America

Protecting Angel

10.

America.
 
"We're going to America!" Suho exclaimed as he ran out of his room and into the living room, making everyone in the hall jump up.
 
"Serious?! America?!" Kai exclaimed, his eyes bulged out.
Suho nodded vigorously, as he told them the details.
"Ah yes, one more thing," Suho pointed out, tapping his chin as he dashed out of the dormitory and poked his head out, grinning and Hye Min, while she smiled back.
 
"We'll be going to America, and you have to follow us there, so, do you have any problem with that?" Suho asked.
 
Hye Min's eyes immediately lit up, and her jaw dropped.
 
*America..?* Hye Min squealed mentally in her mind as she tried containing her excitement.
"A-America? Sure! No problem!" Hye Min replied without any hesitation. It was her first time going to America, and she was just so damn excited for it.
 
Wait, scratch that.
 
Apparently, not only was it her first time going to America, it was also her first time going to another country, apart from Korea.
 
She momentarily stopped as she thought about her father trying to cope at home while she's in America, she couldn't just let him suffer alone. She gotta do something, and she has to find someone to take care of him, a nurse.
 
"Let me settle some stuff first. By the way, when's the day?" Hye Min asked.
He checked the details in his phone, as he scrolled down the message from DongKook. "There's still three more weeks, so just take your time," Suho said and warmly smiled at her.
 
Hye Min bit her lip, and nodded her head. *This, is going to be awesome.*
 
--
 
"Mr Kim! Please stop trying to seek attention!" Hye Min frowned as she hissed at Kai, who was talking loudly in the airport.
 
Yes, 3 weeks past and Hye Min settled her personal things, which is having to hire a temporary nurse.
 
They are in a public place. Public. Which means anything can happen within Hye Min's grasp.
"Stop it will you," Hye Min hissed once more as she pulled him down on a bench, and held him down.
 
"Aish you idiot, can't I at least move or something.." Kai muttered under his breath as he continued to squirm uncomfortably.
"If I let you make a move, it's like having thousands of your fan girls chasing after me," Hye Min pointed out as she held him down, by just grabbing his left shoulder to stop him from coming up, and Kai rolled his eyes. Every now and then shooting a look at Hye Min and huffed.
 
 
-
 
 
"Fasten your seat belts, we will be taking off soon."
Everyone followed as they fasten their seat belts and waited.
 
They were already on the airplane, and EXO-K split into two rows, three members in each left row, while Hye Min sits behind them, in another row with other people.
 
Suho looked back at Hye Min's tired face as he thought. She was busy making arrangements to find experienced nurses to help her father when she's gone.
 
24 hours protecting EXO-K, and also had to squeeze some time trying to find and making arrangements a nurse to help his father, and it was a hard time finding one. But she found a nurse almost as the same age as her father and just picked her.
 
Hye Min laid back on her seat as she breathed in deeply.
 
*Ahh, America, first country I'm going,* Hye Min giggled at the thought of it. She just couldn't believe that after 18 years, she could finally go overseas, and it's even a free one.
 
She laid back, as she looked up having a smile on her face, then slowly drifting into sleep.
 
The plane soon took off after Hye Min fell asleep and EXO-K were making so much noise on the ride, but no one ever suspected that they were stars, famous ones even.
 
Suho looked back at Hye Min once more, to see Hye Min slightly fidgeting as she slept, sill having a smile on her face, and time to time giggling in her sleep.
 
Suho smiled at her facial expressions, then turn his head front and continued talking to EXO-K.
 
--
 
"Welcome to Americao!" Sehun beamed, while EXO-K stifled a laughter at Sehun's failed pronunciation of English, and Hye Min was practically rolling on the floor laughing.
 
"Meanie." Kai coughed, which made Suho elbowed him.
 
"Don't tell me you didn't think that Sehun's pronunciation is wrong," Hye Min talked back.
 
"Enough alright, let's go," Suho cleared his throat and started to walk out, and EXO-K followed suit, while Hye Min made a detour so that people wouldn't suspect her as a bodyguard.
 
When they came out of the departure hall, they were surprised to see their fans squealing and holding up signboards, EXO-K names written on it, while Hye Min was also in the sea of fans, camouflaging and pretending to be one.
 
EXO-K just smiled as they waved at their fans, while whispering to one another, then giggling.
 
"I can't believe we're also popular in America!" Sehun squealed in delight as he continued beaming and waving at them with their sunglasses on.
 
A fan was holding up the signboard as she tried to squeeze into the crowd, but accidentally tripped over and landed on the ground, wincing in pain.
 
Suho immediately took her hand and brought her up.
"You alright?" Suho asked politely, which made all of the fans feel envious of the fan that tripped over, even Hye Min.
The fan shyly nodded as she lowered her head, unable to hid those red flushing cheeks of hers.
Suho then waved at her, then continue following up with EXO-K. Hye Min saw all of that, and her lips curved upwards.
 
"Kya, Suho oppa's such a nice guy."
"Exactly. Just like an angel."
 
Two girls beside Hye Min were whispering to each other, while shyly looking at Suho, smiling whenever they said his name, which made Hye Min somehow attracted to the conversation.
 
She continued to follow the crowd, and when she saw EXO-K nearer to the car, she tried getting out of the crowd, and into the car before anyone could see her.
 
When EXO-K were led into the car with the help of some security guards, the driver immediately sped off, leaving the fan girls all behind, holding up their signboards and shouting the chant.
 
On the way to the hotel, Hye Min was flipping through the papers Mr Lee gave her, containing the information about the schedules EXO-K will have for next five days they will be spending in America.
 
Hye Min flipped through the pages and some information made her eyes bulged out.
 
"Woah, there's even a time duration from the airport to the hotel. Mr Lee is really meticulous in whatever he does, seems like he really takes good care of EXO-K," Hye Min mumbled, continuing flipping through the pages, and suddenly a hand just snatched it, as Hye Min stared at Kai, who was reading it with a bored face.
 
"Yah. Excuse me Mr Kim, I'll be in charge of you for your stay in America according to Mr Lee, so pass it back to me." Hye Min stretched her hand out, waiting for Kai to pass it back to her.
 
"Has any of the EXO-K members told you that I have never ever listened to Dongkook's instructions? And only listen to the superior one higher rank than Dongkook?" Kai smirked as he continued reading, then tossed it at Baekhyun who was sleeping with his mouth opened.
 
Hye Min just gawked at him as she took the paper from Baekhyun and scowled.
 
*Wipe that smirk of your face you idiotic acquaintance of mine.*
 
"Kai likes to joke, don't mind him." Suho leaned forward to whisper to Hye Min, and she just nodded.
 
*Suho's still the nicest one here.* Hye Min smiled at the thought of it, and she slowly flipped through the schedules. My my, EXO-K's really busy, Hye Min thought and sighed, which means she would also be busy.
 
 
 
"Get up guys! We've reached!" Hye Min exclaimed as she went to the boot together with the driver to take out the luggages for EXO-K.
 
Suho was the first to wake up, as he went to the register counter to check in. Fortunately, the manager was there, and it was a male, if not Suho couldn't imagine for a female worker to cling onto him during work and going to his hotel room every night. Creepy.
 
Everyone was woken up, except for the sloth, Kai.
"Yah! Wake up!" Hye Min shouted as she kicked the seat, finally waking him up.
"Yah! Don't need to be so rough! Let me guess, this is the first time you've woke me up, am I right?" Kai tapped his chin as he grinned mischeviously, while Hye Min groaned and frowned. "No it's not! It's been the fifth time I'm calling you!" Hye Min shouted, obviously pissed with Kai and his behavior.
 
"Oh really? Fifth time and you're already pissed? You need to meditate with Tao when he comes back, I'm sure he will like a buddy like you, and I can also have some break away from you," Kai replied as he walked towards the hotel, and Hye Min still know that he still has that smirk planted on his face, even though his back was facing him.
 
Hye Min took a deep breath as she replied harshly, "well can you at least take your luggage with you?!"
 
"You said it, you will manage everything for us, that includes me, so you'll be taking care of my luggage." Kai causually replied, as he yawned and put on his sunglasses, entering the hotel.
 
Hye Min just gawked at him as he walked away, and Hye Min stomped off behind him as she tried handling with Kai's luggages and also her luggage. She seriously can't stand people like him. Irresponsible.
 
Apparently, Kai has two luggages, one luggage labelled as personal, and another one that has been labeled outside of the luggage. "Cosmetics"
 
Just one big luggage for just cosmetics. Cosmetics for only a few days.
 
Hye Min couldn't believe it, such a man like him brings cosmetics, and she herself don't even own a lipstick.
And another thing that Hye Min couldn't believe was the luggage with Kai's cosmetics was heavier than his personal belongings.
 
"Now Mr Kim, will you just take your luggage that is filled with nothing but cosmetics?" Hye Min dropped the luggage right at Kai's foot, as he bit his lip, and cowering down, then picking up his foot and slowly hopped around.
 
Hye Min dusted her hands and grinned in victory, while watching Kai hopping like a rabbit. "You must be a rabbit in your past life, am I right?"
 
Kai squeezed his eyes shut, pointing a finger at Hye Min while still continuing to hop around, while Hye Min just tilted her chin a little higher, raising her eyebrow. "You'll get it from me, you will," Kai muttered under his breath, as he frowned, bearing the pain.
 
"If you want to hop around like a rabbit, sure." Hye Min grinned.
 
Suho looked between the both of them and shook his head in amusement. Hye Min always have ways to deal with Kai, unlike him, not knowing what to do with Kai.
 
-----