Campfire

Teacher, Student and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All the students, including me were busy putting up the tent. It was quite small since it only fit a total of three or four person inside. What made all the students in a grumpy mood was because the teachers randomly picked students to be in a group. I noticed Min Ah and Jung Hee were both seperated. Luckily, neither them were in the same group as mine. The three girls in my group looked kinda friendly in my opinion, hope so. We didn't talk at all, since each one of us were in different classes. 

It was really awkward at first, but as we were working together setting up the tent and equipments, we kind of started a friendly conversation. One of them, Jae Win was the most talkative and loud one. She kept on talking, asking each one of us our name, and what class are we in. She was bubbly and fun too. On the contrary, I was the most quiet one, still feeling as awkward as ever between them. But we did a little introducing session to each other though.

One of them, Se Mi was trying really hard on the poles of the tent. Her forehead was scrunched in distress as she was concentrating on pushing the pole into its place. She noticed me looking at her, so she stopped from whatever she was doing. "This thing won't go in", She sounded mad and fed up.

I paused my work for awhile and went to her, "I think you have to untie that first". I pointed at one of the strings that were tightly tied into a knot at the end of the sleeve of the tent. She did as I said so and fortunately, the pole went in perfectly and sticked firmly into the fastening. "Hey, you're good", she said, smiling satisfiedly.

"You must've been used to all this huh?", she continued.

I only shook my head as I went back to continue on my work, "No, I never went to camp before".

"Ahh I see", she nodded several times before continued on what she was doing.

The tent has finally set up. Sung Yi was picking up all the unused pegs and put them inside the tentbag, while Jae Win, Se Mi and I was standing in front of the tent feeling proud of ourself. "Yeayy we did it", Jae Win suddenly cheered and high five-ed us, including Sung Yi.

I looked at the surrounding, noticing some of them were already inside their tent, while some were still busy setting it up. 

"Chanyeol you , stop playing around and hold the tent up !", Baekhyun's voice was heard from quite afar. I turned around towards the voice.

I squinted my eyes and saw him, screaming on the top of his lungs at his tall friend. Eventhough he was quite far away, I managed to see his ears were red along with his hands on his hips like a truly diva. "Aww to short to hold it up?", Chanyeol made a sarcastic sorry face to Baekhyun. I let out a giggle looking at them quarelling with each other. Lucky how they end up in a same group huh?

"Why are you laughing looking at them?", a voice suddenly came from beside me, which totally made me jerked a little. It was Se Mi.

"I-I-I wasn't", my voice were stuttered.

Se Mi pulled an 'are you serious?' face on me. "I saw you", she smiled teasingly at me and took her bags to put inside the tent. I only looked at her and slightly sighed before stealing one last glance at Baekhyun and his friend, still haven't finish with their tent yet.

"C'mon put your bags inside. We have to be in the main hall at 4:30 guys", Jae Win announced after noticing Se Mi putting her bags inside.

~

All the students finally gathered at the hall after an hour. We also had change to our casual clothes like simple sweatpants and shirts. Mr Seok and Kris songsaenim finally appeared after several minutes of waiting. I looked at him in that familiar tshirt matching with a pair of black jeans. I noticed he wore that shirt before in his house. My lips unknowingly curved to a smile.

"Okay students, your food is ready at the canteen. Now I want you to polietly walk there and enjoy the food", Mr Seok said. The student cheered in happiness. Finally it was meal time, since we never had anything in our stomach for the past 3 hours. 

"Later after that, you can get some rest in your tent. Gather back here at 6", Kris songsaenim continued with the announcement. All the students answered understandingly and quietly, not so stood up and made their way to the canteen. "Miss Kwon and Mr Jin are waiting at the cafeteria", Mr Seok said. As the students walked towards the canteen, the two male teachers trailed behind.

They served fried rice with chicken today. Nothing is better than fried chicken. I my lips, feeling more hungry when the smell of the food came across my nose. 

"Do you know how to line up? Geez you're 17 guys", Miss Kwon slightly shouted at the boys who just ran to get the food. They did bowed and apologized to her, but still continued to make chaos by pushing through other students, laughing like they own the world. I from afar, only rolled my eyes in exasperation and took a sit somewhere at the nearby table while waiting for the que to shorten. Some of the students did too though, can't bare to stand long for the lengthy que.

Suddenly someone made a sit next to me. To my surprised, it was Kris songsaenim.

I stayed seated looking anywhere else but him. It was silent for seconds, until he started asking me something. "Aren't you gonna take the food?".

I turned my face to him. "Urmm..the que is too long, I'll wait".

He nodded understandingly. I pulled my gaze away from him and focus to the ground. It kinda felt weird talking to him at school. I really hoped for him to just stand up and walk away from here. I didn't have any idea why was I hoping for that though. I mentally sighed.

"Why are you here?", suddenly Miss Kwon came, making me jerked back in reality.

Kris songsae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter