Wrong timing.

Love Pain

“Sehun, where are you?” Kai asked once Sehun picked up his phone.

“I can’t go there right now Kai, but I sent someone there for you.  I need to bring my sister to the hospital right now cause she’s been having fever lately.“ Sehun answered.

Once Kai hang up, he saw a familiar face walking in the restaurant. Kai stared at her, and when they met eyes, Yein smiled.

Kai slowly walked towards her. “What are you doing here?”

“Sehun sent me here to help you with this.” Yein showed  him the documents Kai was asking from Sehun.

Sehun’s parents invested in the business of Kai’s sister, and meeting new target clients and other investors, they needed help from the Oh family.

Kai smiled. “But, do you know what we’re gonna do today?” Kai asked as he read over the documents.

“Are you underestimating me Kai?” Yein smiled. “I grew up in a family where business is everything. I don’t think I still need to take up a degree in business anymore if I wanted to go to that career. I grew up in this kind of world.” Yein smiled.

“Then after you Ms. Kim.” Kai instructed Yein to walk first.

 

Once the meeting was over, one of the business men talked to Kai and Yein.

“I didn’t know that Ms. Kim works for the Oh company.” Mr. Yong said.

“Oh, ani Mr. Yong. I’m still a student, I don’t work for anybody. I’m just doing a family friend a huge favor.” Yein said.

Mr.Yong patted her back. “You’re a great friend to have then. Regards to your parents, I hope to meet them again soon.” Mr. Yong slowly walked away with his secretary trailing behind.

 

When the older guy was gone, Kai nudged Yein lightly.

“Ayee, Wae??” Yein whined.

“Gomawo. You did a good job.” Kai offered his hand.

Yein ignored his hand and patted his shoulder instead. “I’m good at this right?”

Kai smirked.

“Well, I better get going..” Yein was about to walk off when Kai grabbed her wrist.

“Wait.”

Yein looked at his hand then straight to his face. “Wae?”

“Let me treat you for dinner.” Kai suggested.

“Dinner?” Yein was thinking about it then smiled. “Sure.”

Kai chuckled. “Lets go.”

 

On their way to have dinner in a different restaurant, Donghae was on his way to the Kim mansion. He just came back from the international league that the Korean soccer team joined, and he did not tell anyone when he will come back to surprise his loving girlfriend.

Once he was outside the mansion, he fixed his clothes and checked the gifts he brought for the last time.

Donghae knocked on the door and revealed the butler.

“Oh, Donghae-ssi..” Butler Jang was surprised.

Donghae smiled and bowed to give respect to the older male. “Is Yein inside?” He whisphered.

“Oh, ani. Yein went out earlier. Have you tried calling her?”

Donghae shook his head. “I don’t have plans, I want to surprise her.”

“Im pretty sure Yein will be surprise to see you here Donghae-ssi. Would you like to come in?”

Donghae smiled and entered the familiar house. He went straight to the living room only to find Hyoyeon reading a magazine.

“Oh, Donghae oppa.” Hyoyeon smiled to see the older male.

“Annyeong Hyoyeon-ah. Where’s Yein?”

“Oh, she told me she’ll be having dinner out tonight. She might comeback later.”

“With who?”

“I think with Kai, cause Sehun asked her a favor about a meeting. I don’t really know the whole story.” Hyoyeon reasoned.

 

Donghae nodded but he was thinking why Yein would even have dinner with Kai, because a few months ago before he left, Yein said she hated how Kai is all so arrogant and a big jerk.

“Where’s Jae?” He asked.

“Jae oppa is on his way home.” Hyoyeon replied.

 

2 hours later, it was 9 in the evening. Donghae joined Hyoyeon and her parents for dinner at th Kim mansion.

Hyoyeon and Donghae could not still get a hold of Jaejoong and Yein.

Minutes have passed, Jaejoong arrived home.

“Donghae? What are you doing here? I thought your competition ends 2 months from now?” Jaejoong walked toward his friend.

“I asked if I could come home even for 3 days.” Donghae sighed. He is now losing hope on meeting his girlfriend today.

“Really? Where’s Yein?” Jaejoong looked at Hyoyeon.

“I tried calling her million times but she’s not picking up.” Hyoyeon reasoned.

 

A few minutes later, Donghae’s cellphone rang while he was talking to Jaejoong.

“Yoboseyo?” He answered.

“Oppa! You called? How?” Yein was flustered to hear her boyfriend’s voice.

Donghae sighed. “Where are you?”

“I..I’m on my way home. Where are you?”

“Come home quickly.” Donghae said and hang up.

 

Once Yein got home, she went straight to the living room to find her boyfriend chatting with her older brother.

“Lee Donghae!” Yein screamed and rushed towards him.

Donghae stood up and just stared at Yein. She attacked him with a tight hug. He was thinking at first if he would hug back, but not being able to see her for a longtime made him miss her so much.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Yein looked up at him.

“I was planning to surprise you.” Donghae answered and gave her a kiss on the lips. “Where have you been? Ive waited here for a long time.”

“Mwo?”

“Ne Yein-ah. Dongha oppa was here since 4PM. We tried calling your phone but you weren’t answering.” Hyoyeon joined.

“Mianhae. My phone was on silent.” Yein pouted.

“Where have you been?” Donghae asked.

“Kai offered me dinner for helping him. If I only knew you were coming home, I would have went home earlier.” Yein pouted.

Donghae nodded.

 

The couple went to the garden to have their alone time.

“You’re mad at me oppa.” Yein sat right across Donghae and pouted.

“No Im not. You didn’t know that I was coming back.” Donghae replied.

“How long are you staying?”

“Just a couple of days. I have to return there or I’m getting fired.” Donghae chuckled.

“I missed you so much oppa.” Yein added.

Donghae stood up and held her hand. He pulled her up from the sit and hugged her. “I missed you more, that’s why I came back in a rush.. Just to see you. To hug you and shower you with kisses.” Donghae kissed her cheek.

Yein blushed with Donghae’s  sweet moves.

“And I want you to know that there’s no single day I didn’t think about you.” Donghae whispered in her ear.

“Same here oppa. There’s no single day I did not look at your picture and tried talking to it.” She replied.

They talked for a couple more hours, until Yein excused herself to go to the restroom.

While she was away, her phone beeped signaling for a message received.

Donghae saw the name of the messenger.

KAI.

Then the phone started ringing. Kai was calling. In the middle of the night.

Donghae picked it up but did not speak.

“Yein. I forgot to give you back the handkerchief. I’ll return it to you the next time we meet and thank you for tonight by the way. I hope we can do this again some other time. Yein.. Yein?”

Donghae did not answer.

“Gwenchana?” Kai spoke once again and Donghae pressed the end call button.

Donghae placed down the phone.

“They’ve been hanging out.” Donghae said and tried to remember what Hyoyeon said earlier.

 

“What’s Yein  up to?” Donghae asked as he sipped his tea.

“Well, she’s been going out a lot lately. She and Kai started to get closer than before. I think since Sehun is too busy to hang out with her, she found Kai as a replacement.” Hyoyeon informed.

“Kai? But.. I thought she didn’t like him? Like, they were always arguing before.” Donghae asked.

Hyoyeon nodded. “I think it started at the party. Kai stayed with her even though he knows they might start a fight. I think she’s gaining one more guy friend. Aigoo my sister, she should start having friends that are girls.” Hyoyeon commented.

Donghae looked away. It did not feel right hearing all those stories. It was bothering him.

--