White with silver linings

Teacher, Student and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was Teacher appreciation day.

My eyes scanned through the hall that was crowded by the thickening mass of humanity. Laughter and chatters were echoing in every part of the hall. I looked to the left and saw two familiar girls giving their present to the same teacher. They both were from my class, Choa and Seolhyun.  My head later turned to the right, witnessing a male student taking a selfie with Miss Kwon. Of course, who doesn’t recognize her. She was holding a stick of unbloomed rose, believed to be a gift from the male student. He looked nervous although it was masked by his wide smile while they capture a two or more pictures together. My lips unknowing curved to a faint smile.

Then my eyes shifted to the front, and saw him. He was wearing a pale blue dress shirt with a matching dark blue tie. His hair was combed and gelled to the back, though there were little strands of hair sticking out framing his face. That hairstyle made the features of his face really shown and I hated how everyone in this hall were able to see it; his beautiful forehead, his pointy chin, his sharp jawline and thick and fierce eyebrows. Call me selfish but he is mine.

This ‘he’ I was prattling about is Kris Wu, my physics teacher and my lover.

I only looked as he was approached by a bunch of girls probably to give presents and take pictures together. Expectedly, Min Ah was one of them, clinging so close to him. Her hands casually wrapped around his arm as she smiled widely. My eyes twitched looking at it in exasperation. If only he did not fold his sleeves up to his elbow, she wouldn’t lay her hands directly to his skin. I sighed simultaneously throwing out all the negative thoughts. The feeling of jealousy and aggravation a girlfriend has to endure alone is such a pain.

It stopped my train of fruitless thoughts when our gaze suddenly met. I was amazed how we were able to connect through the sea of people and noises at such a distant. Our eyes were looking at each other longer than usual. He smiled sweetly at me.

I want to hug you right now, I can feel I was blushing quite abruptly.

I instantly looked away, realizing how idiot of me for not returning back the smile. I tried to fix back my unstable breathe by inhaling the surrounding air a little more deeply and let it out through my mouth slowly. My heart skipped a bit just now.

After few seconds of looking down to the maroon-coloured tiles, I deliberately lifted my eyes to look at him again. Disappointedly, his eyes were already on someone else. His smile was already on someone else. He was grinning while talking to one of the students around him.

Miss Kwon suddenly came into scene talking about something to him. I was a little curious of the subject they were talking about. She lightly pulled him by the forearm, which instantly ached my heart a little just by watching. She was smiling while talking to him as she led him towards this way, where I was standing.

 Our eyes met again.

It literally made my heart quiver, almost skipping a beat or two. I turned away to avoid the stare, hopefully thinking that I could vanish into mid air or something.

“All the teachers were calling you for a photo together”, Miss Kwon’s voice was heard as they both passed behind me.

I jolted immediately when I felt somebody trailing their fingers behind my back. The owner to the fingers was expectable. I slowly looked to my back and saw him walking away from me with a mischievous smile pasted on his face. He was not looking at me yet that smirk was clearly for me.

Why...is my heart beating incredibly fast from just a slight touch?

I was happy. I was so happy and contented I cannot wait to see him later. Looking at him any longer, with Miss Kwon being unbelievably close to him would not make me feel any better. Hence, I walked away from the hall.

 

I waited at the usual abandoned classroom with an unsteady heartbeat. It was a mix of nervousness, anxiety, contented and anticipation being grabbed altogether and shoved into my fragile heart at once. I uttered a sighed as I eyed the small turquoise box I was holding to. I texted him earlier;

‘Meet me at the usual spot. I have something to give you’.

After approximately four minutes, I heard the sound of shoe soles smacking the floor echoed through the silent hallway. He was running towards here and the louder the sound of his running, the faster my heart beats. My eyes were fixed to the door, expecting his sweet smile.

“Sorry I’m late”, he said in his heavy breathing.

He stopped right in front of the door, one hand on the side of the door frame to support his energy-deficiency body. Once he was able to catch up to his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter