Empty

Teacher, Student and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Kris woke up with a severe headache. To sum up his misfortune, he realized today is the usual weekday, which meant he have to get up on his feet and get ready to school. But before doing so, he kind of stayed on his bed looking blankly in the empty room. Normaly at this time, he would wake up next to Han Na. He sighed heavily as he burried his face on his palms.

He did not sleep well last night. Stating the real fact, he did not sleep at all.

His heart was still bombarded with the gultiness and such torment, physically and mentally. A tear unknowingly fell from his left eye. 

His mind flashback to what happened last night after Han Na slapped him and ran away. He despondently walked back into the house, only to find Mei Yuan standing there beside the kitchen counter. She was only standing there, not saying a word, probably felt sorry for him. 

"I'm sor-", before she could even finish her word, Kris stopped her.

"Just...get out", his voice were weak and draggy.

Mei Yuan quickly left the house soon after that and promised to him not to return ever again. Once he heard the sound of the door being closed, he scoffed to himself. He raised his right hand in front of his face and stretched it wide before curling it to a fist. His clenched hand was so tight he could feel his nails digging into his skin. He punched the wall hard with it, full of indignant and hatred towards himself. He took that as a punishment for himself although it was not enough. The pain hurt of course, but not as hurt as Han Na's heart after what he did. 

 

 

"Kris, here is the club's namelist. And can you help me to pass this to-", Miss Kwon stopped from speaking when she noticed Kris was not paying attention. He was looking down this whole time. 

"Urm Kris?", she waved a hand in front of his face.

Kris immediately came back to reality after that. He gasped the moment he saw Miss Kwon standing there right in front of his desk. "Owh Miss Kwon, sorry, you were saying?", he blankly smiled.

"How many times do I have to tell you? it's alright to call me Yuri", she frowned.

"Oh sorry, so what is it?", he eyed the file and papers that she was holding.

Miss Kwon's eyes followed to where he was looking, "Ahh this, the namelist for the Nature club you asked for", she handed him the papers. "And can you give this to Miss Jung when she arrive later", she gave him the file afterwards. Kris took it from her and nodded, "Oh sure I will". Once he took the file from her, she did not let go and that puzzled him. 

"Urmm Yuri?", he looked at her quizzically.

"Your hand, what's wrong?", Miss Kwon asked, eyes wide looking at the bandaged hand. 

Kris felt like cursing the moment she found out. He totally forgot about his wrapped hand. There was no point to hide it now since it was already seen by her obviously. "Ahh this, I...fell", he shortly replied, clearly not very good at lying. Miss Kwon looked at him with a smirk while both eyebrows raised high. She placed a hand on his hips, "You're bad at lying you know that".

"Hmm guess I am", he shrugged.

Miss Kwon giggled, "Even a primary student know that's not a fall. So why? did you punch a wall?".

Kris stayed silent while eyeing at his hand. Han Na's smiling face unexpectedly appeared in his head like the sudden breeze that comes and vanish in seconds. Her laughter were coming like whispers through his ears. However, that smiling face and voice suddenly faded to that scene where she slapped him while crying her heart out under the night sky. Hundreds of stars were his witness that night.

The school bell rang, stopping his train of thoughts. He mentally heaved a releving sigh and stood up. 

"I have to get to class, we'll talk later", he said and took the file that was on Miss Kwon's hand.

He noticed the frowned on her face for not knowing the story behind his bandaged hand. He gladly left her and walked out of the teacher's room with some work papers.

 

Kris noticed he was hastening his pace walking to Han Na's class. Though to be honest, he was confused with his feelings. He was feeling guilty, not daring to see her, yet at the same time he also missed her and wanted to see her face so much. He slowed down his steps and stopped near the students' locker section. He needed to catch some air and think for awhile. He stared blankly to the ground as he bit his bottom lip. 

Last night after Han Na ran away, he intended not to follow her. Maybe she needs a little more time alone, he thought.

That did not go the way he planned after an hour in the house, alone and can't stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter