Birthday

Protecting Angel

9.

Birthday.
 
After numerous times of attempting to just make one slice of cake and being a ghost early in the morning, Hye Min finally knew how to make a proper cake, with the help of D.O. of course.
 
"It's like this, right?" Hye Min asked, as she slowly took out the cake from the oven, the aroma filling up the whole kitchen.
 
She didn't care whether flour covered her whole entire face like a ghost now, but just caring about the party and the cake for Suho, while D.O.'s gaze travelled to the cake, and he nodded, grinning.
 
"Yes yes yes!" Hye Min cheered as she stared at her grand cake. She could say it was the most perfecto cake she ever made.
 
"Told you you could do it, with the help of me, of course," D.O. crossed his arms and smiled, also satisfied with Hye Min's work. It just pays off to be a good teacher.
 
Hye Min rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Yes yes. You get the credits too Mr-"
 
"Please, don't call us by our surnames. Just call us by our names. It sounds unfriendly." D.O. remarked, as he attempted to take a bite from the cake, but was stopped by Hye Min. "It's for Suho.." Hye Min smiled and slowly took the cake from the table, hiding it from D.O.
 
He rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fine fine. But how would I know whether is this cake good?" he asked, while Hye Min just tapped her chin. "It'll be good for sure. I attempted this recipe for numerous times, it can't possibly go wrong." She smiled, while D.O. nodded his head in agreement.
 
Maybe everything would go smoothly, or maybe it won't.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Suho Hyung!" Sehun chimed as he approached him. 
"What's up?" Suho smiled, wondering what the maknae is going to prepare for his birthday, but instead, he took out a piece of paper, then handing it to Suho. Suho's smile immediately faded, as he looked at the paper, an errand. Again.
 
He gulped and looked down at the list. "You want me to go on an errand again?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, pointing at the errand.
 
The maknae nodded vigorously, then pushing him out of the door before he could say another thing. The door slammed shut, right in Suho's face, as he let out a big sigh, then walked down. "But today's my birthday, did everyone forget about it?" Suho mumbled sadlt, pouting and walking aimlessly.
 
He causually threw the items into his cart, as he went to the next section, going around the mart aimlessly in circles. He walked around, not knowing that actually people were staring and looking at his direction, while his gaze travelled to his cart, only.
 
He walked towards the watch shop, and he pressed his palms on the glass window, looking at it, as his lips unknowingly curved up, smiling softly at the couple watch. It really stands out from other watches that were on the display. His eyes only on that particular watch and then he walked back.
 
He wondered, who actually designed this watch. This person doesn't look like the one who was actually a professional, but it just unknowingly gives the feeling of simplicity and purity, the innocence in the person who was about to wear it. It seems that the person actually already know which type of person to wear, and only those type of people would admire it, buy it.
 
*I'll be coming back here in 5 months time.. 5 months time..* Suho thought, and he pursed his lips, then walking away.
 
On the other hand, Hye Min and EXO-K were busy preparing the surprise party, as Hye Min and D.O. were in the kitchen, admiring the cake.
 
D.O. nodded. "Yes, now put it down. Take the creamer.."
 
"Yah! D.O! Done with the baking? Suho Hyung's coming back anytime!" Baekhyun hollered from the living room, as he stood on the ladder, placing the streamers and balloons on the wall.
 
They separated their duties, as Kai does the dining room decorations, Baekhyun and Chanyeol doing the living room, while Sehun has the easiest job-Keeping a look out by peeking at the door hole from time to time.
 
"Done!" Hye Min exclaimed, putting down the creamer as she smiled widely at D.O., excited for later.
"Yeah!" They both high-fived each other, grinning widely, as they look back at the cake.
 
Just for Suho, whatever they did was deserved.
 
"Ooh ooh! Hyung's coming! Hyung's coming!" Sehun exclaimed, jumping up and down as he pointed at the door.
 
He switched off the lights, and everyone immediately sprang into their hiding place, as they bend down, waiting for Suho to come in.
 
Suho restlessly knocked on the door, as the door slightly opened, not locked at all.
 
He frowned as he pushed the door a little bit more, poking his head in. *I wonder where did everyone go..*
He then switched on the lights, as everyone jumped from the place, giggling and smiling brightly at Suho, the birthday boy of today. "Surprise!" 
 
Suho's eyes widened as he slightly jumped back, holding onto his heart.
 
Just then, Hye Min and D.O. walked out together, as they held onto the birthday cake, smiling at it.
Suho's heart skipped, as he looked at the cake, then back at Hye Min.
 
It wrote there, To our Guardian Suho, happy birthday.
 
Just then, Chanyeol took out the laptop from the room, as there was a video camera, and Suho's face immediately lit up. He saw his parents, smiling and waving at him.
 
"Appa, omma.." Suho smiled at them, as they smiled back. Although they weren't there, but still, having to see their faces on screen, is not a bad idea too.
 
"You guys did this, all for me?"
Everyone nodded, as they stood in one row.
 
"Palli Palli. The fire'iss blowing out. Make a wish make a wh!" The maknae hurried.
 
Suho immediately nodded, and he closed his eyes, making a wish.*I wish, every year would be like this, celebrating with Hye Min, EXO-K, My parents, would celebrate it, just like this.*
 
He opened his eyes and blew the candles, as they clapped loudly.
"Who made this cake?" Suho asked, unable to hide his excitement and smile.
"It's Hye Min! Didn't know that she was such a great patisserie!" Baekhyun made a thumbs up, flashing a smile.
 
"It's also thanks to D.O." Hye Min looked at D.O., who winked at her and Suho, grinning proudly.
He looked at the both of them, then at Hye Min. "Thank you, Hye Min, it's really great," Suho thanked, and he couldn't resist, as he enveloped her with a hug.
 
"Hyung unfair! I wanna hug too!" Sehun whined as he back hugged Suho.
 
"Aish you. You didn't even do a single thing, we were the only one doing the whole planning." Kai knocked his head, as he pulled the maknae away from Suho.
 
"Alright alright, everyone gets a hug alright?" Suho smiled, and at that once, everyone ran towards him as they suffocated him with their bear hugs.
 
"Now now. Let's eat alright?" Chanyeol clasped his hands together, then rubbing his stomach. "Kind of hungry.." he giggled while everyone laughed.
 
"Now, let's try this cake, Suho hyung take a piece," Baekhyun cut a slice, and served it to Suho and only himself, as he quickly gobbled it down, before Suho could even try, but quickly rushed into the kitchen and whined.
 
The others got curious, as they curiously took one , and spat out the cake.
 
Baekhyun came out of the kitchen, gulping down the cup of water quickly, then panting. "Hye Min! What do you add in the cake! It's sour!" Baekhyun whined, while the rest nodded in agreement.
 
Suho looked at the EXO-K members, tilting his head as he took a bite carefully, then shaking his head. "Really? I don't find it sour though.."
 
Hye Min frowned at Baekhyun's comment. "It can't be that bad right.." Hye Min mumbled to herself, then takin one . Indeed it was sour. "But it can't be, I did it so many times with D.O. it can't go wrong." Hye Min muttered under her breath, as she went into the kitchen and took out the recipe, looking through everything again, then going out to the living room. looking at Suho who just smiled back at her. "Suho! Don't tell me you're going to eat all right? It's sour."
 
He lightly shook his head and smiled. "I don't find it sour though, I think it's sweet." He grinned while the rest of EXO-K members shivered. "Suho hyung, don't give me the goosebumps. We know that whatever Hye Min makes, you'll find it sweet," Sehun commented.
 
Chanyeol nodded his head in agreement. "Even if she gives you poison, you'll just gladly take it."
 
Hye Min slapped his arm, wrinkling her nose at him and frowned. D.O. went over to Hye Min's side, shaking his head solumnly. "Hye Min ah, I'm so disappointed in myself, I thought it would be edible, but it seems like it's not.." D.O. pouted and shook his head. "But, it's good to play with."
 
Hye Min titled her head, and before she could ask why can it be good to play with, D.O. took the piece of cake from Suho's hand and aimed at Hye Min's face, then throwing it at her.
 
EXO-K's jaws dropped, but quickly snapped out, as Sehun immediately clapped his hands and started attacking Kai.
 
She closed her eyes, and pouted, then slowly opening her eyes, frowning at D.O, about to attack him when Chanyeol began attacking D.O.
 
"Do. Kyung. Soo!" Hye Min shouted and ran after him, while Suho quickly grabbed her arm and turned her around. "Suho.." Hye Min whispered, while he just smiled, and wiped off the cream of her cheek, then applying it on his cheek. "Fair now, isn't it?" he giggled softly, while Hye Min just blinked, then cracking a smile, that slowly turned into laughter.
 
Suho couldn't help but laugh with her, while was EXO-K chased after one another in the dormitory. *Best birthday of my life.* Suho thought.
-----