehun asked.

“It was good.” Hyoyeon rested her head on the table.

“Waeyo?” Sehun patted her back.

“Sehunie.. The doctor asked me if I would want to go to America for treatment. There are more advance technology there and he also said that my.. condition is something new.. that, they wanted to know more about it.” Hyoyeon confessed what she had in mind since she got out of the hospital.

“Jinjja?” Sheun asked.

Hyoyeon looked up and met Sehun’s eyes. She was surprised that Sehun was so close, and with a smile on his face.

“Wae?” She asked.

“It’s cute that you’re trying to ask permission from me.” Sehun smiled.

Hyoyeon blushed. “Should I? I mean… It seems like it would be something new and I would really like to retain my memories.”

“If that is what you want noona. Remember, I’m here to support you, not to stop you.” Sheun said.

“It’s just gonna be a few weeks, if they ask me to stay longer then I would decline.” Hyoyeon smiled.

“Then I would wait for you to return.”

Hyoyeon nodded.

Sehun placed his hand over her head. “Uh, noona will be part of an experiment..”

“It’s a research..” Hyoyeon giggled. “And… I will be the experiment.”

“It’s a huge contribution.” Sehun replied.

 

When Hyo and Jaejoong got back to their house, Yuri was in the living room talking to Mrs. Kim.

“Oh, Yuri. You’re here.” Jaejoong kissed his girlfriend’s cheek and wrapped his arm around her waist.

Yuri was not used having Jaejoong too close to him, not until recently when Jaejoong invited Yuri’s whole family to have dinner at the Kim’s residence. He finally introduced a girl’s family to his parents after a few months of being questioned on when he was gonna be serious with girls. The eldest Kims warmly invited the Kwons to their house and to their family as well. They knew about the Kwon’s status in the society and they were not sure about Yuri during their first meeting, but they saw a huge change in Jaejoong’s personality. The older Kims also knew that Yuri was very hardworking and has a goal in life. They were thankful to her and eventually wanted her to be officially part of the family, but that will be Jaejoong’s decision..

“What brought you here?” Jaejoong asked.

“My umma wanted to give this to you.” Yuri handed Jaejoong a box.

Jaejoong accepted it and looked at her.

 “It’s a little something she usually prepares for special people.” She replied.

Jaejoong smiled.

“So, what happened today?” Yuri asked.

Jaejoong sighed. “I’m worried about Hyoyeon. She.. She’s acting weird.”

“Weird? How?”

“You know she’s different. It’s not my sister.. It’s not the Hyoyeon I grew up with..” Jaejoong sat down.

Yuri sat next to him. “Oppa.. Hyoyeon has amnesia.. She doesn’t remember a lot of things..”

“But still.. She should act the same.. And the way she behaves with Sehun is also different..” Jaejoong took a deep breathe.

“Mianhae… for evesdropping..” Hyoyeon entered the living room.

“Hyo..” Jae stood up, shocked.

“Oppa… I.. I understand that I might be behaving differently or whatever but…” Hyoyeon paused then a tear fell from her eye. “But.. I’m really clueless on how I should be acting. I have no idea if I am doing things I used to do. Im trying to remember, but that’s all I have to do all day then might as well die..”

Jaejoong felt so bad for what he just said earlier.

“Sehun is the only person I remember.. Not even every detail.. I didn’t know he was Yein’s bestfriend.. All I know is that he is my boyfriend. As far as I remember, I could only trust him right now. Oppa..” Hyoyeon cried.

Jaejoong hugged her. “Mianhae… Hyoyeon, Im just frustrated.. Im sorry. Im your oppa, I knew you even when you were born. We grew up together, I was just not used to the Hyoyeon I see now. You can’t stop me from caring too much. Mianhae. Forgive me.”

 

---

With Jessica and Nicole at Jessica’s boutique.

“Have you talked to Hyoyeon unnie recently Sica unnie?” The younger girl asked.

“Ne. We’re actually hanging out this weekend. Wanna join us?” Jessica suggested.

“Ofcourse. I have tons to tell her.” Nicole added.

“Ne, but I don’t think she will be interested. She wont remember anything we say Nicole. That makes me sad. Like, Hyo knows everything about me, even the secrets I already forgot, but now.. She can’t also remember.”Sica was trying different clothes on the mannequin.

A few more minutes of talking, their topic changed.

“Have you heard of Yunho oppa?” Sica asked.

Nicole pouted. “Ani.”

“So, he might not know that Hyo has amnesia.”

Nicole nodded. “The last time I heard about him was from a close family friend..  he left New York already and he have never contacted anyone.”

“I feel bad for oppa as well, but I think he is doing this to make up for everything. I just hope things turn out well, because people close to us have already suffered.” Jessica said.