Frustrations

Love Pain

The next day.

“You look excited.” Jaejoong said as he and his sister walked out of the hotel they are staying at in Miami.

“It’s my first time going to the beach oppa.. I mean.. After the incident, so I don’t know how it is like.” Hyoyeon giggled as they started to walk to the beach. Their place was very close to the beach which made it easier for the two.

 

Once they reached their destination.

“It’s so beautiful here oppa.” Hyoyeon said to Jaejoong who was preparing the blanket on the sand.

“It is. The ones in Korea are different.” He replied.

“Can I go near the water?” She asked.

Jaejoong smiled. “Ofcourse, but let’s eat first before you go in the water okay?”

Hyoyeon nodded and walked away from her oppa.

There were a few people in the beach that time. The sun was shining bright and the air was in perfect flow. The weather was good to Hyoyeon and Jae.

Hyoyeon saw people who were playing volleyball and building sand castles around. She was busy looking at the kid who was digging a hole in the sand when she did not see the person who was walking towards her. The guy was not paying attention infront of him as well when he bumped to Hyoyeon.

“Oh. Im sorry.” The guy said as he reached for her hand.

Hyoyeon squinted her eyes and tried to reached for the guys hand so she could stand up.

“Hyoyeon..” He said.

Hyoyeon tried to look at his face, but he was against the light which made it hard for her to figure out who he was. It was like in her dream… The guy who kept on calling her name and eventually said goodbye without showing his face to her.

Once Hyoyeon found her balance, she finally saw the guy’s face.

“Jung Yunho..” She smiled.

“Hyoyeon.. You’re okay.” He smiled seeing the girl he loves strong and kicking after the horrible incident that happened to her. He wanted to hug her so bad but he couldn’t bear to touch her.

Hyoyeon nodded. “You’re here. How come you never told anyone where you’re at?” She asked bluntly not knowing about the situation Yunho is going through.

Yunho frowned in confusion. From what he remembers, Hyoyeon is mad at him for what happened between the two of them, but now, she is acting like she doesn’t know anything.

“Uhm.. Hyo.. Is everything alright?” Yunho asked.

Hyoyeon covered . “Did I say something wrong?” She asked.

“Ani.. Im just wondering.. To be honest, I thought you would still be angry at me for..”

“Angry?” She asked.

Yunho nodded.

“Yunho?” A voice from behind startled the two.

Yunho turned around to find Jaejoong surprised to see him there. “Hey.. Jae.. Long time.”

Jaejoong stood next to Hyoyeon and scanned his bestfriend. “Is it really you?”

Yunho shrugged his shoulders. “Yes?”

Jaejoong just smiled. He knows everything that happened between the two and it is awkward. He eventually asked Yunho to join them.

 

“She has… amnesia?” Yunho asked as he looked at Hyoyeon who was busy learning new things on the beach.

Jaejoong nodded and stared at his sister as well. “She hit her head bad.. She lost her memories.”

Yunho sighed and looked down. He feels guilty even though he shouldn’t be.

“Hey. It’s not your fault okay.” Jaejoong patted his friend’s back.

“How about Sehun? He’s okay?”

Jaejoong nodded. “Sehun broke his arm but he is recovering.”

“That’s good to hear.” Yunho smiled.

“She remembers him.”

“Mwo?” Yunho asked, trying to process what Jaejoong said.

“Hyoyeon remembers Sehun.. Only him.”

“Oh.. Jinjja? But… how does she know me?”

“Thru news articles.. She’s looking through her past.” Jaejoong said. “We’re actually here for therapy as well as research. They said Hyoyeon’s case is rare because she remembers only one particular person.”

Yunho nodded, still trying to digest the information.

“Yunho oppa.” Hyoyeon said from the back as she walks towards the older guys.

“Ne?” Yunho turned around and smiled.

“You wanna join me and oppa for dinner tonight? Seems like you two needs some serious talks.” Hyoyeon suggested as she grabbed a bottle water and drink.

“That would be awesome.” Yunho replied.

 

During their dinner..

“Have you called back to Korea oppa?” Hyoyeon asked Jaejoong.

“Yeah, but I only talked to Yuri. Yein was busy at the company, Umma and Appa left for grandma and grandpa’s 60th anniversary.”

“How are you and Yuri?” Yunho asked.

“Better than ever… I think we’re getting there.” Jaejoong proudly said about his ever growing relationship with Yuri.

Yunho chuckled. “Years before, I would have not imagine you saying any of these stuffs my friend. Yuri did well on you.”

Jaejoong smiled thinking about his journey with her.

“How about you Yunho oppa? Are you in a relationship?” Hyoyeon asked cluelessly.

Yunho gulped and he met Jaejoong’s eyes who seemed to be surprised with the sudden attack from his sister.

“N-no. Still enjoying my single life.” He fakely replied.

Hyoyeon nodded. “How come you don’t contact anyone back home though? I mean, Nicole told me how much she misses you.”

Yunho sighed. He misses his sister as well, and meeting Jae and Hyo is a huge shock to him too. He left Korea for a reason involving her, but now he is explaining to her again. “I miss her too, but, I’m trying to heal problems at the moment.. also to find myself.”

“Sounds like a huge problem.. I hope you go through it fast. You  seem lonely here.” Hyoyeon smiled and encouraged the older guy. “Let me go to the powder room first oppas.” She excused herself.

Yunho could breathe properly after she left. “That was so hard.”

“Yunho.. I don’t think this is a good idea for now.”

“What do you mean?”

“We’re lying to her!”

“Jaejoong.. I have no plans on telling her what happened back home. Im sorry but the reason I came here is for her to find a way to forgive me. If you feel this is not a good idea then I will stay away once again.” Yunho explained his side.

“You don’t have to run away from this Yunho.”

“She lost her memory! You came here for therapy. Im not gonna shove in information inside of her brain tha's gonna mess up everything.”

Both guys stayed quiet. Hyoyeon came back and felt tension between the two.

“Did I miss anything?” Hyoyeon asked.

Yunho shook his head and looked at his watch. “I’ll be heading out first. I’ve got errands to do.”

Hyoyeon and Jaejoong just looked at him.

“Oh and Hyo.. Just don’t tell anyone back home that you saw me here. Gomawo.” Yunho said and left the shop.

 

The next day.

Someone was knocking on Yunho’s studio door. Once he opened it, he was greeted by a guilty man, Jaejoong.

“Mwo.. Mwohae?” Yunho asked, surprised.

“I.. brought breakfast.” Jaejoong showed the plastic bag.

Yunho opened the door wide for him to come in.

When the two started eating the breakfast Jaejoong brought, the conversation about what happened yesterday opened up as well.

“Yunho, Im sorry about yesterday.” Jaejoong started.

Yunho sighed. “Ani. Im sorry as well. You’re right about running away. I shouldn’t have done it, but I couldn’t think of anything else to make the situation less trouble.”

Jaejoong shook his head. “Ani my friend. It was good you stayed away. Distance and time helps. It might take a while, but it heals a lot of heart aches.”

Jaejoong and Yunho eventually smiled to each other.

Yunho stood up. “I missed you bro.” He hugged his bestfriend comfortably. “Now, about Donghae…” Yunho brought up their friend who had not contacted any of them for quite some time as well.

“The only thing I know is  that Yein… just got together with Kai.” Jaejoong informed his clueless friend.

Yunho was surprised. “Mwoya? How.. How’s Donghae?”

“I heard his out of the country for soccer training. Im pretty sure Yein contacted him already. Yein would let him know.”

Yunho could only nod in daze.

 

Back in Korea.

“Have you heard any news from Hyoyeon noona and Jae hyung yet?” Sehun asked Yein as he placed down the platter of chips infront of her.

“They’ve been attending therapy continuously.” Yein replied.

“She didn’t call me yet.” He replied.

“Sehun, I have something to tell you.” Yein looked at her bestfriend.

Sehun stayed silent waiting for her to talk.

“Jaejoong oppa… told me that.. they met Yunho oppa there.”

“Mwo?” Sehun  asked.

“Yunho oppa is in Miami, and they eventually met him there. It was unexpected, it wasn’t planned..” Yein had a hard time to say those words to her friend.

Sehun looked away, his jaw clenched. Yein can see he was angry, she understands him, but what can they do now. They’re on the other side of the planet.

“Is that why she’s not contacting me in any way..” Sehun asked.

“Let’s not make conclusions.. Unnie doesn’t remember anything..”

“What if she does?” Sehun fired. “She remembered me… There’s a chance she would remember another person.”

“I don’t like it that you’re talking about my sister like that Sehun. She must have a reason for not being able to contact you. Since when did you become like this Sehun? You always understood her.” Yein said getting furious.

“There we go! You said it yourself, I always understood her Yein. Even though I wanted to beat the crap out of Yunho hyung, I didn’t, because I thought of her. I know she would get angry at me. Ive always thought about your sister that I kept every little thing to myself.” Sehun covered his face in frustration.

Yein was lost in words. Never did she know that Sehun was already sacrificing his part.

“I can’t always be the one adjusting Yein. You know what … Its so hard to be in a relationship with noona, but I don’t want to let go. I finally got the girl I love, but why is it such a roller coaster ride. Yunho hyung couldn’t seem to stay away from the picture. There’s a great chance Im gonna lose her to him. I don’t want it to happen, but… it’s just too much now.” Sehun spoke out his frustrations.

“Mianhae Sehunie..” Yein said.

Sehun just sighed, and slowly wiped the tears that formed in his eyes.

His cellphone suddenly rang.

Yein checked who it was.. ”It’s unnie.”

“Go answer it if you want… I’ll be out.” He said and stood up and left his phone ringing.

 

With Hyoyeon. They just got back to the apartment after 4 hours of therapy and research at the hospital.

“I tried calling Sehun three times earlier, but he didn’t pick up.” Hyoyeon let out her worry.

“Maybe he is busy.” Jaejoong said as he took out some snacks from the kitchen.

“I don’t know.. I suddenly feel bad.” Hyoyeon pouted.

 

Later that day.

“Hyo.” Jaejoong opened Hyoyeon’s room door.

“Ne?” She asked.

“What’s that?”

Hyoyeon tried to smile it off, but Jaejoong peeked behind her.

“Yunho?” He questioned her.

“What?” Hyoyeon tried to avoid further more questions.

“Why are you looking through his photos?”

“I.. don’t know.. I find him cute.” Hyoyeon answered.

Jaejoong shook his head. “Ani.. Were not going through that again.. Yun..” Jaejoong paused.

“What again? What happened?” She asked.

“Nothing… Dinner is ready. Let’s go.” Jaejoong walked out from her room.

“Something is up. They’ve been acting all different.” She then looked at Yunho’s picture once again. “Who are you? Why is everyone so secretive when it comes to you.” Hyoyeon frowned.