Not once, not twice, but a lot of times

Love Pain

In one of Hyoyeon’s therapy sessions..

“We’re doing something different today Hyoyeon. It might be more remembering and less headaches which is good and bad at the same time.” The Doctor said.

Hyoyeon nodded and lied down on the bed-like chair following her Doctor’s order.

“Okay. Now, I want you to close your eyes and relax your mind. We are going to have this therapy session with eyes closed throughout okay.” He asked her to do.

Hyoyeon did what is said.

“Tell me what you are thinking about at the moment.” He asked.

“Uhhh.. Nothing really..” She replied.

“Then, tell me what’s been bothering you? Or any curiousities?”

“My past.. Everything is about it.”

“Any recent events..”

“Hmm.. Oh, I know one.. You know Doctor, there is this guy, his name is Jung Yunho and he is my big brother’s friend. We met him here unexpectedly. He came all the way here to stay away from a problem back in Korea, and my big brother just started acting differently when we first saw him. Then these past few days that we’ve been with him… my big brother just said something about not going through a situation again when he saw me browsing through his photos so I’ve been really curious on what happened? I mean, did I date him or what because I’ve also seen articles that connect me with him. I’m just scared to ask him something about that because… I don’t know Im just scared.” Hyoyeon confessed her thoughts.

“Interesting.”

Hyoyeon smirked due to the Doctor’s answer.

“Does his name ring a bell?”

Hyoyeon nodded. “Yes it does. Even before, his name came up..it kept repeating on my mind.”

“Think about his name, events that occurred between the two of you in your mind.“ The Doctor ordered.

Hyoyeon did what was asked. ‘Jung Yunho.. Jung Yunho.. Yun.. Yunho Oppa..’

An image appeared in Hyoyeon’s mind. She started to cringed on what she could remember. She’s getting uncomfortable in her position. ”Yunho oppa!! Help me!” Hyoyeon screamed her lungs out as she opened her eyes and sat up from her lying position. Her breathing became unstable, and drops of sweats are forming on her forhead.

“Hyo.. Hyoyeon. Are you okay?” The Doctor crouched next to Hyoyeon, and held her shoulder.

Hyoyeon kept on breathing deeply with a scared expression on her face. “Yunho oppa.”

“Calm down Hyoyeon. Breath in, breath out.. Follow me.. In, Out..” The Doctor asked her to follow.

Once Hyoyeon found her composure, the doctor asked her to state what she saw.

“I.. I felt a lot of hands.. Holding me… In different parts.. Even the private ones..” She paused. “And then, I saw Yunho’s face.. He looked furious, but.. I know I could trust him.” Hyoyeon revealed.

“Do you remember more about him now after seeing that image in your head?” The Doctor asked as he document Hyoyeon’s reactions.

Hyoyeon closed her eyes, but it was blank. Nothing was coming out off her head at the moment. “No..”

“This is very interesting.” The Doctor responded as he looked at this watch. “Are you more curious about Yunho now?”

Hyoyeo nodded.

“One thing you can do Hyoyeon..Ask him. He has the answers.” He advised.

“B-but I think its too… personal.” Hyoyeon replied, stuttering.

“It’s your own decision Hyoyeon. It will make you more curious, you could only talk to him.” The Doctor started to fix his things. “By the way, I recommend that you try doing this on your own time. It is pretty easy, and I think it is working.”

Hyoyeon stood up and shook the doctor’s hand.

Before she walked out his office, the doctor spoke once again. “Curiosity kills the cat. Talk to him, it is the past.. We’re in the present.”

Hyoyeon smiled to her doctor and left his place.

 

Once she got home, she and Jaejoong had dinner and called it a day.

Hyoyeon lied down on her bed trying to make herself fall asleep but she’s in bed for 2 hours already. She couldn’t get her mind off what she remembered during her therapy.

“Jung Yunho..Jung Yunho..” Hyoyeon kept on repeating.

 

“It’s okay Hyo. I’m here… I won’t let them touch you.. Even lay their eyes on you.” Yunho said to Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon kept on crying as she finds herself secure in Yunho’s arms.

“Yunho..” Hyoyeon opened her eyes.

 

She took her phone on the table, and paused once she saw her background photo. It was a photo of her and Sehun at the airport before she left for Miami. Hyoyeon had her left arm wrapped around Sehun’s waist, and Sehun had his right arm around her shoulders as he lean down and kiss her head.

Hyoyeon found herself smiling as she remembers Sehun. “I miss you Sehun-ah. What are you doing now?”

She went through her phonebook and looked for Sehun’s name. She pressed call.

“The number you are calling is unavailable at the moment. Please try and call later.” The service answered.

Hyoyeon pouted and sighed. She then browsed on her phonebook once again and stared at Yunho’s name.

“Should… I call Yunho?” She asked herself.

She then decided to just leave him a message since he must be asleep by that time.

 

Hi Yunho oppa! I’m assuming that you’ll see this in the morning. I just wanted to know if we can meet tomorrow? – Hyoyeon.

 

Once she sent the message, she went out of her room and went to the kitchen for a glass of water. When she got back, she sees her phone’s notification light blinking.

 

Sure. What time? –Yunho

Breakfast? –Hyoyeon.

Okay. I’ll see you. –Yunho.

 

The next morinig.

Jaejoong opened the front door when someone rang the door bell.

“Yunho? What are you doing here? It’s 7 AM?” Jaejoong asked with a cup of coffee on his left hand.

“Oh. Hyoyeon told me we’ll have breakfast today, so I decided to just come here early so we can all go at the same time.” Yunho replied.

“O..kay?” Jaejoong was confused. Hyoyeon did not mention anything about having breakfast with Yunho.

Jaejoong let Yunho enter as he start to prepare for the unannounced breakfast as well.

 

“Yunho oppa? You’re here?” Hyoyeon was surprised to see Yunho inside the living room. “We could have just met at the pancake house.”

“Well, I woke up early and just decided to drop by.” Yunho replied.

“Oh. Okay? Shall we go now?” Hyoyeon asked as she grabbed her purse.

“Wait, are we not waiting for Jae? He’s just showering a bit.”

“Oh… Yeah.” Hyoyeon replied. Her original plan was just for her and Yunho to go, but since Jaejoong knows about it as well, she had no choice. Hyoyeon just has a feeling that Jaejoong might cover up Yunho. She knows well Jaejoong might lie, because he did lie with a couple of things already.

 

At the Pancake House.

Once the three are done eating, Hyoyeon started her questions. “Yunho oppa.”

“Ne?”

“Well, how do I ask this.. Uh, yesterday.. During my therapy, I actually remembered something about you.” Hyoyeon started.

Both Yunho and Jaejoong were curious on what Hyoyeon remembers. Hyo did not tell anything to Jaejoong yet because she wanted to know it straight from Yunho.

“You… You saved me.” Hyoyeon said. “What happened to me?”

Once again, both guys were surprised. Jaejoong and Yunho exchanged glances.

“Well… You see, you used to go to clubs with Jessica and your other friends..” Yunho was not sure if he would continue. He doesn’t want to remind Hyoyeon of her almost getting . It was a traumatic incident, and Yunho knows that even if she can’t still remember a lot, the trauma is still inside her.

Yunho looked at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong does not know what to do as well. “Hyo.. Let’s not talk about this now.”

“But why? I mean, it is a good thing that I can remember it right? To complete the puzzle?” Hyoyeon replied.

“It’s not something that you would want to remember Hyo.” Yunho added.

Hyoyeon pouted. “But oppa.. I’m curious. You see, I remember that you helped me, not only once… but twice or maybe more but Yunho oppa.. I wanted to know the reason. I wanted to thank you because from what I remember, I felt secured around you.”

Yunho sighed. “It’s just too hard to tell it to you right now. Should we consult your doctor first before I tell you? I just wanted to make sure that your trauma wont comeback.”

“Trauma? So, I had that?” Hyoyeon gained more curiousity.

Jaejoong nodded.

“Was I… ?” Hyoyeon asked as she looked down and played with her fingers.

“How..”Yunho said but was cut off.

“So I was .” Hyoyeon concluded herself. “I remember those hands touching me oppa. I may not have remember the whole thing but I felt everything.” A tear fell from her eye.

“Ani. You weren’t. I was there. I saved you.” Yunho bravely said. “Not once, not twice… but a lot of times.” He said.

Hyoyeon looked up at him.

Jaejoong patted her sister’s shoulder.

“Gomawo oppa.” Hyoyeon felt grateful towards the older guy.

“You’re welcome.” Yunho replied.

--

 

The next few days, Hyoyeon had been seeing incomplete flashbacks. She was overly curious on what she has been seeing and now, she goes to her doctor everyday since she’s been experiencing improvements.

“This is our last week of therapy Hyoyeon. I hope that when you go back to Korea, you would improve more than your development now, but if you ever change your mind.. I would likely want you to stay a bit longer.” Her Doctor said as he walked her out of his office to the waiting area where Jaejoong was at.

Hyoyeon was surprised that her doctor asked that because she has been thinking of staying longer as well. She enjoys the life in Miami. It was very different with how she lives in Korea. Everyone in Korea was busy. Eveything needs to be scheduled for people to meet, unlike in Miami where she can just go and meet people. “Doctor.. What if.. I do stay?”

“What?” The doctor replied with delight.

“I mean.. I do want to stay longer as well. I think Im not ready to go back to Korea yet. I want to return there with full memory.”

“I would not decline this Hyoyeon.”

“But, I need to talk to my older brother first.” Hyoyeon reminded the doctor.

“Ofcourse Ofcourse!”

 

With jaejoong..

“I’m fine with you staying here Hyoyeon-ah, but I need to go back to Korea. I have my job there as well, and Yein is by herself.” Jaejoong reasoned.

“I’ll be okay by myself here oppa.” Hyoyeon replied as she eats her grapes.

“And you do know I won’t let you be left alone here right? No one else can accompany you here. Yein is running a company, Umma and Appa have their own business matters.”

“Yunho oppa is here.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Yunho? Hyoyeon, it’s not a good idea.” Jaejoong said.

“Why not? I mean, Yunho oppa is a good guy.. right? He saved me a couple of times before. I know I can trust him.” Hyoyeon reasoned.

Jaejoong shook his head. “Yeah. I know I can trust Yunho as well, but Hyoyeon… have you ever thought of Sehun?”

“Sehun? Why? He knows Yunho oppa right? He will understand.”

“It’s not that easy Hyo.” Jaejoong sighed.

“I don’t understand you. Why are you worried about what Sehun might think? Sehun will be perfectly fine.” Hyoyeon countered.

Jaejoong left the table and walked away.

“What is wrong with him?” Hyoyeon frowned.

 

Few seconds, she realized Sehun did not answer any of her emails or messages.

She dialed his number once again. “Oh Sehun.. Pick up your phone.”

--

 

Later that night.

Yunho opened his front door.

“And what are you doing here?” Yunho looked down at Hyoyeon.

“Jaejoong oppa is like a pregnant girl. He just totally ignores me at home.” Hyoyeon said as she entered Yunho’s place.

“So youre basically saying, you ran away?”

Hyoyeon smiled at him as she finds her comfortable spot on his couch.

“Feel at home.” Yunho sarcastically said as he went to the kitchen.

 

The two started to watch a movie, but Yunho fell asleep during the middle part. Hyoyeon looked to her right and saw a ever dearly sleeping Yunho.

She smiled at how he had his head straight up even though he was asleep.

Hyoyeon had a time to stare at Yunho, she was fascinated at how good looking the guy is. “How could a girl resist such a good looking man as you are oppa? And you don’t have a girlfriend at this rate.”

 

In the middle of staring at how perfect Jung Yunho was, Hyoyeon’s cellphone rang.

“Ne?” She answered.

“Where are you?” Jaejoong asked on the other line.

“Im at Yunho oppa’s place.”

“Kim Hyoyeon.. go back now. I’ll be waiting for you.” Jaejoong said and hang up.

Hyoyeon found it irritating that Jaejoong was acting like that, but she still followed his order.

She left the tired Yunho asleep as she left note for him and went out.

 

Thanks for allowing me to crash for a bit. Sleep tight oppa. – Hyoyeonie.