Choosing the leader

Don't hate me because I'm different

"Ok! I say it one more time...your left feet goes to the front and then you turn around! Ok let's do it now...5, 6, 7, 8..." And the music started again.

Jongup, Zelo and you were really trying to teach these boys dancing. But it was more difficult than you thought...okay no. To be honest only one person made you problems.

You stoped the music again...the 20th time.

"Youngjae!", you yelled. "What's your problem? I told you, first your feet and then turn around! What don't you get about this huh?"

Youngjae just looked annoyed at the ground.

"I told you", whispered Daehyun to Himchan who got immediately a glare from you. He lifted his hands in defead.

"Ok.", you sighed tired. "One more time...5, 6, 7"

"Can't we take a break?", asked Himchan annoyed. He looked down at himself. "Look, I'm already sweating. I heard sweating is not good for the skin. And I don't want ruin my perfect one."

"He's right Sae Ra.", agreed Jongup who you throw a confused look.

"Of course not because of our skin!", Jongup laughed nervously "We already danced more than one hour without a break...don't you think it's enough now?", he smiled nicely.

"No.", you answered emotionless.

Just at the same time your mobile phone began to ring. You walked over to your bag and heard the boys sighing in relief. Finally they could do  a break.

"Hello.", you anwered the call.

"Sae Ra, we need you here!", said your boss. You looked confused at the clock.

"But boss, it's only 7 p.m. My shift starts at 10 p.m."

"Yeah but Shin Hae is ill. I need you here. Be there in 40 minutes."

"In 40 minutes? But boss I will need one hours to..."

"I don't care!", he suddenly yelled. "We are not in one of the poor country you originally come from! Punctionality is important HERE! Come now or you're out!" and with this he hung up.

You sighed frustrated, not only in your school but also at your work you were bullied. 


Flashback


"Oh look who is coming! Miss monkey who things she can talk with Byun Baekhyun." a girl noted.

*Oh no, it's starting again*

Someone pushed you from behind, but gladly you could hold your ballance.

"Watch out.", a girl snickerd and left. You sighed and continued walking into you class.

All eyes were on you. You sat down on your table and surched for your books.

"How dare she.", a girl whispered behind her with other femals,

"I don't know. But the most strangly thing is, that BYUN BAEKHYUN spoke with her. The hottest of the sunbaes here."

"Mmhmm. But I think he just wanted to be nice...you know because she was 'hurt'", you could already hear her question marks.

"Yeah you're right. She is nothing special. He just wanted to be friendly. Oppa is just too kindhearted. Aaaah I really love him."

"Oh yes, so do I!"

"Ditto!" and they began titter loudly. You couldn't hepl but roll your eyes, it was just too annoying.

"MONKEY!", you hear someone call you. You didn't bothered turning around. Why should you? Monkey isn't your name.

But maybe you should have done it. You felt cold water on your back.

"What the hell!", you yelled and turned around. You saw 3 guys. One of them had a bucket in his hand. The one with the bucket...you recognized his face...but what was his name again?

"Why the hell did you do that?", you shrieked angry.

"Why not?", laughed one of them. "But I really didn't thought, it would be that funny.", he laughed and high fived the one with the bucket.

"You!", you pointed your finger to the guy who you already knew.

"Why did you do that? I didn't do something wrong!"

"Just yesterday you bumped into me.", he smirked. "I told you, you would regret it."

"You said the next time!", you remembered angry, but he just shrugged with your shoulders.

He turned around and he and his friends were about to go when he suddenly stopped and turned his head back to.

"But yeah, there is actually a reason why I did this." You didn't said a thing, you just shivered because of the water on your back and glared at him.

"I don't like your face."

And he left.

*!* everything screamed in you to catch up with him and just to give him a punch in his face when the teacher entered.

"Morning~", she sang but stoped when she saw you. She lifted an eyebrow.

"What happened?"

"Can I please go change?", your voice broke at the last word. You felt like crying but you would never show it.

But you think the teacher understood that you weren't in the mood to explain everything so she let you leave and got a change at the restroom.

You walked past your locker when there was written in red color: 'Too black. Get out.'

Really. Life was just too ridiculious.



Back in time


"I'll leave now.", you told the guys packed your things rapidly.

"Why?", Zelo whined.

"Work.", you answered and looked around if you forgot something.

"What do you work?", asked Yongguk.

"Non of your business.", you answered and headed to the door but stoped.

"Listen guys.", you started to get their attention. "We are now in one group. But that doesn't mean, that we are friends or something. I just want to clear out that privacy stays privacy. So everything what isn't happening in this dance hall, is non of your business. In public you don't have to talk to me. Just pass like you don't know me." you sighed because you heard your own meanness. "But uhm...you danced well today."

And you rushed out of the door.

After a few metres you chuckled to yourself. You couldn't even be nice with someone who had no problem with. *Stupid thing* still chuckling you ran down the path to your work.



                                                                                ^^~~~^^~~~^^~~~^^~~~^^^~~~


"Why did we even came?", asked Himchan annoyed.

"Come on hyung. She isn't even that bad.", Jongup smiled friendly.

"Yes, she is!", he groaned. "Haven't you heard her? 'Non of your business' bla bla bla" , he tried to copy her.

Daehyun and Youngjae laughed about the little weird act.

"Anyway.", Himchan looked at Jongup and Zelo. "Why are you even nice to her? She is also rude to you two.", he stated.

"She's not." Zelo pointed out. "She just...don't open up to people fast. She needs time.", explained Jongup.

"Open up to people?", wheezed Himchan. "How could someone cold hearted like her open up? She let us dance almost an hour without any break!"

"Cold hearted people wouldn't say that you danced well." Yongguk said,  but more to himself deep in thoughts.

"That's right! She can be nice.", Zelo nodded entusiastically.

"This is nice for you?", Daehyun asked in disbelieve. "Being nice means to me that you smile at least to someone you dance with and not acting like a robot."

Yongguk sighed. He wasn't tired at all. He is an athlet, but he felt sorry for his dongsaengs. They looked like they would faint every minute...especially Youngjae.

"Let's go home and rest...I think we'll meet her tomorrow again.", Yongguk suggested

3 of them groaned annoyed while the last 3 were just ignoring them and going out.



                                                                                                   ^^~~~^^~~~^^~~~^^~~~^^~~~^^


"OK I SAY IT THE LAST TIME! YOUR ING LEG BELONGS TO THE FRONT AND THEN YOU TURN AROUND!", you shouted at Youngjae. He was still the only one who didn't get it.

"STOP SHOUTING AT ME!", he shouted back.

"WHY SHOULD I? YOU'RE TOO STUPID GET THE EASYEST DANCE MOVES! BUT A SO CALLED BRANIC? JUST TO LAUGH!"

"I AM INTELLIGENT!"

"THEN WHY THE HELL DON'T GET THAT MOVE HUH?"

"YOU'RE NOT MY BOSS"

"HERE IN THIS HALL I AM YOUR ING BOSS"

"The two of you.Shut up." Yongguk didn't yelled or raised his voice he just stop with a very dark voice, but you two immediately shut up.

In this mood Yongguk was really scray.

Dead silence filled the room and you got tired of it.

"You think I'm not your boss?", you asked Youngjae with your raised eyebrow.

"You are definitely not."

"Then let's choose.", you gave back.

"How should we choose?", Zelo asked.

"With a game.", he smiled evilly.

"Which game?", asked Jongup curiously.

Your smile grew wider. "...How about the 'pepero game'?"




                                                                                       ^^~~~^^~~~^^^~~~^^~~~^^


"Who wants to start?", all of you were sitting on the ground of the dance hall. No one raised their hand.

Daehyun sighed. "Ok, I start.". He looked at the others. "Jongup?", he asked. Jongup shrugged with his shoulders. "Yeah, why not."

Daehyun put the it between his teeth and Jongup was at the other end.

They began to bite slowly. They came closer. And closer...and closer and....aaaaah Jongup jerked away.

"Won", Daehyun smiled.

And this continued. Daehyun with Himchan. Himchan won. Himchan with Zelo. Himchan wins. Himchan with Youngjae. Youngjae wins. Youngjae with Yongguk. Youngjae wins.

"WOOOOOOHOOO! I'M THE LEADER!", she cheered happily.

"Congrats bro.", smiled Daehyun. 

"Yeah congrats.", Himchan clapped his hands.

Youngjae looked triumphantly at you. "Now I am the boss!"

"No you're not.", you disagreed.

"Are you blind?", he asked angry. "I have won!"

"Yeah...but not against me.", you smirked. He looked at you with surprised eyes.

"Y-Y-Y-You?", he stuttered.

"Yeah. M-M-M-Me", you copied him.

"But you're the youngest. I've never heard that the youngest can be a leader.", stated Youngjae.

"In korea maybe.", took one stick. "But I am half american baby.", you smirked at Youngjae. "So everything is possible."

You put the stick between your teeths, but Youngjae didn't moved an inch. You put the stick out. "Scared?", you asked with a raised eyebrow.

He looked angry at you. "Never."

"Then let's start this now."

You put it back in your mouth and Youngjae bit the other end. Everyone in the room gasped. No one of them imagined Youngjae would do that...that was too un-Youngjae like.

He slowly began to bite. You didn't moved, you just watched him moving. He was REALLY slowly. Inside yourself you sighed.

Really. Guys in korea were too shy for you.

To hurry all this thing up and to make it interesting you made a unexpected move.

You straighted your back and moved to Youngjae, biting a big piece of the stick and sitting with spread legs on his lap.

"Oh..."

"My..."

"What the hell..."

They all couldn't believe what you just did. This was really too unexpected for them. 

Youngjae was frozen, he didn't move. He couldn't. His eyes were totally open and round, you had a smile on your face.

*Let's and this.* You got closer again, almost touching Youngjae's lips.

He got out of his frozen state and pushed you so hard, you fell back at the ground.

"Ouch!", you complained. "This wasn't necessary!"

"Y-Y-You...W-W-Why...YOU!", he burst out.

"My goodness, calm down. You're behaving like a ." You stood up and brushed the dirt of your sport pants. You looked at the clock.

"Damn it. I have to leave and learn for school. Let's meet...uhm..yeah, I'll call you." you turned around.

"YAH! MONKEY WAIT!", Youngjae shouted after you.

"DON'T CALL ME MONKEY!", you shouted back. You turned your head to the still shocked faces. 


"Call me leader."