Why does it have to be my bestfriend?

Love Pain

Yunho set down the unconscious Hyoyeon to the couch. He fixed her hair that was covering her face and looked at the girl with pity.

Jaejoong then tapped Yunho’s shoulder. “What did she tell you?”

Yunho looked at Jaejoong with anger in his eyes. “The guy who almost her is inside that party.” Yunho pointed.

Jaejoong’s eyes widened. “Mworago?”

And I have to make sure he goes behind bars.” Yunho was about to walk back to the party when Jaejoong held him back.

“Let me take care of this Yunho. Don’t cause more scenes out there.” Jaejoong said seriously.

 

“What happened earlier Jaejoong?” The older Kims entered the private room.

“It’s a long story umma. I will tell you everything later, let me just make sure my sister is okay.” Jaejoong said as he started checking Hyoyeon’s vital signs.

 

Minutes later..

“I will bring her home now. She’s just asleep and her condition is stable.” Jaejoong suggested.

“Would you mind if I just take her back to your place?” Yunho asked.

Jaejoong just looked at him.

“I.. just wanted to stay next to her to  make sure she’s alright. She might wake up looking for me.. and your parents wouldn’t be able to handle everything inside by their own. Im pretty sure they will need someones’ help.” Yunho reasoned.

Jaejoong walked towards his and patted his shoulder. “Watch out on her. ”

Yunho nodded.

Jaejoong knows that right now, it is Yunho who can help his sister. He just had to trust him.

---

 

After the party, when the Kim family arrive at their place.

“Jaejoong. What happened?” Mr Kim placed down his jacket and sat on the chair.

“Appa.. It’s just..”

“Tell me the real thing Jaejoong. Is something going on with Hyoyeon?” Mr. Kim looked mad.

Jaejoong sighed. He has no choice but to tell their parents. They will eventually find out since they have a lot of source, and if Jaejoong can easily track things down, his parents are better on it since he learned from them.

“Hyoyeon.. I think she.. panicked earlier...”Jaejoong started to tell the whole thing.

“Wae?” Mrs. Kim asked her son worriedly.

“When both of you went to a business trip at Singapore a couple of months ago, something happened to Hyoyeon..” Jaejoong pauses, thinking f he should still continue.

“She went out with some friends at a bar and.. on her way home.. she almost got .” Jaejoong covered his face from the guilt for his sister.

“Mworago?” Mr. Kim stood up and his face was filled with anger.

“She was alone, and two guys followed her, she was almost … but Yunho came. He saw her and helped Hyoyeon.” Jaejoong continued the story.

“How…” Mrs. Kim is now crying.

“After that incident, Hyoyeon had been afraid of a lot of things.. She also had numerous nightmares and the only person who could calm her down was Yunho. I think she found security from him, because he was the one who saved her. And then, time passed, Hyoyeon got better, she didn’t look for Yunho anymore… not until tonight.”

Mr Kim sighed. “Is.. Is she going to be okay?”

Jaejoong nodded. “As long as he is with her, I think she will be okay.. I will bring her to my friend who is a psychologist when she is ready.”

Mr and Mrs. Kim nodded.

“I think that would be better. I will hire more bodyguards to assist her next time. Go ahead Jae, we need to rest. I will see you in the morning.” Mr. Kim pulled Mrs. Kim up to their room.

---

 

Later that night, around 1 in the morning.

Jaejoong was just on his way to sleep when he decided to peek on his sister.

 

He saw Hyoyeon sleeping comfortably on the bed while Yunho is sleeping on the chair while his upper body is leaning on the bed. Yunho never left Hyoyeon’s side ever since and Jaejoong appreciated it.

 

“Jaejoong oppa..” Jaejoong turned around and found Jessica from behind, still wearing her party dress.

“Jessica, what are you doing here? It’s late.” Jaejoong asked.

“Is she okay?” Jessica asked.

“She’s sleeping right now.” Jaejoong answered.

Jessica nodded.  “What happened?”

“Yunho said that Hyoyeon heard the voice of the guy who almost her and I think that triggered her to remember that horrifying event.” Jaejoong replied.

“Is Yunho oppa there?” She asked.

Jaejoong nodded and widened Hyoyeon’s room door for Jessica to see.

 

The moment that Jessica peeked inside the room, it was also the exact time Hyoyeon shouted due to nightmares and Yunho had woken up and tried to calm down the younger girl.

“Shh. Hyoyeon-ah. You will be fine. I’ll stay by your side. Everything will be alright.” Yunho whisphered to her ears as he pat her shoulder.

 

Once Jessica saw the view right infront of her, she rolled her fist, trying to stop all the emotion that are coming out.

Jaejoong saw Jessica’s reaction and he figured out what was going on.

She then looked down and breathed deep.

“I.. I’m going now oppa..” Jessica said and she turned around to leave.

 

Once her back was facing Jaejoong, the tears that were planning to escape since earlier flowed out from her eyes.

Jaejoong grabbed Jessica’s wrist and pulled her into a hug.

“You’re gonna be okay.” He said.

“I should have watched out on this eversince, Im so stupid for even hoping.”Jessica replied as she cries in Jaejoong’s arms.

Jaejoong stayed silent.

Why does it have to be my best friend?” She cried.

“Sica-yah. Don’t cry. Theyre not together.”

“This says it all oppa. Thank you for your care, but I think, I have to do this on my own.” Jessica pulled away from Jaejoong as she try to wipe the tears away from her eyes.

“Can you do me a favor and give this to Hyoyeon?”Jessica handed Jaejoong a bracelet.

“Why this?” Jeajoong looked shocked.

“I know I shouldn’t be doing this, I know Im gonna regret it but right now, I feel betrayed..” Jessica reasoned out.

“But Jessica..” Jaejoong was about to say something when she cut him off.

“Oppa. It hurts me a lot and I don’t want to pretend I’m not seeing things anymore when it’s very clear. I don’t wanna get hurt even more.” Jessica said and she started to walk away with a broken heart.

Jaejoong watched as the younger girl leave. He looked back at the bracelet and sighed as flashbacks came to him.

 

“See this oppa?” Hyoyeon showed a bracelet that has the letters GFF on it.

“What’s  that?”

“It’s my friendship bracelet with Jessica. We made it at our first trip together. Isnt it pretty?” Hyoyeon smiled.

“It is.” Jaejoong smiled.

“Jessica and I promised each other that we are going to keep this forever because our friendship will be forever.” Hyoyeon explained.

---

 

The next morning..

Hyoyeon woke up before Yunho.

She slowly opened her eyes and surprised to see the older guy sleeping uncomfortably on the chair. Hyoyeon suddenly remembered what happened the night before. She enveloped herself with her arms and started crying.

Yunho opened his eyes to find Hyoyeon in such manner.

He immediately sat beside her and patted her head. “Gwenchana?”

Hyoyeon leaned her head on his shoulder. “Im scared.”

They stayed in that position for quite a while until Hyoyeon finally got rid of the scared feeling.

 

“Mianhae oppa.” She is now sitting at the side of the bed facing Yunho, who is now back sitting at the chair.

Yunho smiled. “Hey, if this is the only way I could help, I will do it. Just for you.

Both of them looked down with what Yunho just said.

 

“Let me just go use the restroom.” Hyoyeon stood up and walked to the restroom. As she closed the door, she couldn’t hide the feelings anymore. Her face is turning red and her heart is beating so fast. As of the moment, it was just her and him. She closed her eyes and smiled as she placed her hands over her chest.

“I know it’s wrong, but it feels so right.” She said.

 

On the other hand, with Yunho.

Once Hyoyeon closed the restroom door, he slowly smirked. “Did I just say that?”

He then turned his attention unto the photo of Hyoyeon on the bedside table. “Is this right?

 

Minutes later, Jaejoong knocked on the door and found Yunho just sitting inside.

“Where’s Hyoyeon?” Jaejoong asked.

“In the restroom.” Yunho answered.

“Are you gonna be busy today?” Jaejoong asked.

“Wae?”

“I’m planning to bring her to my psychologist friend, and I have this feeling that she would want you to come.” Jaejoong answered.

Yunho blinked a couple of times trying to digest the words of Jaejoong.

“You’re the only one who can calm her down, you’re the only one she listens to. I think it is just right if you come.” Jaejoong reasoned.

Yunho nodded. “I’ll go.”

 

The restroom door then opened revealing Hyoyeon.

Jaejoong walked up to her and hugged his little sister. “Are you okay now?”

“Yes. Did I worry you guys too much?”

“You did, but it doesn’t matter, as long as you’re okay.” Jaejoong said.

“Oppa, mianhae. I didn’t know it will happen again, I just felt scared at that moment and everything went blank…”

“You don’t need to reason out, I understand you.”

Hyoyeon hugged her brother tighter.

“I’m asking for your permission. I will bring you to a psychologist today. Is it okay?”

Hyoyeon was surprised.

“Its not what you think. Nothing is wrong with you Hyo.. I just want to fix this. This kind of attacks of yours wont happen just once.. I need you to help me help you.” Jaejoong stared deep in the eyes of his younger sister.

Hyoyeon was like hypnotized with Jaejoong’s words as she nodded in agreement.

Jaejoong smiled and kissed her forehead.