The Christmas After

You Are Beautiful

A/N- I can't believe the time has lapsed when I was writing this story...This is taking me like forever.And now that Christmas time is just around the corner..and the story is still in Christmas mode..drive me nuts..Sorry for the delay..but yeah I got to finish soon,Yes maybe by Christmas time..LOL. Thanks for all your patience..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geun Young looked at the trees as they drove down to her parents house.they just passed by the town proper and now they are on the last turn before their house. This has been her home until she studied in the city and decided to stay there for good. Somehow,she just knew that she won't be coming back o,once she has seen the bright lights of the city. For her it is her hope and her refuge ,from the poverty , the stillness of her town.

After seeing New York City and living in the city,her own town has paled at comparison in every angle. Their own town has been dying, very few people lives here now.Most of the young people moved to the city, there is nothing here that the town can offer for young families. The business of farming and mining where her old people thrived has all been dwindling. Th mining company has left five years ago., and the people soon started leaving.

Geun Young took a deep breath, as the driver on her side glanced at her. She didn't know how come he ends up coming with her.He was just supposed to drop her off the bus station, and then the scheduled bus has been cancelled and she will have to wait till the next morning in order to go home. Yesung was insistent of him driving her home. She doesn't really want to him to come and see her old home,her past.

She wondered what Yesung will be thinking if he saw their old, small house.It is not even well kept,for her parents are both old now. nd both of them are just living on their retirement from the mining company that has left  She sent them money but her brother has taken them away before they can buy something for themselves. Thank God that he has left the house  just  month ago and went abroad to work..

"That will be the house at the end of the road." Geun Young said. And then Yesung slowed down the car until a full stop. The road is not even cemented but all gravel.

The old house still stood in the middle of the fields.  The paint has been peeling off already, and part of the fence has been run down. But there are a lot of plants around the house giving it a homey look.The colorful curtains sway with breeze....

"So this is your home?" Yesung said smiling at her.

" Yes..I grew up here before I moved to the city. I am sorry if it is not much. I know you are ...." Geun Young said her face pink and with an ambarassed look at her face.

"You don't have to worry about me,after all I am just an uninvited guest. " Yesung said. "But I am eager to meet your parents. "

And then an older man came out of the house ,his hair is gray and an obvious wrinkles on his face. His face changed to a happy when he saw Geun Young...

"Yaebo, I told you she is coming." he said, obviously talking to his wife, who hurriedly went  out to meet them, she went to hug Geun Young and then her Father too,

"So happy that you can make it. I know you'll come to see us this holiday." she said. And then looking at Yesung and smiling. "And so is he your boyfriend.?"

Yesung smiled and Geun Young turned red..."No Mom...he is my Boss." Geun Young said. " He is Mr Kim Jong Woon,the CEO of the company that I work with. And he kindly drove me here today because the bus schedule was cancelled." expalining to them before they get any crazy ideas into their heads..

"Ohhh,thank you sir for driving our daughter all the way here. Thank you for watching over our girl." her Father said.

" It is nothing. Your daughter is a very treasured employee. " Yesung said.

"You are staying with us, I insist that you stay with us even for a night. It will be too tiring for you to go back to Seoul for a day." Mrs Moon said.

Yesung looked at Geun Young and then smiled and said. "Well if you insist.It will be nice to get to know you and your place." he said. Maybe this time,he'll get to know the real Moon Geun Young and then his doubts for her will come to rest, and then his own heart will be at peace...