Happy Sha-la-la-la

Love Pain

A week later, Hyoyeon was asked out by Sehun on a lunch date.  Hyoyeon was satisfied with Sehun’s efforts, and she was slowly getting comfortable on their status. She could freely show now her affection on the younger guy better than before.

Hyoyeon entered the restaurant only to find a familiar face inside.

“O-oppa..” Hyoyeon looked straight at Yunho. She was in shock to see him there. She had never thought of the moment meeting Yunho now that she is dating Sehun.

“Hyo-yeon.” Yunho had the same reaction. He found out about Hyoyeon’s relationship through Nicole, and he does not know how to react on it.

“Anyeonghaseyo.” Hyoyeon bowed.

It became awkward. They haven’t talked for a while. There was a different feeling around them.

“I.. You’re waiting for someone?” Yunho asked.

Hyoyeon nodded. “I’m having lunch with—Sehun.”

“Oh.. I heard. Congratulations!” Yunho tried to fake his smile. God knows he tried.. God  knows he was gonna confess, but maybe, it was just not meant to be.

“Gomawo.” Hyoyeon could only reply. “Are you waiting for someone also oppa?”

“Ah ye.” Yunho replied and rubbed the back of his neck. “Im waiting for Tiffany.”

Hyoyeon smiled. “So, are you two dating again?”

“I actually don’t know.” Yunho answered. “Maybe we just missed each other’s presence.”

“Well, I hope everything turns out good for you and her oppa. I mean, your love story didn’t end.” Hyoyeon looked at Yunho as if she was interested if the two would return as a couple. Hyoyeon sighed inside. 'Atleast he's happy.' She thought.

“That’s where you’re wrong Hyoyeon-ah. It ended the day she left.” Yunho answered and slowly walked away to find his own table. "Im so dumb, why did I even tell her that."

Hyoyeon got confused in what Yunho said but she just shrugged.

 

“Miss Kim.” A  waiter went up to Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon was surprised that the waiter called her. “Me?”She asked pointing at herself.

The waiter smiled and nodded. “Your order is ready.”

“But I didn’t order yet?” Hyoyeon replied.

“It has been pre-ordered when your reservation was booked.”

“Reservation?”

“Ne. Mr.Oh reserved a private room. This way please.” The waiter led her to the VIP area.

Once Hyoyeon entered the room, she saw Sehun’s grandmother, his parents and younger sister.

Hyoyeon bowed for respect, and greeted the family. She knew everyone since the Ohs are one of their close family friends.

“Now now..” Mr. Oh smiled. “Annyeong Hyoyeon.”

“Annyeonghaseyo uncle. What is going on here?” Hyoyeon asked as she sat beside Sehun’s younger sister, Sulli.

“We actually don’t know too, but you are here.. Is Yein coming too?” Mrs. Oh answered.

“I wasn’t informed. Sehun called me to have lunch.” Hyoyeon replied.

“I did hear that Yein has been busy so Sehun runs to you to hang-out.” Mr. Oh said.

Hyoyeon just smiled.

 

The door then suddenly opened and revealed Sehun.

“I guess Im late.” Sehun bowed to his parents.

“Yes you are Sehun. Youre guests arrived first. What’s with the private lunch?” His grandmother asked.

“Halmoni..” Sehun smiled. “I have something to say.”

Sehun turned to Hyoyeon and smiled. The girl did the same, but with questions in her eyes.

“Umma, Appa, Halmoni, Sulli… Ive kept it a secret for a few days because I want it to be special. I always told myself that if Im gonna introduce a girl to my family; it should be something like this. Exclusive.” Sehun walked towards Hyoyeon and offered his hand to her.

Hyoyeon looked up at Sehun, and took his hand. He pulled her up from the chair and held her waist.

“I want you to meet my girlfriend.. Kim Hyoyeon.” Sehun said with a hint of arrogance. He was proud to call the only girl he liked as his girlfriend. He was contented.

Mrs. Oh stood up and went to Hyoyeon for a hug. “This is ecstatic.”

Hyoyeon does not know what to say, or what to do. She was not informed. She did not know that the family Oh was not informed about her relationship with Sehun. She was also surprised with the family’s reaction. They were happy. All smiles.

“Good job my son!” Mr. Oh clapped. “I am pleased. I know Hyoyeon is a part of the family eversince, but this is making it more official. Welcome to our small family Hyoyeon.” Mr. Oh patted her shoulder.

“Gamsahamnida uncle, auntie.” Hyoyeon replied with all smile, but to her sudden gush of mixed feelings, Hyoyeon’s eyes started to produce tears.

“Oh wae?” Mrs. Oh looked at her and wiped the tear in her face.

“I- I don’t know. I don’t know what to feel, this is very overwhelming.” Hyoyeon wiped her own tears.

“Noona..” Sehun stood next to her.

Hyoyeon could not contain her feelings anymore and had the sudden urge to hug Sehun. She hugged him tight, and Sehun hugged her back. “I can introduce you to the whole world noona, I love you.” Sehun said.

“Nado Sehun-ah. I-I do too.” Hyoyeon cried while still around Sehun’s embrace. She said she loves him back, she said it, but not with her whole heart. Hyoyeon admitted to herself that it will take time for her to give her whole heart to him, but she was ready. She was sure with her decision.

Sehun pulled away from the hug, and was leaning forward to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon closed her eyes because she thought Sehun would kiss her lips, but Sehun gave a peck on her right cheek.

Hyoyeon opened her eyes; she blinked a couple of times. She was surprised that Sehun didn’t kiss her lips. For Hyoyeon, it meant that Sehun is not that kind of person who takes advantage.

‘You’re making me feel the best feeling ever right now Sehun. The way you look at me says everything. Give me a little bit of time. Im sure it wont take long. Thank you. ’ Hyoyeon thought as she stared back at the younger guy.

---

 

With Yunho..

He was looking straight at Hyoyeon who was following the waiter. She was led tone of the private rooms of the restaurant. A few minutes later, Sehun arrived at the restaurant and talked to the manager.

“Oppa.” Tiffany arrived.

“Uh, youre here.” Yunho stood up and helped Tiffany to sit.

“Wae? Im invited to eat here right?” She joked.

“Mianhae.” Yunho said and called the waiter.

“We’re ready to order.” Yunho said.

“I didn’t get to see the menu yet.” Tiffany added.

“She’s getting the grilled chicken salad with garlic bread, but please don’t put the nuts on the salad, and also a kiwi tea. I’m getting the Fettuccini Alfredo and apple juice. One slice of strawberry short cake and a slice of black forest cake.” Yunho ordered.

Tiffany was smiling all that time. He knows what to get her. He knows what she couldn’t eat.

Yunho looked back at Tiffany after. “Wae?”

“I’m just glad that you know what to get. You still remember Im allergic to nuts.” Tiffany smiled.

“How could I forget? That’s what we always order for you.” Yunho smiled back.

“You know what Jung Yunho, you make me regret a lot of things..” She pouted.

Yunho sighed. “Its done.”

When their food came, there were only few words that were spoken. Tiffany felt a sudden distance with Yunho even though he was just infront of her.

 

Yunho kept on looking at the private rooms to see if Hyoyeon and Sehun already finished their lunch.

“Is there something wrong?” Tiffany asked.

“Ah… ani.” Yunho replied.

“Actually, there is something wrong oppa. Earlier, you were okay, but suddenly turning silent. I mean, its fun we go out for lunch or whatever like old times, but if it will just turn out like this oppa, then nevermind.” Tiffany was ready to go, but Yunho stopped her.

 

Yunho’s gaze went back to the private room again and saw Sehun and Hyoyeon step out followed by Sehun’s family.

Hyoyeon was happy around the arms of Sehun as they have a conversation looking at each other.

Tiffany’s eyes followed Yunho’s gaze and saw Hyoyeon and Sehun, then she looked back at Yunho and she could see despair in his eyes.

 

“Hyoyeon..” She said.

“Mwo?” Yunho got his attention back at her.

Tiffany just shook her head.

“Mianhae Fany-ah.I was just out of it for a minute.” Yunho sighed.

“Gwenchana oppa.” Tiffany sat down.

“Would you care to join me for a couple of drinks?” Yunho asked.

“That sounds like a good idea.” Tiffany replied.

 

The whole while Yunho and Tiffany was in the bar with some friends had been pretty awkward. Yunho would drink by himself at the corner, and Tiffany would try to talk to him, but he will just answer very short.

“Is he okay?”  Yoochun asked Tiffany.

“I don’t know oppa.” Tiffany replied.

“It’s a good thing that you two are still friends after the break up.”

Tiffany smiled. “Ye.. Our break up was settled properly that’s why.”

“Don’t you regret?”

“I did. I am… but, I think I shouldn’t be.” Tiffany smiled and stared at Yunho.

 

On Yunho’s thoughts..

“She looked so happy with him earlier.. Is he the one who will give you the happiness you deserve Hyoyeon? If he can make you happy.. I.. I’ll be happy for you two.” Yunho sighed.

“Gwenchana oppa?” Tiffany came back to check on Yunho for the nth time.

Yunho nodded. “Do you wanna go home now?” He asked.

“if youre ready oppa.” Tiffany returned the question.

Yunho took a deep breathe and stood up, but the world started to spin once he was up.

“Whoah there.” Tiffany assited him.

“Come on..I’ll drive you home.” Yunho grabbed her hand.

“Ani..I will drive you home.” Tiffany insisted.

Yunho was about to argue but Tiffany shushed him. “Oppa, we might get into an accident. I will drive home.” Tiffany asked help from Yunho’s friends to bring him to her car.

 

As they reached Yunho’s place, Tiffany helped Yunho to the living room.

“Aishh. If only I don’t care for you oppa, I wouldn’t do this.” Tiffany sighed.

“Fany-ah. Gomawo.” Yunho said.

“And you can still understand me.” Tiffany replied.

“Why? Youre speaking Korean, that’s why I can understand. If you speak Chinese or Japanese or whatever languages are out there, then I might not.” Yunho laughed.

Tiffany giggled. “You know what oppa, you are the dumbest drunk person ever.”

Yunho gestured Tiffany to sit down next to him, and she did.

Yunho suddenly became serious. “I know youre wondering why I drank.”

“I don’t think I need to know.” Tiffany replied.

“You do, because youre going all through this .” Yunho explained.

Tiffany just remained quiet. She knows what was up, but she was not sure of it.

“I just lost the girl I like.” Yunho started.

Confirmed. Her guess was correct.

“It all happened so fast Fany-ah. I was about to tell her, to confess my feelings. She was standing meters away from me, but if I was seconds faster, I would have been the one holding her around my arms. I would be the one having intimate conversations with her.”

“And why are you telling this to me?” Tiffany asked with a hint of annoyance. He was her one and only true love. She experienced all kinds of feelings with him, but even before returning to Korea, she admitted to herself that she and Yunho would never be a couple ever again.

“I—I don’t know.” Yunho held his head.

“Don’t you think I might get hurt with your words oppa?”Tiffany asked with a bit of furry in her tone.

Yunho looked at her and blinked.

“I’m your ex-girlfriend. We used to love one another.” Tiffany stated.

“Miyoung-ah..” Yunho called her with her Korean name now, meaning they are starting to be too serious.

Tiffany teared up. “Ah… ottoke?  How could I be careless with my words.”

Yunho hugged hr. “I’m sorry. Im really really sorry.”

Tiffany laughed. “Ah oppa, you got it the wrong way.”

Yunho looked at her.

Tiffany smiled. “I’m not jealous or anything..” She said and held his face. “Im angry for seeing you like this. The Yunho I once knew was always smiling. He never look weak infront of others.”

Yunho chuckled. “I guess some people change then… but you didn’t Fany-ah.”

“I know.. I try not to.” Tiffany said.

 

Silence then erupted.

“Im sorry Fany.” He exhaled. “I just lost it. I just cant get over the fact that I wasn’t able to tell her, maybe if I had, I would be more at peace.“

“Maybe..”

“And she looks happy. I should also be happy.” Yunho looked at Tiffany.

Tiffany stared at his eyes.

“You should help me forget.” Yunho told her.

Tiffany does not know what to reply. She just stayed at the same position.

Yunho slowly leaned for a kiss. Their lips touched, but Tiffany pulled away after.

“Not like this oppa, there are better ways. This is not right.” Tiffany stood up and went straight to Yunho’s kitchen.