Like Old Times

Love Pain

At the hospital.

Yuri was outside the operating room, her head down with tears flowing out of her eyes. She looked up when she heard footsteps getting close.

“Hyo..Hyoyeon.” She stuttered.

“What happen to my oppa?” Hyoyeon asked with a very worried expression.

Yuri stood up and faced the girl. “Mianhae.”

 

Hyoyeon frowned, she leaned her back on the wall near the operating room door. “Oppa, hang in there. We still have a lot of adventures we need to go to.” Hyo crashed down on the floor. Her knees felt weak on the thought that the strongest and bravest person she knows is fighting for his life right in that moment.

 

A few minutes later, Yein came with Donghae.

Yein ran towards Hyoyeon and helped her stand up. “Unnie… How is oppa?”

Hyoyeon shook her head. “I don’t know Yein-ah.”

The siblings hugged each other.

“Umma and Appa are on their way here from Singapore.” Yein reminded her sister.

Hyoyeon tried to wipe her tears away and nodded.

Donghae hugged the two younger girls. As Jaejoong’s frined and a big brother to Hyoyeon and Yein, he feels afraid and sad for his friend. “He will be alright. We just need to stay strong for him.”

 

Yuri stayed quiet at the corner of the hallway, waiting for any updates about Jaejoong.

Yunho, Baekhyun and Sehun have finally arrived at the hospital.

 

Yunho noticed Yuri, and he walked towards her.

“Yuri-ssi..” Yunho spoke.

Yuri looked up, wiping her tears.

Yunho smiled.

“I.. Im fine here Yunho-ssi.”

Yunho sat next to her. “You’re scared that they might think you got Jaejoong in trouble.”

Yuri nodded.

“They don’t. Hyoyeon and Yein knows Jaejoong goes beyond his limits. He’s too extreme for some people to handle. They know he would get into an accident sooner or later.” Yunho spoke intelligently about his bestfriend.

Yuri just stayed silent.

Jaejoong likes you a lot..”

Yuri gotten embarrass with that thought.

“I hope you can see his efforts because he never did those to any other girl.”

“You don’t have to say all these Yunho-ssi.” Yuri replied.

Yunho smiled. “Im expecting then.” Yunho stood up.”Jaejoong will be fine. Wait for it.”

---

 

The next day.

“My son..”

Jaejoong slowly opened his eyes and saw his parents infront of him.

“Umma.. Appa.” He said weakly.

“Aigoo, he’s awake.” Hyoyeon smirked at the side of the bed.

Jaejoong tried to sit up, but the wound on his left shoulder side still hurts.

“Don’t even try Kim Jaejoong.” Mrs. Kim pushed her son back down gently.

Jaejoong smiled. “This is a pretty unusual setting.”

“It is.” Yein spoke from the sofa.

“What do you feel my son?” Mrs. Kim asked worriedly.

“From the range of 1 to 10, its 11 umma.” Jaejoong joked.

“Aigoo. You’re so lame oppa.” Hyoyeon smiled and sighed at the same time, now she feels relieved that Jaejoong is indeed fine.  She can now finally say, her oppa would heal in no time.

 

As minutes pass by, Jaejoong looked around the hospital room.

“She’s not here.” Hyoyeon said as she fed him some oranges.

Jaejoong nodded. “That’s a good thing.

 

Later that day, more friends came to visit Jaejoong including Yuri.

She quietly entered the room when Jaejoong was watching television and his only companion was Yein.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Yuri bowed.

Yein bowed back.

There was an awkward silence that covered the room.

“I’ll walk outside for a bit.” Yein grabbed her jacket. “There’s food inside the fridge.” She announced before closing the door.

 

Yuri stepped closer to Jaejoong’s bed, and he was just staring at her.

“H-how are you?” Yuri asked.

Jaejoong shrugged. “This will heal soon.”

Yuri nodded and just stared at the handsome guy infront of her. Jaejoong felt self conscious and looked back at the TV. They were awkward with each other now. They did not know how to act and what to say.

“Yuri..” Jaejoong looked up once again and found Yuri quietly pouring down tears.

He felt alarmed and was about to get up but the pain on the back of his shoulder stopped him.

Yuri wiped her tears, and tried to help Jaejoong in a more comfortable position.

“Oppa mianhae.” Yuri stated.

“Ani… Lets just say we’re even now.” Jaejoong said.

“M-mwo?”

After the incident, that Jaejoong was able to say his true feelings to Yuri and got rejected a couple of times, he just felt like this was sign that it won’t work out. That he should give up.

“You thought that I hurt you before…. And now this.. Lets say we’re even.” Jaejoong looked down. “I wont bother you and your family anymore starting from now.”

Yuri was just standing there, trying to ingest Jaejoong’s words. She was not prepared for this.

“Ani..” She whisphered but load enough for him to hear.

“Huh?” Jaejoong looked up once again, and the moment he turned his head, he felt soft lips touched his own.

When Yuri pulled off the kiss, she held Jaejoong’s face with both her hands. “I pushed you away because I wasn’t ready, I was the only person my family could lean on, but I felt so scared when you got shot. Oppa, I’ve never felt this before and if I don’t tell you now, Im sure I will lose it. I’ve fallen for you. I love you… I hope you can still accept me?”

Jaejoong frowned for a few second which made Yuri really nervous, but he suddenly pulled her arms that made Yuri lean down and Jaejoong held her face and kissed her.

I was ready to let you go…but thank you.” Jaejoong smiled.

---

 

The next morning.

Hyoyeon was the only one who accompanied Jaejoong through the night. Her parents stayed home and Yein was going to have an early test so Hyoyeon was left alone with Jaejoong.

“Oppa, what do you want for breakfast?” Hyoyeon looked inside the refrigerator once Jaejoong woke up.

“No hospital food?” Jaejoong asked.

“You don’t like it.” Hyoyeon scrunched her nose.

“Anything would do.” Jaejoong replied.

Someone then knocks on the door, and it slowly opened.

 

“Annyeong.” Yunho held one of his hands up.

“Yunho!” Jaejoong greeted his friend.

He walked over Jaejoong and waved hi to Hyoyeon. She returned the favor with a smile.

It was akward, Yunho and Hyoyeon used to be more comfortable with each other, but now even the slight presence of the other makes it awkward. Hyoyeon is not sure why she was feeling that, but Yunho has his reason to feel that and he is trying to slowly shake of that feeling by approaching Hyoyeon how he used to.

 

“How are you bro?” Yunho shook Jaejoong’s hand.

“Still alive Yunho.” Jaejoong smiled.

“I’ll be waiting till we can play basketball again.”  Yunho said.

 

“Jaejoong Oppa, I’ll buy breakfast at the café across the street. Uhh, you want anything Yunho oppa?” Hyoyeon took her bag and cardigan on the sofa.

“Are you sure? I could buy it for you guys?” Yunho offered.

“Its fine oppa. I need a walk anyway cause ive been sitting all night.” Hyoyeon said.

“You two should go then.” Jaejoong butted in.

“And you do know I wont leave you alone right? You might jump out of the window to escape oppa.” Hyoyeon said with sarcasm. “You two needs to catch up.”

“Its fine Hyo. I can stay all day, I’ll buy breakfast.” Yunho recommended once again.

 

Then theres a knock on the door. It slowly opened and revealed Yuri.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” She greeted everyone.

“Then our answer arrived. You two go buy breakfast.” Jaejoong smirked and smiled at Yuri.

---

 

Hyoyeon and Yunho was waiting for the crossing sign to light up.

Once it , Hyoyeon already stepped forward and she felt a warm hand pulled her back and she was now enveloped in Yunho’s arm.

“Bastard! Learn your road signs!” Yunho shouted at the car who went fast and run over the red light.

Hyoyeon looked up, Yunho looked down. They stared at each others eyes.

Yunho smiled. “Learn to look at the around you first before doing anything. You scared me.” He said and let go of her.

Hyoyeon blushed and giggled. “Mianhae oppa.”

After that, Hyoyeon and Yunho slowly felt comfortable with each other again. Like the old  times. They crossed the street with Yunho’s arm clinging around Hyoyeon’s shoulder like the close friends they are.