Promise me.. You'll be okay

Love Pain

Sehun was found driving to the Jung’s residence. Once he reached his destination, he got out of his car with a frown on his face. No one can stop Sehun at that moment. His anger was taking over him, and this is the first in his entire life.

Sehun knocked at the front door of the Jung residence, and Nicole welcomed him.

“Sehun? What are you doing here?” She asked. It was unusual that Sehun visit them.

“Where's hyung, noona?” He asked.

“He’s inside. Wait, are you okay?” Nicole asked.

“Ne.” Sehun replied simply.

“Come in, I’ll call oppa.” Nicole opened their door bigger.

“Ani. This won’t take long.” Sehun replied.

Then out of nowhere, Yunho appeared behind Nicole and walked forward.

Sehun frowned as he saw Yunho, and the anger he kept inside was getting into him once again. He clenched his fist and took a deep breath.

Sehun gave Yunho a hard punch on his right cheek.

“Mwoya!” Nicole shouted as she helped her brother balance due to the unexpected attack from Sehun.

Yunho wiped his bleeding lip.

“I never thought you could do that hyung. Hyoyeon is my girlfriend. We’re like family hyung. You've crossed the line.” Sehun shouted.

Yunho knew what Sehun was talking about. He knows it was his fault so he wont fight back.

“I know what I did was wrong Sehun. I took advantage, and I’m really sorry for that. Don’t blame Hyoyeon, she’s also surprised of what happened. Let out all your anger to me, hit me more. I deserve it. I apologize for my actions.” Yunho answered with a calm tone.

Sehun smirked and shook his head. “I really do want to hurt you so bad at the moment hyung, but I still respect you. ” Sehun said as he turned around and left the place.

 

When Sehun was gone, Yunho know punched the door frame which made Nicole more confused and scared at the same time.

“Oppa, what happened?” Nicole asked with a scared tone.

“I messed up big time Nicole.” He replied as he stared at his bruised fist.

 

Later that day, Sehun was found drinking alone at a public bar. He was seated at the corner eyeing everyone and everyone who could catch his eyes. Girls approached him a couple of times but he gave them a cold treatment. Sehun was not there to have fun or to cheat on Hyoyeon. He was there to forget.

Sehun was in the dance floor, just dancing by himself when a girl walked up to him.

“Hey handsome.” The girl smiled and touched his shoulder.

Sehun looked at the girl’s hand, and pulled it away from him.

“Oh.. Hard to get, I like that.” She smirked.

“Sorry, I don’t play around with girls.” Sehun replied.

“Why? Youre tied with someone already? Then, why are you here by yourself?”

“You don’t know me, and I don’t know you. Let’s keep it that way.” Sehun said.

“I like your attitude.” The girl smiled and eyed Sehun from head to toe.

“Excuse me but you can go now.” A voice from the back said.

Sehun frowned when he saw Hyoyeon, followed by Yein at the back.

“And you are?” The girl also frowned when she saw Hyoyeon.

“None of your business. Now go.” Hyoyeon demanded.

“And who the hell are you to tell me to go? Don’t you know who your talking to?”

“I don’t know and I don’t care. Step away from my boyfriend you .” Hyoyeon screamed. It was the first time for Hyoyeon to say those words and fight back since she was always the proper one.

“Oh no you didn’t.” The girl slapped Hyoyeon right across her face.

“Yah!” Sehun shouted and pulled Hyoyeon away from the dangerous girl.

 

Once they were outside the club, Sehun left Yein and Hyoyeon at the side and went straight to his car. He wasn’t ready to talk to her.

“Oh Sehun.” Yein shouted as she trailed behind him. She left her unnie at the parking lot near their car for a while.

“You shouldnt have brought her Yein.” Sehun said.

“Sehun, she’s my sister. I couldn’t bare seeing her desperate.” Yein replied.

“Not now.” Sehun replied and was about to open his car door when they heard a girl scream.

Both Yein and Sehun turned to the direction where they heard the scream.

“unnie?” Yein spoke, and in no time she started to run where she parked the car earlier.

Sehun followed Yein and even over run her to see if it was really Hyoyeon.

 

“Yah!” Sehun shouted and pointed at the two guys who had Hyoyeon carried by one. “Put her down.”

One guy smirked. “And who do you think would stop us? You skinny nerd.”

Sehun frowned. He screamed and attacked one of the guys. Sehun had a fair battle with one but then the other guy placed the ever exhausted from crying Hyoyeon.

Hyoyen  looked up and saw Sehun being beaten up by the two tall guys.  “Sehun..” She cried out.

Sehun looked at her. “Are you okay..” He mouthed before he fell on the ground.

Hyoyeon was about to run to him, but she felt a stab behind her head. She fell down on the ground and hit her head for the second time which leads her to lose consciousness.

“No one dares to talk to me like what you did .” The girl ran away once she hit Hyo on her head.

At the moment, police came with ambulance. Yein had been calling Jaejoong and her parents the whole time.

 

At the hospital..

When Sehun and Hyoyeon was being rushed to the operating room, Sehun kept his eyes locked on the unconscies girl being pushed to the operating room. Sehun raised his head a bit to see her for the last time before she disappears from the double door operating room.

Promise me.. You’ll be okay noona..” Sehun murmured before he dropped his head on the pillow and closed his eyes due to exhaustion.

 

Later that evening..

Yein entered Hyoyeon’s hospital room, but her unnie was not there yet. Hyoyeon is still in the operating room undergoing surgery to stitch the wound she received from being hit at the back of her head and also from falling on the ground.

Yein just came back from visiting Sehun next door, who has a cast on his left arm and bruises all over his face and body.

“How is he?” Mr. Kim asked as he waits for Hyoyeon to be transferred to the room. Jaejoong and Mrs. Kim were left outside the operating room waiting for news.

“Sehun is still asleep, but he looks like he is in pain. My best friend’s handsome face got bruised.” Yein sat beside her father.

“How about you Yein.. Jaejoong told me everything that happened.” Mr. Kim held his younger daughter’s hand.

Yein leaned on her appa’s shoulder. These kinds of events are very rare between the two since Yein has always been distant to her father because he was very strict when it comes to Yein.

“I don’t think its time to talk about me right now appa.” Yein replied.

“Ani. What happens to you is as important with what is happening at this moment.” Mr. Kim said. “Did you know Donghae talked to me?”

“Mwo?” Yein looked up at her appa.

“He was apologizing to me, but I was clueless of what was happening before.” The older Kim started. “He told me that you had something going on with that Kai kid.”

Yein chuckled after hearing from her appa that Kai is a kid. “He is a kid trapped in a grown up’s body.”

After hearing that from Yein, Mr. Kim smiled and looked at her. “Does this smile mean something Yein?”

Yein was surprised with her father’s question. She was also surprised with how she reacted. “Appa..”

“Think about it Yein..” He then kissed her forehead. “From what I see, Kai is important.. I just want you to do the right thing, make the right decision.

Yein hugged her father. “Kamsahamnida appa. Saranghae.”

“Nado Saranghae my baby.” He replied.

---

 

The next day..

Hyoyeon’s surgery was successful, the doctors are just waiting for her to wake up to see if everything would be okay.

On the other room, Sehun woke up early but he could not move properly because his whole body is in pain. He wanted to see Hyoyeon but his parents told him to wait for a few more days to make sure he is okay.

Someone knocked on the door and revealed Yein with coffee and fruits.

“Good morning Sehunie, auntie, uncle.” Yein greeted the whole Oh family.

Sehun smiled as he sees his bestfriend.

Yein smiled and pouted right after. “I hope to see your handsome face soon.”

Sehun chuckled. “That’s why I’m not looking at the mirror at the moment Yein.”

Yein patted his head.

“How’s Hyoyeon?”

“Her surgery was successful..”

“What surgery?” Sehun frowed. His parents didn’t tell her she went to surgery, then flashbacks from the event when they were being rushed to the operating room came back to him. “Is she okay?”

“They had to do some stitches on her head. Sehun, Im sorry to say this but… when you crashed down last night… a girl hit unnie on her head and she fell on the ground unconscious.” Yein tried to hold her tears from falling as she tells the story. “They said she might wake up tonight or tomorrow morning.”

Sehun closed his eyes. “This is too much..”

“Unnie will be alright Sehun. She’s a fighter.” Yein encouraged herself and her bestfriend.

 

With Yunho..

“Where are you going?” H asked his younger sister.

“Im.. gonna visit Hyoyeon unnie and Sehun.” Nicole muttered.

Yunho nodded. “Tell me.. if theyre okay.”

Nicole nodded. Her and Yunho got a bit awkward right after she found out what happened between him and Hyoyeon.

Yunho went into his room, and checking for updates on the news when he passed by Hyoyeon’s photo.

“I hope you’re okay. Im so sorry for what happened, what I did. Just, be okay because guilt is killing me at the moment.” Yunho closed his eyes and looked up. “Please let Sehun be okay too.”

He then typed in something on his computer.

“Friday, 8AM.. To New York.” He said as he read the information.

 

That night..

Hyoyeon found herself in a place she has never seen before. It was like Alice in Wonderland, a very magical place. Hyoyeon was having fun running after the rabbits she saw, and once she got tired, she sat on the grassy ground and swiped her sweat. Everything seems to be peaceful in that place. All she felt was joy.

“Hyoyeon..” She heard. Hyoyeon followed the voice and she saw a guy’s figure. He was standing against the sun’s light that makes it hard for Hyoyeon to see his face.

“Hyoyeon.” He called out once again and even offered his hand for her to accept.

“Who are you?” She asked innocently.

The guy did not answer and instead he started walking away.

“Wait… Who are you..” Hyoyeon started following him until she lost her balance and fell on the ground.

“I'm leaviung now... See you.” The guy took a last look at Hyoyeon and waved as he started strolling onto the sun’s direction.

 

Hyoyeon slowly opened her eyes, and the bright light made her cringe.

“Unnie..” Yein spoke.

Hyoyeon tried to adjust her vision and saw a younger girl smiling infront of her. “Annyeong.” Hyoyeon greeted.

Yein hugged Hyoyeon and tears flowed out from her eyes due to joy that her sister is okay.

Once Yein broke the hug, she found Hyoyeon startled.

“Im sorry to ask this but… Who are you?” Hyoyeon asked curiously.

Yein and everyone present in the room was not expecting that. Jaejoong hurriedly called his colleague to check on her younger sister.

 

“Im sorry to say this, but Hyoyeon developed amnesia.”Jungmin, one of Jaejoong’s doctor friends said. “Her head hit the ground pretty hard which might have caused disorganization in her brain. I am just waiting for her xray results in a few more minutes to see if something is wrong but for the moment, just to make sure everyone will be calm, we have not found any blood clot inside her brain which is a good thing.”

“Will.. she be okay?” Mr Kim asked.

“She will, but there is no cure nor treatment for amnesia Mr. Kim. Im sorry to say that. It is a usual result of head injuries but not certain cause. I will try my best to figure out more on hyoyeon’s case. For the mean time, I will just show Jaejoong some of the xray and ctscans we did to Hyoyeon earlier. I think Jaejoong will be able to explain everything better to the family.”Doctor Jungmin said.

 

After the doctor left, Yein looked at Hyoyeon who was watching the television not knowing what was happening around her.

“How am I gonna say this to Sehun?” Yein sighed in a problematic tone.