University

Protecting Angel

16.

University

 
"Woah, this is huge," Hye Min said as she gaped at the university, looking up, as in all the way up to see the grand university that EXO-K were currently studying in.
 
"You study here?" Hye Min pointed at the university and gaped at it once more.
 
They nodded.
 
"It's grand, huge, magnificent," Hye Min remarked as she admired the university. "I've never attended university before," she said shyly and bit her lip. "And I guess I won't have the chance .."
 
She had always wanted to enter a university, but too bad, no matter how hard she tried to study, she's just not the type to study.
 
"The competition starts at around 12.30pm." Suho glanced at his watch. "So maybe Hye Min, you want to roam around the university?" 
 
Hye Min eagerly nodded, as she smiled at Suho, and the tour around the universtiy began.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Suho brought Hye Min to the important places of the university, describing the facilities one by one, and he could say that Hye Min's one very curious listener.
 
All the students, including EXO-K and excluding Suho and Hye Min were already at the venue for the science competition, waiting for it to start.
 
"Woah, so this is your classroom," Hye Min went to every corner of the classroom and touched it.
*Smooth surface, very good quality.* Hye Min nodded and noted it in her mind.
Suho couldn't help smiling at her silly behaviour, going around to inspect the walls of the classroom and touching the surfaces.
 
How should he describe her? Cute? Silly? Innocent?
 
"You're so lucky to study in such a great environment.." she said enviously, looking down while Suho sighed softly, then thought of an idea. "Well you can study here too," he suggested.
 
Hye Min's ears perked up and she blinked in surprise. "Me?"
 
He nodded his head. "Sit. I'll be your teacher," he said and laughed, guiding her to sit in the first row, and he stood in front of her, grinning. "Today we'll be talking about.. Aliens."
 
"Aliens?!"
 
"We, are aliens called EXO and we came to Earth to bring peace to Earth," he explained, closing his eyes and smiled while he spread his arms wide and Hye Min laughed. "I like this lesson, a lot."
 
"Alright Hye Min maybe we should end the lesson now. Let's go before the competition starts, EXO-K are already there." Suho dragged Hye Min out of the classroom, and going to the hall for the competition.
"Hye Min, stay here with the rest of EXO-K alright? I'm participating in the competition."
 
"Really?" Hye Min's eyes brightened up.  "I wish you all the best! Hope you will win!" Hye Min cheered as she gave a thumbs up to Suho and smiled widely at him.
"Hye Min! What about me? I'm going up too against Suho Hyung!" Baekhyun whined as he pouted.
 
"Oh. Good luck then!" Hye Min cheered and his face immediately brightened, nodding his head as he went to the centre of the stage.
 
 
 
When Suho and Baekhyun went up, the girls squealed in delight as they clapped for him, swooning over him, and the science competition started.
 
Hye Min stood at a corner, watching Suho as he wrote down the answers to the questions on the black board as quickly as he could, hoping to out beat Baekhyun, and although Baekhyun and Suho are both from EXO-K, Hye Min found herself only glued to Suho, not even a glance at Baekhyun.
 
Hye Min looked at Suho's head lifting up and down as he read the questions and wrote the answers down, his eyebrows furrowed and he bit his lip.
 
She found herself gaping at Suho, getting more and more excited as Suho was almost at the end, while Baekhyun was also at the end, only just that she didn't notice. She had no idea Suho could write that fast. Shouldn't he be a writer instead?
 
As Suho wrote the last word and running to press the bell, signifying that he was done, the crowd immediately cheered, and Hye Min cheered along, clapping loudly as she couldn't resist smiling widely at Suho.
 
While Suho just stood on stage waving, and also looking at only Hye Min at the corner of his eye, smiling back at her, and Kai could feel Suho's gaze landing on Hye Min, as he clapped along, watching Hye Min returning the smile back to Suho.
 
"You did great Suho!" Hye Min cheered as she walked beside Suho and Baekhyun, totally forgot about Baekhyun's presence.
"Yah, Hye Min, you're so evil.." Baekhyun pouted as he crossed his arms, turning his back to Hye Min and clung onto Chanyeol.
 
Hye Min turned to face him and slightly jumped, as she just figured out that Baekhyun was beside her. "Sorry Baekhyun, anyway, you did great too!" Hye Min smiled as she did a thumbs up to him and patted his shoulder, making him feel better.
 
 
 
 
 
"What would you want Hye Min? It's my treat, since I've won the competition," Suho softly smiled as he queued beside Hye Min for food.
 
Hye Min tapped her chin as she looked at the menu. "Something not so expensive, something simple and cheap, something like, rice!" She clasped her hands together grinning. Suho chuckled in amusement and nodded his head. "I'll add more ingredients for you then."
 
"Ahh." Hye Min breathed in deeply as the aroma of the rice filled her nose.
"Let's eat!" EXO-K chorused in unison as they began eating in one table at a simple stall stand. All seven of them squeezed side by side in a table.
 
Hye Min dug into her food as she gulped down hungrily, she was really hungry. Very hungry.
 
Suho looked at her figure and shook her head, smiling.
He looked at her once more, and frowned. "Hye Min, you have some rice near your mouth." Suho pointed at the spot, hoping that Hye Min would know where, but apparently, she don't. She smacked , thinking that the rice wasn't there and she continued eating.
 
"Here.. No, here.. Here.. Here." Suho gave up trying to tell Hye Min where's the spot and just helped her wiped it with his hand.
 
Her eyes slightly widened at the contact, as she looked at his hand, slowly coming closer near and then retracting it back after wiping it.
Her cheeks began to flush, as she just smiled at him. "Next time, just tell me where." and she continued eating, suddenly became very, very interested in her chicken rice.
 
Kai looked up at the both of them and raised an eyebrow, that action made him suspect even more about their relationship. It seems like Hye Min's more at ease with Suho than the rest of us, or maybe it is.
 
Suho broke into a smile as he looked at Hye Min once more, and found her hair that is close her food. He immediately curled her hair at the back of her ear, making Hye Min look at him.
 
"Your hair almost got into your food."
 
Hye Min immediately pinked as she swallowed down her food. "Aish, next time just tell me, you don't really have to do this to me," Hye Min nagged and continued eating.
 
Kai looked at how they react and communicate, and he knew that there is something fishy with them as he narrowed his eyes. He then looked at the other EXO-K members, all just so engrossed in their food, not even seeing how close Suho is acting towards Hye Min and how Hye Min just smiled back .
 
He was beginning to suspect them, or was he just thinking too much?
 
Yeah, maybe he's just thinking too much.
 
 
 
On the way home, Kai was still observing the both of them, how they behave with one another.
 
Kai was sitting next to Suho, and Hye Min was at the front seat together with the driver, and Suho was leaning forward, holding the head rest as he began chatting and laughing with Hye Min, and it's been a long time since Kai had seen Suho laugh for a long time, after all, with their busy schedules, it's hard not to be busy and stress right? But since Hye Min came into his life, and also EXO-K's life, she really had brought some laughter in the dormitory, and everyone is treating her like she's their younger sister, trying to protect her, even though it's kind of odd. As Hye Min is hired TO PROTECT them, and not THEY protect Hye Min.
 
He thought of her father, her actions and behaviour were almost the same as her father. Their stances, the skills and even how they brought laughter in, Kai saw the similarities.
 
He saw how Suho took good care of Hye Min when she was sick in America, and how affectionate he acted towards her when she was sick.
He knew that he kind of took care of Hye Min, and EXO-K did the same thing too. Just that Suho somehow also did an extra mile of taking care of Hye Min.
 
Anyway, Kai was continuing to observe Suho and Hye Min, thinking whether Suho has treated Hye Min all along as just a bodyguard, friend, sister or maybe, more than just that?
 
His train of thoughts were broken down by his phone that vibrated in his pocket.
 
"Hey! How's it going? Mr Star? Miss you ^^"
 
Kai broke into a smile as he texted back.
 
"I'm fine. What about you? Busy with your own schedule too right? I miss you too ;)"
 
Kai sent the message as he leaned back onto his seat, then not caring about his suspicions on Suho and Hye Min, then just closing his eyes and went to sleep.
 
-----