Christmas Holiday

You Are Beautiful

By the time the four of them get back to the house, it was already noontime. They were tired from playing in the slopes. Yesung and Geun Young followed Geun Seok and Shin Hye  in the slope. The four of them had a good time together. Geun Young feels better that there is also an outsider like her in this vacation.

Although,they never talked much about their inner feelings,one can't help but wonder, whether ,there is more between Yesung and Geun Young aside from their business association. And Geun Young is also wondering if Shin Hye has fallen to her Boss. She can see the admiration in her eyes,wheneevr she looked at Geun Seok. It only takes to be one to know one. Both of them falling for someone that is beyond their reach.

"Are you staying for the whole week ?" Shin Hye asked Geun Young. Geun Young shook her head.

"I should be heading home soon.Maybe after today . I have to visit my family still." she answered. "They lived down South. How about you ?"

With sad eyes Shin Hye reluctantly answered her. "I got none now. My Aunt just died a few months back,and she was the only family I got." 

"I am sorry to hear that. I didn't know." Geun Young said, finding her hands to comfort her, "It must be hard especially on holidays like this." she added.

"Yeah and it is so nice for Geun Seok to invite me here ,to spend the holiday with them,and glad too that you were here. " Shin Hye said.

"That is not just being nice, I think it is more than that." she said,smiling at her.

Shin Hye just shook her head. "No,there is nothing more than that. Cause you see my Aunt ,entrusted me to him before she died. She was his Dad's secretary before." explaining the concern on Geun Seok part on her behalf.

"I see." Geun young was all she can say.But somehow she knew that it is more than that.

"Did you not just arrived from States with Yesung ?" she asked.

"Yes and he thought that it will be awful to be spending holiday alone in my apartment for I won't be home for the holiday in time. So that is why I am here." she said smiling.

Shin Hye smiled too. "I thought you have a special friendship,that is why you are here." Geun Young shook her head.  "No thee is nothing like that.

And soon enough the two men came to collect them to go back home .....

-------------------------------------

And as soon as they got home, the home is well decorated for the holidays. And the dining table is ready for the feast. Sea Woo prepared an elaborate brunch for the whole family. She was already dressed for the occasion. And yes her husband is by her side. They are a picture of a happy married couple. Geun Young wished that it is for real. Sea Woo is a real and genuine people,and it will be a pity if Myung Jung will be just playing for her emotions for she doesn't deserved that,as she stared at them.

"Good thing all of you are back. I am really getting hungry now. " she said with a big smile in her face. "Why don't you ran for a shower ,so we can start.." she added.

"You really outdo yourself from last year. What are we going to do without you." Geun Seok said.

"Yes, a holiday won't be the same without you." Yesung agreed. "I hope you won't be that busy next year with the baby,but maybe it will be a more joyous accasion." 

"Ah Huh. you are just sayng that now. But then hurry up and dress up." she said.

-------------------------------------------------------------

After enjoying the meal that Sea Woo has prepared ,they had coffee and dessert by the verandah., overlooking the trees and the small towns below them. It was really a very nice view below. And before they knew it. Yesung and Geun Young were the only couple left. as they enjoyed the view.

" I am thinking of going home tomorrow. " she said." Is there any train or bus going to the city ?" 

Yesung was caught by surprised. He didn't know that she was planning to go home soon. "A bus or train ? Why are you in a hurry to go back ? re you not enjoying it here ?" he asked.

"No, I am really having a good time but I still have to visit my family down South for the holiday.They must be wondering about me now." she answered.

"I'll drive you back tomorrow. You don't have to take the bus or train." Yesung said.

"No,don't cut your vacation in my behalf." Geun Young said in protest. "I can manage,don't worry about me."

"No, I really have to go back anyway. I have been away from the office for too long.I need to check how everything is,while I was gone." Yesung said.

"Are you sure.....???" Geun Young answered. 

"Yes I am sure. We'll drive back to the city tomorrow." Yesung said. "And  Merry Christmas " as he gave her a kiss and put a small box in her hand.and before she can thanked him,he was gone. The act was so unexpected ,that she was left speechless and she didn't even got him anything for Christmas....

She opened the box and she found a gold chain with a heart shaped pendant. And inscribed in there is her name.....she frown for a moment, not understanding the act on Yesung's part and then a smile on her face erupted.....Is it possible that he also have feelings for her,just like what she is feeling for him ???? But then how can she be so sure....as she thinks of him...

------------------------------------------------------------

Shin Hye was already back in her room,. The whole house seems to be so quiet now. Everybody seems to have gone to bed. They drove around the place ,stopping at the small town nearby. All six of them, went together. They had cocoa by the town's small cafe. They even went to the lake and breathed the fresh air. They were like little kids,watching the time while away.

And then they head back for a family dinner. And although she enjoyed their company, she can't helped but miss her Aunt Helen at a time like this. Usually it is just and her exchanging gifts on Christmas morning and sharing breakfast together. The later on ,they watched the TV and an old movie. They will tell stories of her experiences and then her Aunt's experiences too. And although it is just the two of them,they always had a good time just being together.

And as she sat on her bed and think of her Aunt. she heard a knock on her door. It is already late,she wondered who can it be ? She opened the door and she was surprised to see Geun Seok standing by her door with a big smile in her face. She can feel her own heart fluttering with just a sight of him,as she took a deep breath.

And then her eyes went to the box that he was holding. Is it a gift for her ? She wondered ,but then she got nothing to give to him. But then she neevr really knew that she will be spending holiday with him.

"I know it is late,but I guess,I have to give this to you before the night is over. Merry Christmas Shin Hye." as he looked at her. 

"For me??? But I got nothing for you." she said as she stammered of what to say to him.

"It doesn't matter, you coming here is a gift enough for me." Geun Seok said. "Are you not going to open my gift to you ?" 

"But....you should have not..." she said. "I don't know what to say."

"A simple thank you will be enough." he said. "And yes I want to know if you like it or not." as he laughed.

Shin Hye opened the box and it is a beautiful  bracelet with little trinkets hanging on it. It is a mixture of yellow and white gold. and the prominent trinkets was a heart shaped one with her name on it.  

"This is beautiful. Thank You." Shin Hye said. Geun Seok took it from her hand and put it on her wrist.

"Now you got something that will remind you of me." Geun Seok said. "And I am glad that you like."

"I really do.Thank you. " Shin Hye said, as she stared at Geun Seok and felt herself coloring when their eyes met. Can he read her own feelings for him ? 

"Good night Shin Hye and Merry Christmas " as  he smiled again and left. And Shin Hye was left in her door staring at his back...Yes something to remind her of him,does it mean that he will be leaving soon again ???  As Shin Hye bit her lips...and took a deep breath...