Confessions

Love Pain

 At the Jung’s residence.

 

“I can’t believe she left without any words..” Yunho told himself once he found out that Jessica left for the States.

“Is there something going on that I don’t know oppa?” Nicole asked the confused older brother.

Yunho shrugged. “I don’t know. You’re her friend.”

“I haven’t been able to hang out with her and Hyoyeon unnie for a while now because of school.” Nicole said.

The two turned silent for a period of time.

“Something bad might have happened because Jessica unnie would never leave her shop unattended even for a day. She would always make time to go and visit her shop, and the other weird thing is.. Krystal is still here. It means, its not a family problem.” Nicole stated.

“I just hope she’s alright, because Jaejoong told me she’s not okay.” Yunho sighed.

 

Moments later, Yunho’s phone started ringing.

KIM JAEJOONG.

 

“What’s up?” Yunho answered his phone.

“Are you busy?”

“Ani. Wae?”

“Could you come over?”

“Wae? Is Hyoyeon having her attacks again?” Yunho stood up from his sit and was about to grab his jacket and ready to speed off to the Kims when Jaejoong answered.

“She’s fine.. Its just that Hyo has been really depressed since Jessica left, I  thought that you could help?”

Yunho slowed down from what he heard. “Oh, okay.. I’m bringing Nicole too.”

 

The Jung siblings went straight to the Kim’s residence.

 

With Hyoyeon.

“I really hate that drama Hyo!” Jessica pouted.

“Because you watched the wrong part. Try watching the whole drama again!” Hyoyeon argued.

“What’s good about having your bestfriend like your boyfriend? It will all be the same, they will lose the friendship and the other one will stay with the boyfriend. End of story.” Jessica was being stubborn about Hyo’s favorite drama at the moment.

“It’s not just that Sica, if you have watched the latest episode, they made up in the end.” Hyoyeon was still persuading her.

Jessica shook her head. “I don’t like those kind of stories. I don’t like it when boys are getting in the way when it comes to friendship.”

Hyoyeon gave up on persuading Jessica on watching the drama.

 

Flashbacks of Hyoyeon and Jessica’s high school days came back to Hyoyeon.

“And in the end… they made up..” Hyoyeon repeated her words with tears slowly flowing down her face.

Hyoyeon breathed deep and wiped her tears. “Sica-yah. I miss you.”

 

A few minutes later, Hyoyeon heard a knock on the door.

“Hyo. Yunho and Nicole are coming over.” Jaejoong peeked.

“I.. I don’t feel like hanging out with anyone right now oppa.” Hyoyeon replied.

Jaejoong slowly walked towards his sister. “You’ve been in this room the past 3 days, Im getting worried.”

“Don’t worry, Im not suicidal. Just, I just don’t feel like doing anything right now.” Hyoyeon assured her older brother that she was okay.

Jaejoong patted her shoulder and left the room.

 

An hour later.

Hyoyeon received on message from Jessica through e-mail.

Kim Hyoyeon. Knowing you well, you have been crying right? Well, me too. My decision to leave was sudden but I have no regrets. My heart aches until now and I don’t know when it will end, but always remember that when you see me back there, I have already moved on. I stayed away for the best. Now that I know you really like him, there is no reason for you hesitate anymore. I will be disappointed if you won’t show him your feelings because that’s one reason why I left. I will come back as a better person and as your bestfriend. Saranghae. –Jessica.

Hyoyeon started to form tears once again but now she was smiling. Now, she was sure that Jessica will be there, maybe not right now, but eventually.

She took out Jessica’s friendship bracelet and smiled. “I will make it up to you.”

She then read the message again.

Now that I know you really like him, there is no reason for you hesitate anymore.’

I’m scared Sica. What if he doesn’t like me back?

 

Hyoyeon felt better at that moment, and she realized that, she should really go out now. IT ts indeed not good anymore to just stay in her room.

 

Hyoyeon went straight to the game room of the Kim mansion, only to find Jaejoong and Yunho playing video games and Nicole cheering for the two older guys.

“Can I join you guys?” Hyoyeon asked.

Yunho patted the space beside him.

Hyoyeon sat down.

“What made you change your mind?” Yunho asked.

“I just had the feeling that I should go out.” Hyoyeon replied. “Can I talk to you oppa? In private?”

Yunho looked at Nicole and Jaejoong who was over hearing the conversation.

Yunho nodded.

 

Once Yunho and Hyo were gone, Nicole sat next to Jaejoong.

“Oppa likes unnie.” Nicole said.

Jaejoong nodded.

“And youre okay with it?” Nicole asked.

“I don’t know Nicole. I don’t know if Im okay with it because it’s Yunho. He’s like me, but maybe I’m judging too much, because Donghae changed.” Jaejoong sighed. “Are you okay with them?”

Nicole shook her head.

“Wae?” Jaejoong asked. He did not want to judge Nicole eventhough Hyoyeon is her younger sister. She might have a good reason why.

“Because from the start, I thought it was Jessica unnie that he likes.” Nicole said.

Jaejoong nodded. Yunho did show affection to Jessica before. “But, why did you set up Yunho with other girls if you know he likes Jessica back then?”

“Because I want him to realize it on his own. I want him to like Sica unnie for the great person that she is and not just by the pushy little sister.” Nicole reasoned.

They both stayed silent.

“And like your own reason..  Yunho oppa is capable of breaking a girl’s heart. I don’t want that.” Nicole said.

 

 

With Yunho and Hyoyeon. They went into the balcony. Hyoyeon went straight to look at the night sky as she leaned on the counter.

“So, uh.. what’s up?” Yunho asked.

“Are you okay with all of this oppa?” Hyoyeon asked.

“With what?”

“Taking care of me whenever..”

“I’m okay with it Hyo. You’re like my little sister too.” Yunho said.

“What if I ask you to stop now?” Hyoyeon asked curiously.

“Is there something wrong?” Yunho asked back, he does not understand why Hyoyeon suddenly changed.

“What if we go back to just being acquaintances.” Hyoyeon looked at him not showing any signs of any single emotion.

“Then… Then I will respect your decision.” Yunho sighed. That was not he wanted to answer, but those words was the ones who came out.

“Will you stay away from me?” She asked once again.

Yunho braven up. “If you want me to.”

Hyoyeon then looked down. “That’s all I wanted to know.” She said. “Thanks for your time.”

Yunho was dumbfounded. So does that mean, she does not need his help anymore? Are they back to just being Jaejoong’s sister and bestfriend?

Yunho did not get more from Hyoyeon, so he slowly walked away but stopped when Hyoyeon spoke.

 

“That was not the answer that I wanted to hear, but since it came from you already..

“What are you trying to say Hyo. I don’t understand.” Yunho got frustrated.

Hyoyeon was surprised with Yunho’s reaction. She actually got scared with how serious Yunho’s face was.

Hyoyeon just blinked all way through.

Yunho sighed. “You know what… nevermind.” He said with a tone of frustration as he walks away.

 

Hyoyeon on the other hand closed her eyes. “Babo-yah Hyoyeon. Now he will definitely stay away from you.”

“I like you Oppa.” Hyoyeon said. “Aissh, why is it so hard to say that?” She frowned.

 

Little to Hyoyeon’s knowledge, Yunho was just leaning his back on the wall right next to the balcony’s door, so he could still hear every word she said.

Yunho had a smirk on his face. “I like you too Hyoyeon-ah.” He said and started to walk back to the game room silently with no intentions of telling Hyoyeon that he over heard her.

---

 

The next day..

Sehun ent to the Kim Mansion for the first time ever since the incident in the party happened. He went there to bother his bestfriend, but something else happened.

“Sehun?”

A very familiar voice made him stop from his steps, but he did not look back at her, he just stayed there.

“It’s nice to see you again.” Hyoyeon said from behind Sehun.

“Ne.” Sehun replied, still not looking.

“Is there something wrong?” Hyoyeon felt a bit weird that Sehun was being… the old Sehun, the cold one.

Sehun finally decided to look at her.

Hyoyeon smiled to see the young man’s pretty face. “I actually missed seeing you.”

Sehun is trying to fight his feelings at that moment.

“It has been long. Mianhae for what happened, I did not know that I would act up again.”Hyoyeon apologized.

“Don’t worry about it noona.” Sehun said with a hint of disappointment.

“I would like to make it up to you Sehun. I actually missed hanging out with you. Would you like to grab some lunch?” Hyoyeon asked.

Shun did not answer, he was still thinking if he wanted to.

“Oh, if you’re busy, nevermind then. Maybe some other time.” Hyoyeon added.

Sehun shook his head. “Sure, lunch would be good.”

“Jinjja? Let’s go then, let me just get my bag.” Hyoyoen ran up to her room.

 

“Am I doing this right?” Sehun asked himself. “Aishh. Oh Sehun.”