Somnolent

Teacher, Student and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MONDAY.

"It hurts..", she whimpered in pain.

"It's alright, I'm here"

"Mr Yong! Han Na's sleeping again", Han Na jerked back up as she heard someone yelling her name.

It was no other than Min Ah, looking at her with a 'serve you right' smirk. Han Na did kind of spaced out since history class started, and eventually ended up sleeping. She got called by Mr Yong twice earlier, but her concentration only lasted for several minutes before she dozed off again. She did counted the number of hours she got to sleep last night and it was barely more or less than four hours. Hence, it was not a surprise that she was restless and exhausted today. The pain she suffered after last night didn't help neither.

"Han Na, I don't want to do this but this is already the third time I've warned you. Now stand outside class !", he said quite in a calm way.

She let out a faint sigh before nodding and walked towards the class' door. She heard the chuckles of satisfaction from Min Ah accompanied with Jung Hee's scoffed, right before she made her way out of the classroom.

As soon as she was outside, she closed the door slowly and leaned her back on the nearest wall, sighing again. Her brain was slow in function, throbbed in pain at the same time. From the first second she woke up today till now, she can't help but to remember the scene of last night, which also the cause of her not paying attention in class. It would just kept replaying in her mind eventhough she forced herself not to. It was a relief that Mr Yong only said to her softly albeit he was obviously annoyed with her dozing off while he was teaching.

At least now is lesson period, so maybe there's not that much student walking pass by this hallway, she reassured herself.

She looked down to her shoes, suddenly had interested in the way she tied the shoelaces into a quite perfect ribbon. She wiggled one of his foot boringly.

After a few minutes of waiting aimlessly, she heard a deep shoe heels sound coming towards the hallway. She lifted her head and looked towards her right, came a tall guy with a nice body. She admired the way his body figured perfectly in that sky blue shirt matching with a dark colour tie. She examined closer to the owner's face, only to went dumbfounded as she found out it was Kris songsaenim. 

I knew that body's familiar, she thought and ended up feeling embarrassed to the fact that she said that in her head.

She hated these typical involuntary action she always went through everytime Kris was near her ; how her hands started to felt moisture, her mind went out of function, she started to talk nonsense and most predominantly, that specific speed of her heart beating for him.

Don't talk to me. Don't talk to me.

She sort of prayed inside her hand, mentally both hands clasped together. She did not wanted him to talk to her since she never know how would she respond. She sured that it would turn out dumb and awkward.

However of course Kris would stop right there in front of her, lending the sweetest smile that made her knees wavered, losing its strength. 

"Why are you here?", he asked quite seriously. He didn't smile though, it was all just Han Na's imagination. She did wished to punch herself on the face for that. 

"Detention", she replied shortly.

"I know. I meant what did you get detention for?", he questioned her again, creases on his forehead getting deeper. Since Han Na was leaning her body to the wall, standing Kris seemed higher than usual. Eventhough he was already high as the skyscrapper while standing next to her. And so she stood properly, editing out the scene of 'the skyscraper met a shady tree'.

"I...slept in class", she looked down again to her shoes.

His face drastically change as he raised both his eyebrows in surprise. "Oh I'm...sorry then", he apologized at once.

Han Na lifted her face and looked at him quizically, "What are you sorry for?".

"You must be really tired since you're lacking of sleep, and it must be hurt too since...it's your first time", he cleared his throat.

Han Na looked away, feeling shameful after Kris awaken that precious moment inside her head again. You don't have to say that right now, she screamed shamefully in her head. In the mean time, Kris admire the way her face turned crimson red all the way up to her ears. He realized she did not tie her hair like she always did in school, and thought that maybe because she was in a rush this morning. He felt sorry nonetheless. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter