First Competition

Don't hate me because I'm different

"We can do this. We can do this. We can. We can do this.", Zelo praid infront of the big entrance where Koreas Best Dance Crew would start.

"We can. We can do this.", he repeated over and over again.

"Stop it, Zelo. You're making me nervous.", said Himchan who was already sweating like hell.

"I'm sorry hyung but-", Zelo stopped talking and took a deep breath. "I dreamt every night about it since I was 5 and-", his voice broke and he turned around to hide his tears.

"He's just happy and excited hyung.", reasoned Jongup and patted their maknaes shoulder. "And so are we, Zelo.", Jongup looked up with a happy smile. *Finally*, he thought.

"What about Sae Ra?", Yongguk asked concern. "She's running late."

"She better won't even come.", muttered Himchan.

"Hm? What did you say Himchan?", Yongguk asked but Himchan shook his head and shot Youngjae a glare.

Youngjae looked guilty down.



------------------------------------ Flashback



"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!", shouted Himchan at Youngjae.

"What do you mean?", Youngjae played dumb and looked away.

"YAH! YOU BRAT!", Himchan hit Youngjae's head annoyed.

"HYUNG!"

"SHUT UP!"

Himchan tried to calm down. "How can you do this to your dongsaeng Youngjae ah?", he asked now disappointed.

"I did nothing.", Youngjae whispered.

"You almost kissed the girl that your dongsaeng fell in love with!", Himchan yelled.

"Almost", Youngjae repeated. "But nothing happened so let's just forget about that and focus on the dance competition."

"I don't care about this damn dance competition but about Jongup, Youngjae!", Himchan argued.

"If he'll find out-"

"He won't because nothing happened!", Youngjae almost shouted. "Nothing happened, so don't make a big thing out of it."

"Do you maybe like her?", Himchan asked irritated. 

"What?", Youngjae gasped. "Are you mad hyung? How could I like such a girl? I mean...just look at her!", Youngjae yelled and started to walk up and down the room.

"She curses all the time, she insults people, she talks too loud and too much! She-she things she owns the world and can command us around! She starts to get agressiv and to hit people and-"

"And she was the one who was nice to you. She was the one who suggested to have you as her dance member. She helped you with the dance moves and she helped you to lose weight.", Himchan interuppted him angry.

Youngjae looked away with a deep frown.

"It wouldn't surprise me if you would like her.", stated Himchan calm this time. "But think of your dongsaeng."

"I don't like her.", said Youngjae firmly, clenching his fists. "I don't."



--------------------------------------------End of flashback


"Yeah, seriously. Where is she?", Daehyun looked around and finally spotted a hated but familiar figure.

"Guys look! Sehun this bastard. What is he doing here?", he asked and pointed at Sehun.

"Sehun hyung!", Zelo squeaked and waved happily. "Hyung! Over here!"

Sehun walked over to the boys with a grumpy face. 

"Hello hyung!", Zelo greeted friendly.

"Hey.", Sehun nodded at the others than stared blankly at the entrance.

"So this is it, huh?", he chuckled bitterly. "Unbelievable."

"Are you jelouse?", Daehyun asked. "Don't be. Maybe next time you'll be able to join."

But Sehun didn't bothered to give him a look. He kept his eyes at the entrance until his phone started to ring.

"Hello?...Yes, they are here....Ok...Bye.", he hung up and looked at the boys.

"Sae Ra will be here any second.", he said seriously. Sehun looked at Youngjae with an intense stare but Youngjae just started back.

"You know.", said Sehun.

"I know.", answered Youngjae.

"I have to trust you.", said Sehun with a frown. "Can I?"

"You have to.", replied Youngjae.

They continued to stare at each other for a while until Sehun broke the stare. "I go now. Bye." and he left without a second look.



"What was that?", whispered Daehyun to Himchan.

"I don't know. But it was creepy.", Himchan shuddered and shook his head. "This boy has such a bad aura."

Daehyun nodded.

Suddenly they saw a car stopping infront of them. A black little Audi with tanned windows.

The car door opened and you got off the car. You hair was now cut nicely short and dyed in honey brown. You were wearing casual male cloths: A large wide t-shirt with baggy jeans and sneackers. You were wearing  large sun glasses with a black mask which were hiding your face perfectly.

But instead of greeting the guys you turned around to the driver and said something to him, then  you waved and he drove off.

You walked slowly over to the boys and gave them a short nod.

They looked at you from head to toe.

"I don't think it'll work.", said Himchan with a frown.

"Dongsaeng looks good in male cloths.", complemented Zelo shy.

But instead of complaining or thanking them you just past them and entered the lobby.

"What the- Yah! Wait!", they shouted and ran after you.

-------

The secretary had a extremly bored face when she saw B.A.P walking in.

"How can I help you?", she asked with a fake smile.

"We are here for Korea's Best Dance Crew.", explained Yongguk. "We are competitors."

"Passes please.", she said and held out her hand. Daehyun froze and nugged Youngjae lightly.

"Sae Ra.", he whispered panic. "She's a girl on the passport! What to do?"

Realising the situation Youngjae looked shocked at Sae Ra. He tried hard to think about a possiblity to hide her identity when Sae Ra took out her ID and showed it the secretary. She looked at it with a bored face but then she raised an eyebrow.

B.A.P held their breaths.

"Sam Smith?", she asked and looked at Sae Ra who gave her a short nod.

"Your ID says that you're american.", said the secretary.  Yongguk felt Sae Ra nudging him lightly when he finally understood.

"Yes, she - I mean he was born in America, but she's- I mean he's half korean.", he said rapidly.

"I see.", she nodded and looked again at Sae Ra who looked kind of strange with her large sun glasses and mask.


"Can you please take of fyour glasses and mask, I need to see your face to compare the photo on your passport with your face."

Again B.A.P held their breaths and look at Sae Ra what she would do next.

Sae Ra slowly lifted her hand up and pulled her glasses down. The secretary frowned when she say her large eyes, but suddenly Sae Ra started to cough uncontrollable. While coughing she would nudge Yongguk who immediately understood.

"He uhm, he's very ill,you see!", he pointed at her. "If you don't want any germs let him wear his mask", Yongguk whispered.

The secretary nodded disgusted and rapidly did the paper work to get them away from her.




"Thank god!", Himchan sighed. "I thought I'll die any minute."

".", Daehyun whispered to Youngjae and they both started giggling.

"But Sae Ra, from where did you get the passport.", Yongguk asked confused.

But instead of answering you just shrugged and walked past them with a bored face.

"What's wrong with her?", asked Daehyun Himchan.

"Menstruation my friend. Menstruation."


                                                                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~

Youngjae's POV

We all were lead into a big hall where were many other people popping, jerking, c-walking and doing many other dance walks.

These had to be the our rivals. They all looked really confident with what they were doing. I slowly started to feel nervous.  These people seemed to be experienced and really great dancers. I observed some some more and I felt like I would vomit any minute. They were too good.

We were going to embarass ourselves.

Suddenly I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I look down and saw Sae Ra staring up at me. She gave me I sign to bend down a bit. I obyed and she whispered near my ear.

"Don't be nervous. We are as good as they are. We'll pass the audition and come to the live shows.", she pulled down her glasses and I could see her eyes smiling since her mask hid the rest of her face.

I just had to stare at her pretty brown, almost black, eyes. Her eyes were like a black hole which wouldn't let you go.

She pulled her glasses back up and walked to other boys and also whispered something to them.

They were all tensed, just like me, but after talking to Sae Ra they also looked a bit relaxed.


"Welcome everyone!", we heard a man greeting with a microphone. All attention went to him.

"Welcome to Korea's Best Dance Crew!", everyone clapped and whistled loudly. 

"Take a number from this box and sign it with your crew name. We will call out your number and group name one by one and you'll dance infront of our judges!"

"Please welcome our judges: Kim Tae Song, Kim Yong Min and Hong Seung Sung!"

Everyone cheered and clapped louder than before when the judges enterd the hall.

"Sooo~SHOULD WE START NOW?!", the man on the microphone shouted and everyone shouted a : "YES"


----------


"Which number do we have?", asked Himchan, whipping the sweat on his forehead away.

"Number 25", said Jongup.

We were all nervous expect from Sae Ra.

"Yah, are you ok?", I nudged her lightly and she nodded. I couldn't see her face since she was wearing her sun glasses again, but I believed her.

We were allowed to watch our rivals threw the TV.

20 dance groups had been there already, but they didn't manage to pass. In my opinion they were great, but well, not everyone's lucky.

"They are really strict and hard to convince.", stated Yongguk.

We all nodded in agreement.

We continued watching until number 24 was on the screen. Our mouths fell open when we recognized some faces.

"I-Is...isn't th-this..."Zelo stuttered and looked shocked at his hyungs and Sae Ra.

"Damn it!", Daehyun cursed and looked in disbelieve at the TV.

"What are D.O, Chanyeol and Baekhyun doing here?!", Himchan almost shouted.

Damn it! What were they doing here?! Can they even dance?`I mean-WHAT?!

"Sae Ra", Jongup whispered and looked at her. "They'll recognize you."

But instead of saying something you stood up and ran out of the room.

Me and Jongup were about to run after her when Yongguk held us back. "Let her be."

"But hyung", I started but he held up his hand.

"Youngjae, try to understand her. How would you feel when you wouldn't be able to fullfil your dream now, because the person who bullied you, the person who betrayed you and the person you once used to love are also dancing here?", Yongguk asked me directly. I looked away.

"Yeah, just like this.", he whispered and looked back at the screen.

"Have you ever seen these other boys before?", asked Daehyun frowing. "No.", answered Himchan. "Probably their friends."

Everyone started to watch their performance but I was to occupied to thing of Sae Ra.

Was she ok? How was she feeling? Was she maybe crying or starting a fight with someone? I was too occupied with these thoughts until Daehyun started to groan. "Damn it, they are good.", he said and looked down.

"How we'll be able to beat this?!", yelled Himchan in frustration.

They all looked at their leader. Yongguk sighed and looked defeated at the ground. "Maybe-", but before he could continued someone had kicked his back. He turned sharply his head around to glare at the person, when he saw that it was Sae Ra.

She gave us a sign to follow her.


We walked into a little corridor where no one seemed to be there.

She pulled her glasses and mask down. "Take these.", she whispered and pulled from her bag six black masks out.

"What should we do with them?", asked Himchan when he took one.

"Pee on it?", you asked sarcastically. He gave you a disapproving look while you just sighed. "Just wear it, arasso?"

"But why?", asked now Zelo.

"The judges will ask me to put down my mask. But if we all have one, we can explain that this is our crew sign!", she explained. "Yongguk as our leader will be the only one talking and we'll be an unit in their eyes, got it?", she asked us. Zelo and Jongup nodded immediately.

"Makes sense", muttured Himchan.

"I like that idea.", said Daehyun and put the mask on.

This was really a great idea. I smiled while a was looking at her and took the mask.

"But what about these boys?", asked Yongguk. "They'll defenitly recognize you.", he said.

"I know.", she sighed. "But...we really have to do this.", she whispered. "Let's just try it and if it won't work then...", you took a deep breath. "Then we'll try it next time."

*There won't be any next time if we don't win pabo!*, I thought irritated. 

"Yeah you're right. Let's try and if it won't work then we'll try it next year.", Jongup nodded and took a mask.


"Number 25?", we heard the loudspeaker say and looked at each other.

"We can do this!", said Zelo and put his hand in the middle. Everyone did the same. "We can do this. FIGHTING!"




                                                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B.A.P walked into the dance room where the judges were waiting for them.

"1, 2, 3: We are B.A.P! Yes, sir!", they greeted the judges. The judges smiled satisfide.

"So you already have your own slogan.", said Kim Yong Min and they nodded.

"Why are you all wearing masks? Can't you take them off?" asked Hong Seung Sung and frowned.

Yongguk pulled his mask down and smiled. "It's our crew sign sir.", he exlpained and the judges nodded.

"Ok then. But", Kim Tae Song looked now directly at Sae Ra. "Is this boy korean?", he asked with a frown.

"Half.", explained Yongguk. "She- He is half korean half american.", Yongguk explained nervous.

"His skin is quiet dark.", said Kim Tae Song. "Are you a soccer player?"

You slowly shook your head.

"Do you like to hang outside? Really boy,you look kind of shabby", he said and frowned unhappy. "We have to do some changes with you-"


"Mr Kim", interrupted him Yongguk with a polite but firm voice. "His father is afro american. He's half black."

Everyone fell silence for a moment.

"Then uhm...should we start now?", Kim Tae Song asked, not even thinking to apologize.

B.A.P frowned slightly but bowed afterwards. Yongguk explained: "We have our own music here. We would like to dance to it."

"You mean, you produced your own music?", asked Seung Sung surprised.

"Yes, sir.", Yongguk agreed.

"It's risky.",Yong Min added.

"We wouldn't be B.A.P when we wouldn't take risks.", said Yongguk with an assuring smile.

"Well then. Let's start."




                                                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


After their dance to Warrior, the judges were intensivly looking at them.

"I want you to stay like this!", complimented Seung Sung. "Manly, loud, full with charisma. I really liked it. You're doing your own thing and your sign makes you also quiet mysterious. It's great. A big yes from me."

"I really like your music. You did it on your own? Wow. Great job boys. Also a yes from me.", said Yong Min and nodded his head.

B.A.P was smiling brightly behind their mask.

"There's still a lot to do, but for now it's ok.", said Tae Song while looking at his paper. "Yongguk you're the leader, right? Continue with your hard work."

But instead of thanking him Yongguk shook his head. "I'm not the leader. It's Sam.", he pointed to you.

"He did everything for us. The choreo and encouraged us to participate."

"Is that so.", said Tae Song surprised. "But he's the youngest of you 7"

"That doesn't matter for us. He's the leader and no one could be better than him.", said Yongguk proud and patted lightly your shoulder.

"Then leader Sam.", said Seung Sung. "I welcome you and B.A.P in Korea's Best Dance Crew."



                                                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Oh my god! We did it!", Zelo shouted when he exited the dance room.

In the hall everyone applauded for them. "You were great!", they complemented.

"Thank you!! God luck to you all!", Zelo shouted and jumped happy around.

Daehyun, Jongup and Himchan joined Zelo while Yongguk was in the lobby, doing some paper stuff.

Youngjae was next to you. "We really did it Sae Ra.", he whispered to you.

Even though you were still wearing your mask your eyes were smiling brightly at him.

"We'll win this and pay the bill for your operation.", said Youngjae assuring. But instead of seeing you smile again, your eyes seemed to be watery.

"Aigoo. Don't cry.", he said and pulled you into a hug. "Don't cry and be happy.", he whispered to you.

"Because we did it."



The guys were loudly talking to each other and bragging with themselves until 6 figures were standing infront of them.

"Look at this. The losers of our school are here!", D.O clapped his hands. 

"Congrates for passing the audition", said Baekhyun quietly. He looked at the short figure which was hiding behind Youngjae.

"Fatty, you were great I didn't know you were able to lift you knee.", said D.O and patted Youngjae's shoulder who looked like he would punch D.O any seond.

"Omo.", D.O. looked at you. You had your sun glasses on and hoped he wouldn't recognize you.

"Your leader is quiet short", he laughed. Youngjae pulled you unnoticably back behind his back and glared at D.O.

"We should leave.", said Beakhyun and  looked at D.O. "It's time."

"Yeah, yeah. We should celebrate passing the audition!", D.O clapped his hand and waved you all.

"Bye losers."

Everyone started to turn their backs at you and walked away, expect from Chanyeol.

He was directly staring at you.

"Why aren't you coming?", asked D.O. Chanyeol.

"I'm just wondering...", smirked Chanyeol and titled his head. "What Sae Ra is doing here?"