Dates

Love Pain

Everyone got back to normal.

Jaejoong and Hyoyeon acted as if nothing happened, and the result of their misunderstanding is that it made them closer as siblings.

 

“Kids, the company meeting will be in two weeks.” Mr. Kim reminded the siblings while they were having dinner.

“Oh right.” Yein answered as she totally forgot about that event.

“Everything is ready oppa? Is there anything I can help with?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Everything is fine Hyoyeon-ah. I do not want to bother you with the event because you have so much to do.”

Jaejoong smiled. “Don’t work to hard now Hyonie. Jessica told me you haven’t hanged out with her and Nicole.”

“Oppa.. You just go out too much.” Hyoyeon teased back..

“Am I expecting any special dates for the party?” Mrs. Kim looked at each and everyone.

Hyoyeon was the first one to answer. “You wont be expecting anyone from me umma.”

“If no one goes with Hyoyeon, I would gladly be her for that night.” Jaejoong suggested.

“I might just pull Baekhyun with me then.” She chuckled.

“Yein?” Mr. Kim looked at her.

Yein blushed. She knows that her parents know about her relationship with Donghae, but she was not really very open to it with anyone.

“Im not sure yet, Donghae oppa told me he is leaving the country for 3 weeks for a game and promotions.” Yein replied.

“Oh ne. Donghae told me about that. Then, I will have both of my sisters as dates on the party umma.” Jaejoong cheered.

“You better call Sehun now Yein. He is your only option left.” Hyoyeon smiled.

“Yah Kim Hyoyeon! You know you can’t get away from oppa that easily.”

---

 

The next day..

Hyoyeon dropped off Yein at school, before leaving the school, she had her little tour. Remembering the moments when she studied there.

“How is everything going with Donghae oppa?” Hyoyeon asked Yein as they stepped down from the vehicle.

“All the things I imagined. I’m still amazed on how my little crush for him back then grew. Im like living in a fairytale unnie.” Yein blushed at the thought of her lover.

“That’s good then, but aren’t you worried?”

“About what?”

“You know Donghae oppa does not really have a very clean record with girls..” Hyoyeon tried to say the words very carefully, not to make her sister feel bad.

Yein stopped with her tracks.

“Yein-ah..” Hyoyeon stopped also and looked back at her sister.

Yein gave her a fake smile… “He.. won’t do that.. He knows Jaejoong oppa will kill him..” Yein reasoned.

Hyoyeon could only nod. “Well, I will b going now Yein. I will see you later..” Hyoyeon gave her sister a hug before walking away.

Yein watched as Hyoyeon speed away with her car. “I haven’t thought of what you just said unnie.”

---

 

Noona, are you busy? –Sehun

Not really. Waeyo? – Hyoyeon

 

After sending her reply, Hyoyeon heard a knock on the office door. She did not even had a time to ask who it was when it opened revealing a familiar face who does not even work at the Kim Corp but his face has been everywhere now.

“Sometimes I feel like you are stalking me Sehun-ah.” Hyoyeon chuckled when she saw the younger guy. “What’s your business here today?” She asked.

“Noona… I have a very important question to ask.” Sehun looked very serious and kept his hands behind as if he was hiding something.

“We don’t have a vacant position for the company now  Sehun..” Hyoyeon teased which made Sehun more nervous. “What’s with the serious face?”

Sehun slowly walked towards her and stared at her for quite some time.

“Okay, you are creeping me out Sehun.” Hyoyeon pulled herself backwards because of the weird ambiance starting to eat he whole room.

Sehun took a deep breath, and brought his hand with a small bouquet of white flowers towards Hyoyeon. “Will you be my date at your company’s party?”

Hyoyeon was stunned with the sudden actions from Sehun. She blinked once, twice, thrice.. She looked at the flowers then turned her gaze to his face.

Hyoyeon gave him a smile. “Are.. you sure with this?”

Sehun nodded.

“I will..” Hyoyeon accepted the bouquet of flower and she tried to smell it.

Sehun, on the other hand, felt the whole weight in his heart got off.

“I’m curious. Why did you ask me Sehun?” Hyoyeon asked.

Sehun smirked. “I’m gonna be late for my next class. I’ll see you around noona.” He turned his back at her and coolly exited the office.

 

As he closed the door, he chuckled. “Isnt it obvious noona? I like you..”

 

---

Later that day..

 

“Sehun? As in Oh Sehun? Yein’s bestfriend Sehun?” Jessica asked Hyoyeon as she place accessories on the mannequin in her store.

“Ye Sica. He just came to my office this afternoon and he asked me if I can be her date.” Hyoyeon said as she drinks her iced coffee.

Nicole was smiling inside as she listens to the two older girls. She was the only girl who knows about Sehun’s interest in Hyoyeon.

“But.. I like how he is being… friendly?” Hyoyeon could not figure out the word to describe how Sehun is acting these past few weeks.

“Friendly? Unnie.. he is flirting with you!” Nicole stated.

“Nicole! He is my sister’s bestfriend. Sehun is like a younger brother.” Hyoyeon replied.

“You don’t go to a date with your younger brother..” Nicole said.

“I was about to go with Jae oppa to that party.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Well, Nicole is right Hyo.  Sehun was not like this before. He used to just show up whenever Yein is around, but see, right now, he shows up anywhere and everywhere.” Jessica added.

“And you told us last time that he stayed back at your house till midnight when you had that fight with Jaejoong oppa right? Who would even do that to a bestfriend’s sister?” Nicole stated.

“What are you girls trying to say?” Hyoyeon asked.

“He must like you Hyo!” Jessica went straight to the point.

“Mwo? That’s  impossible.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Since when? Unnie, he is slowly trying to make a move on you.” Nicole added.

Hyoyeon slowly blushed once she thinks about that fact. “Ani…. Ugh, now I don’t know what to think when I see him. You guys are corrupting my mind.”

“We’re just saying what we think Hyo. The people around you know what’s going on without you knowing.” Jessica sat next to her as she study the work she finished.

“Let’s stop this. Sehun is just doing this because Yein isn’t always around him anymore.” Hyoyeon finished her coffee and sighed.

---

 

When Hyoyeon got home, Jaejoong and Yunho was in the living room watching a movie.

Hyoyeon smiled. “Its nice to see you back inside the house Yunho oppa.” Hyoyeon commented.

“Yeah, feels like I haven’t been in here for years.” Yunho replied.

“Let me get you a drink my darling sister.” Jaejoong stood up and went to the kitchen.

Hyoyeon looked at his older brother curiously.

 

“So.. uhmm.. I heard about the company party.” Yunho started.

“Ah ne. Have you invited anyone?” Hyoyeon asked.

Yunho shook his head. “Am I supposed to bring someone?”

“Not really. You can always tag along with Jaejoong oppa.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Are you going with someone already?” Yunho asked curiously, you can see it in his eyes.

Hyoyeon’s attention turned to Yunho once he asked that question. “Oh.. ne.. I.. I think you should invite someone oppa.”

“Really? Should I?”

Hyoyeon nodded.

“Do you have any plans on bailing your first date and coming with me instead?” Yunho said it as a joke, but he did not mean it as one.

“Mwo?” Hyoyeon felt stunned with what she heard.

Yunho chuckled. “Im just kidding…” He thn cleared his throat with the sudden change of atmosphere. “Maybe I could bring Seohyun..”

“What about Jessica?” Hyoyeon suggested quickly.

“Jessica?”

Hyoyeon nodded. “I dont want her to be alone that night. I mean, you guys are close.”

“Well.. okay. I think I can give it a try.” Yunho was about to bring his cellphone out to call Jessica but Hyoyeon stopped her.

“I think it will be better if you ask her personally, than through a phone call.” Hyoyeon once again suggested.

“You are acting weird Hyo, but okay.. Ill drop by her office tomorrow morning. What’s her favorite drink?” Yunho asked.

“Bring her an iced latte. She usually drinks that every morning.” Hyoyeon smiled.

“Gotcha.” Yunho made an okay sign.

The Hyoyen and Yunho right now slowly grew back to their old bond. Both of them thinks its for the better, but it does not feel that way.

 

 

With Yein and Sehun. They are at a small restaurant near Seoul University having dinner. It has been a long time since the two had time to talk. It has been quiet ever since they met there, it was not the usual bond anymore

“Sehunie.. Do you have someone to go to the company party?” Yein asked.

Sehun blinked his eyes a couple of times. “Ah… Ye I have. Waeyo?”

“Jinjja?” Yin pouted and placed her chin on her palm. “Nugu?”

Sehun cleared his throat..“Just someone.”

“Donghae oppa is not gonna be here that day..”

Sehun stayed silent. He does not know what to answer back.

“I was wondering if you could go with me, but I guess you already have plans..”

“Mianhae Yein..”

“Ani.. If you can’t, that’s fine. I still have Jaejoong oppa… I know we haven’t been hanging out with each other for quite some time. I know I’v been giving my attention to Donghae oppa now than our friendship. I should be the one saying sorry Sehun. You might have found new interests while I was away.” Yein confessed.

Sehun held her arm. “Im still your bestfriend. Sehunie, Serious faced guy, Babe. Nothing changed and nothing will ever change. You can always run to me when you have problems, I will be at your back supporting you. It does not mean that were drifting apart because we don’t get to hang out much. Theres always gonna be a difference between how we get along with other and how we hang out with one another.”

Yein smiled. She rubbed Sehun’s hands. “Gomawo.”

“Now, for that date you were saying, I think I have someone in mind.” Sehun smirked.

Yein looked at him curiously.

Sehun took out his phone and dialed a number.

 

---

Once again, the doors to the Kim Mansion opened up and revealed Yein.

“What’s up little girl?” Jaejoong welcomed Yein.

“Annyeong oppa. Oh, Yunho oppa, its nice to see you here.” Yein smiled.

“Like what everyone said… hahah. Its nice to be back.” Yunho said.

“I saw flowers at your car unnie. Who is it from?” Yein started.

Hyoyeon was startled. “Oh.. that..”

“Is someone courting you Hyoyeon?” Jaejoong asked.

Everyone got interested.

Hyoyeon shook her head. “Someone just asked me if I could go to the company party with him.”

“Who?” Yein asked.

“Se..” Hyoyeon did not finish her words because the older Kim’s came in.

 

“I asked for snacks everyone.” Mrs. Kim said.

“Mwo?” Yein spoke out of nowhere.

“Is there something wrong?” Mr.Kim asked.

“Oh, ani appa. It’s just Sehun.. He told his friend to go to the company’s party with me.” Yein pouted.

“Why, cant he go?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“He said he already asked someone.” Yein replied.

Hyoyeon blushed with the thought.

“Who is the guy? Does Donghae know him?” Jaejoong asked.

Yein’s eyes widened. “Omo. Donghae oppa knows him. His name is Kai, he is a co-owner of the ______ restaurant.” Yein said.

“Kai?” Hyoyeon said.

“You know him?”

“Sehun introduced him to me once.” Hyoyeon said.

“Sehunie? You were with Sehun?” Yein asked.

Hyoyeon nodded. “He just dropped by the office and we went to eat.”

“Ohh.” Yein looked down.

“H seems to be a… uhh. Fun guy?” Hyoyeon added.