Confused

Protecting Angel

30.

Feelings.
 
The day continued as usual, and Hye Min's still on leave, taking care of her father and keeping the house clean while Madam Shin's away, and EXO-K were just on their usual routine, but Suho's life changed after the absence of Hye Min for a few weeks. He felt empty, lonely, uncomfortable, insecure, and always pours out his feelings to Kris when he's in Korea together with EXO-M.
 
Suho always doubt himself, thinking whether is it he treats Hye Min as a little sister, or love that couples have for each other. He doesn't know. 
 
He feels, confused.
 
Confused. Yes, confused.
 
While Kris, just decides to pay Hye Min a visit.
 
He initially wanted Suho to tag along, but on second thought, he wanted to understand more about Hye Min, and the feelings she has for Suho.
 
Hye Min rolled up her sleeves and tied a bun, then began cleaning the house clean, while her father was sleeping.
 
She was clearing the cupboards, taking out all of the stuff in it, then wiped it clean.
 
When she cleared the second and third drawer, she opened the first drawer, and started to clear the insides. As she wiped the bottom of the first drawer, she felt an item stuck to the bottom of it and frowned. Something slightly protruding.
 
She put down the cloth and slowly took out the object, to find that it was an envelope. A very old one indeed.
 
The colour of the envelope was yellow and some parts were covered with black spots of mould. She blew the dust off the envelope and flipped it to the front.
 
To my family.
Kim Hae In.
 
Hye Min slowly touched the words written on it, lettign her fingers trace the words and the outline of the envelop. Just as she wanted to open it, there was a knock on the door. She looked up and scrambled up to her feet, then quickly slipped the envelope in between a pile of magazines.
 
"Coming!" Hye Min shouted, quickly running to the door, opening to reveal Kris standing at her door.
 
For a second, Hye Min couldn't recognize him, as she stared at him blankly, looking at his tall figure, while Kris looked back down on her small petite figure.
 
"Hye Min, recognize me?" Kris asked as he waved in Hye Min's face.
 
"Oh yeah, you're.. You're.." Hye Min frowned as she tried to remember his name, "you're, Kris!" Hye Min snapped her fingers.
 
He smiled, nodding.
 
 
 
"Glad I went to the correct address, I thought it's the wrong one," Kris murmured as he say next to Hye Min. "So why are you here?" Hye Min causually asked, placing a cup of water on the table beside him. "Promotions are done in China, so I just came back to Korea," he said. "It was the company's orders."
 
"I mean, why did you come here?" Hye Min said again. "In my house."
 
"Oh." For a moment, Kris realized her question and chuckled. "I came here to talk to you about someone."
 
"Someone?" Hye Min asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
"It's regarding Suho."
"Oh, Suho. How's he?" Hye Min asked anxiously. And when she found out how she blew her cover, she quickly added, "and EXO-K?"
 
When Kris heard, he bit back a smile. "He's fine, EXO-K's fine too. I just came here only about him. He's been quite confused and disturbed lately," he said, fiddling with his fingers and Hye Min immediately frowned. "How's Suho? What happened to him? I was just gone for a few days and he's already disturbed?"
 
Kris blinked in surprise, staring at Hye Min. "No no. He's, he's fine. I just want to ask you, have you developed any feelings, towards him?" Kris hesitated at some words.
 
Hye Min was taken aback as she blinked.
 
Feelings? Now even Hye Min's confused, on what type of feelings.
 
"I-"
 
"Do you like him?" Kris asked as he cut Hye Min off.
 
Her eyes slightly widened as she hesitated for a moment and looked away, then laughed. "Funny joke. What kind of question is that.. Of course not.." her voice trailed off at the last few words. She laughed awkwardly away. Now her reply was like a joke, or a lie.
 
Like? Feelings? Even this is getting too complicated for Hye Min. Too complicated.
 
Kris sighed as he turned to face Hye Min, while Hye Min kept looking away. "It's either a yes or no."
 
"I don't know," Hye min bluntly replied as she looked away, avoiding Kris gaze.
 
He sighed once more. "Suho likes you, he feels empty without you now, and I even suspected it was transference, but it's not," his voice slowly trailed away.
 
Hye Min's ears perked up as she turned to face Kris. "Suho likes me?"
 
He nodded sadly.
 
"I .. I don't know what to say," Hye Min replied as she was in a lost of words. She scratched her neck shyly, as her cheeks began to pink. Her heart did flip flops as she thought of Suho and his eye smile.
 
What's that feeling?
 
Hye Min had mixed feelings. Total mixed feelings. When she heard what Kris said, her lips was about to curve upwards, but she too was confused, and too much information was going in and out of her mind. She was happy, or elated that Suho actually likes her, because she has unknowingly fell in love with him, but at the same time confused and sad. Suho's a star, a celebrity.While she's just a lowly ranking bodyguard that is temporally beside them that will quit soon.
 
"Do you like him?" Kris asked once more, his eyebrows furrowed.
 
"I .. I .." Hye Min was in a list for words as she shut her eyes, and bit her lip. She knew she had to make a decision. But she didn't know what to say. Like? Or not?
 
"I, do," Hye Min replied. Man, she seriously isn't good in lying, and obviously Kris could definitely see through her lie, if she really lied.  "But we're incompatible. We can't be together," she quickly added.
 
Kris's eyebrows furrowed once more. "Why? Because he's an artiste?"
 
Hye Min bit her lip and nodded. *And also because I'm leaving soon, I can't have any more feelings towards him.. I can't sink any deeper into this relationship..*
 
"We're from two different worlds Kris, we can't be together, he's in heaven while I'm on earth. The distance is just too wide," she said. Even though she really want to be beside Suho at all times, but sometimes she had to plan everything out, she can't be so selfish and not think plan, right?
 
"Love has no measures. If you love him just go for it. It's hard to find a person that loves you back, and also hard to love someone," Kris tried reasoning out. "Life is fragile Hye Min, you need to cherish it, and also the people around you, just like your father, just like Suho," Kris added on.
 
Hye Min's eyes softened as she let the words from Kris enter her brain, analyzing it. She bit her lip, sighing. "I don't know Kris, I'm confused. Just give me some time." Hye Min got up from her seat and walked towards the window, looking out. To be honest, she didn't know why she even let a stranger into her house.
 
"I just hope you can think properly. Love has no boundaries, just go with your heart."
 
Hye Min pursed her lips, thinking while she kept silent. As she looked out of the window once more, and heard a melodic sound playing, from the block beside hers. She closed her eyes as she enjoyed the melodic sound, calming her nerves and taking away the troubles.
 
"That's a chinese famous song, a love song to the person she loved," Kris spoke, breaking the silence as he too listened to it.
 
Hye Min opened her eyes to face Kris, and asked. "You know about this?" 
 
He nodded. "I'm from China, I'll definitely know this."
 
Kris began singing with the tune, his voice taking over Hye Min's mind, as she closed her eyes and softly smiled, enjoying the music.
 
You ask me how deep my love is for you
How much I really love you
My affection is real
My love is real
The moon represents my heart
 
You ask me how deep my love is
How muchI really love you
My affection does not change
My love is not different
The moon represents my heart
 
Kris stopped when the tune stopped. "When you see Suho again, I hope you will be able to be together," Kris said, walking out of the door. *I just hope you two can be together.. Everlasting..*
 
Even Kris wasn't in this relationship, he was the witness of how two couldn't be together because of a stupid reason. He thought as long as two are really for each other, others doesn't matter anything. But that was when Hye Min didn't think of it. She planned, she really planned. She planned ahead, and Kris guessed, that both of them plan to never confess.
 
Hye Min opened her eyes as she saw Kris's tall figure, slowly disappearing as he went further and further, then turning to his left and walked away, his figure being blocked by the wall.
 
Hye Min leaned against the wall and sighed deeply. She's been busy taking care of the house, her father and trying to find evidence about Dongkook and now her feelings, totally engrossed in her own world, that she forgot about the envelope that was slipped in between the pile of magazines.
 
-
 
"Next place we will lie an ambush, it will be .." the mysterious man, who is apparently the leader of the assassins.
 
"I will mark it down on my computer, and I will send it to you.." the leader continued discussing with the group of assassins as they planned to ambush EXO-K again.
 
"Now, dismissed," the leader ordered with an evil smirk on his face, as he left the scene.
 
-----