Kiss.

Love Pain

Early in the morning.

“Yein?” Kai was surprised to see the girl standing infront of him as he opened the door of his house. He was still in his pajamas with messy hair.

“Did I wake you up?” Yein felt bad for disturbing someone from his sleep. She was up early that Sunday morning, and was looking for a friend she could talk to. Her feet brought her infront of Kai’s place.

Kai chuckled. “Come in, let me just wash up for a bit.”

 

Once Kai was ready, he walked to the living room and sat on the solo couch next to Yein. He was dumbfounded on the fact that Yein came. He never thought they became that close already.

“So… uh.. Want some coffee?” Kai asked.

Yein nodded and smiled.

Once Kai finished preparing the coffee, there was silence between the two.

“Well. This is quite awkward.” The sharp tongued Kai said.

“I’m really sorry.. Sehun is with unnie.” Yein replied.

“No need for apologies. So…. What’s bothering you?” Kai asked.

Yein hesitated at first, but she thought that there’s no reason not to tell. She went all the way to Kai’s place to seek help. She disturbed the guy.

“Donghae’s gone for too long.” Yein started. “I don’t like the idea him being far away.. I know hetried to change for me.. He only looked at me, but I know he would be checking someone out there..” Yein bit her lip.

“Don’t you trust hyung?” Kai asked. He knows there would possibilities Donghae might look for other girls there, but maybe that’s just for fun.

“I do.. but.. you see, Donghae oppa has this past…” Yein paused. “Tell me honestly Kai, if ever you would be living far from your girlfriend even for just a few months… Would you be looking for other girls?”

Kai chuckled. “It’s hard to speak from every guy’s perspective, but if it was me…  I think I would be playing around with some girls… but that would not change how I feel for my girlfriend.”

“Mwo? Isnt that just stupid? If you love your girl, shouldn’t you be loyal?” Yein frowned at that thought.

Kai smirked. “That’s the thing for most guys Yein. We have our needs.” Kai said.

“I…” She sighed. “So, you can’t take care of your needs by your own? Its unfair..”

“Yein. You don’t know how a guys’ mind works. Some things just happen. We couldn’t control.” Kai said.

Yein stayed silent.

“Lets stop talking about this. Kaja! Where do you want to go?” Kai asked.

Yein shook her head signaling that she does not know.

“You look so pathetic right now Kim Yein. This is not the Yein I started to like.” Kai’s eyes grew after saying the last word.

Yin also looked up at him with the same expression.

“What I meant was, remember we used to hate each other before.” Kai tried to play it coolly.

“Kim Jong In. Gomawo.” Yein smiled and took Kai’s hand as she pulled him out of the house. “I’ll be the personal driver for today. Our first stop… amusement park?”

---

 

Later that day..

Jaejoong is at the club with his friends. As what Yuri asked him, he stayed away from her. He doesn’t even look at her because he was scared to break his promise of leaving her and her family alone. Yuri doesn’t approve of Jaejoong giving anything to her family. She is working to feed them, she still have her pride with her. She also does not want to have any debts to Jae because of all the things he sent.  But Jaejoong did not stop on sending gifts to Yuri’s family, which made her mad.

For some reason, that’s not the only reason Yuri was getting angry, she just feel annoyed everytime Jaejoong shows up with different girls at the club. Yuri didnt want to realize what was behind her irritation. Jae was just trying to amuse himself, trying to make sure he will stay away from Yuri.

 

There he was again, kissing a girl in the neck, making his hand its way inside the girl’s miniskirt.

Yuri looks disgusted with the view, but she had to talk to him right there, right at that moment.

“Uhm Jae..” Junsu, one of Jaejoong’s friends called him out when Yuri approached them.

Jaejoong looked up and saw Yuri. He pulled away from the girl, and stood up. He fixed his clothes.

“Yuri..” Jaejoong started.

“What does it have to take for you to stay away from my family? Kim Jaejoong, I don’t want to  be in debt with you because of all the things you are giving them. I don’t want you to even send medicine for my umma and my sister because that is my job.” Yuri fiercely said.

“Yuri, youre family..” Jae was cut off.

“Has nothing to do with you. Im not a charity place you can send food reliefs or whatever. I have my dignity on the line Jae. I work for everything I could give them.” Yuri frowned.

“You know you can’t support a big family with just you. You don’t even have time for yourself anymore.”Jaejoong defended himself.

“Youre doing this because?? Jaejoong, we just know each other’s names. We’re not even friends.” Yuri stated.

“Im helping you because I like you Yuri!” Jaejoong confessed.

Yuri stayed quiet for a few seconds but frowned once again as she looked at the girl Jaejoong was kissing earlier. She wouldn’t believe the type of guy Jaejoong is. He said that to every girl that he wants to bring to his bed.

Yuri shook her head. “No you don’t. What do you want? This?” Yuri stepped forward, pulled Jaejoong from behind his neck and kissed him deep.  She pushed herself to him making sure he feels everything.

“If that is what you want, I will give it to you, just leave my family alone.” Yuri told him. “Contact me when you want to, I will be there. Just stay away from my life after I give it to you.” Yuri walked away with tears in her eyes.

Jaejoong was dumbfounded. He did not know that’s how Yuri was thinking all this time. His intentions were pure and innocent.

Yuri walked inside the girl’s restroom, tears still flowing out of her eyes. She washed her lips with the water and stared at herself on the mirror.

“He’s the same as all guys Yuri. He will never learn how to love. You should keep that in mind.” Yuri stated, and looked at her whole body at the mirror. “Better prepare yourself. The thing you took care of the most will just lose to a guy like Jaejoong.”

Yuri then lightly hit her cheeks to wake herself. She ran her hand through her lips, and thoughtsof kissing Jaejoong appeared on her head. “Bastard.”

---

 

With Kai and Yein.

Yein drove Kai back at his place, and Kai invited Yein for a home-made dinner. They enjoyed the unplanned hang-out for the day, and it seemed as if Kai already knew a lot about Yein just like how much Sehun knows the girl.

“Is it done?” Yein asked, as she watched Kai prepare the Italian home-made dinner personally made by him.

“Almost. Don’t worry, I’ll feed you a lot till your tummy explodes.” Kai smiled.

“Im pretty sure that wouldn’t happen Jongin.” Yein replied.

“Dinner is served.” Kai walked towards the dining table holding a tray with two plates of pasta and bread.

“Wah. It looks good.” Yein clapped her hands as Kai gave her plate.

“Ofcourse! What do you expect from a guy living by himself?” Kai over confident with himself.

“I expect guys like you to be chasing after girls.” Yein retorted.

“Aw. That’s a bit hurtful, but true.” Kai chuckled.

 

Once they were done eating..

Yein had some sauce left at the side of . Kai smiled at Yein’s imperfection. He does not usually see a lot of those from her; Yein is an ideal type of girl. She’s smart, active, very beautiful and has a great body frame. He couldn’t find her imperfections that easily.

Kai gestured her to lean, and Yein did so. He took a napkin and wiped the small amount of sauce on the side of the mouth of the girl. Yein was surprised with Kai’s gestures. She blinked her eyes once, twice, thrice, and Kai chuckled.

While Kai was cleaning the table, Yin was helping him. Yein brought come of the plates at the kitchen which Kai did not know and as he turned around, he bumped unto the plates, and it fell on the ground.

CRASH.

Kai looked at the surprised Yein and he walked towards her. He reached her hand and examined it.

“Are you okay?” Kai asked her with worry on his face.

Yein could only nod.

They just stared at each other’s eyes for a good 20 seconds, not knowing what to do. Kai sighed.

“I’ll clean this.” Kai said and took the broom.

Yein tried to sit crunch down and help but Kai stopped her.

“You might get cut. Just wait for me at the living room.”Kai instructed her.

Yein was going to argue but Kai pulled her up, and made her follow him.

 

Few minutes later, after Kai finished cleaning, he sat down at the couch.

“Mian.” Yein said as she was looking down.

Kai smiled. “That was nothing. Did you have fun today?” Kai asked to loosen Yein up.

Yein nodded. “Gomawo Kai. Im happy we became friends. Im relieved that youre not the guy I was thinking you were. Youre way much better.”

“Well, I can’t argue with that.” His cocky attitude coming out again.

When Kai was about to reach for his drink at the table.. He groaned in pain.

“Gwenchana?” Yein was worried. She was now sitting next to Kai.

Kai nodded. There was a cut on his palm that he did not notice earlier, and now, it was bleeding badly.

Yein took her bag, and brought out her first aid kit. She cleaned the wound, and placed medicine and a small bandage on the wound.

“Be careful.” Yein fixed the bandage.

“You could be a nurse Yein.” Kai smiled.

“I tried to, but it’s too much work.” Yein replied, but still not letting go of Kai’s hand.

As she looked up, Kai’s face was inches apart from her. They looked at each other weirdly. There was a driving force that both of them felt, Kai’s face leans forward slowly.

Their lips touched, Kai’s unwounded hand made its way to hold her face. Yein’s eyes was wide open when Kai’s lips touched hers, but it apparently closed a few seconds later when she felt his lips deeper into hers.  Yein’s other hand found its way to Kai’s shoulder.

Kai is slowly pulling the girl closer to him. There was no distance between them anymore.

A few minutes later, Yein gained back her senses and pulled away from Kai. Both are in a surprised reaction of what just happened between them.

“Ye..Yein-ah.” Kai stuttered.

As if on cue, Yein’s cellphone started ringing. She took it from the table and read the caller’s name.

 

Lee Donghae.

 

Guilt, helplessness, despair. Yein felt those, she got scared once she saw who was calling.

“Yo..Yoboseyo?” Yein answered, trying to look away from Kai.

“Yein. Where are you?”

“I.. I had dinner with a friend. Waeyo? Are you back in Korea?” Yein’s heart was beating so fast.

“Ne.” Donghae cheered. “When will I be able to see you?”

“Oh.. ah, jinjja? Anytime you want opp-a.” Yein replied.

“Gwenchanayo?” Donghae recognized a weird tone from Yein.

“Ah yeah. Im okay. I think Im catching a cold. I need to take medicine once I get home.” She reasoned.

“Really? Be careful then. I’ll just see you tomorrow morning. Okay? Go home early and have some rest.” Donghae adviced.

“Ne.” Yein replied.

“Sa-saranghae Yein-ah. I love you.” Donghae said.

“Na-do.” Yein replied.

“Promise me one thing.”

“Gurae. What is it?”

No lies.” Donghae blurted out.

Yein stayed silent.

“Yein-ah. I hope theres no secrets.” Donghae implemented.

“Ofcourse. I’ll see you tomorrow oppa.” Yein said and hang up.

“I trust you Yein-ah.” Donghae said even though she already ended the call. Donghae placed his cellphone down, started the car’s engine and sped off.

 

Yein stood up from the couch, and started to prepare her things so she could go home.

“Yein.” Kai also stood up.

Yein looked at him. “I need to go Kai.”

“Hey.” He pulled her arm when Yein was about to walk.

Yein looked at him with a frown, tears was forming in her eyes.

“Mwo..” Kai saw her teary eyed face.

“Can we just forget about it?” Yein suggested.

Kai looked away.

“I have a boyfriend. It doesn’t make me feel good about it. This is a mistake. I need to go.” Yein pulled her arm away and left.

“Did she just kiss me back?” Kai touched his lips. "Its... not a mistake."

---

 

With Hyoyeon.

“Ye. I’ll see you tomorrow Mr. Oh.” Hyoyeon giggled as she calls his boyfriend with his surname.

Sehun pouted. “You know I don’t like it when you call me like that right?”

“I know. That’s why I still keep on doing it.” Hyoyeon smiled.

“Aigoo, my girlfriend is so cute.”

Hyoyeon chuckled. “You know what Oh Sehun, it still feels weird talking to you like this, but it’s a good kind of weird.”

“I know. I feel the same, and it’s the best feeling ever.” Sehun replied.

“Gomawo for today.”

“You’re always welcome. Sleep tight noona.” Sehun said.

“You too Sehunie. Good night.” Hyoyeon replied, and placed her phone down on the table.

 

Hyoyeon looked at the clock. It was already 10:30 in the evening.

Before going to sleep, she stared at the ceiling and did a sign of the cross. “Thank you for giving me someone like Sehun. He is better than what I expect anyone could ever be.”

---

 

At Seoul International Airport.

“I’m back..” She said.